Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Adamek vs Estrada
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Fitz
Anybody watching this fight, it's going to be Adameks second fight at heavyweight. I haven't seen much on Estrada, but Adamek is a solid favourite, though according to the odds, it seems they feel it's unlikely that Adamek stops him, he is paying $4.50 for a stoppage. Anybody think a stoppage for Adamek is likely? I know Adamek has some good power, and it looks like a good payout, just don't know much about Estrada's toughness or chin (though I know he hasn't been stopped).
Any input on guys familiar with Estrada will be appreciated.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 2 2010, 06:12 PM) *
Anybody watching this fight, it's going to be Adameks second fight at heavyweight. I haven't seen much on Estrada, but Adamek is a solid favourite, though according to the odds, it seems they feel it's unlikely that Adamek stops him, he is paying $4.50 for a stoppage. Anybody think a stoppage for Adamek is likely? I know Adamek has some good power, and it looks like a good payout, just don't know much about Estrada's toughness or chin (though I know he hasn't been stopped).
Any input on guys familiar with Estrada will be appreciated.

I'm a bit biased but I think an Adamek win is unlikely.
BigG
Rooting for Adamek to make noise in the Heavyweight division. I really hope to see him with a title.
King Eugene
I'm rooting for Adamek just cause I want to see him face Haye later this year.
BigG
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Feb 3 2010, 06:06 AM) *
I'm rooting for Adamek just cause I want to see him face Haye later this year.

Same here, that has CLASSIC WAR written all over it!

Steve Cunningham will also be in the mix I think?

Cunningham-Haye would be a war as well....
King Eugene
QUOTE (BigG @ Feb 3 2010, 01:16 AM) *
Same here, that has CLASSIC WAR written all over it!

Steve Cunningham will also be in the mix I think?

Cunningham-Haye would be a war as well....

Yes it does. Neither will back down or retreat much and neither is so big that the other will feel they need to sit back and box their way to a victory(Haye vs. The Big Tard)!
oozemcbuck
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Feb 2 2010, 09:07 PM) *
I'm a bit biased but I think an Adamek win is unlikely.

Seriously ? All i know about jason is that he has a big mouth and big tits, and he couldn't hurt a fly with his punches. estrada is gonna be an easy W for adamek. jason's never fought anyone close to adamek. estrada doesn't have the power to keep adamek off him for 12 rounds. adamek KO between 5-7 rounds.

Will it be televised ? If not, anyone know where to watch it ?

Oh, and Cunningham is staying at cruiser, for now. He will be fighting for the IBF cruiser belt in March. Adamek/Haye at heavy ??? THAT'S A FIGHT RIGHT THERE !
Douchebag
QUOTE (oozemcbuck @ Feb 3 2010, 10:19 AM) *
Seriously ? All i know about jason is that he has a big mouth and big tits, and he couldn't hurt a fly with his punches. estrada is gonna be an easy W for adamek. jason's never fought anyone close to adamek. estrada doesn't have the power to keep adamek off him for 12 rounds. adamek KO between 5-7 rounds.

Will it be televised ? If not, anyone know where to watch it ?

Oh, and Cunningham is staying at cruiser, for now. He will be fighting for the IBF cruiser belt in March. Adamek/Haye at heavy ??? THAT'S A FIGHT RIGHT THERE !

LOL, I have CEO level confidence in my pick for this fight.
D-MARV
Adamek will outwork him...

I wonder if there will be any blood test? Have you guys seen Adamek lately?
BGv2.0
Sounds like this was not a cake walk for Adamek.

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/83743857...tough_test.html

Tomasz Adamek withstands tough test in unanimous decision win over Jason Estrada
Sunday, February 7, 2010
BY KEITH IDEC
The Record
STAFF WRITER
0 Comments NEWARK Jason Estrada tested Tomasz Adamek in the popular Polish contender's second heavyweight fight Saturday night.
He gave Adamek everything fellow Pole Andrew Golota could not during Adamek's impressive heavyweight debut, a fifth-round technical knockout win Oct. 24 in Lodz, Poland. Adamek withstood Estrada's challenge, though, to win a unanimous decision and retain the International Boxing Federation's International title before an Adamek-crazed crowd of 10,123 at Prudential Center.
Judge Steve Weisfeld, a Fair Lawn native and a River Vale resident, scored Adamek a 115-113 winner in what was a competitive fight. Judge Joseph Pasquale credited Adamek with a wider win, 116-112.
The third judge, Lawrence Layton, had Adamek ahead by a much larger margin than the back-and-forth action in the ring indicated (118-110).
Adamek was the busier boxer throughout the bout, but Estrada stalked him for much of the 12 rounds. Estrada often landed left hooks and overhand rights that at times seemed more damaging than Adamek's flurries and body punches.
Neither fighter ever appeared on the verge of going down, however, as both boxers displayed good chins after absorbing numerous power punches.
The 33-year-old Adamek, a Kearny resident raised in Gilowice, Poland, improved to 40-1. Estrada, a 2004 Olympian from Providence, R.I., fell to 16-3.
The victory likely will lead Adamek into an HBO bout against heavyweight contender Cristobal Arreola (28-1, 25 KOs) on April 24. Little Falls' Kathy Duva, whose Totowa-based Main Events co-promotes Adamek, wants to bring the Arreola-Adamek match to Prudential Center, but it could end up in Ontario, Calif., near Arreola's hometown.
The 6-foot-4, 250-pound Arreola, of Riverside, Calif., is slower and worse defensively than Estrada. He also is a much bigger puncher than Estrada, which could lead to trouble if Adamek cannot affect Arreola with any of his punches.
In the co-featured fight Saturday night, New York's Peter Quillin (21-0, 15 KOs) easily out-pointed Ecuador's Fernando Zuniga (28-10, 20 KOs) in a 10-round super middleweight match.
DOUGLIN, FARRELL WIN: Denis Douglin, a middleweight prospect from Morganville, remained unbeaten on the undercard by out-pointing Seattle's Eddie Hunter in a six-round fight.
Douglin, who improved to 7-0, won 59-55, 60-54, 60-54 on the scorecards.
Earlier Saturday night, Patrick Farrell, a cruiserweight prospect from Jersey City, defeated New York's Jon Schneider by unanimous decision in a four-rounder.
Farrell, who trains at the Passaic PAL boxing gym, improved to 5-0.
RODRIGUEZ TAKES TITLE: Julian Rodriguez, a freshman at Westwood High School, won the 125-pound championship for fighters ages 14 and 15 at the National Silver Gloves tournament Saturday in Independence, Mo.
NEWARK Jason Estrada tested Tomasz Adamek in the popular Polish contender's second heavyweight fight Saturday night.

He gave Adamek everything fellow Pole Andrew Golota could not during Adamek's impressive heavyweight debut, a fifth-round technical knockout win Oct. 24 in Lodz, Poland. Adamek withstood Estrada's challenge, though, to win a unanimous decision and retain the International Boxing Federation's International title before an Adamek-crazed crowd of 10,123 at Prudential Center.

Judge Steve Weisfeld, a Fair Lawn native and a River Vale resident, scored Adamek a 115-113 winner in what was a competitive fight. Judge Joseph Pasquale credited Adamek with a wider win, 116-112.

The third judge, Lawrence Layton, had Adamek ahead by a much larger margin than the back-and-forth action in the ring indicated (118-110).

Adamek was the busier boxer throughout the bout, but Estrada stalked him for much of the 12 rounds. Estrada often landed left hooks and overhand rights that at times seemed more damaging than Adamek's flurries and body punches.

Neither fighter ever appeared on the verge of going down, however, as both boxers displayed good chins after absorbing numerous power punches.

The 33-year-old Adamek, a Kearny resident raised in Gilowice, Poland, improved to 40-1. Estrada, a 2004 Olympian from Providence, R.I., fell to 16-3.

The victory likely will lead Adamek into an HBO bout against heavyweight contender Cristobal Arreola (28-1, 25 KOs) on April 24. Little Falls' Kathy Duva, whose Totowa-based Main Events co-promotes Adamek, wants to bring the Arreola-Adamek match to Prudential Center, but it could end up in Ontario, Calif., near Arreola's hometown.

The 6-foot-4, 250-pound Arreola, of Riverside, Calif., is slower and worse defensively than Estrada. He also is a much bigger puncher than Estrada, which could lead to trouble if Adamek cannot affect Arreola with any of his punches.

In the co-featured fight Saturday night, New York's Peter Quillin (21-0, 15 KOs) easily out-pointed Ecuador's Fernando Zuniga (28-10, 20 KOs) in a 10-round super middleweight match.
Douchebag
I saw the first three round and didn't give one of them to Adamek. It smells like home cooking to me.
BGv2.0
Yeah....I almost attached another article from ESPN that basically had Estrada claiming he was robbed. BUT....since I did not see the fight I really had no idea as to if that carried any weight.

In that interview Estrada said he knows for sure Adamek only won 3 rounds at best.

Was this televised?
Fitz
I downloaded it. Will try watch it tonight or something.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.