Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thoughts on Gomi vs Florian
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
Douchebag
I really don't know much about about Gomi except that he has loss to Nick Sanchez and apparently it was an upset so I really can't make a fair prediction in this fight. I will say that Florian is one of the 3-5 155ers in the UFC right now so for Dana to put Gomi in there with him right from jump say a lot.
Saigon
First off I think you mean Nick Diaz. Great fight btw! Gomi was a former number 1 ranked LW and a top 10 P4P. He has a great chin and HEAVY hands. His ground game is very limited though but has a solid wrestling background. So pretty much, Gomi's best chance at a victory is to sprawl and brawl, hopefully landing some crisp solid combinations. On the ground he may be as good as done.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Saigon @ Feb 5 2010, 10:19 AM) *
First off I think you mean Nick Diaz. Great fight btw! Gomi was a former number 1 ranked LW and a top 10 P4P. He has a great chin and HEAVY hands. His ground game is very limited though but has a solid wrestling background. So pretty much, Gomi's best chance at a victory is to sprawl and brawl, hopefully landing some crisp solid combinations. On the ground he may be as good as done.

You're right is it was Nick Diaz. Good catch.
leomartin6
I remember that particular match. It was worth watching ....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.