Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Bowl pick thread
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
MarzB
GEAUX SAINTS.

With Freeney NOT being 100%, this bodes favorably for Drew Brees. I think because INDY has shown they CAN get behind games that this will be their eventual undoing with an offense as powerful as the Saints. Now that said, Peyton Manning is the schit flat out. I'm already putting Peyton ahead of my fav QBs in Moon and Montana. The guy is never rattled and most importantly, his timing with his receivers are unmatched. Garcon is a future STUD in the league and how they incorporate that Colley kid, you gotta like it also.

BUT, their running game SUCKS so the Saints don't have to worry about that with their poor running defense.

Plus I like picking upsets since Indy is fav.

GEAUX SAINTS

That would be incredible for the city of New Orleans.
JD
Saints 35 - Colts 31.

The difference will be New Orleans ability to run the ball. They are very underrated in that regard, and their offensive line, even without Jamaal Brown, is one of the best...dudes are beasts. Without Freeney (who is every bit as good against the run as he is at getting to the QB), the Saints will also be able to send an additional man out into patterns without needing him to chip in and block...that will only help set up the run even more.

Defensively, Jabari Greer has been the best under the radar signing this offseason - he will give Reggie Wayne plenty of problems.

This has close shootout written all over it...maybe a special teams play is the turning point, it ain't in a dome, so good luck trying to get that hangtime against Reggie.

Great game...New Orleans wins their first.
Snoop
Don't watch much football but I'll be pulling for the Saints. New Orleans needs as much of a boost as it can get since Katrina.
Big Slim Sweet
Colts 34 - Saints 31
The CEO
I haven't followed either team, but I sense The Saints chokin' and The Colts shinin'...

Colts 38 - Saints 17
Maxy
Superbowl??

Loada cunting bollocks.

End of.

Yanks, get a life with a proper sport, not just one that only yanks give a fuck about.

Mother fuckers.

World cup 2010....watch England spank the yanks. Believe.
JD
American football can be complex.
Snoop
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 6 2010, 12:38 AM) *

I don't think anyone in the world, let alone on this board, thinks the US team has a chance in the 2010 World Cup.
Spyder
Damnit Snoop, don't get sucked into that damn Limey's jealous trap!

laugh.gif

Maxy only WISHES that his sport was as cool as ours. In fact, he wishes that he could understand HALF as much about the NFL as our girls do.

I forgot my prediction...lol...Colts by two scores. It took 5 turnovers and OVERTIME, for the Saints to beat Minnesotta...Tony Dungy said it best, "What are the Colts going to turn it over 7 times?"

Another lop-sided Superbowl that leaves New Orleans backers scratching their heads.
King Eugene
Saint will have success early but the Cerebral Assassin(Manning) will not be beaten! Manning is just too damn good! It will definitely be a shootout with the Colts pulling out the victory. Both defenses are underrated. Colts led by Brackett will do a lot better with the run than expected and the Saints led by Vilma(The U) does a great job in pass coverage. Should be interesting but Manning will come home with the super bowl and mvp.
STEVENSKI
My pick is a nice bowl of Nutri Grain. Iron men eat it on the ads. Oh I thought you meant a super bowl of cereal. Silly me.

Loada cunting bollocks.

End of.

Thats the spirit Maxy. Oh i'm tired so I better have a rest. Qick get the offensive line back on the field as out players are not talented enough to play offense & defense.

See this is where you lost me. ENgland will NEVER win the big one. You know why? Because ENgland are & always will be premiership quality chokers. Every fucking cup or Euro the Limey press talk it up & England always bow out by the semis. The only one you guys won was marred by as much controversy as a Hatton fight.
JD
England and the US play in their respective first matches...so a win against the States, which is definitely no lock, is what he was referring to. England is quite clearly more talented, and may have played better than damn near anyone while qualifying for the Cup...but things can change easily, and the US is a better team than many give them credit for. And I need not tell any Brits how good Tim Howard is.
BGv2.0
Whatever happened to Fear the Shoe?

Biggest Colts fan eva!

Colts got this locked up IMHO.....

If Farve can burn the Saints for over 300 yards passing while facing a constant pass rush....Manning (who is a master at reading the blitz) will eat them alive.

I think it will be a good close game....but the Colts take it.
Spyder
I hope it's close, but I've also seen a few Super Bowls in my day...and they're RARELY close.
caneman
I would really like to see the Saints win it but they will have to play a perfect game to do so! I got the Colts 35-27!
Maxy
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 6 2010, 04:52 AM) *
See this is where you lost me. ENgland will NEVER win the big one. You know why? Because ENgland are & always will be premiership quality chokers. Every fucking cup or Euro the Limey press talk it up & England always bow out by the semis. The only one you guys won was marred by as much controversy as a Hatton fight.

I haven't said we'll win the world cup....well, I haven't been caught up in the oncoming hyperbole yet.....

Thing is, we have a proper manager this time around. Capello could well be the difference between us falling to (IMO) lesser teams like Portugal and actually going forward.

If Rooney stays fit and retains his current exceptional form, England can beat anyone. I only have trepidation about Spain and Brazil.

JD, I know, America are not going to be pushovers, but realistically it will be a terrible result if England don't beat them clearly.
JD
It would be a terrible result if England does not advance...I expect a close match between England and the States. A loss would not be the end of the world...I mean look, as an American, I always root for England against anyone but the US - I love the Premiership and I am familiar with all their players, but for whatever reason this team doesn't do what it should.
D-MARV
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 7 2010, 05:11 PM) *
It would be a terrible result if England does not advance...I expect a close match between England and the States. A loss would not be the end of the world...I mean look, as an American, I always root for England against anyone but the US - I love the Premiership and I am familiar with all their players, but for whatever reason this team doesn't do what it should.

Fuck that Soccer shit!

This is a NFL thread...

Colts 35-27...

Look for Bethea to have one helluva Game.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 7 2010, 10:01 PM) *
I haven't said we'll win the world cup....well, I haven't been caught up in the oncoming hyperbole yet.....

Thing is, we have a proper manager this time around. Capello could well be the difference between us falling to (IMO) lesser teams like Portugal and actually going forward.

If Rooney stays fit and retains his current exceptional form, England can beat anyone. I only have trepidation about Spain and Brazil.

JD, I know, America are not going to be pushovers, but realistically it will be a terrible result if England don't beat them clearly.

I know I just thought I would add my $0.02. Like Murray last week in the Australian Open. When he made the final he was British at their best. When he lost he was Scottish. LOL.

MarzB
who dat talkin bout beat dem saints WHO DAT WHO DAT!!!!

thumbsup_anim.gif

Great job Saints and good win for N'awlins (one of my fav cities)
BGv2.0
That was crazy.....good win for a town that really deserves it!

You could have told me a million different ways that game was going to turn out....but Manning nutting up in the 4th quarter would not have been one of them!

Spyder
This is bullshit...

I don't remember everyone being happy for Tampa when the Bucs won it!

lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 8 2010, 12:00 AM) *
I know I just thought I would add my $0.02. Like Murray last week in the Australian Open. When he made the final he was British at their best. When he lost he was Scottish. LOL.

Hahaha thank fuck its not just us, shrouded in bitterness and hate, that notice that extremely common little piece of commentating bile. Thankyou Stevenski.
ROLL DEEP
I don't really like classing people as 'British'.

Welsh, Irish, Scottish and English.....I've always thought of Murray as Scottish and find it funny when people 'change' nationalities depending on how they're doing, lol.
hardhead
WHO DAT!!!???!!!!! NOT DA COLTS!!!

AMAZING!!!

I felt VERY good going into this game as far as how we matched up with the Colts, I felt like we had a little more of a complete, battle tested team(and the main thing I heard people saying was that manning was going to torch our secondary because we gave up 300 against the Vikings). As JD pointed out Greer is about as shutdown as you can get and the guy on the other side aint so bad himself(Porter already making himself a household name) and throw in a playmaker like Sharper,I was confident that we had the playmakers to possibly make the plays on Manning. Manning is DAMN good(not the GOAT even BEFORE this game IMO, Montana and Brady are still well ahead of him) but he isn't this perfect machine that can't be rattled or not make a mistake(This goes all the way back to Tennesee). If anything our weakness was our run defense and our ability to not get consistent pressure with our D-Line at times(wasn't the case in the playoffs though). I also think while the Colts had the clear advantage in experience but I think we canceled that out because we were more hungry, and I think that showed especially in the 4th.

I thought it was an awesome game, especially the 3rd and 4th quarter when the teams were going back and forth,but pretty much ending with a dramtic pick 6. I have to think even a neutral observer really enjoyed this one..Two best teams going at it, two high level, top QB's one clear underdog, one favorite, back and forth momentum etc

Also damn that onside kick had me going nuts, I couldn't believe that shit..haha

I partyed all last weekend and especially Sunday night, I haven;'t partyed thart hard since I was a teenager..hahaha
hardhead
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 5 2010, 07:43 PM) *
Saints 35 - Colts 31.

The difference will be New Orleans ability to run the ball. They are very underrated in that regard, and their offensive line, even without Jamaal Brown, is one of the best...dudes are beasts. Without Freeney (who is every bit as good against the run as he is at getting to the QB), the Saints will also be able to send an additional man out into patterns without needing him to chip in and block...that will only help set up the run even more.

Defensively, Jabari Greer has been the best under the radar signing this offseason - he will give Reggie Wayne plenty of problems.

This has close shootout written all over it...maybe a special teams play is the turning point, it ain't in a dome, so good luck trying to get that hangtime against Reggie.

Great game...New Orleans wins their first.

JD you did mentione a special teams play even though it wasn't Reggie. Nice prediction dude...How about that onside kick huh? Crazy, Peyton definitely has some big balls..haha
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.