Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Floyd Mayweather sits down with Bernie Miklasz
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
MarzB
Tell'em Floyd

"If Shane's Bernard's puppet, I understand. He didn't want to do that. He's normally a gentleman".

Couldn't have said it better myself, oh wait, I did,lol.
Spyder
Floyd still has Pacquiao on his mind...or at least the dollars he would've made fighting him.

He needs to forget about that shit until May 2nd, or he can forget about EVER seeing those figures again.
D-MARV
Of course Pacquiao is a career high payday for Floyd but he is right.... he DOES NOT need Pac. Floyd will get BIG money for this fight with Shane. I also heard about a potential fight with Amir Khan should the Pac fight fall through.
Spyder
If that Khan rumor is true, then I guess Freddie Roach will get his shot at Mayweather either way.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 5 2010, 07:54 PM) *
If that Khan rumor is true, then I guess Freddie Roach will get his shot at Mayweather either way.

And I'm quite sure he won't be opposed to the testing either.
Spyder
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 5 2010, 07:59 PM) *
And I'm quite sure he won't be opposed to the testing either.

He got the testing out of the way with Oscar...kind of ironic how the three of them (Roach, Golden Boy, and Mayweather) have been involved with each other in recent times...and making the biggest fights in boxing.

I was drunk when I replied last night...lol...I now realize what you meant.

Freddie himself, said that everyone reacts differently to getting blood drawn. Pac gets weak, maybe Amir doesn't...it's not THAT inconceivable.
KENSOFINE
Floyd makes it hard for his fans to even like him. Dude was clearly on his nuts, and Floyd barely even entertained his questions. Mad ghey.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 5 2010, 11:36 PM) *
Of course Pacquiao is a career high payday for Floyd but he is right.... he DOES NOT need Pac. Floyd will get BIG money for this fight with Shane. I also heard about a potential fight with Amir Khan should the Pac fight fall through.

Yup Khan is a step up for Floyd. What a cunt he is.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 5 2010, 08:09 PM) *
Yup Khan is a step up for Floyd. What a cunt he is.

In terms of bucks... yeah!

If Khan beats Marquez (which I think he will) then Mayweather-Khan would be a Huge fight.. especially in the UK.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 5 2010, 10:24 PM) *
In terms of bucks... yeah!

If Khan beats Marquez (which I think he will) then Mayweather-Khan would be a Huge fight.. especially in the UK.

Well if it's bucks we're talking about then why not fight Matthew Hatton instead? Probably make the same amount of money (or close to it) for a far lesser risk (not that Khan will be too risky).

Khan does not have Ricky Hatton's pulling power just yet and is practically unknown in the States. It would be a stupid move and one I doubt Floyd would make.
JD
QUOTE (KENSOFINE @ Feb 5 2010, 08:07 PM) *
Floyd makes it hard for his fans to even like him. Dude was clearly on his nuts, and Floyd barely even entertained his questions. Mad ghey.

LOL...while I would agree with you in principle, I think that based upon the way his fans react to everything he says or does, I can comfortably disagree and say that they do not have a hard time liking...no...loving him.
Mean Mister Mustard
It is very hard to like Mayweather. Like Ken said, the guy didn't even answer the questions. He is living in his own world, if he doesn't hear the question he wanted he just pretends that it was asked and goes from there. In a way maybe that's part of what makes him such a good fighter,t hat he refuses to leave it to the other guy and takes matter into his own hands. This translaetes well into the ring when the going gets tough but when it comes to social interaction it doesn't help a lot to attract fans.

Now I know the Mayweather fans will come back with the usual "This isn't a popularity contest" retort but here's the thing; They justify Mayweather's actions by saying that boxing is a business. Well then part of the business is to attract a following in order to make money. He hasn't attracted a following of fans, just a following of people that want to see him lose.
MarzB
He hasn't attracted a following of fans, just a following of people that want to see him lose.

I think thats a gross generalization. Now I obviously like Mayweather because of his skills. But speaking on the marketing factor Trip M, I don't understand why people think you have to be some "phony'ish" "Mr Perfect" type of guy to attract things to the sport.

Do I need to even bring up the EASIEST examples in both DLH & none other than Tiger Woods?? Pristine images, seen as all around good guys, perceived as great guys. But look under the surface, ones an alleged rapist amongst other things and no need to revisit Tiger since it's finally died down in the media. Now you can definitely say they brought in viewers in HUGE numbers to their respective sports.

To me Mayweather's approach is that of the PRO WRESTLING and like it or not, it's working very much for him. I don't think you realize how unpopular Ali was during his time with huge segments of society. Yeah, he's revered now well after his career, but Ali triggered damn near exactly the same amount of digust that some of you all have with Floyd.

To me it's fine, different strokes, different folks. I find his interviews usually the same but he's funny to me. He plays the heel and plays it well and it definitely gets ink which at the end of the day is the main purpose.

On a side note, Floyd is the ONLY boxer I've heard openly address whats going on with Genaro Hernandez and that he's contributed something for him. I'm of the belief generally speaking that guys who have the "goody FRONT" are generally the opposite behind scenes and vice versa.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 6 2010, 11:42 AM) *
He hasn't attracted a following of fans, just a following of people that want to see him lose.

I think thats a gross generalization. Now I obviously like Mayweather because of his skills. But speaking on the marketing factor Trip M, I don't understand why people think you have to be some "phony'ish" "Mr Perfect" type of guy to attract things to the sport.

Do I need to even bring up the EASIEST examples in both DLH & none other than Tiger Woods?? Pristine images, seen as all around good guys, perceived as great guys. But look under the surface, ones an alleged rapist amongst other things and no need to revisit Tiger since it's finally died down in the media. Now you can definitely say they brought in viewers in HUGE numbers to their respective sports.

To me Mayweather's approach is that of the PRO WRESTLING and like it or not, it's working very much for him. I don't think you realize how unpopular Ali was during his time with huge segments of society. Yeah, he's revered now well after his career, but Ali triggered damn near exactly the same amount of digust that some of you all have with Floyd.

To me it's fine, different strokes, different folks. I find his interviews usually the same but he's funny to me. He plays the heel and plays it well and it definitely gets ink which at the end of the day is the main purpose.

On a side note, Floyd is the ONLY boxer I've heard openly address whats going on with Genaro Hernandez and that he's contributed something for him. I'm of the belief generally speaking that guys who have the "goody FRONT" are generally the opposite behind scenes anwho have the "goody FRONT" are generally the opposite behind scenes and vice versa.

I agree. Mayweather could be a nice guy but from all appearances he isn't and that is what people base their view on. I might not agree with it but that's the way it goes.
Fitz
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 7 2010, 03:42 AM) *

On a side note, Floyd is the ONLY boxer I've heard openly address whats going on with Genaro Hernandez and that he's contributed something for him. I'm of the belief generally speaking that guys who have the "goody FRONT" are generally the opposite behind scenes and vice versa.

That's the thing, I don't even think he makes a good heel. A good heel is someone like Tyson, Toney, Mayorga or even a Darchinyan. They are bad men, when they say they are going to do something, you believe they are going to attempt it. They are good heels, Mayweather isn't so great IMO.
Spyder
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 6 2010, 11:45 AM) *
I agree. Mayweather could be a nice guy but from all appearances he isn't and that is what people base their view on. I might not agree with it but that's the way it goes.

Mayweather WAS that nice guy from all appearances, but nobody gave a shit about him. HBO wouldn't put him on PPV, and nobody was waiting to see him fight.

Then came Ellerbe and that PR firm...Viola! Floyd is a vilian that people love to hate.
jlupi
100mil in 2 fights. Maybe shane asked for the drug tests LOL
Provo209
Floyd is a entertainer ,either u like him or hate him.I think the way he is with the media and all is for hype,he loves the attention it builds his confidence.He's not a dumb man he might act like it at times lol.

On one 24/7 episode I think it was vs Oscar the doctor who was doing Floyds pre fight physical said that what the media reports about his behavior.he just can't believe it cause Floyd is nothing like that and is really respectful.
neophyte7
Yeah, I recall that on 24/7... the Dr. who was a older looking white dude said that PBF was an absolute gentleman and nothing like his media portrayal. Hey, ALI is the one who is the father of this science of media manipulation... Mayweather and the whole mayweather clan can be called ignorant or whatever, but they are pretty clever and went from rags to riches with nothing but boxing--- they are A BLACK AMERICAN SUCCESS STORY
MarzB
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 6 2010, 11:53 AM) *
That's the thing, I don't even think he makes a good heel. A good heel is someone like Tyson, Toney, Mayorga or even a Darchinyan. They are bad men, when they say they are going to do something, you believe they are going to attempt it. They are good heels, Mayweather isn't so great IMO.

Well Fitz, countless and endless "ANTI" Mayweather **ahem**; threads,distortions of his name, defacing of his image and most of all your Aussie buddy Stevenski's open disgust of him to the point I think he should be committed because he's way too extra with it says differently!

If he weren't good at this, trust me you'd have none of the above. James Bernard (the scum that killed Kellerman's brother), Luis Resto, Ike Ibeauchi(sp?) and the late Chico Corrales, boxers who did some extremely heinous schit their victims don't receive NEARLY the hatred Floyd gets. In fact, some of those guys have ROWDY supporters.

So Floyd is doing his job quite well smile.gif
Provo209
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 6 2010, 09:08 AM) *
But Ali could not be accused of avoiding tough fights..

Who is Floyd avoiding? He came back and beat the guy who beat supposely the number 1 guy in boxing.tried to fight Pac but pacs affraid of needles "but has tattoos" and now he's fighting the #1 welterweight!
neophyte7
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Feb 6 2010, 12:27 PM) *
Who is Floyd avoiding? He came back and beat the guy who beat supposely the number 1 guy in boxing.tried to fight Pac but pacs affraid of needles "but has tattoos" and now he's fighting the #1 welterweight!

Exactly... Funny how people have amnesia as to how high Marquez was on the P4P list, yet Mayweather off years made him look amateurish... The Marquez fight with the layoff showed me Mayweather has peaked in terms of his natural talents and gifts. He is in his prime years as a boxer and his reflexes are too damned good for mosley...
caneman
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 6 2010, 12:08 PM) *
Team PBF cultivates the hate crowd because they know that its economic potential is much greater than that of the PBF fan base. Every PBF fight is big because so many people want to see him get beat, not unlike much of Ali's career. But Ali could not be accused of avoiding tough fights.

It would not hurt my feelings if Mosley pulled it off.

Agreed on many levels!!! Accept I want to see PBoiF more than just beat...pounded from pillar to post & bleeding bad & than KTFO would be perfect!!! I think it would be good for boxing & it might even be good PBoiF as we might actually see the fighter that is as good as he & his fans thinks he is! WAR MOSLEY!
MarzB
QUOTE (caneman @ Feb 6 2010, 01:55 PM) *
Agreed on many levels!!! Accept I want to see PBoiF more than just beat...pounded from pillar to post & bleeding bad & than KTFO would be perfect!!! I think it would be good for boxing & it might even be good PBoiF as we might actually see the fighter that is as good as he & his fans thinks he is! WAR MOSLEY!

I think you and others would ejaculate should that happen,lol.

And please oh please someone from the Moron Marketing school board tell me why would ANYONE market something that doesn't work,lol??
caneman
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 6 2010, 12:59 PM) *
I think you and others would ejaculate should that happen,lol.

And please oh please someone from the Moron Marketing school board tell me why would ANYONE market something that doesn't work,lol??

Yeah, just like you do to his pictures! rolleyes_anim.gif
MarzB
QUOTE (caneman @ Feb 6 2010, 02:14 PM) *
Yeah, just like you do to his pictures! rolleyes_anim.gif

Typical bitchy response but have you ever been able to refute ANYTHING I've posted factual about Mayweather aside from these little childish taunts? Thats what the fuck I thought.

Keep Hate ALIVE! You guys make this WAY too easy.
caneman
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 6 2010, 01:16 PM) *
Typical bitchy response but have you ever been able to refute ANYTHING I've posted factual about Mayweather aside from these little childish taunts? Thats what the fuck I thought.

Keep Hate ALIVE! You guys make this WAY too easy.

What a come back! LMFAO @ the PBoiF nut mite! You are the one who started with the shit! As far as refuting anything you say...honestly most of what you write is all blah blah blah & yada yada yada! It's like listening to PBoiF himself but rock on chump!
MarzB
Dude first off, I barely even know you by your handle so that should tell you how forgettable most of what you write is to me.

Do you seriously think you could dare compare your knowledge of the sport with mine, tactically, historically, unique perspectives, etc?? While you'll NEVER admit it, you CLEARLY know the answer to that question. So save the schit about what I write is "blah, blah, blah" because what you say generally doesn't amount to schit.
caneman
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 6 2010, 01:27 PM) *
Dude first off, I barely even know you by your handle so that should tell you how forgettable most of what you write is to me.

Do you seriously think you could dare compare your knowledge of the sport with mine, tactically, historically, unique perspectives, etc?? While you'll NEVER admit it, you CLEARLY know the answer to that question. So save the schit about what I write is "blah, blah, blah" because what you say generally doesn't amount to schit.

It's just how I see it dude! You are just like jr, sr & roger & I know about what you are gonna say before you even type! All good though, you love jr & I don't...part of what being a fan is! For the record though, your boy has mad skills, he for the most part so far has not showed them vs top WW's!

As far testing knowledge, whatever, I boxed & been watching boxing over 37 years & I know when a guy is telling me he is the best of all time & not even showing me a Dick Tiger kinda career SO FAR!
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (caneman @ Feb 6 2010, 12:37 PM) *
It's just how I see it dude! You are just like jr, sr & roger & I know about what you are gonna say before you even type! All good though, you love jr & I don't...part of what being a fan is! For the record though, your boy has mad skills, he for the most part so far has not showed them vs top WW's!

As far testing knowledge, whatever, I boxed & been watching boxing over 37 years & I know when a guy is telling me he is the best of all time & not even showing me a Dick Tiger kinda career SO FAR!

how old are you cane?... lol... how you been also homie long time no hear...
MarzB
QUOTE (caneman @ Feb 6 2010, 02:37 PM) *

I'm like Roger,lol thats funny. Anyway make a legimate argument of who Floyd has avoided and when there was ANYTHING resembling things such as;

Margarito refusing a Williams rematch for more money than Shane fight.

Now that is a clear example of what many accuse Floyd of. Then most of all he's fighting the top guy now and you mean to tell me his career will only be legitimate after the Mosley fight??
D-MARV
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 6 2010, 11:53 AM) *

Floyd is the PERFECT villian in my opinion. Everybody wants to see him lose!
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 6 2010, 02:16 PM) *
how old are you cane?... lol... how you been also homie long time no hear...

I am 47 bro! My 1st live closed circuit was ALI/FRAZIER @ 9 years old! I been good, just busy with life bro! How about you? Who you got in the Super Bowl?
darroy
who has floyd avoided? do you honestly feel like since 2002 when he fought castillo twice floyd has fought the absolute best? all he did against marquez is what he was expected to do. did any of you honestly think marquez would win that fight?
darroy
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 6 2010, 02:30 PM) *
Floyd is the PERFECT villian in my opinion. Everybody wants to see him lose!

i think he is a good villain. prob is he says one thing then fights the opposite of the way he likes to talk and that is frustrating! he says he'll ko this guy, massacre this one, and when the bell rings it's safety 1st. do say these things if you aren't truly gonna at least attempt them.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (darroy @ Feb 6 2010, 04:10 PM) *
i think he is a good villain. prob is he says one thing then fights the opposite of the way he likes to talk and that is frustrating! he says he'll ko this guy, massacre this one, and when the bell rings it's safety 1st. do say these things if you aren't truly gonna at least attempt them.

True dat. That's why he's only 50% decent as a villian. Yeah the pre-fight smacktalk is reasonable enough I guess but honestly most of his fights are fucking boring. For instance he put on a masterclass against JMM but at the same time he shoulda got that guy outta there.

The best villians like Tyson are the ones that truly have BAD intentions in the ring. Floyd is a poor mans villian. Sometimes (like the times when he starts stuttering) I'm not so sure even he believes the shit he is talking. He needs to take the James Toney 'smacktalk with conviction' class.
Fitz
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 7 2010, 08:32 AM) *
True dat. That's why he's only 50% decent as a villian. Yeah the pre-fight smacktalk is reasonable enough I guess but honestly most of his fights are fucking boring. For instance he put on a masterclass against JMM but at the same time he shoulda got that guy outta there.

The best villians like Tyson are the ones that truly have BAD intentions in the ring. Floyd is a poor mans villian. Sometimes (like the times when he starts stuttering) I'm not so sure even he believes the shit he is talking. He needs to take the James Toney 'smacktalk with conviction' class.

That's how I see it. Those guys are legitimate bad men, you believe everything that comes out. Floyd, he talks shit, pisses people off but while he is talking, you don't believe a word he is saying.
Spyder
What Floyd did to Gatti was INCREDIBLY villianous.
neophyte7
Luis Collazo was tatooing Mosely with shots when they met... Mayweather is leaps and bounds above Callozo-- Shane is going to get lit up in this one...
JD
By tattooing, do you mean a total of 87 punches landed all night, with a connect percentage of 14%?

Mosley is plenty hittable...but Collazo wasn't the guy that showed it.
neophyte7
Stats can be deceiving... maybe I should have said early on he was tatooing Mosley... at least that is what I saw
Spyder
laugh.gif
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 6 2010, 05:51 PM) *
"James Toney 'Smack Talk With Conviction' class."

That's just beeyoutiful, Ollie.

Cheers beardo I'm quite chuffed with that one myself.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 6 2010, 09:04 PM) *
What Floyd did to Gatti was INCREDIBLY villianous.

I'd say what Gatti's wife did to Gatti was incredibly villanous.
JD
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Feb 6 2010, 09:14 PM) *
Stats can be deceiving... maybe I should have said early on he was tatooing Mosley... at least that is what I saw

Collazo landed 87 total punches...he landed in the single digits in 10 of 12 rounds...tattooing?

Ok, he landed a couple clean punches - but nothing that exemplified tattooing someone.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 6 2010, 09:08 AM) *
Team PBF cultivates the hate crowd because they know that its economic potential is much greater than that of the PBF fan base. Every PBF fight is big because so many people want to see him get beat, not unlike much of Ali's career. But Ali could not be accused of avoiding tough fights.

It would not hurt my feelings if Mosley pulled it off.

This is the thing though. True, he has set up this image because of that very thing. He figures he'll attract more than just his fans, but also those who want to pay to see him lose.

There's nothing wrong with that, and it's smart.

However, his problem appears to be where he wants to develop that image, be the bad guy, and then cry and bitch and complain that nobody gives him the respect that he deserves.

Well, perhaps he believes he should get more respect, but the problem is that when he doesn't get it due to his own doings, he cries racism and claims everyone's just "haters".

Well, shit, you wanted it that way. Floyd wanted to be the bad guy, and then wonders why people don't like him.

He's not going to be the "golden boy" of boxing, by being an asshole to reporters, and adopting an arrogant disrespectful attitude.

Very very few people in the world of athletics can get marketing deals by being a dickhead. And Floyd seems to be pissed that he's not flooded with endorsement offers.

neophyte7
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 6 2010, 11:39 PM) *
Collazo landed 87 total punches...he landed in the single digits in 10 of 12 rounds...tattooing?

Ok, he landed a couple clean punches - but nothing that exemplified tattooing someone.

LMAO:

I will have to go back and watch the match the stats you reference obviously I take it come from the HBO punchstat.... Shane beat Collazo decisively, but it was not that easy of a fight for him and a guy like Collazo would get clowned by Mayweather.

I am a New Yorker and was hoping that Mayweather Mosley would be at MSG... MSG could house other fights than Cotto fights and do well. If Pac and May ever meet MSG would be a great venue and New York a great place to generate the hype.
MSG= the MECCA of BOXING.... FUCK VEGAS LMAO
MarzB
For what it's worth Luis did injure his hand that fight early on also which limited him. I'm not saying he would have won but I think the fight would have been closer.
darroy
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 6 2010, 06:07 PM) *
That's how I see it. Those guys are legitimate bad men, you believe everything that comes out. Floyd, he talks shit, pisses people off but while he is talking, you don't believe a word he is saying.

yeah like the way floyd gets in his opponents face at press conferences and says "i'm willing to die in the ring are you?". he did it oscar and hatton and will probably say it to mosley as well, but once the bell rings he fights like he's dying NOT to die or get hit which is smart and i respect that, but don't talk shit like you a gangsta if in your heart that's not who you are!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.