Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayweather Vs Mosley
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
ROLL DEEP
This is not another prediction thread - I was curious to see who's rooting for who and why?

Me? I'm with Shane!

I used to like Mayweather, but got tired of his attitude (legacy pays bills, blah, blah) and for whatever reason, his lack of big fights.

I've always liked Mosley. A few years back, I probably wouldn't have minded who won, but now, it's Shane all the way!
D-MARV
Mosley.
lloyd mayflower
Mosley, by a distance i cannot hope to describe using only words
JD
Mosley.
caneman
Mosley FTW! I hope by KO!
d843
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Feb 9 2010, 11:20 AM) *
This is not another prediction thread - I was curious to see who's rooting for who and why?

Me? I'm with Shane!

I used to like Mayweather, but got tired of his attitude (legacy pays bills, blah, blah) and for whatever reason, his lack of big fights.

I've always liked Mosley. A few years back, I probably wouldn't have minded who won, but now, it's Shane all the way!
Like I'v said before.I really hope shane gives $may a throw back ass cuttn!I got mosley in 9.He's going to put too much presure on may.& we all know what happens to pipes when that happens.
KookedKrack
WAR MOSLEY!

Aware
Mayweather! Gotta side with the fighter who has the chance to make history. With wins over Mosley and Pacquiao you would have to put Mayweather right up there with Sugar Ray Robinson. Obviously, in terms of technical boxing skills Mayweather has no equal...in the history of boxing. The only thing left is for him to show he can beat the best of his era.
Snoop
The only reason I'd root for Floyd is for a chance to see him face off with Pacquiao. Plus, for some reason Mosley just has a dry personality. Hard to feel anything but indifferent towards a fighter like that.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Aware @ Feb 9 2010, 02:18 PM) *
Mayweather! Gotta side with the fighter who has the chance to make history. With wins over Mosley and Pacquiao you would have to put Mayweather right up there with Sugar Ray Robinson. Obviously, in terms of technical boxing skills Mayweather has no equal...in the history of boxing. The only thing left is for him to show he can beat the best of his era.

I'm a Mayweather fan too but you're going too far... LOL

Floyd has a long way to go before he gets put up there with Robinson, Ali, or Duran. He has to beat Mosley, Pac and a few others like PWill, Bradley and then maybe a few up and comers.
moscow bear
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 9 2010, 08:32 PM) *

Floyd has a long way to go before he gets put up there with Robinson, Ali, or Duran. He has to beat Mosley, Pac and a few others like PWill, Bradley and then maybe a few up and comers.
EpTXCHAMP
Its too hard for me to root for any professional athlete that has cheated by taking PED's. I didnt root for Sosa or Mcgwire, and have not for shane since he cheated thats why I can't really say I'll be happy if Shane beats floyd. But on the other hand I wouldnt mind seeing someone hand floyd a loss so I'm stuck haha. I'd just rather it be someone other than shane or pac (unless he agrees to the blood tests comes out clean) but oh well guess I'll root for floyd to make him vs pac bigger
Aware
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 9 2010, 03:32 PM) *

We know Mayweather can beat Paul Williams. Martinez elucidated Williams boxing deficiencies. Bradley come on man...his lack of punching power eliminates even the punchers chance option . The only person who has a legit shot at beating Mayweather is Pacquiao. Mosley is gonna hit nothing but air like Neo shooting at an agent for the first time.
JD
We don't know Mayweather can beat Williams until he does it.
Aware
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 9 2010, 04:29 PM) *
We don't know Mayweather can beat Williams until he does it.

We don't know if the sun will rise the next morning until it does.
JD
QUOTE (Aware @ Feb 9 2010, 03:32 PM) *
We don't know if the sun will rise the next morning until it does.

I think it's nice that you compare the likelihood of Mayweather beating Paul Williams to the sun rising.
Douchebag
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 9 2010, 03:39 PM) *
I think it's nice that you compare the likelihood of Mayweather beating Paul Williams to the sun rising.

LOL
Aware
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 9 2010, 04:39 PM) *

Was an example albeit extreme to demonstrate your fallacious reasoning. Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it is not highly probable.
Keith
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just dumb.

Mosley. All day and twice on Sunday.
Aware
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 9 2010, 04:56 PM) *
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just dumb.

Mosley. All day and twice on Sunday.

Now what? Now where are we? We're here, at you, interrupting me again, you fucking idiot! We're here, at the same point again, where you, the fucking peon masses, can once again ruin anyone who tries to do anything, because you don't know how to do it on your own! That's where we're fucking at! Once again, the useless waste of fucking flesh that has ruined everything good in this goddamned world. That's where we're at!
JD
QUOTE (Aware @ Feb 9 2010, 03:48 PM) *
Was an example albeit extreme to demonstrate your fallacious reasoning. Just because something hasn't happened doesn't mean it is not highly probable.

While you may deem it to be fallacious reasoning that someone might not grant Floyd an easy win against Williams without actually seeing it because of a some physical / stylistic issues - I would categorize is as short sighted to simply write someone like Paul Williams off against Floyd, mainly because of those very physical advantages and the fact that Floyd would need to find his way inside at times.

I prefer to actually see the fights against the top contenders...even in the cases where a win is an extremely high probability, just because sports has taught is so often that we don't really know what we may think we know.

It's not that he can't handle Williams, it's just that he should before accepting that it will occur with such conviction. So until it occurs, in my view, we don't know that Mayweather can beat Paul Williams...it's not like Paul Williams is some no-hoper.
MarzB
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Feb 9 2010, 02:40 PM) *
WAR MOSLEY!

KK, I don't know if you're saying this expression wise but I'm sure Team Mayweather would more than LOVE if Mosley even dared attempted to come out in an aggression fashion against him. Mosley would leave himself so open to counters that it'll have the reverse effect.

There's an old interview from last year in March that FIGHTHYPE did where Bro Nazim was discussing how they would fight Mayweather. Go to youtube and check it out, you'll see that Nazim's game plan is completely different.
lloyd mayflower
Anyone who hasnt yet got to grips with why Mayweather and his fans catch so much heat need only read every comment Aware has made in this thread.

I am rooting for Mosley in this fight no doubt. But theres also no doubt in my mind its going to be damn hard and were going to learn more about Floyd in this fight than we have in the last few put together.
PostingPolice
QUOTE (Aware @ Feb 9 2010, 03:18 PM) *

Login and password please.

Offence: I am arresting you for being under the influence in a public place. Get yourself home, and don't show your face around here until you have sobered up. Consider this a warning.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Aware @ Feb 9 2010, 04:22 PM) *
We know Mayweather can beat Paul Williams.

Do we?

Like we just knew Tyson was going to beat Douglas?

Like we just knew Lewis was going to beat Rahman?

Pffffft.

Nothing is certain in boxing - which is why until the fight happens - IT MEANS NOTHING.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (PostingPolice @ Feb 9 2010, 06:02 PM) *

Offence: I am arresting you for being under the influence in a public place. Get yourself home, and don't show your face around here until you have sobered up. Consider this a warning.

Haha....what I was thinking.
Aware
QUOTE (PostingPolice @ Feb 9 2010, 05:02 PM) *

Hitler had the right idea! he was just an underachiever! Kill' em all, Adolf! All of 'em! Jew, Mexican, American, White, kill 'em all! Start over! The experiment didn't work! Rain forty days, please fucking rain to wash these turds off my fucking life! Wash these wastes of human flesh and bone off this planet! I pray to you, God, to kill these fucking people!
lloyd mayflower
Tosser
torvix2000
Why don't people just make a list of top 10 fighters Gayweather should have fought should fight. Then let's see who among them he has fought at the end of his career.

LOL! Gayweather will drop down in the ATG list further.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 9 2010, 04:12 PM) *
KK, I don't know if you're saying this expression wise but I'm sure Team Mayweather would more than LOVE if Mosley even dared attempted to come out in an aggression fashion against him. Mosley would leave himself so open to counters that it'll have the reverse effect.

Are you suggesting that Mosley should try to OUTBOX Floyd???
Keith
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Feb 9 2010, 07:39 PM) *

Ya, this goes along with "Floyds style is all wrong for Mosley" argument.

Nobody will "outbox" Floyd. Thats not going to happen... so what style and gameplan can beat Floyd?

Mosley has the right tools imo... size, strength, durability, endurance, and enough hand speed to force Floyd to fight. And due to Shane's power advantage he wont have to land 1 for 1 to wear Floyd down. If Shane takes 2 for 1... Floyd wins, but if Shane can land at a 2 for 3 clip then he can wear him down.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 9 2010, 06:49 PM) *
Ya, this goes along with "Floyds style is all wrong for Mosley" argument.

Nobody will "outbox" Floyd. Thats not going to happen... so what style and gameplan can beat Floyd?

Mosley has the right tools imo... size, strength, durability, endurance, and enough hand speed to force Floyd to fight. And due to Shane's power advantage he wont have to land 1 for 1 to wear Floyd down. If Shane takes 2 for 1... Floyd wins, but if Shane can land at a 2 for 3 clip then he can wear him down.

i would buy this keith if only floyd wasnt so good at figuring out opponents styles and what they are doing... i think for shane or who ever evenually beats him in his prime to have a chance they will need a good 3 to 4 solid diffrent ways of fighting him... just when he is figuring out what you are doing be able to change up to a completely diffrent style.. its gonna be a 12round affair if someone is able to pull it off unless they have the kind of numbing power to stop him in his tracks with one punch... problem is shane is an old dog and if he is capable to pull that off it will really say sumthin bout the guy in a historic standpoint... im on record saying i dont think he is the guy to do it... he is in one mode...
Romulus9
I hope Shane absolutely starches Mayweather.

A more likely scenario, for a Mosley win, is Shane outworking him and on points.

Still, I want Mosley to knock him out with one shot, through the ropes, and onto the floor beside Jim Lampley, Maskaev-Rahman I style.
Provo209
MAYWEATHER BY UD!

There is NO way Shane beats Floyd ! Let me guess his Gameplan Put pressure on Floyd LOL ! That's everyones gameplan against the best defensive fighter in Boxing.
Shane is going to get Skooled his defense is weak,he can't stop a jab and leaves himself open for the left hook when he attacks the body and he sticks his head out there and he don't stick to his gameplan as well!

Shanes win over Plasterito was a Fluke people ,he got outboxed by Cotto and was having problems with Mayorga .Plasterito was never in that fight MENTALLY"....

And after Floyd skools Shane the haters will keep hating like always !
D-MARV
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Feb 9 2010, 08:57 PM) *
I hope Shane absolutely starches Mayweather.

A more likely scenario, for a Mosley win, is Shane outworking him and on points.

Still, I want Mosley to knock him out with one shot, through the ropes, and onto the floor beside Jim Lampley, Maskaev-Rahman I style.

I like the stiff KO's better... You know the ones where the arms extend straight out and the knees lock up.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Feb 9 2010, 10:38 PM) *
MAYWEATHER BY UD!

There is NO way Shane beats Floyd ! Let me guess his Gameplan Put pressure on Floyd LOL ! That's everyones gameplan against the best defensive fighter in Boxing.
Shane is going to get Skooled his defense is weak,he can't stop a jab and leaves himself open for the left hook when he attacks the body and he sticks his head out there and he don't stick to his gameplan as well!

Shanes win over Plasterito was a Fluke people ,he got outboxed by Cotto and was having problems with Mayorga .Plasterito was never in that fight MENTALLY"....

And after Floyd skools Shane the haters will keep hating like always !

For someone with such weak defense, Shane sure has a nice resume.

Everything else you said lost all credibility with the continued use of "skool" as if it's a real word.

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 9 2010, 10:41 PM) *
I like the stiff KO's better... You know the ones where the arms extend straight out and the knees lock up.

I do too. He can go down like that, arms extended and knees locked... while on the ground beside Lamps. It would be the ultimate KO of all time. Instant avatar material.

Provo209
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Feb 9 2010, 07:48 PM) *
For someone with such weak defense, Shane sure has a nice resume.

Yeah" he beat Oscar twice! And lost All his big fights! LMAO! Take away his wins against Oscar .What do we have ???
Let me guess your going to respond well he fought top guys ! SO ,He still lost....
STEVENSKI
I hope Mosley wins. I actually hope Mosley beats him to death or causes permanant damage to him of the type where he has his mental facaulties but his entire body is disabled so he can think about everything but do nothing to relieve the torment.
MarzB
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Feb 9 2010, 07:39 PM) *

IN the 3rd reiteration of this question (and I'm sure there will be a IV, V, MMV of it also)I mentioned and describe how Mosley "can" beat Mayweather.

I'll say simply as much as people love to "THINK" and say "Mosley" is a warrior, I think he's one of the most MENTALLY and EMOTIONALLY WEAK boxers I've ever seen when he gets in trouble. He FIGHTS and to me "big deal". The problem is that he can and HAS been visibly flustered on MANY occassions when his plan isn't working for him. Now a lot of this I do attribute to the man whom I refer to as "WACK JACK" but I saw this poor body language (slouched shoulders) in Wright II when he had (my guy) John David Jackson in his corner.

Back to your original question, no I don't think he should box with Floyd but I don't think he should engage "WAR" either. He's going to have to do a mixture of both and IMO, unless your game plan comprises of multiple things that'll keep Floyd really guessing, you're not going to beat him.

I'll tell you this, I'm glad Mosley got away form that "Power Boxing" bullschit. I'm guessing it was during this stage he was delving in CREAM/CLEAR. one problem I see in Mosley is that if you land on him solidly, he's the type that IMMEDIATELY wants to return the favor even if it means giving up his defense and or positioning. I saw Mayorga land WAY too many of those predictable looping right hands on him.

Now I understand Mosley opted to be hit with those to stay in punching range to land his left hook but guess what? That schit will work for sitting duck fighters like Vargas and Mayorga, if he thinks one punch will get Mayweather he has another thing coming (as much as folks want to see MAy KTFO).
King Eugene
Mayweather

I feel he is the mentally stronger fighter and will adapt to whatever gameplan Shane has and decision him. People wonder how he'll react to Mosley's shots. Well Floyd is a pretty tough dude. As good as his defense is he's been hit flush before quite a few times and recovered fairly well. Should be a good one.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Feb 9 2010, 11:16 PM) *
Yeah" he beat Oscar twice! And lost All his big fights! LMAO! Take away his wins against Oscar .What do we have ???
Let me guess your going to respond well he fought top guys ! SO ,He still lost....

Take away de la Hoya, and he still has the following champions on his ledger:

Philip Holiday
John John Molina
Jesse James Leija
Shannan Taylor
Fernando Vargas (x2)
Antonio Margarito

Throw in a razor thin decision to Cotto, and two razor thin decision losses to Winky Wright, at least one of which could have gone to Shane.

Meanwhile, everyone should be elated over Mayweather's points win over Carlos fucking Baldomir?

I don't think so.

The de la Hoya that Shane beat TWICE was far better than the one who fought Mayweather (a split decision, mind you).

Shane fought lightweights when he was a lightweight. He stopped fighting them when he moved up. Mayweather had that nice win over Marquez at welterweight. Not something to be overly impressed by. The most impressive thing Floyd has EVER done, within context, is the win over Diego Corrales.

Of course, you probably think he 'clearly' beat Castillo both times. LOL!
kingknockout
team mayweather
kingknockout
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 9 2010, 02:32 PM) *

you know how old he will be by the time he fights all of them and a FEW up and comers, give me a fucking break....this just goes to show you even after he beats shane its still not good enough.
kingknockout
simple question, and let's say if he win, will props be given? or does he have to fight 30 more guys in order to be able to get on your good list?
lloyd mayflower
Floyd is never short of props for his skills, he will also get props for a good win over a top WW for a change, but one swallow doesnt make a summer. If he goes back into retirement after this, he gains little respect. Another 3 decent names at least, Pac included, are necessary. With that being said, il always hate him as a person. Its just the way he is and the way I am. We dont mix.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 10 2010, 03:34 AM) *
I agree with everything you said in your post and it's a good post, but I personally don't think he could have been given any fight against Winky. Not a chance in hell. Off memory, the second fight was closer and I thought Mosley was very competitive and it was a close fight, but even that was a clear Winky win.

Correct, the Winkster clearly won both those fights and the 2nd was only close coz the dude decided he didn't have to put his hands up and ran around the ring with his damn chin out!! I like what the rest of Romulus had to post though.
AussieLad
The title of this thread doesnt match the intent of this thread

So yes, i will still hate floyd. The dude is a right fucking tool in every respect. He could fight a million mosely's, pacs, clottey's and cotto's... he would still be a tool

Will i give him respect. Sure. This is a great fight. One great fight after several years of fluff. One great fight where he will recieve kudos from me, but i will still take jabs at his career prior... simply because he deserves it. His resume at 140 and above is weak, but mosely is a big step in the right direction
STEVENSKI
Absolutely. There is nothing he could do to make me not hate him. It is not about skill or untapped ability it is about the fact that I feel he is a cunt.
JD
I think it is hilarious how some Floyd fans think he deserves a medal because he has decided to fight one of the top fighters at his weight.

Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 10 2010, 08:48 AM) *
I think it is hilarious how some Floyd fans think he deserves a medal because he has decided to fight one of the top fighters at his weight.

Yeah, that in itself says it all. His reputation will certainly receive a much needed boost among boxing fans, espacially in the dominant fashion I expect him to beat Mosley in, bu it's a shame that it took him a long time to finally take on one of the top contenders at welterweight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.