Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Valero vs. Bradley!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Provo209
There's been some talk about Edwin Valero fighting Tim Bradley,just wanted to see what's everyones thoughts on this fight if it gets made ! Me personally I think it would be a interesting fight . I hope this fight gets made
The CEO
My thoughts are that would be Career Suicide for him to move up and face a fighter like that....

Bradley would END Valero.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Feb 11 2010, 09:22 PM) *
There's been some talk about Edwin Valero fighting Tim Bradley,just wanted to see what's everyones thoughts on this fight if it gets made ! Me personally I think it would be a interesting fight . I hope this fight gets made

The matchup and everything is good for entertainment but I'd prefer Valero to stay at lightweight and not move up..I think he should try to dominate lightweight more before moving up in weight..There are still quite a few guys I would want to see him fight at lightweight before moving up..Funeka,Katsidis(would be a great battle),Guzman,and Reyes would all be fights I'd want to see before him moving up..

It would also be a real bad move to move up and fight Bradley right away..He'd definitely need to fight other guys before even thinking about Bradley at Jr Welter..
D-MARV
I second that CEO!

Valero would be ruined.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 11 2010, 10:02 PM) *
I second that CEO!

Valero would be ruined.

For sure..Valero needs better opponents before being thrown in with Bradley..Bradley is on a whole other level than what Valero is used to..
D-MARV
Valero Vs Soto is the fight Ive been wanting for a while now. Valero Vs Funeka would be interesting as well.
Romulus9
Horrible mismatch.

Bradley in a cakewalk.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 11 2010, 10:06 PM) *
Valero Vs Soto is the fight Ive been wanting for a while now. Valero Vs Funeka would be interesting as well.

I kinda think Funeka would be the best test for him right now..Funeka's jab would definitely cause problems for Valero I think..Funeka deserves more recognition in my opinion..He won the fight with Guzman with ease in my opinion but they robbed him of the W..
Spyder
Wrong fight, at the wrong time...at least right now. Both fighters need to gain a little more recognition before that fight could maximize its potential.

Bradley vs Khan or JMM would make more sense, with Valero fighting someone like Soto or Funeka. A couple more fights for each guy, and THEN make the move.

Oscar and Tito provided the blueprint for hyping a superfight between two undefeated guys...these guys just need to follow it.
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Feb 11 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Valero Soto would be nice.

Funeka would be a foot shorter when Valero got done with him.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Valero would brutally KO Funeka. I remember those over hand rights from Campbell that all but put him out. Valero would get inside and that KO would be vicious.

I don't think Bradley would ruin Valero either. He seems to be getting better with every fight, and honestly I thought he boxed better than most thought against DeMarco. No of course Bradley is on a different level, and he probably beats Valero. However, I don't see him putting on a vicious beating. He'd get hit with some shots, since he doesn't run too much, so we'd see how Valero could carry his power. He got DeMarco to be gun-shy in there, and if he could get Bradley to be weary of his power, it takes Bradley out of his fight plan. It would be an interesting fight if it got made. I think Valero should stay at lightweight for a couple more fights though, let this one build.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 11 2010, 09:48 PM) *
Valero Soto would be nice.

Funeka would be a foot shorter when Valero got done with him.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

The Funeka Monster's jab would slice Valero to pieces. Then he would bust Valero up.

TFM gets no respect.
Big Slim Sweet
I'd like to see Valero take a Nate Campbell test before getting any bigger ideas just yet.
d843
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Feb 11 2010, 08:22 PM) *
I got 2 words,ACTION PACKED!I really don't know who would win that fight!but if they were to fight tomorrow i'd have to go with bradley.We all know the BOB FATHER ain't going to be pushing for that fight anytime soon.Definitely canidate for fight of the year!
Provo209
I just wonder if Valeros power would be a factor if he moved up in weight! I think it could be a decent fight Valero looked a lot more patient in his last fight ,Bradley has skills to pick Valero apart but if he sat there and fought with him,what would happen ?

if Valero could beat Bradley then WHoA I think that would deffinitly show Valeros for real but I can see everyones points yeah Valero isn't just ready Yet! I think Valero vs Katsidis would be a WAR fight....
AussieLad
I'm not a big fan of fighters moving up divisions willy nilly, unless they have to

Valero doesnt have to move up. He should make the katsidis fight. If he wants to showcase himself in the USA, that is a brutal, exciting and probably short brawl right there. Valero wins by KO, but there is always the chance that katsidis lands something big. Kats isnt short on power either
Fitz
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Feb 13 2010, 12:20 PM) *
I'm not a big fan of fighters moving up divisions willy nilly, unless they have to

Valero doesnt have to move up. He should make the katsidis fight. If he wants to showcase himself in the USA, that is a brutal, exciting and probably short brawl right there. Valero wins by KO, but there is always the chance that katsidis lands something big. Kats isnt short on power either

Agreed. I am too getting sick and tired of fighters moving out of divisions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.