Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Khan vs Malignaggi...May 15th
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Maxy
Amir Khan has confirmed he'll box Paulie Malignaggi on May 15th. I'm disappointed as I wanted to see him in with Maidana and for me Malignaggi is the softer option.

Does anybody think Malignaggi can spring the upset? I can't see it myself but it'll be interesting to see if Amir has the power to stop the durable poof.
MarzB
I don't think Paulie winning will be an upset. I got Malignaggi all the way in a boxing exhibition.
ROLL DEEP
I don't mind about Khan taking Malignaggi - Khan is still young and is not in his prime and personally, I don't mind fighters taking their time and stepping up their competition bit by bit - so long as they fight regularly and don't take the piss.
Maxy
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 15 2010, 02:47 PM) *
I don't think Paulie winning will be an upset. I got Malignaggi all the way in a boxing exhibition.

Couldn't disagree more. I'll be shocked if Khan doesn't absolutely dominate in this bout. He's faster and he's improving all the time.

Can the feather fisted Malignaggi hurt Khan? Well Willie Limond did so why not? All the same I still see Khan thrashing him.
Snoop
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 15 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Couldn't disagree more. I'll be shocked if Khan doesn't absolutely dominate in this bout. He's faster and he's improving all the time.

Can the feather fisted Malignaggi hurt Khan? Well Willie Limond did so why not? All the same I still see Khan thrashing him.

Malignaggi doesn't necessarily have to hurt Khan to win. Paulie is actually a pretty solid boxer with some speed; he just gets ragged on cuz he has no power, a big mouth and a bad haircut. Otherwise, he's actually a decent contender.
Maxy
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 15 2010, 04:47 PM) *
Malignaggi doesn't necessarily have to hurt Khan to win. Paulie is actually a pretty solid boxer with some speed; he just gets ragged on cuz he has no power, a big mouth and a bad haircut. Otherwise, he's actually a decent contender.

I ain't disrespecting Malignaggi's boxing ability and granted, he's pretty quick himself. I honestly just think Khan will have too much for him.
Snoop
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 15 2010, 09:23 PM) *
I ain't disrespecting Malignaggi's boxing ability and granted, he's pretty quick himself. I honestly just think Khan will have too much for him.

Fair assessment. I wouldn't be surprised at either one of them winning to be honest.
Lil-lightsout
I see Khan beating Paulie in dominating fashion. Maybe I am underestimating Malinaggi, but I never thought much of him. But I will give him some credit for the things he has accomplished in the ring considering the extreme lack of power.
Fitz
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 16 2010, 05:34 AM) *
the durable poof.

Hahaha
lloyd mayflower
I dont like Khan one bit, but he is getting better and better, the move up in weight, coupled with the Roach factor are whats making the difference and I see Khan smashing Polly all over the ring. Polly doesnt have the power to make Khan respect him and its not like hes that hard to hit, Hatton managed it pretty well, and Khan is a lot faster than Hatton and his accuracy has improved significantly under the Roach. Give me Khan by Stoppage in less than 8. (Unfortunately)
Snoop
Quick question. Why is it that everyone hates Khan?
Lil-lightsout
Khan??? I hate Malignaggi.

But I think many dislike Khan because all his publicity and fame he gets even though he got KTFO in one round by Prescott. I think people see him as over hyped.
Maxy
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 15 2010, 06:30 PM) *
Quick question. Why is it that everyone hates Khan?

To be brutally frank, I'm not a fan because his hardcore asian fans will turn anybody off of him if you ever get to see them ringside.
ROLL DEEP
I think most people in the UK dislike him as he's similar to Hamed.....well, he's nothing like him, but in the eyes of the average 'Joe Public' in Britain, he's a Muslim who is a decent boxer and because Naz got on everyone's nerves, people are just tarring Khan with the same brush.

Couple that with having a slow starting career after people expected him to be a world champion in about 2 fights after the olympics (the British public are that stupid when it comes to boxing) and getting KO'd, signing with the arsehole Warren and running someone over, no-one seems to like him much.

Personally, I don't mind him.

I didn't expect him to race through the boxing ranks and can understand how he's different to Hamed.

I hope he does beat Paulie the Poof.
Snoop
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 15 2010, 10:36 PM) *
To be brutally frank, I'm not a fan because his hardcore asian fans will turn anybody off of him if you ever get to see them ringside.

laugh.gif

Sounds like the Pacquiao fans.

QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Feb 15 2010, 10:41 PM) *
I think most people in the UK dislike him as he's similar to Hamed.....well, he's nothing like him, but in the eyes of the average 'Joe Public' in Britain, he's a Muslim who is a decent boxer and because Naz got on everyone's nerves, people are just tarring Khan with the same brush.

Couple that with having a slow starting career after people expected him to be a world champion in about 2 fights after the olympics (the British public are that stupid when it comes to boxing) and getting KO'd, signing with the arsehole Warren and running someone over, no-one seems to like him much.

Personally, I don't mind him.

I didn't expect him to race through the boxing ranks and can understand how he's different to Hamed.

I hope he does beat Paulie the Poof.

Don't know much about his attitude, but his fighting style is completely different from Hamed's. Unfortunate fans can't separate one Muslim from another.

Did he really run someone over with a car though?
Mean Mister Mustard
Malignaggi is slick but he's not out of this world slick. If Herman Ngoudjo who is a solid boxer could arguably beat Malignaggi then I don't see why an Olympic Silver medalist couldn't.
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 15 2010, 06:01 PM) *
Malignaggi is slick but he's not out of this world slick. If Herman Ngoudjo who is a solid boxer could arguably beat Malignaggi then I don't see why an Olympic Silver medalist couldn't.

exactly I mean paulie got caught by slow ass Diaz!! mentioned his slick but not Very... I think Khan's handlers still doubt his chin I mean Khan was calling out Maidana and judah and his people but him no where near those two they were gonna hand him lightweight Marquez but after he shot it down guess they figured pillows paulie was the safest bet.
torvix2000
LOL!

questions... questions... questions...

Haven't you been reading lately guys? Malignaggi "accuses" KHAN of steroids. LOL! And KHAN is now GBP's fighter. And they're quiet about Malignaggi's "accusations". How about doing the "CLEAN THE SPORTS OF BOXING THINGY" and subject KHAN to drug testing.

Floydie... what a mess.
Snoop
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Feb 15 2010, 11:55 PM) *
LOL!

questions... questions... questions...

Haven't you been reading lately guys? Malignaggi "accuses" KHAN of steroids. LOL! And KHAN is now GBP's fighter. And they're quiet about Malignaggi's "accusations". How about doing the "CLEAN THE SPORTS OF BOXING THINGY" and subject KHAN to drug testing.

Floydie... what a mess.

Dude. I think you seriously have an unhealthy obsession. WTF does ANY of that have to do with what we're talking about in this thread.
Keith
I hate Paulie. He's a friggin joke.

The only person I want to see Paulie fight is Zab Judah.

That would be a entertaining match pitting 2 New York Cunts against each other.

Hittman25
i want amir khan to whoop the shit out of paulie....that fag is a track star wen it comes to fights he cant go toe to toe with ne one.....ko in 7 khan i want to see blood
lloyd mayflower
Personally I hate him because he is si full of himself at such a young age, as is often the case when someone is a superstar befroe even their first pro fight? (Hows that working out for you Fraudley Harrison?) And as I stated in the hate dump thread a couple of years or so back, for anyone so young and inexperienced to refer to oneself in the third person is unforgivable.

Also, how about claiming to be Ricky Hattons friend and saying you would never fight him, you watch your stable mate flatten him then claim that it has to happen for the British public. Who needs fucking enemies??
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Feb 16 2010, 12:26 PM) *
Personally I hate him because he is si full of himself at such a young age, as is often the case when someone is a superstar befroe even their first pro fight? (Hows that working out for you Fraudley Harrison?) And as I stated in the hate dump thread a couple of years or so back, for anyone so young and inexperienced to refer to oneself in the third person is unforgivable.

Also, how about claiming to be Ricky Hattons friend and saying you would never fight him, you watch your stable mate flatten him then claim that it has to happen for the British public. Who needs fucking enemies??

LOL he refers to himself in the first person? He thinks he's Roy Jones now?
SmartyBeardo
As annoying as his feather-duster fisted ass is, I've got to pull for the Sicilian American in this one.
mexi-cutioner
I think Khan will take him out in the later rounds, but Malignaggi's skill will allow him to keep it competitive throuhgout the early part of the fight. Paulie is fast, but Khan's speed and power is much more overwhelming than that of Paulie's (esp. speed). Khan will take him out in rounds 10-11 and win 8-3 rounds on the scorecard
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Feb 16 2010, 06:38 PM) *
LOL he refers to himself in the first person? He thinks he's Roy Jones now?

Hes been at that shit since he went pro. Its got worse recently tho, and also, if you read that story about him and Polly gettin at eachother on twitter recently, not only does he write the way he talks, which is annoying, but he talks, like most young asian brits, like he wants nothin more than to be a black american. It just gets right on my last nerve.
ChicagoBoxer
It's funny that all you guys call Paulie a "poof" and a "fag"...

I would love for one of you punks to meet him face to face and then wake up floored because you didn't see him knock the shit out of you...

He never "got taken" by Juan Diaz. He got taken by those coward ass judges who voted for their beloved hometown Mexican.

He came to Chicago and whooped on Diaz like he was nothing. Even had him stumbling around at one point. Unfortunately that caught Paulie off guard that he felt he should celebrate instead of finish the "baby Bull".

The Fact is, it is a toss up for who could win the Malignaggi v. Con (yes, Con), fight, but I think The Magic Man has the edge. He is a tough guy, stood toe to toe with a puncher like Hatton for 11 Rounds. Fought Cotto and lived to tell. Khan hasn't done any of that.

We will see who the victor is, and who will be whining on this site later on.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (ChicagoBoxer @ Feb 17 2010, 11:53 AM) *
It's funny that all you guys call Paulie a "poof" and a "fag"...

I would love for one of you punks to meet him face to face and then wake up floored because you didn't see him knock the shit out of you...

Seriously, Paulie could box circles around many/all of us, but NO WAY would he be "knocking the shit" out of anyone. I used to fight amateur for years and followed boxing for over 20 years, and this dude has no freaking power. In fact a pro I used to spar with back in the day fought Malignaggi when he was coming up. Of course Paulie won by decision, go figure.
ChicagoBoxer
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 17 2010, 11:35 AM) *
Seriously, Paulie could box circles around many/all of us, but NO WAY would he be "knocking the shit" out of anyone. I used to fight amateur for years and followed boxing for over 20 years, and this dude has no freaking power. In fact a pro I used to spar with back in the day fought Malignaggi when he was coming up. Of course Paulie won by decision, go figure.

Fair enough. I can't say that he would beat any chump out there. Especially someone with experience.

But 90% of the people on this board box at their local gym once a week and call themselves Roy Jones. Gets old pretty fast.

I'll admit right off the bat that I suck at boxing, and I will discredit a boxer for his attitude or his charisma, but I will be the last to call one a pussy for some reason when I know their jab could probably flatten me.

Much respect if you have experience in amateur or professional, you are 1000X the boxer I ever will be.
Maxy
I only called him a poof cos he looks like a bone fide shit stabber.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (ChicagoBoxer @ Feb 17 2010, 12:58 PM) *
Fair enough. I can't say that he would beat any chump out there. Especially someone with experience.

But 90% of the people on this board box at their local gym once a week and call themselves Roy Jones. Gets old pretty fast.

I'll admit right off the bat that I suck at boxing, and I will discredit a boxer for his attitude or his charisma, but I will be the last to call one a pussy for some reason when I know their jab could probably flatten me.

Much respect if you have experience in amateur or professional, you are 1000X the boxer I ever will be.

Paulie is that you? laugh.gif

Actually I think the feather fisted faggot could pull it off. He has fought a much higher level of comp than Khan, has fought way more title fights and has the experience factor. I think this is bad fight for Khan and it wouldn't surorise me to see him come undone.

IF however he blows through Paulie early then that will be making a big statement considering the likes of Cotto and Hatton couldn't achieve it.
ChicagoBoxer
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 17 2010, 03:25 PM) *
Paulie is that you? laugh.gif

Actually I think the feather fisted faggot could pull it off. He has fought a much higher level of comp than Khan, has fought way more title fights and has the experience factor. I think this is bad fight for Khan and it wouldn't surorise me to see him come undone.

IF however he blows through Paulie early then that will be making a big statement considering the likes of Cotto and Hatton couldn't achieve it.

Haha, nice one...

And yeah, if Con flies through Paulie, I will keep my mouth shut. But until then, I will continue to talk an unthreathening yet still satisfactory amount of shit...

P.S.- I don't know where "poof" came from, but it is a funny fuckin term for the ass pirates.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Maxy @ Feb 17 2010, 01:51 PM) *
I only called him a poof cos he looks like a bone fide shit stabber.

Thank you, Maxy. You just made my fuheckin day.
D-MARV
Perfect match up for Amir Khan.

To beat Khan you have to do one of two things... You have to apply relentless pressure or you have to have a helluva punch. Malignaggi has neither.
The CEO
Ahhhh....The British Bambi vs. Guido Pout'n'Gelli....yeah....don't give a shit.

Big Slim Sweet
If the fight's in NY then I like it, just cause HBO will no doubt air clips of Hamed-Kelly as part of the build-up. And THAT was a hell of a fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Feb 17 2010, 10:49 PM) *
If the fight's in NY then I like it, just cause HBO will no doubt air clips of Hamed-Kelly as part of the build-up. And THAT was a hell of a fight.

Thanks for reminding me, that was a HELL of a fight, loved every minute (except the end.) YouTube here I come.
Maxy
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 17 2010, 11:17 PM) *
Ahhhh....The British Bambi vs. Guido Pout'n'Gelli....yeah....don't give a shit.

Genuinely no interest whatsoever?

Even if Bambi flattens Guido?

You obviously know that would be another ..ahem...Brit beating a yank yeah?

laugh.gif
PR316
Weights... Khan- 139.5 Malignaggi- 139..

Riot broke out at the weigh in after Khan shoved Paulie. This could be interesting because Paulie is clearly in the head of Khan. Wonder how it'll play out in the fight.
thehype
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 14 2010, 03:31 PM) *

Riot broke out at the weigh in after Khan shoved Paulie. This could be interesting because Paulie is clearly in the head of Khan. Wonder how it'll play out in the fight.

I'm ridin' with Paulie!

USA! USA! USA!
Maxy
Khan clear decision, possibly a late stoppage.

Ain't no Brit love here though. Just my prediction.
JD
I am real comfortable rolling with Khan in this one.
TRU
Paulie was ruined by Cotto as Mosley was ruined by Forrest.

Khan needs to get close and let the lead right hands fly following them with left hooks downstairs.

At one point, Malignaggi looked to be somewhat comfortable on the inside... those days are long gone.
KookedKrack
Paulie's toughness is underrated ......Khan is another protected Euro fighter the minute he gets in with someone who can crack he is going to sleep.
Snoop
QUOTE (PR316 @ May 14 2010, 07:31 PM) *

Pre-fight brawls are so fucking pointless. I mean whaddya trying to do to the other guy? Punch him?
Hops
Malignaggi is so shot he doesn't have a 0.001% here.
Jack 1000
Paulie by awkward SD in a fight that may be influenced by hometown judges. The New York crowd will favor Malinaggi:

116-112 Malinaggi

115-113 Khan

115-113 Malinaggi

Jack
JLUVBABY
andre dirrell just picked paulie mall. on espn2 friday night fights...
JLUVBABY
i'm pulling for paulie strong tomorrow night...
gods son
I want Kinky Khan to win..
I think he will pull off a good win!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.