Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chris Arreola - Tomasz Adamek April 24th?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
Arreola vs. Adamek

I think this should be a good one. Not really sure who I think would pull it off. Not looking for this one to go to the card but both are pretty tough and durable dudes. I wonder what kind of shape will Chris be in for this fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Adamek should win this. He looks like a comer at HW.
STEVENSKI
Adamek is a quality fighter. Just look at both his fights with Briggs to see how fucking tough he is.
AussieLad
Arreola by ko
Douchebag
Cris is going to beat his ass. Adamek aint big enough at heavy.
BigG
adamek by decision!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Feb 16 2010, 02:51 AM) *
Arreola vs. Adamek

I think this should be a good one. Not really sure who I think would pull it off. Not looking for this one to go to the card but both are pretty tough and durable dudes. I wonder what kind of shape will Chris be in for this fight.

What the fuck kind of shape you expect this lazy, taco eating, no running slob to be in? I can guarantee you he will be just as fat as all his previous fights. If this clown could not get into shape for his biggest fight of his life(Vitali), it ain't ever happening. And what is really sad is he is a young pup in the fight game, I would expect it more from older seasoned fighters that lose there edge. Not a up and comer.

As for the fight, it should be a competative scrap which I would favor Adamek to win a decision. But I would not count out a KO for Butterball if Adamek can not take his punches well. We just need to see how Adamek takes a heavyweight's punch(did not see his fight with Estrada).
oozemcbuck
I expected adamek to ko estrada, but estrada's speed was a bit of a problem for adamek. not a problem vs arreola. adamek should outbox the hell outta the slower arreola. can't really tell how good a chin adamek has at heavy, seeing that estrada couldn't hurt a fly with his best punch. but it will get tested vs chris. adamek by UD. (maybe SD if they fight in cali)
Mean Mister Mustard
Arreola is heavy handed and you can see how his punches move guys around the ring like rag dolls. I don't like his technique though. I'm talking about the way he throws that awkward right hand of his, leaving himself open to a counter and also we know his defense is mediocre at best. Adamek can throw straight shots down the middle all night. The question is if Adamek can take Arreola's attack and can he hurt Arreola?
Big Slim Sweet
I expect Adamek to beat the hell out of Arreola for 12 rounds.
JLUVBABY
hard fight for me to choose... reason being aareola looked bad or off in his last fight in my opinion and im not sold on adamek off a faded golota and estrada... no matter the shape areola shows up in if adamek can go out and treat him like an out of shape fighter he umps the line as a contender a nice peice.. top 5 in my opinion for sure...
SmartyBeardo
Arreola just pisses me off. Half my age (and punch), outta shape bouncer is a player in the heavyweight division. Can't stop gorging the pozole and Tecates long enough to stop jiggling in the ring with a Klit.

This shapes up similarly to Martinez v Pavlik. Adamek will out box him and might even hurt him once or twice, then Gordo will knock him out.
Provo209
Chris Arreola is a Bum."Garbage" that just shows that the heavyweight division is weak.
kidbazooka1
I see Arreola stopping Adamek late in the fight after being behind on the cards.
Romulus9
Adamek wins on points.

Arreola cries afterward.
Thegreatequalizer
i think this is a great match-up. it'll definitely be a fight. chris has a chance to knock adamek out in the first couple of rounds if he comes out aggressive enough. if not, i think adamek will get stronger throughout the fight and arreola will fade to a decision loss or possibly a late tko if he's not in good enough shape.
Douchebag
Adamek is way too hittable to be in there with a guy that hits as hard as Arreola. Adamek got a gift against Estrada, and is lucky Jason isn't a puncher. Adamek is a sucker for the straight right hand and you can't fight that way as heavy for to long before someone puts you to sleep.
MarzB
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 16 2010, 11:29 PM) *
Arreola just pisses me off. Half my age (and punch), outta shape bouncer is a player in the heavyweight division. Can't stop gorging the pozole and Tecates long enough to stop jiggling in the ring with a Klit.

This shapes up similarly to Martinez v Pavlik. Adamek will out box him and might even hurt him once or twice, then Gordo will knock him out.

There it is. Adamek is stepping into Visaly Jirov territory if you ask me. Good boxer with good skills that when he went up to heavyweight just didn't have enough mustard on their punches to bother the bigger guys and thus their skills erode.

I heard some not so great things about Adamek in that Estrada fight. That said, I think very little of TittyRola who as described above is so fuckin unprofessional that he can't get serious about the profession that earns him his living. How hard is it to say, "you know what? I got a fight coming up, let me put down the brews and good Mexican eatins for a bit".

I mean even Fernando Vargas would show up to the bulk of his fights in shape,lol. If "HE" could should some discipline surely Chris could.

That said, Adamek by decision. Too much activity and too much of a bread basket for him to aim at against Arreola.
lloyd mayflower
I really hope Adamek bitch slaps that fat cunt all over the ring, and I hope he has time to make several hurtful, weight-related jibes in the process, there is no excuse for a professional athlete, whose only job (and a well paid one at that), is to stay fit in order that you dont get your head punched in. He had his chance against Vitali and done the same as all the rest. Fuck all.

Adamek to send a clear message to the rest of the heavyweight bums. Familiarise yourself with cardiovascular activity or get brutally knocked out.
JonnyBlaze
I'm picking Adamek in this fight..He's a tough ass dude..
1zz
I like Adamek and I am rooting for him to win HOWEVER having a beard at LHW or CW doesn't equal one in the HW division.

He has to be on his toes or he will find out the hard way that Chris is fat,sloppy and can punch like a real HW.

Remember even light punching HW Jason Estrada even managed to stun him a few times.
Jack 1000
Adamek TKO 10.

Arreola just isn't that good. Kudos for him taking on the tough Adamek. Although I would still pick against "Nipples" if he got in condition, his history says he'll really try in there, but eat his way out of any chance to win with progressively failing stamina as the rounds go by.

Jack
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (1zz @ Feb 20 2010, 11:20 AM) *
I like Adamek and I am rooting for him to win HOWEVER having a beard at LHW or CW doesn't equal one in the HW division.

He has to be on his toes or he will find out the hard way that Chris is fat,sloppy and can punch like a real HW.

Remember even light punching HW Jason Estrada even managed to stun him a few times.

Who's that old dude in your sig(not Rick Flair)??Hes a beast..hahaha.
King Eugene
I dont think Arreola's stamina should be in question here. I may have missed something but I've never seen him gassed or atleast to the point where his punches don't have any more pop. Hell in the Klit fight he was still coming on strong before it got stopped but was just taking too much punishment in the process. Should be a good one.
Maxy
Adamek is the more skilled fighter and for a while his boxing and moving tactics will have some success but his work rate has to be called into question. Estrada managed to make some of the rounds very close with his crude tactics and this was because Adamek couldn't put a dent in him at all. He had some problems with Estrada but he will have a shed load more against Arreola. I think Chris gets to him late with a come from behind KO.
JLUVBABY
what really bothers me bout aareola is he too way too many punches from a fighter like brian minto... in a better division minto would be a journeyman fighter... he is not very good... minto got to areola with ease... if adamek has enough sting in his punch to even as much as get areolas attention he will win the fight... as much as id like to say chris wins this IF adamek can get chriss atention with his punches he has a much better skill level... def better than minto and wont make the mistakes that minto made... the more i think about this chris will have to do a lot of damage early to really hurt adamek and hopefully get him out of there cuzz if adamek gets into a rythem this fight is all but over unless chris can catch him and blast him out... but i expect adamek to have chris pretty well busted up late in the fight en route to a late tko or ud...
BGv2.0
I think Arreola gets him out via a surprise KO bomb after losing much of the fight.

Estrada was able to land punches that had an effect on Adamek....which says a LOT about how he will handle punches from arreola.

Also....for those choosing a KO or TKO by Adamek...based on what?

He beat up an ultra-old Golota and could not put away Estrada.....knowing the beard Arreola displayed against Vitali....I see no way Adamek puts him away.
JLUVBABY
[quote name='BGv2.0' date='Mar 1 2010, 05:28 PM' post='474722']
I think Arreola gets him out via a surprise KO bomb after losing much of the fight.

Estrada was able to land punches that had an effect on Adamek....which says a LOT about how he will handle punches from arreola.

Also....for those choosing a KO or TKO by Adamek...based on what?

He beat up an ultra-old Golota and could not put away Estrada.....knowing the beard Arreola displayed against Vitali....I see no way Adamek puts him away.
[/quote

good post this is very true...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.