Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Murad Muhammad pieces by Percy
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MarzB
Having read some of the comments underneath each article I can sort of see how this thread will go. Regardless, good job Percy because regardless of what anyone thinks about Murad, you can't deny that this is very informative and educational.

I had no idea (and I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable about boxing history) he was behind that prison boxing series I used to watch those ALL the time with my father. Also he was a fixture in Larry Holmes getting on NBC back in the day. I definitely recall those also. I personally became aware of Muhammad with his involvement with Razor Ruddock.

I'm glad he's offering HIS perspective on the Manny Pacquiao thing. There's three sides to every story IMO. His side, their side and the truth. What he says sounds very believable especially regarding that piece of excrement Larry Merchant who's crush on Manny is well documented.

Back to Muhammad, you can't argue how he was able to wiggle through KING & Arum and still have some HUGE fights. Whether it was facing his men against their men or knowing how to showcase his talent on their talents undercards.

Again great piece of undocumented history, good job FightHype.
d843
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 17 2010, 11:18 AM) *
Having read some of the comments underneath each article I can sort of see how this thread will go. Regardless, good job Percy because regardless of what anyone thinks about Murad, you can't deny that this is very informative and educational.

I had no idea (and I consider myself to be pretty knowledgeable about boxing history) he was behind that prison boxing series I used to watch those ALL the time with my father. Also he was a fixture in Larry Holmes getting on NBC back in the day. I definitely recall those also. I personally became aware of Muhammad with his involvement with Razor Ruddock.

I'm glad he's offering HIS perspective on the Manny Pacquiao thing. There's three sides to every story IMO. His side, their side and the truth. What he says sounds very believable especially regarding that piece of excrement Larry Merchant who's crush on Manny is well documented.

Back to Muhammad, you can't argue how he was able to wiggle through KING & Arum and still have some HUGE fights. Whether it was facing his men against their men or knowing how to showcase his talent on their talents undercards.

Again great piece of undocumented history, good job FightHype.
WOW!I never knew Mr.Muhammad was that deep into the boxing game.My 1st first time really noticeing him was the 1st razor ruddock/tyson fight,which happens to be one of my favorite heavy fights to watch to this very day!I loved it when tyson says "HE PUNCHES LIKE A FUCKING MULE KICK"but anyway,VERY GOOD WORK PERCY!
thehype
I was wondering when somebody was FINALLY going to start a thread about those pieces.

laugh.gif

Whether you like him or not, Murad Muhammad is a part of boxing history and some of the stories he's telling are very interesting. I can only imagine the kind of stories he has from his time with Muhammad Ali.

Expect much more to come about Manny Pacquiao.
King Eugene
Didn't know Percy was a black dude. I know it doesn't mean shit but was still surprising.

Very interesting reads though by the way. Kind of make Arum seem like a snake. I'd like to hear some of Arum's responses to some of this. This isn't my first time hearing about good ol Lou though. He seems real suspect. I can understand why he dropped JT though. This doesn't help Manny's teams image though and that damn Roach.... I swear I tell ya. laugh.gif
MarzB
Kind of make Arum seem like a snake.

Kind of,lol?? Man Arum's IS arguably a bigger snake than his colleague Don King ever was/is. He just has the media more in his pocket. This goes back to how he low balled Ali and Foreman with $300K when they each got $5 million. Thats just one of many stories.

Sure he'll tell you that he highlighted (for example) Duran when DK tossed him out because he thought he was damaged goods (for example). At the same time he's key in creating the decline of boxing in the mainstream today with his singular focus on Latin/Hispanic boxers.
King Eugene
Learn something new everyday. I just sat here at work and read all 12 articles. Kind of pissed cause I gotta wait on 13 laugh.gif Put all them shits out at the same time you "African American with a nice website who writes on his own!" laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 18 2010, 02:21 AM) *
The responses of Manny Sue's HeShe army to the Murad Muhammed series are enough to make me consider asking for permission to board the Pontoon.

Hell yes. Once he starts dropping the dirt on that Filipina diva, we expect applications to rise exponentially.
jlupi
Picture a tranny army, all facing away from Manny Sue's training camp>>>>

I swear to god I think this board has more and more 13 year olds who are prob still prim WWE fans
jlupi
am pulling for Mosley over PBF. That does not change the FACT that Manny Sue ducked Floyd.
>>>>

1. wwe- world wrestling entertainment, the manny sues and the fagweathers give away the age (at least thats the best case scenario)
2. and for the last time 10 days was their disagreement if either side REALLY WANTED THIS FIGHT at this time it would be done. The legitimacy of doing the tests or not can be argued both ways and lord knows it has, but it still comes down to a 10 day disparity.
jlupi
the Murad interviews are interesting. certainly better than hearing him in person, I usually dont have a clue what he is talking about
pcraw
Sorry I have been out of the loop guys. But I appreciate the love on the Murad articles. I'm glad you guys are enjoying them. It's definitely more where that came from!
pcraw
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Feb 18 2010, 02:47 AM) *
Didn't know Percy was a black dude. I know it doesn't mean shit but was still surprising.

Very interesting reads though by the way. Kind of make Arum seem like a snake. I'd like to hear some of Arum's responses to some of this. This isn't my first time hearing about good ol Lou though. He seems real suspect. I can understand why he dropped JT though. This doesn't help Manny's teams image though and that damn Roach.... I swear I tell ya. laugh.gif

Yep King I am black. Lol!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.