Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC Champs
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
lloyd mayflower
Although I dont follow UFC as much as I used to, myself and a mate at work were discussing the other day, how the champions in each division seem to be so far ahead of everyone else. Penn, GSP and Silva are completely dominant in their respective divisions, and altho i consider Machida and Lesnar to be slightly weaker than the first 3, but they still have to be beaten, and im left scratching my head as to who will do it (Although I am aware Warlord is convinced its already been done by Shogun).

The best I can offer is that I think Anderson could beat Machida, nbt since they wont fight eachother, where is the end of the current dominance of the divisions going to come from?

Thoughts???
Megadeth
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Feb 17 2010, 11:52 AM) *
Although I dont follow UFC as much as I used to, myself and a mate at work were discussing the other day, how the champions in each division seem to be so far ahead of everyone else. Penn, GSP and Silva are completely dominant in their respective divisions, and altho i consider Machida and Lesnar to be slightly weaker than the first 3, but they still have to be beaten, and im left scratching my head as to who will do it (Although I am aware Warlord is convinced its already been done by Shogun).

The best I can offer is that I think Anderson could beat Machida, nbt since they wont fight eachother, where is the end of the current dominance of the divisions going to come from?

Thoughts???

I think Brock is going to lose this time around to Frank Mir. Frank has put on alot of muscle which should help him overcome the huge disadvantage he has had in the past against Brock.

Lyoto already lost and should lose his rematch.

I have seen silva vulnerable one the ground and was looking forward to the rematch with Nate, but he lost to Chael which was a big surprise to me.

GSP and Penn i think will be dominant for a little while longer, but the other 3 i think we will see a loss this year.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Megadeth @ Feb 17 2010, 12:11 PM) *
I think Brock is going to lose this time around to Frank Mir. Frank has put on alot of muscle which should help him overcome the huge disadvantage he has had in the past against Brock.

Lyoto already lost and should lose his rematch.

I have seen silva vulnerable one the ground and was looking forward to the rematch with Nate, but he lost to Chael which was a big surprise to me.

GSP and Penn i think will be dominant for a little while longer, but the other 3 i think we will see a loss this year.

I haven't seen Silva vulnerable on the ground in a LONG time.
lloyd mayflower
Im surprised you say Silva will suffer a loss Megadeth. I watched Marquardts last fight, he got dominated.
Warlord
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Feb 17 2010, 12:52 PM) *

Thoughts???

EVERYONE is convinced that Machida has already lost, lol. laugh.gif Dana White himself went on record immediately after the fight talking about what a huge robbery that was. That's why he gave Shogun the winner's bonus that night ($250,000.)

I won't waste too much time breaking this shit down, but to address your questions:

Brock Lesnar: Will lose to Big Nog if Nog can get by Cain. (Which he should. Cain has pillow hands.) Lesnar must also see Mir again, and there are no guaranatees there, especially since Mir put on that extra weight and improved his stand-up. If Lesnar gets by those guys, he's still got unfinished business with Shane Carwin, whose gonna bust him up bad should they ever meet.

Lyoto Machida: He's already lost, his record just doesn't show it. Machida's weakness has been exposed. That gay-ass karate stance of his leaves him wide open for leg kicks. That will never be rectified, because Machida will never change his stance. He can't fight going forward, he can't fight going backwards once his legs have been taken out. Machida drinks his own piss every morning, and it still won't help. Maybe he should drink Shogun's piss instead.

Anderson Silva: Probably the most nut-hugged fighter on the planet today. There's no one at middleweight who should be given odds over Silva, however, that much is true. At 205 Shogun and Lil Nog would give him all kinds of trouble, the kind he don't want. That's why those fights will never happen.

GSP: Same boat as Silva. If he steps up in weight, he'll find that ass-whooping he's looking for. If not, he'll reign for awhile.

BJ Penn: No one in the UFC can beat BJ Penn at lightweight. Period.

To finish, there are plenty of fighters in the world that can give Lesnar, Machida, and Silva hell; but most of them aren't in the UFC. Fedor, Overeem, Mousassi, and Diaz all come to mind right off the bat. Too bad we won't see most (any?) of them in the UFC anytime soon.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Feb 17 2010, 01:14 PM) *
I haven't seen Silva vulnerable on the ground in a LONG time.

Maybe you been spending too much time watching "Nick Sanchez" fight. laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
Thakns for the breakdown Warlord, thats kinda what i was lookin for cos i dont know too much about the non UFC guys, apart from Fedor. I must say, I quite like Silva, but GSP is my favourite, his dedication to the job is admirable. I also like Penn a lot more since recently rewatching TUF 5. His cause was probably helped by the fact that Jens Pulver was a bit of a knob
AussieLad
Should be interesting to see if Carwin can get past Mir.

Mir has put on alot of weight, but i think that there will still be a considerable strength and power advantage for Carwin. Franks striking is technically better than both Carwins and Lesnars, so Carwin will need to take a leaf out of Lesnars book and maul Frank on the ground. Its the perfect match for Mir given the similarities carwin has with lesnar. Personally, i hope Carwin wins, because he would make a very interesting opponent for Brock. I would take Carwin over Brock by KO as i feel their wrestling cancels the others out, and so it will come down to boxing at which Carwin is superior. But something tells me Carwin comes unstuck vs Mir and we are forced to see the Lesnar vs Mir trilogy

I am tipping Velasquez to beat Nog. Whilst i agree with Warlord that Velasquez hasnt got the power to beat Nog in a stand up fight, i think as ever it will come down to where the fight takes place, on the ground or standing. What i see is Velasquez taking Nog down and mauling him with many strikes. It will be a razors edge type of fight, where Nog is constantly threatening submissions, and Velasquez escaping them by the skin of his teeth only to keep raining down the punches for a decision win.

I was pretty shocked to see Marquardt get dominated vs Chael Sonnen. Nate has a better chance vs Silva than Chael does IMO, but man he got dominated on the ground. The guy that i think has the best chance vs Silva is Vitor Belfort. Serious power with lightning fast hands, and a solid JJ skillset. But he is having surgery, so will have to wait.

No-one beats GSP or Penn at this stage. Both are far too dominant in their respective divisions
lloyd mayflower
Well I guess I got my answer tonight. Surprised this one slipped under the radar. BJ Penn lost to Frank Edgar at UFC 112 tonight. Anderson won UD but stunk the place up and got booed from round 3 onward. Matt Hughes stopped Renzo Gracie. Thats all I seen
AussieLad
Pretty happy that Carwin destroyed Mir. Carwin is going to put a beating on Lesnar. He made Mir look easy. I guess i was so excited about the prospect of Lesnar vs carwin that i thought something had to come along and derail it. So i figured Mir would somehow get the win, just to piss me off. I let out a scream and then yelled "fuck him up" when Carwin dropped mir against the cage. My 2 year old son was asleep at the time, and i slapped myseilf for yelling, but it just slipped out... LOL.

Anderson is going to get a talking too i tell ya, by dana white who will be pissed.... I really think he needs to fight Vitor Belfort before fighting GSP. Vitor has the speed and the power to beat Silva. The dude has machine guns for hands. He's the only guy at the weight capable of beating silva
AussieLad
Old dana doesnt mince his words. He said he has never been more embarassed in his 10 years doing this, and that he has never walked out on a main event title fight before, handing the belt to the guys manager and saying "you give him the belt". Said it was a historic event, and to end it the way that it did was an embarassment, and said "we will make it up to the fans that bought this shit tonight"...

Swift kick up the arse coming andersons way soon.... LOL

Anderson in the post fight interview offered alot of horse shit afterwoods, blaming Maia for disrespecting him with words. Basically he just offered alot of crap as an excuse, saying the oppurtunity never presented itself to finish the fight. Obviously, he never gave himself the oppurtunity because he ran away for 3 rounds in a fucking abysmal display
lloyd mayflower
Yep, what the fuck was all that I dont know what came over me bullshit? This isnt the first time Anderson has short changed the fans. Everytime it happens he shouts and screams at the other guy blamin them, waving them in etc. Why the fuck doesnt the supossed P4P best find a way to engage? If its happening this regularly, sorry Anderson, but it cant ALWAYS be the other guys fault. It takes 2, and you are consistantly one of them
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 18 2010, 10:02 AM) *
BJ Penn: No one in the UFC can beat BJ Penn at lightweight. Period.

Well looks like that no one was Frankie.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 18 2010, 05:04 AM) *
Maybe you been spending too much time watching "Nick Sanchez" fight. laugh.gif

:Yawn, see post above.
Warlord
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 12 2010, 04:50 AM) *
Well looks like that no one was Frankie.

Indeed. laugh.gif If BJ can't get motivated to fight at 155 anymore, he needs to move up. His loss to Edgar was a typical BJ loss.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Apr 13 2010, 07:32 AM) *
:Yawn, see post above.

At least I get the fucking fighters' names right, lol. You're talking about dudes that don't even fucking exist.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 14 2010, 12:50 AM) *
At least I get the fucking fighters' names right, lol. You're talking about dudes that don't even fucking exist.

Oh, you're such a woman about this shit. So, I got two itty bitty mexicans mixed up........big deal.
RyanTical
BJ Penn Frankie Edgar won, however, I still gave BJ three of the five rounds. I still find that beating the champ to be the champ holds no water in the UFC.

GSP As soon as the UFC puts him in the cage against someone with some substance, it will happen. *coughs* Anderson Silva.

Anderson Silva No one, but himself and Father Time.

Lyoto Machida Shogun Rua shows promise, he may end up doing it a 2nd time. Rogeiro or Anderson, but neither of them will fight their own bretheren.

Brock Lesnar I give Carwin a slight chance of beating Lesnar, but due to height restrictions and Brock's speed and agility for his size just dwarfs anything Carwin can bring to the table, short of a lucky TKO.
Warlord
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 14 2010, 06:34 PM) *
BJ Penn Frankie Edgar won, however, I still gave BJ three of the five rounds. I still find that beating the champ to be the champ holds no water in the UFC.

Lyoto Machida and Shogun Rua would disagree.

GSP As soon as the UFC puts him in the cage against someone with some substance, it will happen. *coughs* Anderson Silva.

GSP would be fighting above his own weight-class in that fight.

Anderson Silva No one, but himself and Father Time.

Hyperbole. Shogun Rua takes Anderson down and mauls him on the ground. I think you should do back and watch some old Pride fights to get a better picture of Shogun Rua, and Anderson Silva.

Lyoto Machida Shogun Rua shows promise

laugh.gif Really? laugh.gif He's done more, and has a better track record than, Lyoto Machida. Again, check out some old Pride shit. I think SpikeTV is airing their "Best of..." series in order to help new fans get up to speed.

Brock Lesnar I give Carwin a slight chance of beating Lesnar, but due to height restrictions and Brock's speed and agility for his size just dwarfs anything Carwin can bring to the table, short of a lucky TKO.

I expect Carwin to win that fight. His stand-up is superior, and he has a good ground-game as well. It sounds as if you've bought the UFC hype machine. Don't.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Apr 14 2010, 05:59 AM) *
Oh, you're such a woman about this shit. So, I got two itty bitty mexicans mixed up........big deal.

I'm a woman, yet you're the dumb mother-fucker who comes on here to respond to a month old post of mine with a "na nana boo boo" response. Yeah? But remember 2 things.

1.) No one in hell gave Frankie Edgar a chance of beating BJ Penn, most especially your lame ass. So don't come in here after the fact as if though you suddenly had a right to speak on the subject. You don't. Hind-sight doesn't make you an expert, moron.

2.) Any real fan of MMA knows who the fuck Nick Diaz is, okay? Its posers like you who come in shitting names like Silva and Lesnar out of they're mouths, thinking their fucking experts and shit. Do me a favor, slick. Get your shit up to speed before you open your fucking mouth. And until you do, you sit in the fucking corner and close your fucking mouth, and let grown folks do the talking. Wakarimasu ka?
The CEO
Warlord
QUOTE (The CEO @ Apr 14 2010, 08:37 PM) *

laugh.gif That's the greatest thing I've ever seen.
Douchebag
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 14 2010, 09:35 PM) *
I'm a woman, yet you're the dumb mother-fucker who comes on here to respond to a month old post of mine with a "na nana boo boo" response. Yeah? But remember 2 things.

1.) No one in hell gave Frankie Edgar a chance of beating BJ Penn, most especially your lame ass. So don't come in here after the fact as if though you suddenly had a right to speak on the subject. You don't. Hind-sight doesn't make you an expert, moron.

2.) Any real fan of MMA knows who the fuck Nick Diaz is, okay? Its posers like you who come in shitting names like Silva and Lesnar out of they're mouths, thinking their fucking experts and shit. Do me a favor, slick. Get your shit up to speed before you open your fucking mouth. And until you do, you sit in the fucking corner and close your fucking mouth, and let grown folks do the talking. Wakarimasu ka?

I could just see you popping gum, snapping your fingers and twisting your neck as typed this up. I guess you really told me, huh! rolleyes_anim.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Apr 15 2010, 06:55 AM) *
I could just see you popping gum, snapping your fingers and twisting your neck as typed this up. I guess you really told me, huh! rolleyes_anim.gif

The fact that you can admit to actually sitting around trying to visualize me typing responses is another testament to your gayness.
TheWhiteBuffalo
Anyone else demand an immediate Brock Lesner vs Tank Abbott bout?
Douchebag
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 17 2010, 05:12 AM) *
I could seriously edit this shit and put it in my sig, but I'm just to damn grown for that........

What a very impotent response.
Warlord
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Apr 18 2010, 12:05 AM) *
What a very impotent response.

You quoted me wrong, honey. laugh.gif But it's funny that of all the words your ignorant ass has misspelled, you got "impotent" right. I guess it's just fate.
RyanTical
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 14 2010, 06:27 PM) *
Lyoto Machida and Shogun Rua would disagree.

GSP would be fighting above his own weight-class in that fight.

Hyperbole. Shogun Rua takes Anderson down and mauls him on the ground. I think you should do back and watch some old Pride fights to get a better picture of Shogun Rua, and Anderson Silva.

laugh.gif Really? laugh.gif He's done more, and has a better track record than, Lyoto Machida. Again, check out some old Pride shit. I think SpikeTV is airing their "Best of..." series in order to help new fans get up to speed.

I expect Carwin to win that fight. His stand-up is superior, and he has a good ground-game as well. It sounds as if you've bought the UFC hype machine. Don't.

1. Well, I thought Lyoto beat Shogun. To each their own. Griffin defeated Rampage BECAUSE OF leg kicks. If Shogun defeating Lyoto on solely leg kicks is your argument then I suggest the UFC give Rampage his belt back so we can start over.

2. And no, Anderson said he would take the trip down to 170 to challenge GSP. GSP fighting at 185 is too much for a guy like him. He's bigger than most Welters, yet too small for Middles. It's already been made mention.

3. Anderson would decimate any fighter coming in at him watch any of his UFC fights as proof. Shogun is no exception, neither is Vitor. And if you want to use PRIDE fights as your only evidence then I suggest you consider the essence of time. Look at where Shogun was in PRIDE to where he was when he fought in the UFC his first time and how long it took him to get back to his winning ways. Case closed. And the Anderson of PRIDE paled in comparison to the Brazilian wrecking machine we know of today. You're trying to tell me Ryo Chonan could catch him in that same Scissor-inverted Heel Hook he did back in the day; now? HA! ...Plus many could make the argument that Shogun was juicing in PRIDE as well as most of his fights were fixed.

4. True, Carwin's stand-up is superior, but Carwin has been rocked in the past nor has he ever been taken down by a man of Lesnar size and/or agility. Will Carwin pull a Frank Mir win on Lesnar? ...Possibly, but it's highly unlikely. And nobody is buying the UFC hype machine, I am buying that Lesnar is beyond any MMA heavyweight than we've seen next to Fedor Emelianenko and Alistair Overeem. I say Overeem because the man's stand-up is beastly, not Ray Sefo beastly, but pretty damn beastly for MMA standards.
Warlord
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 20 2010, 04:41 AM) *
1. Well, I thought Lyoto beat Shogun. To each their own. Griffin defeated Rampage BECAUSE OF leg kicks. If Shogun defeating Lyoto on solely leg kicks is your argument then I suggest the UFC give Rampage his belt back so we can start over.

Your argument makes no sense. Griffin beat Rampage with leg kicks to win the title. Shogun earned his victory in a much clearer fashion. Which rounds, pray tell, did you give Lyoto?

Nearly every fan, every fighter, and every major news outlet, in addition to most experts on the sport, ALL gave Shogun the victory. Dana White HIMSELF said Shogun won that fight. But yeah, a few nuthuggers suddenly know this sport better. Right.

2. And no, Anderson said he would take the trip down to 170 to challenge GSP. GSP fighting at 185 is too much for a guy like him. He's bigger than most Welters, yet too small for Middles. It's already been made mention.

By Silva himself, who is full of shit. He'll never drop down to fight GSP, and he's a coward if he does. Real fighters move up in weight when they want a challenge, not down.

3. Anderson would decimate any fighter coming in at him watch any of his UFC fights as proof.

He's fought cans, with the exception of MAYBE Dan Henderson, though Hendo was 812 years old when he fought Silva.

Shogun is no exception, neither is Vitor. And if you want to use PRIDE fights as your only evidence then I suggest you consider the essence of time. Look at where Shogun was in PRIDE to where he was when he fought in the UFC his first time and how long it took him to get back to his winning ways. Case closed. And the Anderson of PRIDE paled in comparison to the Brazilian wrecking machine we know of today. You're trying to tell me Ryo Chonan could catch him in that same Scissor-inverted Heel Hook he did back in the day; now? HA! ...Plus many could make the argument that Shogun was juicing in PRIDE as well as most of his fights were fixed.

Shogun's never tested positive for steroids, so unless you've got any proof, its just you shitting out your mouth like a typical TUF noob. And what fight, pray tell, would you even SUSPECT of being fixed? You're a fucking joke.

4. True, Carwin's stand-up is superior, but Carwin has been rocked in the past nor has he ever been taken down by a man of Lesnar size and/or agility. Will Carwin pull a Frank Mir win on Lesnar? ...Possibly, but it's highly unlikely. And nobody is buying the UFC hype machine, I am buying that Lesnar is beyond any MMA heavyweight than we've seen next to Fedor Emelianenko and Alistair Overeem. I say Overeem because the man's stand-up is beastly, not Ray Sefo beastly, but pretty damn beastly for MMA standards.

We'll see how "beyond any MMA heavyweight" Lesnar is after he faces Carwin.

A prime Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira would've murdered Crock Lesnar.
RyanTical
QUOTE (Warlord @ Apr 20 2010, 07:21 PM) *
Your argument makes no sense. Griffin beat Rampage with leg kicks to win the title. Shogun earned his victory in a much clearer fashion. Which rounds, pray tell, did you give Lyoto?

Nearly every fan, every fighter, and every major news outlet, in addition to most experts on the sport, ALL gave Shogun the victory. Dana White HIMSELF said Shogun won that fight. But yeah, a few nuthuggers suddenly know this sport better. Right.

By Silva himself, who is full of shit. He'll never drop down to fight GSP, and he's a coward if he does. Real fighters move up in weight when they want a challenge, not down.

He's fought cans, with the exception of MAYBE Dan Henderson, though Hendo was 812 years old when he fought Silva.

Shogun's never tested positive for steroids, so unless you've got any proof, its just you shitting out your mouth like a typical TUF noob. And what fight, pray tell, would you even SUSPECT of being fixed? You're a fucking joke.

We'll see how "beyond any MMA heavyweight" Lesnar is after he faces Carwin.

A prime Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira would've murdered Crock Lesnar.

Griffin won the fight on leg kicks against Rampage, yet Shogun loses a fight where you and others say he won using leg kicks since that was the only attack Shogun has in his arsenal that contributed to most of the damage on Lyoto. I suggest you read the article Cecil Peoples posted and the reason why he scored it the way he did. I gave Lyoto rounds 1, 2 & 4 and scored it 48-47. Maybe you'll have a brighter view as to why it happened. No matter, UFC 113 will prove why Shogun lost the first fight against Lyoto.

And Silva is a coward? LOL. Travis Lutter, Rich Franklin, Damian Maia, Nate Marquardt. Forrest Griffin... all cans? Anymore excuses? Anderson Silva is the best fighter on planet Earth, hands down. And, as I said before. GSP is too small to fight at 185 even if has put on more lean muscle and can make 195 without losing much of what he possesses at 170. I still suggest a catchweight.

I never said, personally, that Shogun was juicing. I am simply reflecting back on various threads AFTER Shogun lost to Griffin. They were saying Shogun was 'loose' a.k.a. not in shape for his UFC debut. Many came up with theories that whatever he had been taking in PRIDE, he let it leave his system and didn't have the drive to get it done. I'm not saying I believe, I am merely bringing it to attention. Can you really tell me the Shogun that fought Griffin was the same one that decimated Rampage Jackson? And yes, I was aware that he was 'sick'.

You're right. Minotauro would have done a great deal to Lesnar, but that is no longer the case because Minotauro isn't prime. So that statement is irrelevant. And, I still don't think Carwin can do it. Lesnar is just too powerful. I, honestly, would give Cain Velezquez a better chance of dethroning Lesnar than Carwin.
Warlord
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 22 2010, 08:47 PM) *
Griffin won the fight on leg kicks against Rampage, yet Shogun loses a fight where you and others say he won using leg kicks since that was the only attack Shogun has in his arsenal that contributed to most of the damage on Lyoto. I suggest you read the article Cecil Peoples posted and the reason why he scored it the way he did. I gave Lyoto rounds 1, 2 & 4 and scored it 48-47.

Bullshit. Even the staunchest Machida nuthuggers refused to give him rounds 4 or 5. They all claim 1-3. Machida won the 3rd round only. Shogun took the rest.

What I find HILARIOUS is you using Cecil fucking Peoples to support your argument. Cecil Peoples has been the culprit of countless robberies. He is universally reviled by educated MMA fans. Only a TUF noob such as yourself would dare to elect him as a prop for your baseless argument.

But as long as we are going by the judges in that fight, what do you think of THIS:

Judge changes mind, says Shogun won the fight
http://www.mmaconvert.com/2009/12/28/judge...won-that-fight/

Maybe you'll have a brighter view as to why it happened. No matter, UFC 113 will prove why Shogun lost the first fight against Lyoto.

The face of a winner:

Yessiree bob, Machida sure is awesome, ain't he?

And Silva is a coward? LOL. Travis Lutter, Rich Franklin, Damian Maia, Nate Marquardt. Forrest Griffin... all cans?

Yeah?

Fedor Emelianenko is the best fighter on planet Earth, hands down.

Fixed that for you.

I never said, personally, that Shogun was juicing.

No, you're just citing the work of simpletons, nuthuggers, and TUF noobs and using it to prop up your poorly informed deductions. Does that make you more ignorant than them, or less, pray tell?

I am simply reflecting back on various threads AFTER Shogun lost to Griffin. They were saying Shogun was 'loose' a.k.a. not in shape for his UFC debut. Many came up with theories that whatever he had been taking in PRIDE, he let it leave his system and didn't have the drive to get it done. I'm not saying I believe, I am merely bringing it to attention. Can you really tell me the Shogun that fought Griffin was the same one that decimated Rampage Jackson? And yes, I was aware that he was 'sick'.

He wasn't just sick, he was fighting injured. He blew out his knee in training, blew it out again in the fight, and has had two operations on it since. Or, let me guess, the injuries were an excuse, and he operated on them to further bolster that excuse?

You fail to address the fact that every major news outlet, every major fighter, every educated fan, and Dana fucking White all had Shogun winning that fight. But I guess you and a few nuthuggers have a better grasp on the fight-game than everyone else. Right?

Maybe you need to find another sport, brother.
Warlord
QUOTE (RyanTical @ Apr 22 2010, 07:47 PM) *
I gave Lyoto rounds 1, 2 & 4 and scored it 48-47. Maybe you'll have a brighter view as to why it happened. No matter, UFC 113 will prove why Shogun lost the first fight against Lyoto.

Hey bitch, what rounds did you give Lyoto this time? If you're in doubt, rewatch round 1, maybe it will be clearer to you why Machida is the property of Shogun Rua.
Warlord
Where's that bitch RyanTical at? Sure would be nice to talk some MMA with his bitch-ass again.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ May 13 2010, 03:54 AM) *
Hey bitch, what rounds did you give Lyoto this time? If you're in doubt, rewatch round 1, maybe it will be clearer to you why Machida is the property of Shogun Rua.

Damn War you gotta alot of hate for Machida huh?

I was really shocked in the outcome of the fight not because i didn't think Shogun could win cause i had him winning the first fight but in the manner Shogun won that was vintage Rua from his Pride days all the way.

I think the winner of Rampage/Rashad will get a shot at Shogun first then once Shogun takes them out i see Dana setting up a superfight between him and Silva.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 14 2010, 12:57 AM) *
Damn War you gotta alot of hate for Machida huh?

I was really shocked in the outcome of the fight not because i didn't think Shogun could win cause i had him winning the first fight but in the manner Shogun won that was vintage Rua from his Pride days all the way.

I think the winner of Rampage/Rashad will get a shot at Shogun first then once Shogun takes them out i see Dana setting up a superfight between him and Silva.

I don't like Machida, but I don't really hate him THAT much. It's his fucking bandwagon fans I hate. Fucktards like RyanTical. I just hate it when a fighter has one or two good wins, and suddenly he's the greatest fighter that ever lived, and no one can touch him.

Anyone who has been following MMA for any substantial amount of time should be able to call fights like Liddell/Jackson, Rua/Machida, Lesnar/Carwin (laugh.gif), etc... Or, at the very least, be objective about them, ESPECIALLY after they've already happened. It was clear Shogun got robbed in the first fight. How people picked him to lose the second, and do it in such a condescending way as RyanTical did, really pissed me off.

As an aside, I expected Shogun to win by KO, and put it in my prediction list before the fight. (The only one I got right. laugh.gif) The only thing I didn't predict was just how quickly Shogun would finish him off.

I said before that Machida couldn't, or wouldn't, change his gay-ass Karate stance. But the truth is, he did. He changed stances several times in the fight, and he never looked comfortable doing it, nor did he have any success. Quite the opposite. He got himself decapitated, and much sooner than he would have had he just stuck to his hit-and-run bullshit style we're all used to.
Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 14 2010, 12:57 AM) *

That's a good possibility, but White is on record with the stipulation that Silva's gotta go through Sonnen and Belfort before he is willing to consider anything else. Actually, in Dana's ow words, Silva doesn't deserve a fight with Shogun (or GSP), because people don't pay to see fighters like Silva come in and clown around for 5 rounds. (Again, Dana's words, not mine.)
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ May 14 2010, 05:58 AM) *
That's a good possibility, but White is on record with the stipulation that Silva's gotta go through Sonnen and Belfort before he is willing to consider anything else. Actually, in Dana's ow words, Silva doesn't deserve a fight with Shogun (or GSP), because people don't pay to see fighters like Silva come in and clown around for 5 rounds. (Again, Dana's words, not mine.)

Yeah Dana was pretty pissed about Anderson's latest performance. But once he takes care of Sonnen and if the demand is there like it should be i can see Silva/Shogun happening.

Warlord
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ May 14 2010, 01:36 PM) *
Yeah Dana was pretty pissed about Anderson's latest performance. But once he takes care of Sonnen and if the demand is there like it should be i can see Silva/Shogun happening.

Definitely. And I hope it happens too. Ready to see that Silva bandwagon come crashing to a halt.

Silva has better technical striking, and Shogun has a better ground-game coupled with a cast iron chin. There is a reason Anderson Silva was number 3 in the Chute Boxe stable, behind Wanderlei and Shogun, and I think Shogun would show that reason to the world if the fight ever happened.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Warlord @ May 15 2010, 06:21 AM) *
Definitely. And I hope it happens too. Ready to see that Silva bandwagon come crashing to a halt.

Silva has better technical striking, and Shogun has a better ground-game coupled with a cast iron chin. There is a reason Anderson Silva was number 3 in the Chute Boxe stable, behind Wanderlei and Shogun, and I think Shogun would show that reason to the world if the fight ever happened.

That fight will be a war i give Anderson the edge beause of his precision striking and one punch power. I agree Shogun has the edge on the ground but will he be able to get in there fast enough and will he even want get it down in the first place. It would be one helluva fight arguably the best fight to be made in MMA IMO.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.