Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UFC 110
FightHype Community > MMA HYPE > UFC
STEVENSKI
Just thought I would say how punped I am getting for this event. Simply the best fight card Australia has ever seen. Sold out in seconds & I am very excited I have to say.

Heavyweight Bout: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez
Middleweight Bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping
Lightweight Bout: Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
Light Heavyweight Bout: Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader
Heavyweight Bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Ben Rothwell
Light Heavyweight Bout: Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman
Light Heavyweight Bout: Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Welterweight Bout: Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster
Middleweight Bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic
Light Heavyweight Bout: James Te-Huna vs. Igor Pokrajac
Warlord
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 18 2010, 06:12 AM) *
Just thought I would say how punped I am getting for this event. Simply the best fight card Australia has ever seen. Sold out in seconds & I am very excited I have to say.

Heavyweight Bout: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Cain Velasquez
Middleweight Bout: Wanderlei Silva vs. Michael Bisping
Lightweight Bout: Joe Stevenson vs. George Sotiropoulos
Light Heavyweight Bout: Keith Jardine vs. Ryan Bader
Heavyweight Bout: Mirko Filipović vs. Ben Rothwell
Light Heavyweight Bout: Elvis Sinosic vs. Chris Haseman
Light Heavyweight Bout: Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski
Welterweight Bout: Chris Lytle vs. Brian Foster
Middleweight Bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Goran Reljic
Light Heavyweight Bout: James Te-Huna vs. Igor Pokrajac

Rothwell is off the card, but never fear, they've found some toad to replace him. Other than that you've got a pretty dynamite card. You gonna see it live, or just watch it on TV? Either way, hope you enjoy it.
AussieLad
I'm surprised this getting show on free to air TV? They must be trying to build a market over here

Is it free in the states or ppv?

Not sure who is going to win with Big Nog vs Velasquez. Alot of people wrote Nog off after the Mir loss, including myself, but i wasnt aware at the time he was recovering from staph infection. He shouldnt have fought.

I think i will go with Velasquez and his relentless pressure and wrestling. Can definitely see his pace giving Nog alot of openings for the submission though.

I think Bisping will outpount Wanderlai, so long as he doesnt circle stupidly into the power zone like he did vs Henderson. Similar situation to the Henderson fight. Bisping cant hurt Wanderlai. He will stick and move.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 19 2010, 07:18 AM) *
Rothwell is off the card, but never fear, they've found some toad to replace him. Other than that you've got a pretty dynamite card. You gonna see it live, or just watch it on TV? Either way, hope you enjoy it.

Seeing it live at the arena. Big big weekend coming up. AC/DC dancefloor tickets Saturday. UFC Sunday. Faith no More Monday.
AussieLad
Anyone watch the UFC weigh in, if not check it out on ufc.com.

The axe murderer looked so different at the weight. His face isnt so meaty, i found it very odd.

Hopefully he puts a beating on Bisping because i am far more interested in watching his fights than the counts

And the aussie George Sotiropolous has a wierd chest. It just didnt look right. Cant see him getting past Joe Daddy
kidbazooka1
Vasquez is a bad ass he'll whoop lesnar if given the chance.

Silva got a good win over Bisping but prime Wand would have destroyed him.
AussieLad
Definitely didnt think Velasquez would stop Nog like that. Awesome performance and he is a threat to anyone in the division

After the first round of Bisping vs Silva, i was confident in my prediction. The count almost pulled it off. I had the impression that Silva should have charged him much earlier in the fight. Fighting technically isnt his style and he couldve stopped bisping if he had shown his trademark aggression

Big props to Aussie Georges win over Joe Daddy. He dominated the first round
STEVENSKI
Well have to say that after seeing it live the UFC is the future. That card was STACKED! May not be alphabet soup title fights but every fight was well matched & quality barring the Cro Cop one.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.