Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: James Toney... WOW!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Warlord
That shit on the front page was HILARIOUS!

"That bubble bum lip ass nigga!" laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Wow! Somebody give that man a fight! I would jizz my pants if Hopkins went to heavyweight and fought Toney.
Snoop
I can't decide which part was better: Toney referring to Alexander Povetkin as a "German slut" or asking about "how much dick John Ruiz is sucking". laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 22 2010, 07:59 PM) *

Wow! Somebody give that man a fight! I would jizz my pants if Hopkins went to heavyweight and fought Toney.

Hope you're a black man in China with that bubble lip nigga stuff. If not, I might have to hit ya wit the Dim Mak blow.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Feb 22 2010, 06:08 PM) *
Hope you're a black man in China with that bubble lip nigga stuff. If not, I might have to hit ya wit the Dim Mak blow.

Spyder
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 22 2010, 10:19 PM) *
Has Toney ever had a reality show? I might PPV that.

James Toney needs to have a Sirius Satellite Radio Show...that shit would be GREAT!
Mean Mister Mustard
I agree, forget MMA, go to TV or Radio.
D-MARV
LMAO... Classic
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Feb 22 2010, 09:06 PM) *

There it is! The Dim Mak.
d843
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 22 2010, 08:59 PM) *

I REALLY LIKE TONEY BUT SERIOUSLY ALL JOKES ASIDE.I really BELIEVE BOTH KLITSCHKOS WOULD BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT HIM!
thehype
QUOTE (d843 @ Feb 22 2010, 11:01 PM) *
I REALLY LIKE TONEY BUT SERIOUSLY ALL JOKES ASIDE.I really BELIEVE BOTH KLITSCHKOS WOULD BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT HIM!

And yet they won't fight him?

I don't know...call me crazy, but one would think that the name JAMES TONEY alone would put more butts in the seat and eyes on the TV set.

I mean, hey, even if you're right and they would beat the shit out of him, that's GREAT because lord knows that both of the Klitschko brother need a SPECTACULAR beatdown or KO if they ever think they're getting back on PPV. A beatdown is exactly what the heavyweight division needs and with James Toney talkin' all the smack he does, that would be GREAT for the heavyweight division, which, for some reason, seems to be HORRIBLE even with both Klitschkos "dominating" the division.

ALL JOKES ASIDE, VITALIA SHOULD SIGN THE FVCKING CONTRACT AND SHUT TONEY'S BIG FVCKING MOUTH IF HE THINKS HE CAN DO IT...FVCKING COWARD!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

laugh.gif
Spyder
QUOTE (Box in Hand @ Feb 22 2010, 10:35 PM) *
There it is! The Dim Mak.

laugh.gif
pcraw
Yeah man and what type of shit is that for Bernard to block him from the press conference? That fight needs all of the attention it can get even if it is James Toney running up in the press conference trying to get at BHop or Jones! Lol
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 22 2010, 10:19 PM) *
Has Toney ever had a reality show? I might PPV that.

Only if it were possible to make a Contender type TV show but with Hopkins,Toney,Roy Jones,David Haye,Riddick Bowe(he'll be good for starting real fights after a lot of shit talking),and maybe throw John Ruiz in there ONLY if Stoney is with him..
STEVENSKI
Lets see what Green did you Grimace looking hamburgler beating pecan pie eating breastmilk drinkin piece of shit Toney. He knocked out the man who whooped up on your backhead wrinkled eyefat crinkled arse all over the shop with ease.

Toney shut the fuck up & actually fight someone rather than run your cumsucker.

Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 23 2010, 06:34 AM) *
Lets see what Green did you Grimace looking hamburgler beating pecan pie eating breastmilk drinkin piece of shit Toney. He knocked out the man who whooped up on your backhead wrinkled eyefat crinkled arse all over the shop with ease.

LOL. HATE HATE HATE!
King Eugene
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 23 2010, 12:40 AM) *
LOL. HATE HATE HATE!

LMAO...that damn James Toney! Man I cant wait til this guy gets a fight. Those press conferences and fight build ups are going to be hilarious. You gotta 24/7 that cat.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 22 2010, 11:32 PM) *
Yeah, if they weren't scared fecesless of the crazy mofo.

Toney is the ONLY thing the heavyweight division has going for it.

Step up to the plate, Klit sisters.

Really??I think Haye and Adamek were really good additions to the division..I also think Povetkin will surprise people once he gets goin and starts fighting more and doesn't get injuried..
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 23 2010, 01:34 AM) *

C'mon paper champ!! C'mon paper champ!!! laugh.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Feb 22 2010, 11:19 PM) *

I don't know...call me crazy, but one would think that the name JAMES TONEY alone would put more butts in the seat and eyes on the TV set.

I mean, hey, even if you're right and they would beat the shit out of him, that's GREAT because lord knows that both of the Klitschko brother need a SPECTACULAR beatdown or KO if they ever think they're getting back on PPV. A beatdown is exactly what the heavyweight division needs and with James Toney talkin' all the smack he does, that would be GREAT for the heavyweight division, which, for some reason, seems to be HORRIBLE even with both Klitschkos "dominating" the division.

ALL JOKES ASIDE, VITALIA SHOULD SIGN THE FVCKING CONTRACT AND SHUT TONEY'S BIG FVCKING MOUTH IF HE THINKS HE CAN DO IT...FVCKING COWARD!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

laugh.gif

EXACTLY!!!

Was going to say exact same thing. Those pussy ass sisters have no trouble fighting scrubs and no hopers, but they avoid James.

That interview was pure comedy.

Stevenski-Toney would embarrass that robot Danny Greene and you know it.
oozemcbuck
i'm starting to feel bad for toney. he's washed up , yet he still thinks he can fight at the top. i don't think he could beat a povetkin right now. not saying povetkin is great, just that toney is done. he had his shot at a come back vs peter and he threw it away by being out of shape. not even the tae-bo dude could help him. and that was a couple of years ago, he's only gotten older and he slurrrrring his words even more. he's starting to sound like a whiny lil bitch himself.
KookedKrack
laugh.gif @ this shit......Toney would make an excellent color commentator HBO or Showtime needs to cut the check.
pcraw
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 23 2010, 12:34 AM) *

Toney lost to the P4P Jones. Green beat a shell of a shell of a shell of the Jones that Toney fought!
Thegreatequalizer
are you kidding? i would love to see toney fight a klitschko. he would get his ass kicked really bad. i love james, but he doesn't stand a chance against either one of them.
d843
QUOTE (thehype @ Feb 22 2010, 11:19 PM) *

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

laugh.gif
I DEFINITELY AGREE!ONE OF THEM SHOULD GIVE HIM A SHOT.
Big Slim Sweet
That was one of the greatest interviews in the history of boxing. Fucking CLASSIC shit talking. He even threw Teddy Atlas in there talking about busting up his other eye. laugh.gif

I love James Toney. LOVE that man. All fight fans should respect and appreciate him because IMO, his combination of old school boxing skills, no holds barred trash talk, and willingness to fight anybody, anywhere, anytime will NEVER be seen in this sport again.

It breaks my heart that Hopkins apparently doesn't consider him worth his time.
Snoop
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Feb 23 2010, 03:15 PM) *
laugh.gif @ this shit......Toney would make an excellent color commentator HBO or Showtime needs to cut the check.

LMAO. I can just imagine JT's "Keys to Victory" on Showtime.

1) Quit being a fucking pussy.

2) Repeat Step 1.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Feb 23 2010, 12:38 PM) *
I love James Toney. LOVE that man. All fight fans should respect and appreciate him because IMO, his combination of old school boxing skills, no holds barred trash talk, and willingness to fight anybody, anywhere, anytime will NEVER be seen in this sport again.

i totally agree, though i will clarify that he did pull out of his scheduled fight with jameel mccline and then ended up fighting rydell booker instead.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 23 2010, 12:32 PM) *
Stevenski-Toney would embarrass that robot Danny Greene and you know it.

That he may but how about he actually fights someone. When was that fat fucks last decent win that was not tainted? Hows about Grimace actually goes out & earns a title shot. Yall go on about this obese clown being old school well old school fighters EARN a shot not demand & expect one when they have done NOTHING to remotely deserve one. This semi human garbage disposal talks the trash talk & when has he backed it up as a heavyweight in the last 5 years?

QUOTE (pcraw @ Feb 23 2010, 05:11 PM) *
Toney lost to the P4P Jones. Green beat a shell of a shell of a shell of the Jones that Toney fought!

Your point? Toney lost & Green won.
d843
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Feb 23 2010, 02:13 AM) *
Really??I think Haye and Adamek were really good additions to the division..I also think Povetkin will surprise people once he gets goin and starts fighting more and doesn't get injuried..
LIKE I'V SAID EARLIER,I REALLY LIKE TONEY AS A FIGHTER BUT AFTER THE BOTH PETER FIGHTS I STARTED QUESTIONING HIS FUTURE AS A SERIOUS THREAT IN THE HEAVY WEIGHT DIVISION.I MEAN HE's CHUMPING EVERYONE WHO's SOMEONE IN THE DIVISION.THE BOTTOM LINE IS HE SHOULD'V BEEN TAKING BETTER CARE OF HIMSELF THE MINUTE HE DECIDED TO BECOME A HEAVY WT.WHERE THE FUCK DOES HE GET OFF THINKING HE SHOULD JUMP TO THE FRONT OF THE GODDAM LINE!HE HASN'T DONE SHIT SENSE THE PETER FIGHTS!PERSONLY I THINK,SENSE THE PETER FIGHTS HE SHOULD HAVE JUST STAYED BIZY KNOCKN OUT BUMS!& MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A FUCKN SHOT BY NOW!COME ON TONEY,U REALLY CAN'T BLAME ANYONE BUT YOURSELF FOR THE SITUATION YUR IN BRO!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
It's funny how some guys are saying JT should wait in line but fuckin Jawny Ruiz seems to step right into another title shot!!

I'd agree with waiting at the back of the line except in the HW division there's no fucking line to stand in. If Toney is such a fat old man (which he is) then why doesn't someone give him a shot? The Klit sisters have given far less deserving bums a chance and if they fought somewhere like the Staples centre they could actually get a decent payday.

Bottom line the only 2 heavies I want to see get a shot this year will probably get frozen out: Toney and Tua.

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 22 2010, 07:59 PM) *

Finally coming out, eh?

lol...
Romulus9
Here's a scenario:

Toney beats Vitali.

Hopkins moves up.

Toney vs. Hopkins for the WBC heavyweight championship on HBO PPV. 24/7 series. 4 months of hype.

Could you imagine?
Romulus9
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 23 2010, 08:39 PM) *
That would be awesome, but I seriously just can't imagine Toney beating any Klitschko.

Neither can I but it's the Theater of the Unexpected for a reason...

We can dream.
Lil-lightsout
It ain't Toney's fault that no one will fight him. He has been calling out heavies forever now. He is easily the most avoided heavyweight out there. If he is so terrible, than why doesn't and top fighter fight him??? He has a name and can bring some $ to the table. Just look at the damn bums the Klits have been fighting recently. Sure Toney talks alot of shit, but he is willing to fight anyone. Not like so many pussy fighters today. All other heavies are a bunch of cowards. Why the fuck does John Ruiz keep getting title shots? For losing them all? Who the fuck did Kevin QueenPin Johnson beat to get a shot? Who the fuck did Hasim Rahman beat to get a shot at Wlad? Evander Olyfield gets a shot against Valuev. Why? Haye beat fucking Barrett to get a shot. Though I do like Haye and his enthusiasm.

So why not Toney?

Romulus9
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 23 2010, 10:54 PM) *
It ain't Toney's fault that no one will fight him. He has been calling out heavies forever now. He is easily the most avoided heavyweight out there. If he is so terrible, than why doesn't and top fighter fight him??? He has a name and can bring some $ to the table. Just look at the damn bums the Klits have been fighting recently. Sure Toney talks alot of shit, but he is willing to fight anyone. Not like so many pussy fighters today. All other heavies are a bunch of cowards. Why the fuck does John Ruiz keep getting title shots? For losing them all? Who the fuck did Kevin QueenPin Johnson beat to get a shot? Who the fuck did Hasim Rahman beat to get a shot at Wlad? Evander Olyfield gets a shot against Valuev. Why? Haye beat fucking Barrett to get a shot. Though I do like Haye and his enthusiasm.

So why not Toney?

"The WBC is notorious for two things: larceny and making up the rules as it goes along." -- Larry Merchant

Think back to when Roy Jones fought Mike McCallum for a the Interim WBC Light Heavyweight Championship. Do you remember WHY that was an interim title fight? Because Jones wanted a belt on the line, said as much, gave the WBC $100,000, and there's the title shot. The three main sanctioning bodies will essentially do whatever they want. That's why John Ruiz gets as many shots as he wants. That's why Kevin Johnson somehow merited a title shot. Going back, it's why Vaughn Bean got one too.

Being deserving is part of the equation... but not nearly as big as it should be.

Let Toney give the WBC $100K and I bet he has his shot MANDATED by the WBC within 60 days.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Feb 23 2010, 11:41 PM) *
"The WBC is notorious for two things: larceny and making up the rules as it goes along." -- Larry Merchant

Think back to when Roy Jones fought Mike McCallum for a the Interim WBC Light Heavyweight Championship. Do you remember WHY that was an interim title fight? Because Jones wanted a belt on the line, said as much, gave the WBC $100,000, and there's the title shot. The three main sanctioning bodies will essentially do whatever they want. That's why John Ruiz gets as many shots as he wants. That's why Kevin Johnson somehow merited a title shot. Going back, it's why Vaughn Bean got one too.

Being deserving is part of the equation... but not nearly as big as it should be.

Let Toney give the WBC $100K and I bet he has his shot MANDATED by the WBC within 60 days.

Thanks for the info man. I know alot about boxing, but man I honestly didn't know any of that shit. I guess I do not always follow the politics aspect. It is pretty sickening how boxing is run, and it's better to not know all the shit that goes behind the scenes.
d843
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Feb 23 2010, 07:33 PM) *
It's funny how some guys are saying JT should wait in line but fuckin Jawny Ruiz seems to step right into another title shot!!

I'd agree with waiting at the back of the line except in the HW division there's no fucking line to stand in. If Toney is such a fat old man (which he is) then why doesn't someone give him a shot? The Klit sisters have given far less deserving bums a chance and if they fought somewhere like the Staples centre they could actually get a decent payday.

Bottom line the only 2 heavies I want to see get a shot this year will probably get frozen out: Toney and Tua.
FUCK RUIZ!I ALWAYS THOUGHT HE WAS A CLOWN ASS BUM!HE DEFINITELY SHOULDN'T BE IN THE POSITION HE's IN BUT,HE IS!ITS FUCKED UP 4 BOXING!& SO IS A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER SHIT GOING ON IN BOXING IN GENERAL!I STILL PUT THE BLAME ON TONEY.YOU WOULD THINK AS BIG AS GOOSEN IS IN THE GAME,HE WOULDV GOTTEN HIM THIS SHOT HE's SO DESPERATELY YELLING.I THINK I'D BE LOOKING FOR SOME BETTER MANAGEMENT SOON IF I WAS HIM.SEEMS LIKE HE's FOCUSING MORE ON HIS OTHER FIGHTERS CAREERS & PUTTING HIM ON THE BACK BURNER.
d843
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Feb 23 2010, 08:31 PM) *
Here's a scenario:

Toney beats Vitali.

Hopkins moves up.

Toney vs. Hopkins for the WBC heavyweight championship on HBO PPV. 24/7 series. 4 months of hype.

Could you imagine?
That would be some crazy shit if it went down like that!
d843
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 23 2010, 10:54 PM) *

So why not Toney?
WE BOTH KNOW THERES MORE POLITICS IN BOXING RIGHT NOW THAN THERE EVER HAS BEEN.ITS FUCKED UP & A LOT OF SHIT AIN'T RIGHT IN THE SPORT RIGHT KNOW!HOPEFULLY THE BOXING GODS WILL RAIN DOWN SOON ON SOME OF THESE FILTHY FUCKS !!!
GHT
Warlord
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Feb 23 2010, 09:22 PM) *
Finally coming out, eh?

lol...

Where's that pic you had up of the Klit bros? It suited you pretty good.
MarzB
I love James, HATE his approach towards training. You have to wonder seriously though why the Klichko sisters (lol) don't want to face James. I pulled this pic from another message board that someone posted of him training. Why he's doing situps is beyond me.

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Warlord @ Feb 24 2010, 12:08 AM) *
Where's that pic you had up of the Klit bros? It suited you pretty good.

lol....

I can email you a copy. Would make a fine addition to your collection.
lloyd mayflower
Maybe Klitschkos reason for fighting Toney is the same as Valuev, maybe, as a fairly fit, professional athlete, he doesnt see the need to share his domain with disgusting fat sweaty slobs who will, at some point, inevitably try to touch him. Who can blame him.
d843
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Feb 24 2010, 11:48 AM) *
Maybe Klitschkos reason for fighting Toney is the same as Valuev, maybe, as a fairly fit, professional athlete, he doesnt see the need to share his domain with disgusting fat sweaty slobs who will, at some point, inevitably try to touch him. Who can blame him.
WOW!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Feb 23 2010, 03:49 PM) *
i totally agree, though i will clarify that he did pull out of his scheduled fight with jameel mccline and then ended up fighting rydell booker instead.

Toney tore up his ankle training for McCline. His fight with Booker was nearly a year later.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Feb 24 2010, 11:48 AM) *

Yeah coz they'd rather fight the likes of Vaughan Bean and Ray Austin instead.

I mean screw ability, screw skills, ring status or being a multi division champ.

'If the height to body weight aint right, then there is gonna be no fight!'

James once remarked that boxing wasn't a body building contest and while I do despair at some of his training methods (or lack of them) I'd still rather watch him drag his tubby ass around a ring than the 2 guys I've mentioned above.
lloyd mayflower
Does anyone here really think Cheeseburger would offer up a more potent challenge to either Klit than say, Chambers, Povetkin or Haye? I dont. I think he is now utterly useless and would get jabbed to a bloody mess. Id rather see any of the aforementioned in with the Klits, and prob add Adamek to that list after say another 1 or 2 fights to settle
pcraw
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Feb 23 2010, 04:24 PM) *
That he may but how about he actually fights someone. When was that fat fucks last decent win that was not tainted? Hows about Grimace actually goes out & earns a title shot. Yall go on about this obese clown being old school well old school fighters EARN a shot not demand & expect one when they have done NOTHING to remotely deserve one. This semi human garbage disposal talks the trash talk & when has he backed it up as a heavyweight in the last 5 years?

Your point? Toney lost & Green won.

My point is Green fought a different Jones. You don't think Leon Spinks beat the Ali that Frazier beat do you?
Spyder
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Feb 24 2010, 05:12 PM) *
Does anyone here really think Cheeseburger would offer up a more potent challenge to either Klit than say, Chambers, Povetkin or Haye? I dont. I think he is now utterly useless and would get jabbed to a bloody mess. Id rather see any of the aforementioned in with the Klits, and prob add Adamek to that list after say another 1 or 2 fights to settle

I think that Toney would give a better challenge than Povetkin, and I think that he would BEAT Adamek...lol...that's right, I said that he would BEAT Adamek. Just like he did Jirov a billion years ago.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 24 2010, 10:41 PM) *
I think that Toney would give a better challenge than Povetkin, and I think that he would BEAT Adamek...lol...that's right, I said that he would BEAT Adamek. Just like he did Jirov a billion years ago.

That required a higher punch output than he is able to do now..He was tired as hell against Fres..Adamek is better than Jirov in my opinion too and is more accurate..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.