Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sex before fights
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
JonnyBlaze
I was lookin up highlights of Byrd on youtube and I came across this thing and was wondering what ya all think..Also,check out Byrd's power on the bag..

STEVENSKI
Did not watch it but regardless of before or after a fight if I was Chris I would cautious about having sex with his missus.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Feb 23 2010, 01:25 AM) *
I was lookin up highlights of Byrd on youtube and I came across this thing and was wondering what ya all think..Also,check out Byrd's power on the bag..

Yeah I posted this last year I believe. I was surprised by the power he was hitting with. A lotta people view him as being fairly feather fisted, but he was unloading pretty good.

http://www.fighthype.com/community/index.p...p;hl=Chris+Byrd
STEVENSKI
Nice Sig Byrd. I dreamed of Mayweather getting cracked like that against Gatti. Never was gonna happen in a month of Sundays though.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 23 2010, 05:05 AM) *
Didn't watch it. Though, is Chris Byrd against a strap-on being used by Tracy before fights?

laugh.gif

Big deal about him hitting a heavy bag. ANYONE can pound on a heavy bag and appear to have power. Bottom line is he is feather fisted and the proof is in all his fights as a pro.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 23 2010, 03:25 AM) *
laugh.gif

Big deal about him hitting a heavy bag. ANYONE can pound on a heavy bag and appear to have power. Bottom line is he is feather fisted and the proof is in all his fights as a pro.

You DO realize he was fighting WAY above his natural weight, right? That he was facing guys that sometimes outweighed him by as much as 50 pounds? I don't doubt that damn near anyone would seemingly have no power when fighting people that are a lot bigger than him.
happygocampy
Wait a minute.... If i'm understanding this right, he had sex the night before? Why not right before the test? I'll be honest, it's right after sex when i'm feeling rather sub par.. the next day i feel good as new though. I don't see how these athletes can go very long w/o it or at least masturbating, after a few days i start to go mad, i just can't take it. I would think Masturbating would have a similar effect to sex, and i imagine these guys do that instead. That's sad.
Keith
I have no idea what this is all about.

I ALWAYS have sex AFTER I fight.

First I knock the bitch out, then I have sex.

laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (happygocampy @ Feb 23 2010, 04:02 PM) *
Wait a minute.... If i'm understanding this right, he had sex the night before? Why not right before the test? I'll be honest, it's right after sex when i'm feeling rather sub par.. the next day i feel good as new though. I don't see how these athletes can go very long w/o it or at least masturbating, after a few days i start to go mad, i just can't take it. I would think Masturbating would have a similar effect to sex, and i imagine these guys do that instead. That's sad.

It's about having sex the night before a fight..

Too bad some of ya didn't watch it,I found it pretty interesting..I figured most people wouldn't because it was Chris Byrd,but if it was someone else,I think some of ya would of watched it..

I think Byrd has power but he chose not to use it in his fights..He punches like most amateurs do,which is to score points..He knew he wasn't a natural heavyweight and had to eat A LOT more than he would normally eat just to be a heavyweight..
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 23 2010, 01:56 PM) *
You do realise you are basing him having power on hitting a heavy bag, right?

That's a fairly simplistic view of it, but fine.
Provo209
Byrd Man are u Chris Byrd ? LoL your the only person I know who thinks he's good LMFaO...
Romulus9
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Feb 23 2010, 08:29 PM) *
Byrd Man are u Chris Byrd ? LoL your the only person I know who thinks he's good LMFaO...

My level of respect for Chris Byrd is a million times greater than my level of respect for Bitch Boy Floyd.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Feb 23 2010, 05:29 PM) *

No, I'm not, and no I'm not. lol

There's at least ONE other person on here that has admitted to liking Byrd.

I've never said he's the best of all time, or he's the best of his generation. But you can't deny his accomplishments. Two time champion (one because Vitali couldn't continue, and the other when he thoroughly outboxed Evander Holyfield back in 2002), and he REGULARLY stepped into the ring against people who towered over him and in some cases dwarfed him.

Aside from Povetkin, the only HW fights he lost were against people who outweighed him by anywhere between 15 to 36lbs. Then he lost to Shaun George when he drained himself to drop down to Light Heavy.

You can say all you want about his style not being popular or fun to watch or whatever, but you can't sit here and honestly say that he wasn't any good, and expect anyone to take you seriously.
JD
While it is enjoyable to haze Byrdman over his rather strange Chris Byrd affinity...I respect the hell out of Chris Byrd as a fighter.
Snoop
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Feb 24 2010, 01:29 AM) *

Chris Byrd doesn't have a lot of punching power, but he's one hell of a boxer. He also has a likable personality. I don't really know why people hate on him so much.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 23 2010, 06:20 PM) *
While it is enjoyable to haze Byrdman over his rather strange Chris Byrd affinity...I respect the hell out of Chris Byrd as a fighter.

lol. Cheers!

And think about it. These are the people who beat Chris Byrd @ Heavyweight.

Wladimir Klitschko (twice) (outweighed him by 25lbs each fight)
Ike Ibeabuchi (outweighed him by 36lbs)
Alexander Povetkin (outweighed Byrd by 15lbs)

That's it. Povetkin's not a slouch either, and is currently (I believe) undefeated.

That's nothing to be ashamed of there, man. He foolishly dropped down two divisions and got waxed by Shaun George, a decent but nothing spectacular fighter.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Feb 23 2010, 01:58 PM) *
You DO realize he was fighting WAY above his natural weight, right? That he was facing guys that sometimes outweighed him by as much as 50 pounds? I don't doubt that damn near anyone would seemingly have no power when fighting people that are a lot bigger than him.

Anyway you want to slice it, Chris Byrd does not have good power for a fighter. Some fighters do, and some don't. This has nothing to do with hating on him either, though it is funny to read comments about him. Mike tyson fought bigger guys, BUT Tyson had power. Jeremy Williams was a lighter type heavyweight, and he had power. Do not try and make excuses for him about his lack of power, just admit it and move on. And the BS about him hitting a heavybag but just not using in the ring is absolutely ridiculous. Blaze mentioned that, damn your trainer must have slapped you around today at the gym for you to say something so silly like that.

Look, Toney is my favorite fighter, but I do not make excuses for him about his terrible training and diet habits for many years. I actually rip on him about that all the time. All I am trying to say is Chris Byrd has under average pwer for a fighter. Period.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 23 2010, 07:32 PM) *
All I am trying to say is Chris Byrd has under average pwer for a fighter. Period.

No debating that, really. Especially in the HW division.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Feb 23 2010, 08:29 PM) *

I think Chris Byrd is really good too..His defense is amazing..
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Feb 23 2010, 10:55 PM) *
I think Chris Byrd was really good too..His defense was amazing..

Fixed.
happygocampy
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Feb 23 2010, 02:40 PM) *
It's about having sex the night before a fight..

Too bad some of ya didn't watch it,I found it pretty interesting..I figured most people wouldn't because it was Chris Byrd,but if it was someone else,I think some of ya would of watched it..

I think Byrd has power but he chose not to use it in his fights..He punches like most amateurs do,which is to score points..He knew he wasn't a natural heavyweight and had to eat A LOT more than he would normally eat just to be a heavyweight..

I watched it, let me explain further, it makes no sense to me why having sex the night before, and then getting a good nights sleep would affect ones athletic performance the next day. I wanna see a new test done where an athlete has sex within hours of his performance that same day.

Mad props to Chris Byrd, i'll always know him as the boxer who never pussied out using holding/grappling tactics as part of his defense unlike most fighters today. I actually had a bet with one of my buddies after the Arthur Williams fight that someday Byrd would attain one of the main Heavyweight titles. Thanks Byrd, i made $25 bucks off that sucker.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 24 2010, 12:05 AM) *
Fixed.

Good work..It needed to be corrected..
lloyd mayflower
No one can make me believe Leonard Ellerbe doesnt give Floyd at least a hand job the night before
The CEO
Maybe that's why Byrd went downhill so fast...all those years of Tracy milkin' his prostate finally caught up with him...

laugh.gif
Spyder
QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 24 2010, 12:06 PM) *
Maybe that's why Byrd went downhill so fast...all those years of Tracy milkin' his prostate finally caught up with him...

laugh.gif

That's a good point...I wonder if banging women leads to a shorter career.

If that's the case, then Ole B-Hop probably hasn't gotten laid since his days in the penitentiary.

laugh.gif
Keith
QUOTE (Snoop @ Feb 23 2010, 09:23 PM) *
Chris Byrd doesn't have a lot of punching power, but he's one hell of a boxer. He also has a likable personality. I don't really know why people hate on him so much.

I never disliked him but was never a big fan. The reason being..... he could of been so much better at cruiser and LH.

Seeing him fight at HW all those years was almost a letdown. Of course from his point of view thats where the money probably was.

QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Feb 24 2010, 11:51 AM) *
No one can make me believe Leonard Ellerbe doesnt give Floyd at least a hand job the night before

Oh man, this was good lloyd. laugh.gif
Romulus9
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Feb 23 2010, 10:32 PM) *
Anyway you want to slice it, Chris Byrd does not have good power for a fighter. Some fighters do, and some don't.

All I am trying to say is Chris Byrd has under average pwer for a fighter. Period.

I'll disagree with that to some degree. For a heavyweight, Byrd's power isn't what most would consider true heavyweight power. Of course, Ali wasn't exactly a killer as a puncher either.

I approach the analysis of Byrd the same was I do Pernell Whitaker. Both guys had what I would consider average power, not below average. However, it does appear that way because of they way they fight: defense first. Neither guy would make a point to sit down on their punches enough, or to stay in prime punching range long enough, to really do a great deal of damage. Defense comes first. Both guys showed power when necessary, or when it was time to finish (see Byrd vs. Thunder, Whitaker vs. Nazario & Hurtado, etc.) but certainly were not punchers at the end of the day. This is evidenced, more from Byrd, by the fact that his power wasn't enough to keep the really big guys off of him (Klitschko, Ibeabuchi, Povetkin) but, of course, considering Chris isn't 'really' a heavyweight and every fight against a big man was essentially a catchweight bout... it's not surprising. Again, average but nothing better.

When I think of someone with below average power, comparatively speaking between divisions, I think of guys like Paul Malignaggi, Winky Wright, and Ivan Calderon; guys who aren't going to knock many people out whether they're trying or not.

QUOTE (The CEO @ Feb 24 2010, 12:06 PM) *

laugh.gif

Well played, sir.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Feb 23 2010, 08:04 PM) *
No, I'm not, and no I'm not. lol

There's at least ONE other person on here that has admitted to liking Byrd.

I've never said he's the best of all time, or he's the best of his generation. But you can't deny his accomplishments. Two time champion (one because Vitali couldn't continue, and the other when he thoroughly outboxed Evander Holyfield back in 2002), and he REGULARLY stepped into the ring against people who towered over him and in some cases dwarfed him.

Aside from Povetkin, the only HW fights he lost were against people who outweighed him by anywhere between 15 to 36lbs. Then he lost to Shaun George when he drained himself to drop down to Light Heavy.

You can say all you want about his style not being popular or fun to watch or whatever, but you can't sit here and honestly say that he wasn't any good, and expect anyone to take you seriously.

i liked chris byrd.... he was as pure and solid as a boxer could have come at the time at heavyweight and ike ibeabuchi aside when he was a young heavyweight who else would have walked him down like that?... maybe tua?... maybe.. i think a young byrd gives any of the top heavies at the time all the hell they could bare and outright beats some of them (not as in vitali win)... he was almost untouchable for a long time until a mixture of i think hard long fights and age started creeping up on him... it wasnt until then that he started getting hit... actually at one point it can be argued he was the most avoided heavyweight.... this may not be a popular statement on here but i think a young chris byrd gives lennox lewis problems... not saying he beats him but it can be noted lewis never fought the guy and byrd always called out the top challengers and champions... cant hate on that...
Byrd Man
Lewis gave up his title to avoid fighting Byrd.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.