Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dawson vs. Pascal?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
Hugues Brodeur - From a telephone interview by Richard Labbé from the Montreal French newspaper La Presse, Yvon Michel announced on February 16th, that the negotiations with both Gary Shaw and HBO have ended successfully. Apparently, what’s remaining to decide by Gym, would be a date for this summer or this fall. The fight will happen in Montreal. Dawson wanted to fight on June 19th. Although Pascal is still treating his shoulder injury sustained against Diaconu. His rehabilitation should end soon and he should be back hitting the bags during the month of March. If his rehabilitation goes well, the title fight should be this summer. If he needs more time, it’ll be during the fall..

Although, if Pascal wouldn’t be ready before the fall, both fighters agreed that they could fight a different opponent before their rightful championship title fight. But if it would be the case for Pascal, Dawson would have to agree with the fight.

Pascal went the distance with a dislocated shoulder against Diaconu and won. To those who haven’t seen this fight, Pascal dislocated his right shoulder three times. This injury was so serious; he ended up going through surgery.

Dawson, is not a fighter to take lightly. Dawson used to be the WBC light heavy Weight champion. Now, the WBC Interim Champion. His issues with the WBC are behind him and he’s coming back full throttle. Pascal knows that and he wants to be back fully healed for the fight of his career.

Dawson is in the peak of his career. He never looks for a quick KO, he’s always ready to go the full distance. Although, a healthy Pascal will be his toughest opposition so far. Pascal is capable to fight just as technical as Dawson does, but he can also brawl if needed.

This fight will be a money maker for both fighters. A packed Bell Center with 20,000 plus fans, HBO, and of course, the cute Québécoises to complete the evening. Finally, some good boxing news.
Article posted on 19.02.2010

Dawson vs. Pascal
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Feb 24 2010, 03:56 AM) *

very interesting fight... i have to favor dawson but i am liking pascal at 175... he seems to have more energy and also seems to have a little more steam on his punches... nothing in this fight would surprise me and would suspect it to be fairly close either way...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Feb 24 2010, 03:56 AM) *

eugene i gotto tell you i crack up laughing everytime i see that shaq gif... lol... crazy!!!
Keith
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 24 2010, 08:23 PM) *
eugene i gotto tell you i crack up laughing everytime i see that shaq gif... lol... crazy!!!

You know what else is funny about Eugene... his avatar!

He managed to find an avatar featuring 1 of the 2 punches RJJ landed against Calzage. laugh.gif

Dawson vs Pascal is a really good fight though. Hope it comes off, routing for Dawson, LH needs a new star.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 24 2010, 07:29 PM) *

He managed to find an avatar featuring 1 of the 2 punches RJJ landed against Calzage. laugh.gif

Dawson vs Pascal is a really good fight though. Hope it comes off, routing for Dawson, LH needs a new star.

man you're not lying... calzaghe put them hands on jones... lol... but it was just a shell of jones former self... jones at his best would have gutted calzaghe like a fish..
King Eugene
QUOTE (Keith @ Feb 24 2010, 08:29 PM) *

Call me good! Hell I even found a couple of clean combos Jones landed on Johnson. At the end of the day he still got thumped! Oh well...

I got a pretty funny sig but KK's take the cake. That hard ass dude on some damn skates. LMAO...dont get me wrong I like to skate my damn self but that shit was hilarious.
King Eugene
Interesting matchup. Pascal is a pretty tough dude but I've seen him hurt before as well Dawson. Both have pretty good stamina as well. I see it as being a close decision for either warranting a rematch.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Feb 25 2010, 02:27 AM) *
This would be a pretty interesting fight. I haven't seen a whole lot of Pascal but I saw his fight against Dianocu and I was pretty impressed. On what I saw in that fight, Pascal is definitely a shot at this. I also understand he moved up as well and I hear he looks better since the move up as well.

Absolutely. I would love to see this fight more than any other fight at this weight.
JLUVBABY
what do you guys think of johnsons chances vs cloud coming up?... i think johnson can win that fight...
King Eugene
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=25760

Its on August 14th! This is going to be one hell of a match.
Lil-lightsout
This should be one helluva entertaining scrap! No clear cut winner in this one.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 4 2010, 06:27 AM) *
This should be one helluva entertaining scrap! No clear cut winner in this one.

Not at all. I'm trying to break it down to myself but see so many similarities between the too. I figure it will be a chest match.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 4 2010, 06:28 AM) *
Not at all. I'm trying to break it down to myself but see so many similarities between the too. I figure it will be a chest match.

Chest match??? What's that? laugh.gif Kidding.

I think Pascal will take it to Dawson and try and hurt him considering Dawson has been hurt and down before. Pascal has a good opportunity to make a name for himself if he wins impressively. I like Pascal's energy and stamina, and Chad sometimes only fights in spurts and is not busy enough. So just maybe Pascals pressure will get to Dawson? Definately an interesting fight and great test for Dawson.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 4 2010, 06:34 AM) *
Chest match??? What's that? laugh.gif Kidding.

I think Pascal will take it to Dawson and try and hurt him considering Dawson has been hurt and down before. Pascal has a good opportunity to make a name for himself if he wins impressively. I like Pascal's energy and stamina, and Chad sometimes only fights in spurts and is not busy enough. So just maybe Pascals pressure will get to Dawson? Definately an interesting fight and great test for Dawson.

Chad is a pretty good counter puncher as well and when he throws shots he doesn't just throw at one time. I can see some pretty good exchanges in this one. If Pascal pressures he will fall right into Dawson's game plan. Both Dawson and Pascal are athletic I believe Dawson's movement is better than Pascals. I got Dawson by close UD but he has a real good chance at getting hurt though.
D-MARV
I wish this fight would happen sooner... August means almost a year off for Dawson. His handlers are doing a poor job with keeping him busy. He needs to take a tune up in May!

Pascal presents a tough challenge. But, I think he will bring out the best in Dawson and Dawson will win in impressive fashion.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This will be one hell of a matchup. Pascal is super fast, and is coming off two impressive wins over Dianconu. I thought he was rocked in a fight on ESPN against a lesser opponent a couple years ago when they tried to make Miranda-Pascal. Dawson's a pretty fast guy, and I'm curious as to how Pascal will handle those fast precise shots. If he an, and is fast enough to reach Dawson this fight will be great. I think he has a shot, but will lose a decision.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.