Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No American TV for Klit vs. Chambers
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
MarzB
I'm not a fan of either Klichko but I will give them respect in that they atleast show up in shape and despite having an awkward skillset, they're very effective at what they do.

That said,I know boxing is niche sport now but surely I never would have thought it would be this bad where a decent fight(I hope) is relegated STRAIGHT to the internet, wow!

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2010/02/wladim...et-only-for-15/

Considering HBO showed such duds as Klich vs. Austin/Brewster II/Ibragmov(induce vomitting)/ and other duds that I don't want to go through the effort to looking up because they're GONE from my long term memory thank god.

While chambers was awful IMO against Povetkin, he's looked great as of late and I was really hoping he wouldn't have that soft belly this fight because if he doesn't, and he can use his fast hands He could make an entertaining fight with Klichko. I'd be rooting for him to win but I don't think he is.

The problem is, "we won't get to see it" (stateside) in a mass offering of sorts.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 24 2010, 05:10 PM) *
I'm not a fan of either Klichko but I will give them respect in that they atleast show up in shape and despite having an awkward skillset, they're very effective at what they do.

That said,I know boxing is niche sport now but surely I never would have thought it would be this bad where a decent fight(I hope) is relegated STRAIGHT to the internet, wow!

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2010/02/wladim...et-only-for-15/

Considering HBO showed such duds as Klich vs. Austin/Brewster II/Ibragmov(induce vomitting)/ and other duds that I don't want to go through the effort to looking up because they're GONE from my long term memory thank god.

While chambers was awful IMO against Povetkin, he's looked great as of late and I was really hoping he wouldn't have that soft belly this fight because if he doesn't, and he can use his fast hands He could make an entertaining fight with Klichko. I'd be rooting for him to win but I don't think he is.

The problem is, "we won't get to see it" (stateside) in a mass offering of sorts.

i havent read the article but wat are the chances of espn2 picking this fight up?... seems theyve broadcast the last few klit fights...
Romulus9
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 24 2010, 08:06 PM) *
i havent read the article but wat are the chances of espn2 picking this fight up?... seems theyve broadcast the last few klit fights...

HBO and ESPN have declined. Rather than look for other distribution options, Klitschko essentially decided to put the fight on the web and do it PPV (which I can't imagine paying $15 for).

I would have liked to have seen it offered on DirecTV & inDemand PPV (a la Valuev-Haye) if the first two options were unavailable. I mean, if you're going to do a $15 internet PPV, then why not have a television PPV at a reduced price to drive the buy rate up? In the days of $50 HBO PPV cards, I bet a $20 PPV would do nice buy numbers in the United States with a heavyweight championship on the line.
thehype
Who cares? When was the last time you were entertained by a Klitschko fight anyway?

laugh.gif
Romulus9
QUOTE (thehype @ Feb 24 2010, 08:38 PM) *
Who cares? When was the last time you were entertained by a Klitschko fight anyway?

laugh.gif

Hmmm... the first Lamon Brewster fight?

Probably the most recent one...
alaganza
QUOTE (MarzB @ Feb 24 2010, 06:10 PM) *

How blessed is this country

thumbsup_anim.gif
d843
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Feb 24 2010, 08:06 PM) *
I assume all the major networks over here must of finally told both of them fucks to fuck off.which is a good thing.but you can bet yur ass they'll make a ton of bread without any usa networks.as bad as these dudes piss me the fuck off,I'll probably be finding myself on on the web trying to find a feed just for love of the sport.IT SURE WOULD BE NICE IF CHAMBERS COULD PULL THIS SHIT OFF!YEA I KNOW,PRETTY SLIM CHANCE
Romulus9
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 24 2010, 09:38 PM) *
It would do much nicer numbers if it was Klit v "the semi human garbage disposal."

That'd be worth $35, with a $5 rebate from Burger King.
Jack 1000
While it is a world heavyweight title fight and SHOULD be televised, I don't think HBO wanted to chance another boring Klitschko fight. The Klitschko's have disappointed (both of them) in recent USA TV outings. Maybe by not doing this fight, they can showcase better action fights in the smaller weight divisions where the action is more likely to occur.

Personally, I wish there was more action in the heavyweight division. But HBO has gone to the well too many times with the Klitschkos' and the network came up dry with boring fights once too often. People want to see action, and the Klitschkos have not brought action to a fight for a long time.

Jack
thehype
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Feb 24 2010, 10:23 PM) *
While it is a world heavyweight title fight and SHOULD be televised...

Who cares if it's a heavyweight title fight? What gives a heavyweight more right to be televised than a flyweight?

dntknw.gif

Television is for entertainment and quite frankly, if you're not entertaining, then you shouldn't televised...no matter what division you fight in.

The Klit Sister, Vitalia and Wladimaria, are boring as all fvck. They should EARN the right to fight on television. I'm sorry, but no matter what Alphabet trinket they're fighting for or defending, if they're not going to be entertaining, then they don't deserve to be televised. And to be honest, that goes for Eddie Chamber's ass too!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Romulus9
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 24 2010, 09:58 PM) *
I prefer Dairy Queen.

If it's Toney, it has to be Burger King!
King Eugene
QUOTE (thehype @ Feb 25 2010, 12:55 AM) *
Who cares if it's a heavyweight title fight? What gives a heavyweight more right to be televised than a flyweight?

dntknw.gif

Television is for entertainment and quite frankly, if you're not entertaining, then you shouldn't televised...no matter what division you fight in.

The Klit Sister, Vitalia and Wladimaria, are boring as all fvck. They should EARN the right to fight on television. I'm sorry, but no matter what Alphabet trinket they're fighting for or defending, if they're not going to be entertaining, then they don't deserve to be televised. And to be honest, that goes for Eddie Chamber's ass too!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

PREACH....CHURCH....TABERNACLE
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Feb 25 2010, 12:55 AM) *

dntknw.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Damn!!! I can not believe how much I have been agreeing 100% on alot of the stuff you have been saying lately.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Feb 25 2010, 12:46 AM) *
If it's Toney, it has to be Burger King!

Burger King!!! The Official Sponsor of James "Eats Out" Toney!!! thumbsup_anim.gif Hahahaha!

Jack

Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Feb 24 2010, 07:40 PM) *
Hmmm... the first Lamon Brewster fight?

Probably the most recent one...

Ha ha.

Yes indeed. Very entertaining.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (d843 @ Feb 24 2010, 07:53 PM) *
I assume all the major networks over here must of finally told both of them fucks to fuck off.which is a good thing.but you can bet yur ass they'll make a ton of bread without any usa networks.as bad as these dudes piss me the fuck off,I'll probably be finding myself on on the web trying to find a feed just for love of the sport.IT SURE WOULD BE NICE IF CHAMBERS COULD PULL THIS SHIT OFF!YEA I KNOW,PRETTY SLIM CHANCE

Hmmmm.

If Chambers can get past Klitschko's jab....
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Nay_Sayer @ Feb 26 2010, 01:43 PM) *
Hmmmm.

If Chambers can get past Klitschko's jab....

chambers would have to fight the most disiplined fight of his life...
Jack 1000
What's up here?

Max Boxing still has the fight listed for HBO as of today: February 26, 2010. I wonder if Marty has the right information, and Dan is wrong?

http://www.maxboxing.com/fight-schedule

Maybe, if Dan is right, ESPN will do a last minute switch and pick it up. However, I have to agree, it will be another Klitschko bore-snore with Klitschko winning by UD.

Jack
EvanKorn
No last minute switch will happen: It will be offered online.

http://newyork.fighthype.com/2010/02/25/no...schko-chambers/
Jack 1000
QUOTE (EvanKorn @ Feb 27 2010, 08:08 AM) *
No last minute switch will happen: It will be offered online.

http://newyork.fighthype.com/2010/02/25/no...schko-chambers/

Thanks Evan,

Jack
Romulus9
If we have to settle for an internet stream for a fight for the heavyweight championship, I hope they'll at least be honest, straight-forward, and use some common sense...

and have this steaming pile of a matchup sponsored by Sominex.

What a bunch of crap.

I outright refuse to pay 15 bucks to watch this garbage online. I thought I had HBO and Showtime (and ESPN and Fox Sports Net and every other sports outlet available in the United States) so this wouldn't be an issue.
Thegreatequalizer
yeah, my main problem with this is that boring boxing is better than no boxing. i hate these gaps in saturday fights. there should be fights on tv every saturday. there's so much mma garbage that gets shown on tv, what's wrong with more boxing? is it because boxers make/demand more money? anyway, it's annoying. last year was very spotty and this year isn't looking much better so far.
Romulus9
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Feb 27 2010, 03:31 PM) *
yeah, my main problem with this is that boring boxing is better than no boxing. i hate these gaps in saturday fights. there should be fights on tv every saturday. there's so much mma garbage that gets shown on tv, what's wrong with more boxing? is it because boxers make/demand more money? anyway, it's annoying. last year was very spotty and this year isn't looking much better so far.

Considering their frequency AND their quality, I couldn't be more thankful for Showtime's ShoBox series.

At least one and sometimes two shows a month. High quality. Good commentary. Good fights. The don't suck at the teat of Golden Boy Promotions like the Boxing After Dark series has done for the last couple of years (degrading what started out as a tremendous series).

While unlikely, but not impossible, I'd like to see Showtime re-enter the PPV market, but do so in a way that avoids the $50+ price tag (that THEY started with the Tyson comeback trail) and encourages a bigger buy rate, more coverage, and a respect for the consumer. It could help them a great deal, and would certainly be good for the sport.
Romulus9
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 27 2010, 07:22 PM) *
I certainly did not mean to suggest that I would pay $15 for this fight online.

Didn't mean to insinuate that.

Just ranting.
JLUVBABY
im willing to bet this fight does terrible online... streams are not always reliable and can be choppy at best even on the best of computers... also from what ive read the klitschkos website is very slow as is so what of the extra usage on the site from those that will want to tune in?... wont that cause an even slower server or what not?...
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 28 2010, 03:47 AM) *
There has to be traffic to slow down the servers. I don't think that will be the problem.

lol beardo...
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Feb 27 2010, 03:58 PM) *
Considering their frequency AND their quality, I couldn't be more thankful for Showtime's ShoBox series.

At least one and sometimes two shows a month. High quality. Good commentary. Good fights. The don't suck at the teat of Golden Boy Promotions like the Boxing After Dark series has done for the last couple of years (degrading what started out as a tremendous series).

While unlikely, but not impossible, I'd like to see Showtime re-enter the PPV market, but do so in a way that avoids the $50+ price tag (that THEY started with the Tyson comeback trail) and encourages a bigger buy rate, more coverage, and a respect for the consumer. It could help them a great deal, and would certainly be good for the sport.

couldn't agree more (though they do show some favoritism sometimes too). showtime has consistently done a better job of matchmaking the past few years over hbo hands down.

i think the ppv thing is kind of bs. they complain about boxing not being as popular as other sports, well, then don't charge people $50 to watch it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.