Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NFL Draft Thread
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Spyder
Now that the sorry ass playoffs are over, we can start talking about the most exciting time of the year for Detroit fans...THE DRAFT!

Does anyone think that the Bucs will make a move for Suh? They have 5 picks in the top 100, so they definitely have the ammo...I've heard that they're talking about dealing Josh Johnson, their #3 pick, and a 3rd rounder to the Rams, but that has yet to be confirmed by St Louis.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 27 2010, 11:17 AM) *
Now that the sorry ass playoffs are over, we can start talking about the most exciting time of the year for Detroit fans...THE DRAFT!

Does anyone think that the Bucs will make a move for Suh? They have 5 picks in the top 100, so they definitely have the ammo...I've heard that they're talking about dealing Josh Johnson, their #3 pick, and a 3rd rounder to the Rams, but that has yet to be confirmed by St Louis.

I say the Bucs stand pat because either Suh or McCoy will be there for them anyway. Rams are taking Bradford because they refuse to pay that kind of money to a defensive player.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 27 2010, 11:19 AM) *
I say the Bucs stand pat because either Suh or McCoy will be there for them anyway. Rams are taking Bradford because they refuse to pay that kind of money to a defensive player.

Right now they're talking up Eric Berry...I wouldn't be mad at that, but Suh is a game changer. Like Warren Sapp when they drafted him.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 27 2010, 11:59 AM) *
Right now they're talking up Eric Berry...I wouldn't be mad at that, but Suh is a game changer. Like Warren Sapp when they drafted him.

Berry is a stud, but my guess is that they rate him third. I think if either McCoy or Suh are there, they are going to be doing backflips.

Don't remind me on Sapp...Jets had him #1 overall on their board and passed because of some weed. Instead they took Kyle Brady...HORRIBLE.
Spyder
LMAO...Rich McKay had the best drafts of ANY Bucs GM. When you think about how long the Bucs sucked for, they had a lot of high picks. But Rich McKay stayed in Florida and drafted the superstars from UF, FSU, and Miami. Those drafts created the team that won the Super Bowl.

I only say that, because Sapp was drafted by Rich. I don't know much about our new guy, but I like what he says. You gotta build a franchise through the draft.

Hopefully they can land Suh...McCoy is good, but Suh seems special. I would almost rather them draft Berry than McCoy. Berry and Tenard Jackson running the cover 2...that shit would be SICK!
JD
From what I am reading, a lot of teams actually have McCoy ahead of Suh.

I would not be shocked to see Tampa look at Okung either...how many reps did he do? 38?!?
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 27 2010, 11:33 PM) *

I would not be shocked to see Tampa look at Okung either...how many reps did he do? 38?!?

I would be extremely disappointed if Tampa passed up on one of the defensive studs for an offensive lineman. In fact, if they take anyone besides Suh, McCoy, or Berry I'll be pissed like I was when they took Gaines Adams.

Okung injured his groin during workouts. My boy Tebow just ran his first 40 at 4.7...and had the top QB vertical at 38 and change.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 28 2010, 11:29 AM) *
I would be extremely disappointed if Tampa passed up on one of the defensive studs for an offensive lineman. In fact, if they take anyone besides Suh, McCoy, or Berry I'll be pissed like I was when they took Gaines Adams.

Okung injured his groin during workouts. My boy Tebow just ran his first 40 at 4.7...and had the top QB vertical at 38 and change.

Now if only he could throw.

I said third rd for Timmy Boy.

There are some rumors that the Lions love Okung at the 2 spot...I guess there are some scenarios where both McCoy and Suh could be there. Either way, it sure looks like Bradford will go to the Rams.

The guy I am hoping the Jets land is Demaryius Thomas...with that broken foot, he should be there at the end of the first.
Spyder
The Jets just released Thomas Jones...strange. He was great for you guys last season, so there must be a RB that the Jets are looking at.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Feb 28 2010, 12:08 PM) *
The Jets just released Thomas Jones...strange. He was great for you guys last season, so there must be a RB that the Jets are looking at.

He was due a $3.5mm roster bonus that they were not going to pay. They asked him to restructure, he asked them to eff off.

Leon Washington is ahead of schedule, and Shonn Greene was the heir apparent...as a rookie he was outstanding in the playoffs while Jones sat idle and tired. They will likely add someone else but no big name - this is Shonn Greene's backfield now.
Spyder
I still can't believe that the Bucs cut Thomas in favor of Pittman...Bruce Allen was a fucking joke.
JD
I thought they just let him walk...jeez...Allen cut him?

You reading a lot of draft stuff? Seems like Suh and McCoy are 1A and 1B...Schefter is taking bets now that Bradford goes #1 to the Rams.
Spyder
If Bradford goes number 1, then things will get REAL interesting for the Bucs. They have a definite need in the middle of the D-line...something that Suh or McCoy would fill perfectly. But word around Tampa is that Berry is already a done deal. This is what he said to the St Pete Times over the weekend...

"Definitely, going to Tampa, that's easy. I already know their playbook. I already know everything from the D-line to the linebackers to the corners. I know what they're supposed to do and where they're supposed to be at."

That is a lot of confidence coming from a kid more than a month away from draft day.
JD
Yeah...I think it is wishful thinking on his part, unless both DT's are gone - then yeah, I could see it. Though it would give Tampa a great chance to trade out of the 3 spot to a team who wants a QB. Seattle? Cleveland? Washington? Jacksonville?

Taking a safety at 3 is rarely done...and I gotta believe that if Bradford goes 1, which it really sounds like he will, the fans in Tampa will lose it should they pass on McCoy or Suh.
hardhead
QUOTE (JD @ Feb 28 2010, 04:33 AM) *

McCoy shouldn't even be in the same conversation as Suh imo.

Suh was far more dominant throughout his career against the same comp as McCoy...Mccoy to me is much more hype than Suh...I don't think Bradford is worth a number one pick simply because he has more questions/flags(injuries, never being under center, and losing the big games). I think the Rams will REGRET seriously passing on Suh or any other team for that matter.

Spyder
QUOTE (hardhead @ Mar 3 2010, 09:51 PM) *
McCoy shouldn't even be in the same conversation as Suh imo.

Suh was far more dominant throughout his career against the same comp as McCoy...Mccoy to me is much more hype than Suh...I don't think Bradford is worth a number one pick simply because he has more questions/flags(injuries, never being under center, and losing the big games). I think the Rams will REGRET seriously passing on Suh or any other team for that matter.

The Bucs won't regret the Rams passing on Suh. laugh.gif
JD
While Suh seems like the better prospect, a lot of scouts seem to think McCoy has a higher ceiling. Apparently if the draft were today, the Rams would take McCoy or Bradford. If they took McCoy, the Lions would be doing backflips because they will trade out to whoever wants the QB and the Bucs land Suh.

Either way, it looks like the Bucs are going to be in a position to land one of those DT's.
Spyder
I've read that too, but I just don't see it. This is the time of year that a player gets a shitload of press, and then never amounts to anything.

Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Gaines Adams...Gerald McCoy?
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 4 2010, 08:16 AM) *
I've read that too, but I just don't see it. This is the time of year that a player gets a shitload of press, and then never amounts to anything.

Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Gaines Adams...Gerald McCoy?

They may not have amounted to anything...but they still went high in the draft, and in the end, that's all you care about right now.

My guess is that Bradford goes 1, Suh goes 2, and the Bucs go McCoy at 3.
Method
Bradford seems so fucking frail to me. I dont think I'd want him as my QB.
Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Mar 4 2010, 08:22 AM) *
They may not have amounted to anything...but they still went high in the draft, and in the end, that's all you care about right now.

My guess is that Bradford goes 1, Suh goes 2, and the Bucs go McCoy at 3.

Yeah, but I want them to make a smart pick. At #3, that player should be able to step in and make an immediate impact. I don't want a project player like the Gaines Adams/Kenyatta Walker experiments. lol

I've just seen the Bucs blow it on draft day too many times.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 4 2010, 10:36 AM) *
Yeah, but I want them to make a smart pick. At #3, that player should be able to step in and make an immediate impact. I don't want a project player like the Gaines Adams/Kenyatta Walker experiments. lol

I've just seen the Bucs blow it on draft day too many times.

I think McCoy or Suh could play day one...they are both terrific prospects.

I would say have faith...but yeah...maybe not.
JD
That was a busy first day.
OaktownGhost
OAKLAND RAIDERS FTW
JD
QUOTE (OaktownGhost @ Mar 7 2010, 09:33 PM) *
OAKLAND RAIDERS FTW

I feel bad for you, man. Until Al Davis becomes unable to get out of bad, your franchise is fucked.
King Eugene
Somebody please explain to me why The Patriots drafting Tebow is a good move? I just done see it. He's no Matt Cassel. I could see the Panthers(God I hope not) or the Redskins but I dont understand the Patriots.

On another note I hope the Panthers lobby for Vick but its not happening. The owner has a history of straying away from players with off the field issues but hey a guy can hope.
JD
Belicheck would get Tebow for the sole purpose of causing matchup issues. Put him under center on 4th and 1 and see what happens. As for Cassel, he is not very good...statistically the guy only put up numbers out of the shotgun, it was really the system.

On Vick, no one wants him...I was reading an article where most scouts feel as though he has lost a step or two and he was never a great passer to begin with...who knows, maybe someone panics before camp, but as of now, he is staying put.
Spyder
I think that Belicheck will draft Tebow for the sole purpose of getting that kid in the locker room. Say what you want about Tim, but he's a born leader. That kid is a great competitor, and brings everyone else around him up to that level.

He'll be used in the NFL similar to how the Gators used him to win his first National Title. Short yardage situations...bring him off the bench and give EVERYONE a lift.

The New England fans will love him too. Don't forget that Urban and Bill are boys...
JD
I think the big key is Urban and Bill being boys. Belicheck has spoken glowingly about him, so even if the Pats do not land Tebow, he is going to help get him take higher than he probably should be.

No way does Tebow get past New England's 47 or 53 in the second.

I don't like Tebow one bit...but that's me. Belicheck will find a use for him if they take him.
Spyder
Tebow is a good investment type of player. He won't have a huge initial impact, but he'll pay off in the long run. Any team that can afford to wait on that payoff will be looking really hard at him.
JD
I am just not sure on Tebow in the pro's.

As for Viking fans...you have to laugh now. The Vikes have a chance to trade for McNabb, who knows the system they run and wants to go there - but the Vikings won't do anything until they know Favre's plans, and Favre is quite clearly not going to give them so much as an indication as to what he will do for a while now. So, by the time Favre makes up his mind, McNabb will be long gone.
Spyder
I had a dream the other night that St Louis took Bradford, and Detroit took Okung to protect Stafford...leaving Suh for the Bucs!

thumbsup_anim.gif
JD
That is a distinct possibility. Detroit apparently loves Okung...

But man, if you are St Louis, don't you just deal the 2 for McNabb and take Suh #1?

It's not like they are in a killer division, with those two moves would it really shock you to see them compete in the West?

Spyder
St Louis needs a lot. It's going to be a while for them.
King Eugene
Donovan is with Washington so now Kolb has the keys. We'll see how long it takes before Vick becomes the starter and eventually gets booed out of Philly.
JD
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 6 2010, 02:27 AM) *
Donovan is with Washington so now Kolb has the keys. We'll see how long it takes before Vick becomes the starter and eventually gets booed out of Philly.

Vick will not be the starter in Philly at any point.

Even if Kolb struggles at times this year, his first year as a starter, they will stick with him because he is their future at QB. The situation is similar to what the Pack dealt with a few years ago when they had Rodgers ready to take over, and Favre still in the fold...granted, Favre was making them deal with the retirement talk, but it was still past vs future.

Spyder
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 6 2010, 08:17 AM) *
Vick will not be the starter in Philly at any point.

Even if Kolb struggles at times this year, his first year as a starter, they will stick with him because he is their future at QB. The situation is similar to what the Pack dealt with a few years ago when they had Rodgers ready to take over, and Favre still in the fold...granted, Favre was making them deal with the retirement talk, but it was still past vs future.

Right. You gotta feel for Jason Campbell. That guy may become a career back-up after this.
JD
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 6 2010, 08:20 AM) *
Right. You gotta feel for Jason Campbell. That guy may become a career back-up after this.

Yeah...and you have to really feel for him since the team didn't even bother to tell him. He found out when a reporter from one of the Washington papers called to ask him about the deal...he was like "What happened?"
King Eugene
QUOTE (JD @ Apr 6 2010, 07:31 AM) *
Yeah...and you have to really feel for him since the team didn't even bother to tell him. He found out when a reporter from one of the Washington papers called to ask him about the deal...he was like "What happened?"

Yea I read about that. Such a slap in the face. This man did everything he could to get better but his supporting cast done everything they could to not make him better. Coming out of Auburn I thought he was going to be a force in the league. He's gotten here and is damn near about to be foreced out.
JD
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 6 2010, 09:29 AM) *
Yea I read about that. Such a slap in the face. This man did everything he could to get better but his supporting cast done everything they could to not make him better. Coming out of Auburn I thought he was going to be a force in the league. He's gotten here and is damn near about to be foreced out.

It's kind of tough to improve when your O-line is garbage, the playcalling sucks, and the teams receiving corps is caca.

Buffalo should make a move for him.
Warlord
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 6 2010, 01:27 AM) *

Vick will probably end up in Carolina, and then we'll see what happens from there. That's the kind of team he should be on anyway. A run-heavy team that chews up a lot of time on offense, coupled with a pretty good defense.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Campbell will get a shot elsewhere. He has a lot of talent and there are teams out there still looking for QB's. I could see Buffalo giving him a shot, or even Carolina if they don't believe in Moore at starter. I think he'll be fine. He had a good year in 07, and was looking great for the first six weeks of 08. Look at Derek Anderson. He's coming off his worst year, which I believe is around a 39 passer rating, and signs a $7 million deal with the Cards. He'll probably compete with Leinart, and may start. I look at Jason Campbell, yea he'll find a home. Christ if the Browns hadn't picked up Delhomme, I'd love that move. Campbell would be way better than Jake at QB right now.
BGv2.0
Congrats JD!

You guys took yet another Steeler from us!

I don't know how but going all the way back to Neal...you guys have a nack for getting big names from Steel town.

I know Holmes had problems....but IMHO..he was not so bad as to give him away. If Big Ben does not stop raping women right and left....his ass might be gone as well. I've heard rumors to that effect.

I have to admit I do respect the Steeler Organization for keeping their players in check and making them understand that BS will not be accepted...but letting Holmes go to prove that point....well...I just hope it's worth it.

I mean...I don't want to have a team of jail birds liek the Bungles....but I sure hate losing such a WR.

AND...you guys got LT as well....

I'm a Steeler fan through and through....but I gotta say...I can't wait to see what the Jets look like next year!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.