Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Marvin Sonsona vs. Wilfredo Vazquez Jr
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
BigG
For the Vacant WBO Super Flyweight Title

Marvin Sonsona (14-0-1, 12 ko's) vs. Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (17-0-1, 14 KO's)
yuca
QUOTE (BigG @ Feb 27 2010, 08:38 PM) *
For the Vacant WBO Super Flyweight Title

Marvin Sonsona (14-0-1, 12 ko's) vs. Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. (17-0-1, 14 KO's)

WV2
Wins by ko4! Beautiful body work on the ropes. Sonsona needs 2 go down one division.
Wilfredo vazquez jr becomes together with his father the first father/son to become world champions in the same weight:)!
yuca
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 28 2010, 12:59 AM) *
Vasquez Jr took him out in the 4th. Anyone see it?

Great win. I think sonsona going up 2 divisions had something to do with it. WV2 did very good for not having any amateur background.
Mayol got kod by nino when he dropped his hands after an accidental low blow.
Protect yourself at all times.
torvix2000
LOL! The WBC saved itself from embarassment by vetoing the ref's decision. A technical draw instead for Mayol.
kidbazooka1
I was impressed by Sonsona when he won the title from Jose Lopez but his last two fights have been disapoinments. Don't know if it's his camp, age or what but he didn't look like the same guy who fought for the title not saying he would have beaten vasquez but he just didn't look all there. Also during the weigh ins vasquez was really trying to get to Sonosnas head he was flexing and all up in his face im sure he was hoeping that would get to him and maybe it did being that Sonosna is only 19 yrs old.

Vasquez on the other hand looked great i think he can make some noise at 122lb.
BigG
Vazquez looked so much stronger than Sonsona..

Sonsona needs to move down in weight. He's only 19 and remember Pacquiao also got KO'd at that age but he should move down to 118...
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (BigG @ Feb 27 2010, 11:58 PM) *
Vazquez looked so much stronger than Sonsona..

Sonsona needs to move down in weight. He's only 19 and remember Pacquiao also got KO'd at that age but he should move down to 118...

Sonsona let that title win in September get to his head, he let himself get caught up in the glory so hopefully this loss will help him regain his poise and shrink his head a bit...hopefully he doesn't turn into another filipino bust who had alot of potential AKA Rey "boom boom" Bautista
BigG
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Feb 28 2010, 08:14 AM) *
Sonsona let that title win in September get to his head, he let himself get caught up in the glory so hopefully this loss will help him regain his poise and shrink his head a bit...hopefully he doesn't turn into another filipino bust who had alot of potential AKA Rey "boom boom" Bautista

I think Sonsona is better than Boom Boom without a doubt..he has what it takes to be at the top one of these days.. I did hear that he hasn't been training as hard as he should be though for his last 2 fights.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (BigG @ Feb 28 2010, 12:44 AM) *
I think Sonsona is better than Boom Boom without a doubt..he has what it takes to be at the top one of these days.. I did hear that he hasn't been training as hard as he should be though for his last 2 fights.

He definitely let that title win get to his head, he wasn't reporting to training camp, showing up late, giving a half assed effort and partying hard according to news reports from the phillipines. I agree he is MUCH better than Boom Boom i just hope he can rebound and stay level headed after this loss and not fall off the wagon he definitely has alot of potential ithink he could be at the same level as Nonito Donaire with the right mentality
kidbazooka1
I agree once Sonsona got a taste of the good life he wasn't the same which is understandable for a 19yr old but he's still has a lot of time to improve if he wants but all that shouldn't take away from Vasquez win though.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 1 2010, 10:35 PM) *
I agree once Sonsona got a taste of the good life he wasn't the same which is understandable for a 19yr old but he's still has a lot of time to improve if he wants but all that shouldn't take away from Vasquez win though.

I wouldn't take anything away from Vazquez he's definitely the real deal at 122, I read reports from the Phils that Marvin Sonsona has contemplated quitting on several occassions since his heart isn't in it as he's been boxing his whole life. I hope this isn't the case, the kids got a ton of potential he just needs a fresh start and new mindset
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.