Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Antonio Escalante vs Miguel Roman
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Spyder
I must be the only one to have seen Friday Night Fights this week...but that scrap was pure entertainment. It wasn't fought on a high level, so any of the superfights we have coming up could easily surpass it. But as of right now, that is the FOTY.
The CEO
I saw it, and I agree...it could possibly end up winning FOTY....

It had almost everything you could want in a fight...a interesting back story, a furious pace, hearts and chins on display, trash talkin'/taunting, and tremendous respect given...

Reminds me...you know you're a HARDCORE Boxing fan when you describe a war like that as "beautiful"...lol
Thegreatequalizer
i don't know about foty, but it was definitely a solid, exciting, and dramatic fight. escalante definitely showed some toughness and determination to beat roman. and even with the supposed bad blood, a good show of sportsmanship from both guys. much respect!
Spyder
I loved when Roman crossed his arms in the 9th round in reaction to Antonio backing off...even held it with Escalante's feint. It WAS beautiful!
Romulus9
Certainly fight of the month. Hard to argue that.

Just finished watching it again on DVD (I was a little distracted during the live broadcast but caught most of it).

Great, great fight. One of those fights that piques the interest of the 'casual' fans and leaves them wanting more. The more of those wars we have on TV, the better.

You just never know what some of the megafights will offer but a fight like this had 'war' written all over it. A nice finale for February.

We've got a big, big month of March coming up. Can't wait.
Spyder
QUOTE (Romulus9 @ Feb 28 2010, 03:03 PM) *
Certainly fight of the month. Hard to argue that.

Just finished watching it again on DVD (I was a little distracted during the live broadcast but caught most of it).

Great, great fight. One of those fights that piques the interest of the 'casual' fans and leaves them wanting more. The more of those wars we have on TV, the better.

You just never know what some of the megafights will offer but a fight like this had 'war' written all over it. A nice finale for February.

We've got a big, big month of March coming up. Can't wait.

You know, I watched the fight live...only half paying attention...then after the final bell, even BEFORE they read the scorecards...I rewound my DVR and watched the whole fight again! lol

It wasn't until the second viewing that I even knew what the judges scores were. It just gave me the feeling of, "I gotta see that shit again!"
EpTXCHAMP
great action would not mind seeing escalante in their with Juanma or perhaps gamboa just to test their heart.
Spyder
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Feb 28 2010, 10:01 PM) *
lol...that is the word I was about to utilize, Boss. Just finished watching it. Two warriors are going to have to just about kill each other to beat this one out for FOTY.

The only thing that might hold it back from FOTY is that there was absolutely NO DEFENSE. It had everything else that you would expect a fight to have...drama, history, struggle, heart, overcoming adversity...it was a spectacle. But I was also reminded of the Marquez-Vasquez fights, and the fact that THOSE fights were fought at the highest level.

That MIGHT hold this one back if any of the Super Fights can live up to their billing. But as far as PURE entertainment value...EVERYONE in El Paso got their money's worth.
Fitz
I might have to try catch it. Though not having seen it, I can already agree with some who say that it not being fought at the highest quality is holding it back. I am usually pretty fussy about calling a fight FOTY if it doesn't posses much skill.
Even Williams-Quintanna is holding me back a little at this stage because Williams was really poor that night and it was a fight that I felt people were capitalising mistakes on bad errors rather than creating them with good skill.
I always love watching a good fight between guys that just know how to fight, but I struggle to sometimes call them a FOTY.
kidbazooka1
FOTY in my opinon so far Esacalante is the real deal he deserves a title shot asap.
Jack 1000
I missed it!

So I plan to DVR the replay on ESPN 2 Friday at 1:00 am (CST) (Thursday night into Friday morning) I hope they don't screw this up!

Jack
mexi-cutioner
I watched it last night for the first time and I took sleeping pills to help me fall asleep during the fight and I still stayed awake due to how entertaining it was. It was definitely one of those fights that made you want to call up all your friends and tell them to tune in whether or not they are into boxing
Snoop
Just saw the fight. Definitely FOTY so far, but that's kind of because there just haven't been a lot of fights in 2010. Entertaining scrap lacking a lot of skill, but IMO it didn't reach the magnitude of a non-skill slugfest like Ward/Gatti or even Biko/Codrington. But it was cool to see the level of respect from the two fighters, especially since they were childhood rivals.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.