Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pacquiao vs Clottey Picks
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Snoop
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been yet, but I'm interested in knowing who here is actually giving Clottey a shot.
Snoop
I had a poll on here. Could one of the mods add it?

Just three options though: 1) Pacquiao 2) Clottey 3) Draw
lloyd mayflower
Il vote when the poll comes up, for Pac. I have learned not to doubt him. Although there is the distinct possibilty that once I join the bandwagon of picking him to win for a change he'll go ahead and get sparked, dont see it tho. Pac by stoppage, ~ rounds 8-10
King Eugene
I'll pick Pacquiao with the hopes of jinxing him!
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 3 2010, 07:23 AM) *

laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 3 2010, 01:29 AM) *
laugh.gif

I've learned to deal with it laugh.gif
Fitz
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 3 2010, 05:23 PM) *

Hey man, I would love it if that actually came off. If it does, you can have my sig for a week or two laugh.gif

I mean that, you would deserve it, and you would become my new favourite poster, lol.
Provo209
Pacroid in 10,Clottey is going to get tagged all night trying to chase Pac and when Clottey gasses out he'll stand there covring up like he does and Pac will start to unleash punches..

But im going for Clottey .Fuck Pacroids.LOL

Man with 10 days left until this fight ,there is NO HYPE on this fight at all.....
D-MARV
Im going with Pacquiao TKO5... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Once Clottey figures out that there is nothing he can do to offfset Pacquiao he will find a way out! I also wouldn't throw away the possibility of a very bad stoppage.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Mar 3 2010, 08:04 AM) *
Pacroid in 10,Clottey is going to get tagged all night trying to chase Pac and when Clottey gasses out he'll stand there covring up like he does and Pac will start to unleash punches..

But im going for Clottey .Fuck Pacroids.LOL

Man with 10 days left until this fight ,there is NO HYPE on this fight at all.....

I was thinking that as well. Mayweather VS Mosley has certainly taken away some of the fight's luster.
salvador
I think Clottey has a very real shot unless there's some sort of corruption going on. Like everyone else, my assumption is that all close rounds will go to Pac and that Pac will win a fairly comfortable decision. But if there is a level playing field and if Clottey can counter Pac early and take him out of his rhythm like JMM did, Clottey has a shot.

Based on speed, angles, and his unusual strength and ability to take a punch at 147, I'd still say that Pac should be a 2-1 favorite. But counting Clottey out is crazy, as, at least on paper, Clottey is about the most formidable opponent Pac has ever faced (due to size, countering ability, chin).

I said it in another thread, but I think it's important about the styles. Clottey, on paper, is perfect for Pac because he doesn't throw enough punches. But the same is true of Pac, in that Pac is the perfect style for Clottey in that Pac will be coming forward attacking all night which should play to Clottey's strengths perfectly (Clottey can stay flat footed with his earmuffs up and pic Pac off as he darts in). It's obviously possible that Pac is too fast and clever for Clottey and Clottey won't be able to pic him off, but at the same time Clottey is at his best when the fight comes to him and at his worst when he has to follow guys around.

Clottey's counters are being underestimated here. He throws short, quick, and heavy counters and that is the best punch to throw against Pac's style. The last guy Pac faced with excellent countering skills was JMM, and Clottey's a lot bigger and stronger than JMM and his counters are a lot heavier. If Clottey would just throw some combos behind those counters (or concentrate his counters on Pac's chest), Clottey could damn well get the ko.

The CEO
Pacquiao by SU.
d843
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 3 2010, 01:23 AM) *
My heart says clotty but my head says pac.What a upset it would be if clotty could pull it off!
King Eugene
Manny is about to smoke Clottey. Dont forget how easily he was dropped by a Cotto jab. Manny's power mixed with speed and angles is going to give Clottey hell. He will break down and more steroid talk will happen.
mrwigi
im going out on a limb and pick Josh on this one.. i mean he is a bitch and all, but he has the skills physically, and fighting the right fight, he could very well surprise manny.
Snoop
LOL. I just noticed the header to the poll that the mod (I'm guessing is CEO) added. Just to be clear, I am FULLY on board with that theory.
The CEO
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 3 2010, 11:36 AM) *
LOL. I just noticed the header to the poll that the mod (I'm guessing is CEO) added. Just to be clear, I am FULLY on board with that theory.

... grin.gif
kidbazooka1
Pacqiuao by stoppage within 6 rds to the body.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 3 2010, 07:11 AM) *
Im going with Pacquiao TKO5... OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Once Clottey figures out that there is nothing he can do to offfset Pacquiao he will find a way out! I also wouldn't throw away the possibility of a very bad stoppage.

Fair or foul, Pacquaio is not losing this fight. That would kill the Mayweather fight from ever happening. The economics and politics will somehow prevent Clottey from winning. With the venue being Texas and such a large Pacquiao contingency there, sadly, Josh will not be able to win this fight on a decision. No fair treatment for Josh here. I cannot see him scoring a KO either.

The outcome becomes moot, but give me Pacquaio by UD.

Jack
Snoop
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 3 2010, 09:18 PM) *
Fair or foul, Pacquaio is not losing this fight. That would kill the Mayweather fight from ever happening. The economics and politics will somehow prevent Clottey from winning. With the venue being Texas and such a large Pacquiao contingency there, sadly, Josh will not be able to win this fight on a decision. No fair treatment for Josh here. I cannot see him scoring a KO either.

The outcome becomes moot, but give me Pacquaio by UD.

Jack

We should seriously start another poll, "Who thinks the Pacquiao vs Clottey fight is fixed." That's starting to become MORE interesting to me.
D-MARV
The fight is FIXED!

I wish Clottey accidently landed a perfect shot on the chin. I wonder how the ref would respond if Pacquiao was laid out motionless.
Snoop
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 3 2010, 10:56 PM) *
The fight is FIXED!

I wish Clottey accidently landed a perfect shot on the chin. I wonder how the ref would respond if Pacquiao was laid out motionless.

"Illegal usage of the fist" or "punching too hard" would turn the Clottey KO to a NC if that ever happened.
PR316
Pacquiao will become the first man to stop Clottey.

Pacquiao TKO 11
King Eugene
I'm telling you guys Pacquiao is going to straight smoke Clottey! I see it as he'll hurt him with a big shot and come in with a bunch of flurries with the ref stopping it and Clottey and his people arguing he could have kept fighting cause he wasn't hurt. I already chalked this one up as a stoppage for Manny.
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 4 2010, 01:05 AM) *
I'm telling you guys Pacquiao is going to straight smoke Clottey! I see it as he'll hurt him with a big shot and come in with a bunch of flurries with the ref stopping it and Clottey and his people arguing he could have kept fighting cause he wasn't hurt. I already chalked this one up as a stoppage for Manny.

Keep puttin' that energy into the universe King! thumbsup_anim.gif
d843
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 3 2010, 04:56 PM) *
The fight is FIXED!

WOW!I know this is off topic but I just seen on espn that james toney has just signed with the UFC!Dana white must have finally realized toney ain't now bum!and he had to come out his fuckn pocket
Spyder
Eugene is trying HARD to jinx this shit...lol
Keith
Manny. Manny. Manny. UD.

The human growth and epo will allow Manny will throw so many punches that his heart will explode.
Thegreatequalizer
clottey is a decent counter puncher and has a chance to possibly ko pac if he can time him right, but i think manny will be too quick for him. i'm leaning towards a mid rounds stoppage for manny but i wouldn't be surprised if it goes to a decision.
Fitz
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 4 2010, 11:19 AM) *
Eugene is trying HARD to jinx this shit...lol

I already told Eugene that if he jinx Pacquiao and Clottey wins, he can have my sig for a week or two. He will deserve it, and I would be very appreciative.
salvador
The more I think about it, the more I'm having a really bad feeling about this fight.

I really really really hope that this fight isn't close one way or another. I don't know if I could handle another obvious robbery. This sport really does need some policing with consequences.
Fitz
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 4 2010, 12:38 PM) *
The more I think about it, the more I'm having a really bad feeling about this fight.

I really really really hope that this fight isn't close one way or another. I don't know if I could handle another obvious robbery. This sport really does need some policing with consequences.

I was like you at the start. I was like, wow Clottey is very live in there, he is bigger and stronger than anybody Pacquiao has faced. I thought he was great value for money, but I didn't lay anything.
As time went on, I started having doubts, I started thinking and I just think Clottey is there for a pay check. I don't want to touch this fight, I only may if I put a $10-$20 multi bet (I think you call them parlays) on other events. I definitely am not touching this straight on the nose for Clottey though, if anything I could flirt with some money on Pacquiao.
I just don't have a good feeling either. Just everything about this fight seems way to smooth, it's almost as if it isn't even existent laugh.gif
D-MARV
The only bet I may make is a couple of bets for a Pacquiao stoppage in 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8... I have to wait for the odds in those rounds though.
Snoop
So far it's 11-1 for Pacquiao, with the only person for Pacquaio second-guessing their pick (I'm assuming it's sal).

Next question: How much credit does Pac get if he does win?
Keith
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 3 2010, 09:52 PM) *
Next question: How much credit does Pac get if he does win?

I dont know. Clottey is by my estimation the 7th or 8th best welter. How much credit do you get for that?

Shane
Floyd
Pac
Cotto
Berto
Quintana

are all better imo.

Cintron, PWill, and Margarito are all probably better as well, except they arent fighting at 147 right now.

So to really answer your question, I wouldnt give Pac much credit at all.
The CEO
Pacquiao won't get any credit from me until his Hat Size drops below an 8, AND he gets his ass whooped by the guy he ducked...
Spyder
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 3 2010, 10:21 PM) *
Pacquiao won't get any credit from me until his Hat Size drops below an 8, AND he gets his ass whooped by the guy he ducked...

LOL

And Keith, you rate Quintana better? That's a pick 'em for me bro...I'd put Clottey and Cotto as a toss-up now too.

I think the Welters are all pretty close to each other right now. Anyone can beat anyone. It all depends on the night...it just so happens that recently the night tends to lend itself to Pac, May, and Mosley more than the others.
Fitz
I agree with Spyder. After Mayweather, Mosley and Pacquiao. I kind of think the rest of the top 147 fighters are not far apart from each other.
Provo209
This fight is fixed,Pac only fights drained fighters and he's not draining clottey ,so its gotta be fixed LOL...

Im with whoever said that Pac lands a flurrie and the Ref stops it and Clottey and his team say he aint hurt LOL...I could se that happening...

I won't give Pac any credit.why give credit to a man that refuses to take a 25million dollar Drug Test..LOL...

I have a question does anyone think this fight sells over 1 mill in PPV buys??? This fight is getting No Hype what so ever.
King Eugene
Manny by blowout within 2. Clottey MAY land a total of 6 punches the whole fight! He's getting taking out of there quick. We cant risk Manny taking much punishment as he prepares himself for the May/Mosley winner.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 3 2010, 08:12 AM) *
I was thinking that as well. Mayweather VS Mosley has certainly taken away some of the fight's luster.

Agreed and so it should it is the better fight. I will definately buy both though. This kinda feels like the main undercard fight to the big event.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 3 2010, 07:37 PM) *
Manny. Manny. Manny. UD.

The human growth and epo will allow Manny will throw so many punches that his heart will explode.

Manny has always been a volume puncher. If anything as he's gone up in weight he has become much more selective about the shots he throws. Dude just throws punches in bunches. Always has always will.

Prediction: Manny by late stoppage.

Conclusion: Pontoonsmen to go batshit with steroid accusations.
JLUVBABY
i voted pac but feel clottey is a very live underdog...
salvador
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 3 2010, 11:00 PM) *
I dont know. Clottey is by my estimation the 7th or 8th best welter. How much credit do you get for that?

Shane
Floyd
Pac
Cotto
Berto
Quintana

are all better imo.

Cintron, PWill, and Margarito are all probably better as well, except they arent fighting at 147 right now.

So to really answer your question, I wouldnt give Pac much credit at all.

Not that it matters, but Clottey beat Cotto and I'd take Clottey over Quintana and probably Berto. I also think Clottey would be very live against Shane. If Pac is smart, he'll refrain from the ko because if he gets the kill, the only conceivable answer is steroids.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think Pac will win a wide decision here. Clottey can take a shot though, so he won't get stopped. He'll be competitive in the first few rounds, and will back Pacquiao back on those ropes. Clottey will win a couple rounds, but he always fades late. After round six Pac will just take over and dominate the rounds after that. I really hope Clottey wins, as that would be awesome. However, Arum knows what he's doing, and wouldn't risk such a huge fight for Pacquiao-Clottey. He really doesn't think Clottey has a shot in hell to win. If he does Arum won't be too pleased.
Snoop
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Mar 4 2010, 10:53 AM) *
Manny has always been a volume puncher. If anything as he's gone up in weight he has become much more selective about the shots he throws. Dude just throws punches in bunches. Always has always will.

Prediction: Manny by late stoppage.

No. We'll be using the "fixed fight" theory. laugh.gif
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Mar 4 2010, 06:53 AM) *

Ollie, you just crossed the Pontoonstowaway.

You know, deep down inside (yes I'm going there again), that Clottey is ADL (Arum's Designated Loser). You know he has no chance because he is being paid to have no chance. You've read the interviews; "I'm going to do my job, boss. I'll make everybody happy, boss. I'll fight just hard enough to put on a good show, boss. Yeah, I cried my eyes out when you didn't bother to get my trainer a visa, but that guy that worked as my cut man once will do just fine, boss."

And you can shove your "steroid accusations" deep up inside. Team Manny Duck Sue and his Tranny Army have used the issue like the Republican Party uses gays, guns and religion; as a diversion. Team Manny Duck Sue had every opportunity to put that dog to sleep. Instead they chose to use it as their excuse to run like hell from getting there asses handed to them by PBF.

Picking Manny Duck Sue by late stoppage is like predicting when you are going to take your next shit. Whenever you decide to remove the anal plug.
Snoop
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 4 2010, 02:52 PM) *

You know, deep down inside (yes I'm going there again), that Clottey is ADL (Arum's Designated Loser). You know he has no chance because he is being paid to have no chance. You've read the interviews; "I'm going to do my job, boss. I'll make everybody happy, boss. I'll fight just hard enough to put on a good show, boss. Yeah, I cried my eyes out when you didn't bother to get my trainer a visa, but that guy that worked as my cut man once will do just fine, boss."

And you can shove your "steroid accusations" deep up inside. Team Manny Duck Sue and his Tranny Army have used the issue like the Republican Party uses gays, guns and religion; as a diversion. Team Manny Duck Sue had every opportunity to put that dog to sleep. Instead they chose to use it as their excuse to run like hell from getting there asses handed to them by PBF.

Picking Manny Duck Sue by late stoppage is like predicting when you are going to take your next shit. Whenever you decide to remove the anal plug.

laugh.gif
softnayr
no doubt! PACMAN will win!!!!

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 3 2010, 08:12 AM) *

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 4 2010, 09:52 AM) *

Beardo I'm worried about all this 'deep inside' stuff you've been spewing and newfound fascinations with anal plugs. I can only assume you've already had your intiation 'session' on the Pontoon. Oh lordy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.