Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NBA
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
BigG
Im for the Knicks this season. TMAC is back and looking sharp.
Spyder
QUOTE (BigG @ Mar 3 2010, 10:31 PM) *

Where are you from George?
BigG
the Philippines!
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (BigG @ Mar 3 2010, 10:31 PM) *

hahaha..You're crazy..

My top 4 picks of the champs are the Celtics(my favorite team),Nugs,Lakers,or the Cavs..

My top 4 picks of who I want to win---Celtics,Bulls,Blazers,and the Nugs..

Utah and Dallas will surprise people in the playoffs and both have a chance of winning it too..
Spyder
QUOTE (BigG @ Mar 3 2010, 11:01 PM) *
the Philippines!

You are a LIAR sir! lol

No really...tell me what city you live in and I'll figure out how many miles it is away from your favorite team. haha

QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Mar 3 2010, 11:42 PM) *
hahaha..You're crazy..

My top 4 picks of the champs are the Celtics(my favorite team),Nugs,Lakers,or the Cavs..

Utah and Dallas will surprise people in the playoffs and both have a chance of winning it too..

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Of course your Irish ass likes the Celtics...AND you live in Chicago! LOL

Damn you and your damn racial stereotypes!!! taunt.gif
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 3 2010, 11:57 PM) *
You are a LIAR sir! lol

No really...tell me what city you live in and I'll figure out how many miles it is away from your favorite team. haha

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Of course your Irish ass likes the Celtics...AND you live in Chicago! LOL

Well my grandma was from Boston so I'm a fan of all Boston teams..I'll always have love for the Bulls and the Blazers are my 3rd fav. team..Big fan of Roy and the rest of the Blazers..

BigG,you must not be happy to have lost Nate to the Celtics,but ya did get House for some good shootin..
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 4 2010, 05:57 AM) *

Damn we're ALL about the racial shit now aren't we? LOL.
King Eugene
Its all about the Bobcats baby!

Nah but seriously I grew up a Bulls fan. I was born and raised in the Jordan era. When I hooped I wore 23 and rocked a ball head. lol. I still rocks with the Bulls and I'll pick Kobe over Lebron any day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 4 2010, 06:59 AM) *
Nah but seriously I grew up a Bulls fan. I was born and raised in the Jordan era. When I hooped I wore 23 and rocked a ball head. lol. I still rocks with the Bulls and I'll pick Kobe over Lebron any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Fuck yes the BULLS! I was a fan when they had the triple threat: Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman. Shit, to be honest, Jordan lifted the whole team and made everyone play better. Rodman was my favorite though.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 4 2010, 01:59 AM) *
Its all about the Bobcats baby!

You think Kobe is a better player than Lebron??Lebron is still young and keeps getting better..I think Lebron will be greater than Kobe when they are both gone..It's hard to say though..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Mar 4 2010, 02:04 AM) *
You think Kobe is a better player than Lebron??Lebron is still young and keeps getting better..I think Lebron will be greater than Kobe when they are both gone..It's hard to say though..

Lebron is great but he's no Kobe! Kobe is that dude. Until Lebron's open court defense improves (not just blocking shots from behind in transition) he'll always be a step or two behind Kobe. Lebron is just a freak of nature blessed with God Given abilities. He lacks that assassin's mentality Kobe has. Kobe wants to shut you down then turn around and drop 40 on you. Lebron just wants to drop buckets.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 4 2010, 02:35 AM) *
Lebron is great but he's no Kobe! Kobe is that dude. Until Lebron's open court defense improves (not just blocking shots from behind in transition) he'll always be a step or two behind Kobe. Lebron is just a freak of nature blessed with God Given abilities. He lacks that assassin's mentality Kobe has. Kobe wants to shut you down then turn around and drop 40 on you. Lebron just wants to drop buckets.

Good points and all very true..Lebron isn't close to Kobe when it comes to defense..Kobe always will play hard as hell even if there is 10 seconds left and they are down 15 points..

Lebron is still a work in progress though,Kobe is done progressing..Kobe is 31 now while Lebron is 25..Basketball players age faster than boxers do in my opinion..Boxers have been able to last till 50(Archie Moore),where that is unheard of in basketball..When you hit 30,most assume you're on a downfall from then on..Ray Allen is 34 and they make it seem like he's 50 already..If a casual fan of basketball watched and heard how the commentators talk about the "older" players they would think the guy is atleast 40..
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Mar 4 2010, 05:22 AM) *
Good points and all very true..Lebron isn't close to Kobe when it comes to defense..Kobe always will play hard as hell even if there is 10 seconds left and they are down 15 points..

Lebron is still a work in progress though,Kobe is done progressing..Kobe is 31 now while Lebron is 25..Basketball players age faster than boxers do in my opinion..Boxers have been able to last till 50(Archie Moore),where that is unheard of in basketball..When you hit 30,most assume you're on a downfall from then on..Ray Allen is 34 and they make it seem like he's 50 already..If a casual fan of basketball watched and heard how the commentators talk about the "older" players they would think the guy is atleast 40..

Ray Allen still has the prettiest release in the league. These young cats better be watching him and taking notes. The great players know how to adjust when they age. Just like in boxing when they cant compete with the speed of the younger guys, they use their court smarts to out think these cats. I have to disagree with you about Kobe not progressing though. He hasn't lost a step, if anything he's gained one. He's progressed not athletically but mentally. Look at his shot selection now compared to what it was 2-3 years ago or hell even last year. Not only is he making himself better but his teammates as well. Look how sorry ass Lamar Odoms as progressed over the last couple of years since building some chemistry with Kobe. At first those two didn't play all that great together if you ask me.

Kobe has lost more NBA Championships than Lebron has been in.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 4 2010, 05:40 AM) *
Ray Allen still has the prettiest release in the league. These young cats better be watching him and taking notes. The great players know how to adjust when they age. Just like in boxing when they cant compete with the speed of the younger guys, they use their court smarts to out think these cats. I have to disagree with you about Kobe not progressing though. He hasn't lost a step, if anything he's gained one. He's progressed not athletically but mentally. Look at his shot selection now compared to what it was 2-3 years ago or hell even last year. Not only is he making himself better but his teammates as well. Look how sorry ass Lamar Odoms as progressed over the last couple of years since building some chemistry with Kobe. At first those two didn't play all that great together if you ask me.

Kobe has lost more NBA Championships than Lebron has been in.

Ray Allen has the best release in the history of basketball in my opinion..Who has a better looking shot??Whether he misses or makes it,the shot looks dope..What you said about adjusting to the younger guys,that reminds me of my favorite player today,Paul Pierce..He is not a fast dude or anything like that but his smarts override the speed..Pierce is having a bad season this year besides his 3 point game though..

Of course Kobe has lost more than Lebron has been in,Lebron is still a young cat..It's fucked up that Lebron is the same age as me..Kobe does have a better shot selection,thats true..Yet,I don't think he has gotten better other than that(all players have to get better mentally when reaching an older age if they wanna continue to play so I don't count that)..He takes higher quality shots and not that crazy shit he used to do(and make)..Last year was when I think Kobe better his selection..He wants others to get involved so they don't have to rely on him since I feel he can't do that anymore..I think he'd wear himself out these days if he were to try to do what he used to do..That's also why he would guard lesser guys so that he would preserve energy for offense(I really noticed this last year)..His body has a lot of wear and tear and it's catching up with him..He's a warrior and continues to play even when he has bad injuries..Yet,he adapts to the injury and keeps playin at a high level..That's greatness!!
Warlord
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 4 2010, 02:02 AM) *
Fuck yes the BULLS! I was a fan when they had the triple threat: Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman. Shit, to be honest, Jordan lifted the whole team and made everyone play better. Rodman was my favorite though.

Rodman is my all-time favorite. Too bad you and I are from different racial backgrounds. If we weren't, I could give you my opinions on Rodman, Jordan, especially bitch-ass Pippen, and the rest of the Bulls dynasty.
Warlord
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Mar 3 2010, 11:42 PM) *
hahaha..You're crazy..

No love for Atlanta? Man, fuck you guys! Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Mike Bibby, Al Horford, and Marvin Williams can't get no love? With Jamal Crawford coming off the bench? Don't sleep on my fucking team, mother fuckers. They won't go all the way, but they'll wear some motherfuckers out before they go down, I can goddamn guarantee you that.
King Eugene
This is for you Blaze

posted wrong vid earlier. Here is the official joint.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 4 2010, 07:58 AM) *
No love for Atlanta? Man, fuck you guys! Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Mike Bibby, Al Horford, and Marvin Williams can't get no love? With Jamal Crawford coming off the bench? Don't sleep on my fucking team, mother fuckers. They won't go all the way, but they'll wear some motherfuckers out before they go down, I can goddamn guarantee you that.

The woulda, coulda, shoulda group.
Snoop
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 4 2010, 01:52 PM) *
Rodman is my all-time favorite. Too bad you and I are from different racial backgrounds. If we weren't, I could give you my opinions on Rodman, Jordan, especially bitch-ass Pippen, and the rest of the Bulls dynasty.

LMAO. Are you really that butt-hurt that you can't separate your emotions between threads?
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 4 2010, 07:58 AM) *

I got the Hawks as my 3rd pick to do somethin from the East..The Celtics and Cavs then the Hawks..I'm actually a fan of the Hawks..They are below the radar but I still see em..
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 4 2010, 08:51 AM) *
This is for you Blaze
posted wrong vid earlier. Here is the official joint.

Heres for you 3King..

The video you posted was dope but Lil Wayne sucks..Kobe shit on Roy(of the Blazers) real bad..I like Shaq's flow about Kobe more then Lil Wayne's..hahahaha.."I'm a horse,Kobe ratted me out,that's why I'm gettin divorced."hahaha..Either way,Paul Pierce can d up Kobe or Lebron,no prob..

Warlord
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 4 2010, 08:52 AM) *
The woulda, coulda, shoulda group.

Ouch. That's tough talk coming from a Bobcats fan, lol. Your team would be AWESOME... ... in the WNBA.
Warlord
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 4 2010, 10:45 AM) *
LMAO. Are you really that butt-hurt that you can't separate your emotions between threads?

Don't flatter yourself, ace. Your fantasies about ripping anuses must be some (non-racially motivated, of course) desire to subconsciously compensate for your 3-inch package.
Snoop
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 5 2010, 01:59 AM) *
Don't flatter yourself, ace. Your fantasies about ripping anuses must be some (non-racially motivated, of course) desire to subconsciously compensate for your 3-inch package.

I'll take that as a "yes." laugh.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 4 2010, 10:04 PM) *
I'll take that as a "yes." laugh.gif

Take it whatever way you want to, slick.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 4 2010, 08:55 PM) *
Ouch. That's tough talk coming from a Bobcats fan, lol. Your team would be AWESOME... ... in the WNBA.

laugh.gif
I'm actually not bragging on them or boasting about the players they have that dont produce shit. I was just saying I was a fan. Home team. Quit being so damn defensive.
Warlord
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 5 2010, 02:13 AM) *
laugh.gif
I'm actually not bragging on them or boasting about the players they have that dont produce shit. I was just saying I was a fan. Home team. Quit being so damn defensive.

Defensive? LOL. Bro, I ain't never picked Atlanta to win shit. Not in the NBA, and not in the NFL. I know full well where my teams rank, and why they rank there. As I said, I just thought it was hilarious to hear a Bobcats fan shitting on Atlanta. It'd be like me, as an Atlanta fan, trying to shit on another team. Just ironically funny. But all good. If I was offended, man, you'd know it. laugh.gif
JonnyBlaze
Warlord,what's gotten into you man??I remember me and you bein real cool before ya left..Ya seem different these days..Seems like you're pissed in a lot of your posts..

Anyway,PAUL PIERCE FOREVER!!!!

Warlord
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Mar 5 2010, 04:25 PM) *
Warlord,what's gotten into you man??I remember me and you bein real cool before ya left..Ya seem different these days..Seems like you're pissed in a lot of your posts..

Anyway,PAUL PIERCE FOREVER!!!!

laugh.gif You're still my man, Jonny. I'm not pissed at all. I think sometimes it is hard to tell on the internet when someone is being a serious asshole, and when it is just joking around or engaging in some trash-talking sports talk. Well, I am an epic asshole, but I wasn't ripping on you (or King Eugene.) The NBA is one of my passions, just like MMA and boxing. I'll joke around, but don't take it too seriously. Again, if I was really pissed off, you'd know about it. I wouldn't waste anytime explaining myself, like I'm doing with you (and Eugene.)

Again, hope you guys don't think I'm shitting on you. I'm not.
BigG
Spyder, I'm not kidding

Jonny, your picks sounds about right. I think it's probably gonna be Cleveland and LA in the finals.

BTW, at this point, I'll go with Kobe anyday over Lebron.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 5 2010, 09:54 PM) *
laugh.gif You're still my man, Jonny. I'm not pissed at all. I think sometimes it is hard to tell on the internet when someone is being a serious asshole, and when it is just joking around or engaging in some trash-talking sports talk. Well, I am an epic asshole, but I wasn't ripping on you (or King Eugene.) The NBA is one of my passions, just like MMA and boxing. I'll joke around, but don't take it too seriously. Again, if I was really pissed off, you'd know about it. I wouldn't waste anytime explaining myself, like I'm doing with you (and Eugene.)

Again, hope you guys don't think I'm shitting on you. I'm not.

Glad ya cleared that up..I know ya never aimed anything my way but the last week it seemed like ya changed..hahaha..

Any comments on the Paul Pierce videos I posted??I wanna get some of your opinions on what ya all think of him..I get hated on by a lot of people when wearing my PP jersey out here..hahaha..I just laugh in their faces in they try to mean mug me while I keep laughin..No joke,I've had dudes act like they wanna fight cause I'm wearin my PP jersey..hahaha..Cracks me up everytime..
Spyder
QUOTE (BigG @ Mar 5 2010, 10:24 PM) *
Spyder, I'm not kiddingJonny, your picks sounds about right. I think it's probably gonna be Cleveland and LA in the finals.

BTW, at this point, I'll go with Kobe anyday over Lebron.

I never pegged you as pinoy...but it makes sense. lol

I meant, what city do you live in?

I ain't hating BTW...
BigG
I'm a light skinned hispanic. I only have SOME pinoy blood. And i live in Manila. laugh.gif
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (BigG @ Mar 5 2010, 11:24 PM) *
I think it's probably gonna be Cleveland and LA in the finals.

Oh, ya think? laugh.gif The shitty thing about the NBA is you pretty much know. There's the slight chance that you'll get a surprise like the Magic last year but for the most part, it's clear who's going to win every series. I'd say there's about a 90% chance of a Cavs-Lakers finals this year.

I'm from Chicago, IL - 38 years old and was following the Bulls since I was 7. Since Norm Van Lier and Artis Gilmore and Mickey Johnson and Reggie Theus and David Greenwood et al. I remember THE DAY they drafted Michael Jordan 3rd overall in 1984, seeing highlights and thinking to myself 'Hmm...we might be on to something here.' I remember seeing Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant interviewed together the day the Bulls took them 5th and 10th respectively. I watched the Bulls lose to the Pistons three years straight but come a little bit closer each time, until the finally swept their asses out of the playoffs in 1991 and that faggot Isiah led the team off the court before the final buzzer to avoid having to say congrats. I watched the Cavs, Knicks, Heat, Blazers, Suns, Sonics and Jazz put together some amazing teams that woulda coulda shoulda been champs had they just not been put together while the Bulls were impossible to beat. If Mike hadn't "retired" for those two years and if ownership hadn't broken up the team after the lockout the Bulls would have won NINE STRAIGHT TITLES.

That's my team.

smile_anim.gif

Thought I'd spice this thread up a bit. Any Knick fans here want to talk about Charles Smith or Hubert Davis?
King Eugene
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 6 2010, 05:15 PM) *
Oh, ya think? laugh.gif The shitty thing about the NBA is you pretty much know. There's the slight chance that you'll get a surprise like the Magic last year but for the most part, it's clear who's going to win every series. I'd say there's about a 90% chance of a Cavs-Lakers finals this year.

I'm from Chicago, IL - 38 years old and was following the Bulls since I was 7. Since Norm Van Lier and Artis Gilmore and Mickey Johnson and Reggie Theus and David Greenwood et al. I remember THE DAY they drafted Michael Jordan 3rd overall in 1984, seeing highlights and thinking to myself 'Hmm...we might be on to something here.' I remember seeing Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant interviewed together the day the Bulls took them 5th and 10th respectively. I watched the Bulls lose to the Pistons three years straight but come a little bit closer each time, until the finally swept their asses out of the playoffs in 1991 and that faggot Isiah led the team off the court before the final buzzer to avoid having to say congrats. I watched the Cavs, Knicks, Heat, Blazers, Suns, Sonics and Jazz put together some amazing teams that woulda coulda shoulda been champs had they just not been put together while the Bulls were impossible to beat. If Mike hadn't "retired" for those two years and if ownership hadn't broken up the team after the lockout the Bulls would have won NINE STRAIGHT TITLES.

That's my team.

smile_anim.gif

Thought I'd spice this thread up a bit. Any Knick fans here want to talk about Charles Smith or Hubert Davis?

Those 90"s Bulls where the best teams ever. People can argue about Bill Russell won this and that but one thing they seem to forget is Bill Russell didn't play against the same type of comp. MJ all day!
OaktownGhost
yeah those 90s bulls were great
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.