Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Friday Night Fights tonight
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
The main event tonight is going to be awesome on FNF. I've seen Wilton Hilario fight since the amateurs in Minneota, and he really brings it. I was ringside for his fight against Bobo in November, and Bobo was afraid to get touched by Hilario. Honario looked good in his last fight, but Molina had the flu from what I've heard. It's a big step up for Hilario, but the way these two fight it will be fireworks. I think it'll be a slight upset tonight, with Wilton wearing down Honario. What does everybody else think? Here's a video of Hilario is anybody hasn't seen him fight.

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=XW8BVURM
Provo209
Not impressed with Hilario at all, has NO Boxing technique!
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea he's having a rough night. He really needs to use that jab coming in, and I'm sure he'll learn this after this fight. There's still five rounds though, and Honario has thrown a lot of punches. We'll see if Hilario can catch him. It looked like he stunned him in the last round.
Provo209
Yeah he could maybe land a lucky punch , but im just not impressed with his style ,not a up and coming prospect IMO.no jab ,no straight ,nothing,head down and just comes forward trying 2 land .anyone with a strong uppercut would hurt him .and when he switches to south paw he gets caught easily with a left hook ,maybe he needs to stop switching .
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
It's not where you start, it's where you finish. Wilton had a rough night tonight, and that happens in boxing. I can understand why somebody isn't impressed with him tonight, and may say he has no boxing style. He's a fighter who comes forward. He'll learn now that he needs a jab to come forward. Trust me, he's not a bum. He's won upper midwest golden gloves championships and been to national tournaments. He just fought a better fighter tonight, simple as that. I give him credit for stepping up, and he'll learn from this. Honario was a beast tonight, as he was a few months ago against Molina.

The comment that Teddy made about Wilton's record being built up is bullshit too. That man should have looked a little deeper before he made that comment. In Wilton's third fight he fought a 3-0 fighter in Dallas. He also boxed a 3-1 fighter in Illinois in his 2nd fight. He fought a former world title contender in his 7th fight for gods sake. Not only that, he fought Allen Litzau and Leon Bobo in his last two fights. Both those guys have been featured on ESPN before. Both of them were respectable fighters, and Wilton pretty much dominated both. Sure, he's had a few bouts that were soft. However, I really took exception to that comment by Teddy. He's been stepping up, and was set to fight Jason Litzau last June. Not a very padded fighter to me.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 5 2010, 11:52 PM) *
It's not where you start, it's where you finish. Wilton had a rough night tonight, and that happens in boxing. I can understand why somebody isn't impressed with him tonight, and may say he has no boxing style. He's a fighter who comes forward. He'll learn now that he needs a jab to come forward. Trust me, he's not a bum. He's won upper midwest golden gloves championships and been to national tournaments. He just fought a better fighter tonight, simple as that. I give him credit for stepping up, and he'll learn from this. Honario was a beast tonight, as he was a few months ago against Molina.

The comment that Teddy made about Wilton's record being built up is bullshit too. That man should have looked a little deeper before he made that comment. In Wilton's third fight he fought a 3-0 fighter in Dallas. He also boxed a 3-1 fighter in Illinois in his 2nd fight. He fought a former world title contender in his 7th fight for gods sake. Not only that, he fought Allen Litzau and Leon Bobo in his last two fights. Both those guys have been featured on ESPN before. Both of them were respectable fighters, and Wilton pretty much dominated both. Sure, he's had a few bouts that were soft. However, I really took exception to that comment by Teddy. He's been stepping up, and was set to fight Jason Litzau last June. Not a very padded fighter to me.

...And with his 7th round selection, KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN selects...Wilton Hilario...
mexi-cutioner
and if that Former World Title Challenger Hilario faced is Luis Bolano taht you are referring to...didn't Bolano fight for those titles at super flyweight??? and now he's fighitng at light middle...........hmmm
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Yea I'm referring to Bolano. He fought for his title at 115 and the fight was fought at 130. Still, it's a big step for a kid in his 7th fight. I was just trying to point out that Teddy really didn't do his homework about Hilario, and shouldn't be making comments about built up records, when it isn't the case. I mean look at Demitrius Andrade and who he has been fighting. Not many prospects take those steps in their 7th fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.