Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All this talk about Pac being a top 3 all time great.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Aware
A prime Pernell Whitaker would have boxed the shit outta him period.
Praximo
Pacquiao is an explosive fighter who improves after each fight, When he fought Oscar, He pretty much mastered the hit and sync technique, When he fought Ricky Hatton, He showed brilliant accuracy towards the british brawler, And when he fought Cotto, He showed the world he's packing a nice little chin on him, And now a training video came out where pacman is now fighting in a orthadox stance, only to confuse his oppenent, But yeah one time Muhammad Ali once said he is bigger than boxing, But now its Pacquiaos turn and he is way bigger and only growing more and more.
Aware
Love this video
Aware
QUOTE (Praximo @ Mar 6 2010, 01:50 AM) *
Pacquiao is an explosive fighter who improves after each fight, When he fought Oscar, He pretty much mastered the hit and sync technique, When he fought Ricky Hatton, He showed brilliant accuracy towards the british brawler, And when he fought Cotto, He showed the world he's packing a nice little chin on him, And now a training video came out where pacman is now fighting in a orthadox stance, only to confuse his oppenent, But yeah one time Muhammad Ali once said he is bigger than boxing, But now its Pacquiaos turn and he is way bigger and only growing more and more.

He's an all time great but...
How would have he done against: Aaron Pryor? Thomas Hearns? Sugar Ray Leonard? Roberto Duran? Pernell Whitaker? Sugar Ray Robinson? Etc.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (Aware @ Mar 6 2010, 01:19 AM) *
How would have he done against: Aaron Pryor? Thomas Hearns? Sugar Ray Leonard? Roberto Duran? Pernell Whitaker? Sugar Ray Robinson? Etc.

Pacqiuao beats Pryor but losses to the rest IMO but thats no knock on him Leonard, Duran, Whitaker and Robinson were just very very special fighters.

Hearns though not as great as Pacqiuao would be too big for him plain and simple.
SmartyBeardo
Manny QuackMeow may not even be the 3rd best current welterweight.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Aware @ Mar 6 2010, 07:19 AM) *

Hows about you actually compare him to guys between 126-135 rather than welterweights (excluding Duran)?
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 6 2010, 01:56 AM) *
Hows about you actually compare him to guys between 126-135 rather than welterweights (excluding Duran)?

That doesn't work either, Stevenski, and you know it. Manny QuackMeow has escaped to the upper weight divisions in order to avoid the up and comers and build a reputation on handpicked washouts. His last victory in that realm is widely disputed. Let's stop bullshitting and deal with reality.

I do have to admit that he has a hall of fame trainer and management, as much as they nauseate me.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 5 2010, 10:34 PM) *
Pacqiuao beats Pryor but losses to the rest IMO but thats no knock on him Leonard, Duran, Whitaker and Robinson were just very very special fighters.

Hearns though not as great as Pacqiuao would be too big for him plain and simple.

I don't know man...I think Pac would struggle vs Pryor I think Pryor would win that one, Pryor was a machine and one of the best IF NOT the best 140pounder of all time when he's in his prime..
salvador
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 6 2010, 03:06 AM) *
I do have to admit that he has a hall of fame trainer and management, as much as they nauseate me.

Roach might be a hall of fame trainer, but it is kind of interesting that of his two signature fighters, Toney and Pac, one has been caught using steroids and the other was willing to turn down a $25MM paycheck in order to avoid testing. Not that it necessarily reflects badly on Roach, but it is noteworthy.
Provo209
QUOTE (Praximo @ Mar 5 2010, 09:50 PM) *
, But yeah one time Muhammad Ali once said he is bigger than boxing, But now its Pacquiaos turn and he is way bigger and only growing more and more.

For someone who is Way bigger than the sport of Boxing his upcoming fight is getting NO HYPE what so ever and will probably do low sales in PPV buys.
lloyd mayflower
The two top WW's have reached up to the top drawer and pulled one out. Pac has badly lost out on this one. Mayweather and Mosley getting all the hype, and will get all the respect if they put on a good fight.

You cant have a massive PPV without 2 big names, I wouldnt be shocked if Pac Clottey didnt break a mill
Provo209
Pacroid is Full of shit and he's on something I don't care if he's never failed a test.so what Barry Bonds never failed a damn test either. He beat a dehydrated Oscar ,Hatton wasn't the same after Floyd knocked him out,Cotto got beat by 2 cheaters Plasterito and Pacroid.
Pac is ducking Floyd all these damn excuses he's been making to avoid him . Let me ask a question HOW COME THERE IS NO WEIGHT CLAUSE IN THE CONTRACT FOR THE CLOTTEY FIGHT IF HE'S OVERWEIGHT??????

PAC'S A BIG PUSSY WAITING TO GET FUCKED AND HE'S MAYWEATHERS BITCH....LOL
Provo209
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Mar 6 2010, 07:16 AM) *
The two top WW's have reached up to the top drawer and pulled one out. Pac has badly lost out on this one. Mayweather and Mosley getting all the hype, and will get all the respect if they put on a good fight.

You cant have a massive PPV without 2 big names, I wouldnt be shocked if Pac Clottey didnt break a mill

I Think if Floyd was fighting someone else other Shane he would still get more HYPE than Pac ,he'd be on CNN ,ESPN doing everything he is and have a 24/7 .Floyd knows how to sell regardless if people hate him...I think he's a Bigger draw than Pac !
torvix2000
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Mar 6 2010, 03:24 PM) *
HOW COME THERE IS NO WEIGHT CLAUSE IN THE CONTRACT FOR THE CLOTTEY FIGHT IF HE'S OVERWEIGHT??????

Maybe because Clottey has no history of reneging on a signed contract.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Mar 6 2010, 03:24 PM) *
Pacroid is Full of shit and he's on something I don't care if he's never failed a test.so what Barry Bonds never failed a damn test either. He beat a dehydrated Oscar ,Hatton wasn't the same after Floyd knocked him out,Cotto got beat by 2 cheaters Plasterito and Pacroid.

LOL! Maybe we should all go to the Philippines and make an experiment. Accuse someone (who's not really poor) that he's a drug addict and then let's offer some money later. Let's see if he forgives us and take the money. Or stabs us.
Provo209
LoL...if there so poor in that country why would the Heart and sole of that country turn down a 25 million dollar drug test ?????
Provo209
Torvix your boy is scared of a ass whoopin and you know it! 10 million dollar penalty per pound is Bullshit..... and Dan Rafeal of ESPN reported that the drug clause that Mayweather was asking for was in the orignal contract. he didn't ask for it last minute like the Pac camp said...
And Remember Teddy brought up the emails.LOL...
Face it your boy is dirty..LOL...
jlupi
Pac being a top 3 all time great>>>

Id say we need to look at his career when its done. he beats clottey, MW + his name will be up there. same could be said w MW. he puts an exclamation point on the end of his career his name is up there in the debate. He gets beat by mosley a couple times his GOAT claims will fall on deaf ears.
The CEO
QUOTE (Praximo @ Mar 6 2010, 12:50 AM) *
But yeah one time Muhammad Ali once said he is bigger than boxing, But now its Pacquiaos turn and he is way bigger and only growing more and more.

That's disgusting to read...there's no way, shape, or form that Pacquiao has transcended Boxing nearly as much or more than Ali did...he hasn't even transcended it more than Floyd Mayweather Junior.....you know Mayweather, right?....the guy Pacquiao ducked.
JLUVBABY
no way pac is an all time great... who started this talk?... his roids havent done enough yet...
Spyder
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2010, 11:49 AM) *
no way pac is an all time great... who started this talk?... his roids havent done enough yet...

It's REALLY hard to argue against Pac being an all-time great...where he ranks on that list is a little more debatable.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (Aware @ Mar 6 2010, 12:39 AM) *
A prime Pernell Whitaker would have boxed the shit outta him period.

+1
Snoop
QUOTE (Praximo @ Mar 6 2010, 05:50 AM) *
But yeah one time Muhammad Ali once said he is bigger than boxing, But now its Pacquiaos turn and he is way bigger and only growing more and more.

Do not ever, EVER, compare Manny Pacquiao to Muhammad Ali. Ali transcended the sport because of what he did OUTSIDE the ring, hence the phrase, "transcend the sport." Ali defied a nation. Pacquaio can't even say who he wants to face next in a post-fight interview because his promoter told him not to. The guy basically has no fucking opinion on anything. Pacquiao greater than Ali? Get the fuck out of here...
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Praximo @ Mar 6 2010, 12:50 AM) *

Typical enlisted zombie of Manny QuackMeow's Tranny Army.

Manny QuackMeow has multiple big, ugly ? marks on his career, thanks to Team QuackMeow's macho grandstanding while simultaneously implementing a theatrical event to camouflage their naked duck of PBF.

They must be given credit for the creation of the Quack & Run Defense.

Manny QuackMeow joined ACFS (Arum's Circus Freak Show) about two years ago. Prior to that I considered him one of my favorite fighters and certainly deserving of the term great. Unfortunately, since then he has been fed (like a caged cat) dead red meat. Finally, faced with the prospect of having to deal with a live opponent in his cage, he Quacked & Ran back to a cage where he could be fed by his master, Arum.

To all but Manny QuackMeow's Tranny Army his legacy has been degraded and what is left is in question.
Aware
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 6 2010, 02:56 AM) *

Wouldn't you agree Pacquiao is in his prime right now? What weight is he fighting at? All those guys I mentioned were in their primes around 135-147.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 6 2010, 04:01 AM) *
I don't know man...I think Pac would struggle vs Pryor I think Pryor would win that one, Pryor was a machine and one of the best IF NOT the best 140pounder of all time when he's in his prime..

Nah Pryor's best wins were against an older over weight Arguello and a washed up Cervantes still Arguello gave him hell in both fights. Pacqiuao could beat Pryor in every department IMO i wouldn't even be suprised if Manny stopped Pryor late in the fight.

I know it's kinda hard for some to except a current fighter to be better than the fighters of yesterday but I just can't see Pryor beating Manny.
torvix2000
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Mar 6 2010, 04:43 PM) *
LoL...if there so poor in that country why would the Heart and sole of that country turn down a 25 million dollar drug test ?????

Why don't just Mayweather go ahead with the 24-hour unlimited urine test and 20+-days-out blood testing so that he can get that 25 million dollars instead of going ga-ga over Pac in his every interview?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 6 2010, 11:01 AM) *
It's REALLY hard to argue against Pac being an all-time great...where he ranks on that list is a little more debatable.

please tell me what pac has done to rank amongst the top 10 p4pders of all times... id like to know... names i rank him under right now and this is not to say he doesnt become that great but right now off the top of my head, and this is without thinking bout this is ali, louis, burley, robinson, pep, johnson (jack), marcino, armstrong, gans (joe), ike williams, pernell whitaker, jc chavez, aaron pryor, arguello, duran, holmes... and thats just naming a few, if i put my mid to this i can come up with a ton more.... im half drunk and not thinking with full capacity right now but there are others that also rank above pac... pac is a very good solid fighter assuming he is not juiced up but he has a lot to go to surpass any of the names on my list... i think the problem is that fighters today dont have to prove themselves like the old school fighters and that is the diffrence... the fighters today can beat a couple of has been ex champs not in their primes or with some type of astorik in the fight and all of a sudden they are considered an all time great... lennox lewis is a prime example of this... he didnt beat the prime holyfield or tyson but those two fights make his legacy.... i guess it is what it is but at the end of the day if pac retired right now has he did enough to be considered an all time great?... in my opinion hell naw... a good start is a win over mayweather (which wont happen) then to start a terror in and around the welterweight division... and even become dominant at 154... if he can do that he has a case... right now he has a case for being a very solid fighter that some question for being a juicer....
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Mar 6 2010, 10:27 AM) *
I Think if Floyd was fighting someone else other Shane he would still get more HYPE than Pac ,he'd be on CNN ,ESPN doing everything he is and have a 24/7 .Floyd knows how to sell regardless if people hate him...I think he's a Bigger draw than Pac !

i disagree. pac has been on several talk shows. i've seen stuff about him all over yahoo and other "culture" sites. floyd doesn't have mosley, he doesn't get any hype. boxing circles are talking about mosley-mayweather more because that's a fight that's been in the making for years between 2 all time greats. it deserves the most talk. but in mainstream media i see pac a lot more than i've ever seen mayweather.

part of it comes down to temperment. let's be real, neither one of them's main motivation in matchmaking is legacy, but people in general respect manny's matchmaking to make exciting fights more than mayweather's matchmaking to make the most money. you can argue against that if you want, but it's obvious. i see it everywhere.
Thegreatequalizer
QUOTE (Aware @ Mar 6 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Wouldn't you agree Pacquiao is in his prime right now? What weight is he fighting at? All those guys I mentioned were in their primes around 135-147.

when all of those guys were at the same point in their career that manny is at now, none of them were anywhere near welter or below. they were mostly at middleweight at that point. that being said, i think salvador sanchez ko's him at 126.

i think it's really difficult to rank guys as all time greats when they're active. obviously people like rj and hopkins are guys that can seriously be debated because they are so far past their primes, but i think both pac and mayweather have a ways to go before i would consider where to rank them as all time greats.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 6 2010, 03:50 PM) *
Nah Pryor's best wins were against an older over weight Arguello and a washed up Cervantes still Arguello gave him hell in both fights. Pacqiuao could beat Pryor in every department IMO i wouldn't even be suprised if Manny stopped Pryor late in the fight.

I know it's kinda hard for some to except a current fighter to be better than the fighters of yesterday but I just can't see Pryor beating Manny.

out of curiosity what does pac bring to the table to win a fight against a prime arron pryorr? the same pryorr leonard wanted no parts of and the same fighter that beat the hell out of hearns in the amature ranks?... just curious...
Aware
QUOTE (Thegreatequalizer @ Mar 6 2010, 08:48 PM) *
when all of those guys were at the same point in their career that manny is at now, none of them were anywhere near welter or below. they were mostly at middleweight at that point. that being said, i think salvador sanchez ko's him at 126.

i think it's really difficult to rank guys as all time greats when they're active. obviously people like rj and hopkins are guys that can seriously be debated because they are so far past their primes, but i think both pac and mayweather have a ways to go before i would consider where to rank them as all time greats.

Did you even read my statement?? When you throw shit in like "at the same point in their career" it shows your comprehension of my statement is not clear. I said in their PRIME, not age or how many fights they had. The only way for you to go about arguing would be to debate what weight classes these fighters were in during their prime. I think it is hard to argue that Manny is not in his prime right now even though he is in the later stage of his career.

MarzB

Pac is greater than Tommy Hearns, I've heard it all. BASED ON WHAT??
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2010, 11:49 AM) *

I think Pac is an all time great but DEF. not in the top 10 or 20..He doesn't deserve to be that close to the greatest of all time,Sugar Ray Robinson..
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 6 2010, 09:55 PM) *
out of curiosity what does pac bring to the table to win a fight against a prime arron pryorr? the same pryorr leonard wanted no parts of and the same fighter that beat the hell out of hearns in the amature ranks?... just curious...

C'mon Jluv that Hearns win was in the amatuers where Hearns hadn't even developed his power yet and still considered a light puncher as for Leonard he was always hard to deal with had they ever fought he would have beaten Pryor without a doubt IMO.

Manny can do everything Pryor can do but better.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 6 2010, 10:10 AM) *
Do not ever, EVER, compare Manny Pacquiao to Muhammad Ali. Ali transcended the sport because of what he did OUTSIDE the ring, hence the phrase, "transcend the sport." Ali defied a nation. Pacquaio can't even say who he wants to face next in a post-fight interview because his promoter told him not to. The guy basically has no fucking opinion on anything. Pacquiao greater than Ali? Get the fuck out of here...

Snoop I'm not going to lie, but i'm a little taken back by your post...Manny Pacquiao TRANSCENDS THE MOTHER FUCKING SPORT OF BOXING and yes HE IS COMPARABLE TO ALI! Just because Manny Pacquiao isn't what Ali was to the AMERICANS does NOT mean he doesn't transcend the sport!!!!!!!!!! Yes Ali did do alot for his sport and DEFIED A NATION, BUT SO DOES PACQUIAO, AND THAT NATION HAPPENS TO BE THE PHILIPPINES AS WELL AS ALL OF ASIA!!! Manny Pacquiao, the same man who stands outside his home and gives money/food to the homeless in the Philippines, the same man running for a congressional seat in May and probably for the presidential election in a few years, the man is a movie star, music star, THE CRIME RATE DROPS TO ZERO WHEN HE FIGHTS AND HE IS AN IDOL TO AN IMPOVERISHED NATION OF 70 MILLION WHOS ONLY HOPE FOR SOME OF THESE PEOPLE IS TO SEE A MANNY PACQUIAO VICTORY. The guy basically has no fucking opinion?? Ali and Pacquiao are too fucking different characters and just because Pacquiao isn't the loud mouth, boastful and cocky athlete Ali is doesn't mean he's a mute either, the guy has alot of respect for the people around him that being said, PACQUIAO TRANSCENDS A NATION, IS COMPARABLE TO ALI AND MAYBE IN A FEW YEARS TIME WE CAN SAY THAT HE IS GREATER THAN ALI, MAYBE NOT IN THE RING, BUT IN HIS ABILITY TO TRANSCEND THE SPORT OF BOXING!!!

That post almost made me as mad as when Tavoris Cloud backed out of his title defence vs Glen Johnson..
And that's mexi-cutioner's angry rant for the day...
Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 7 2010, 08:44 AM) *
Snoop I'm not going to lie, but i'm a little taken back by your post...Manny Pacquiao TRANSCENDS THE MOTHER FUCKING SPORT OF BOXING and yes HE IS COMPARABLE TO ALI! Just because Manny Pacquiao isn't what Ali was to the AMERICANS does NOT mean he doesn't transcend the sport!!!!!!!!!! Yes Ali did do alot for his sport and DEFIED A NATION, BUT SO DOES PACQUIAO, AND THAT NATION HAPPENS TO BE THE PHILIPPINES AS WELL AS ALL OF ASIA!!! Manny Pacquiao, the same man who stands outside his home and gives money/food to the homeless in the Philippines, the same man running for a congressional seat in May and probably for the presidential election in a few years, the man is a movie star, music star, THE CRIME RATE DROPS TO ZERO WHEN HE FIGHTS AND HE IS AN IDOL TO AN IMPOVERISHED NATION OF 70 MILLION WHOS ONLY HOPE FOR SOME OF THESE PEOPLE IS TO SEE A MANNY PACQUIAO VICTORY. The guy basically has no fucking opinion?? Ali and Pacquiao are too fucking different characters and just because Pacquiao isn't the loud mouth, boastful and cocky athlete Ali is doesn't mean he's a mute either, the guy has alot of respect for the people around him that being said, PACQUIAO TRANSCENDS A NATION, IS COMPARABLE TO ALI AND MAYBE IN A FEW YEARS TIME WE CAN SAY THAT HE IS GREATER THAN ALI, MAYBE NOT IN THE RING, BUT IN HIS ABILITY TO TRANSCEND THE SPORT OF BOXING!!!

That post almost made me as mad as when Tavoris Cloud backed out of his title defence vs Glen Johnson..
And that's mexi-cutioner's angry rant for the day...

I don't admire Ali because he was a "loud mouth, boastful, and cocky athlete," I respect him because he stood up for what he believed in and gave up fame and fortune to defy a nation that was more or less invading another one. Ali was also not only for Americans. In actuality, a lot of Americans hated him, and still do to this day. But for whatever reason, the globally oppressed understood his stance and sided with him. Just look at South Africa or even Zaire during the Foreman fight. I mean even if you want to go skill for skill, I would definitely rate Ali's over Pac's, and if you wanna go for human being for human being, Ali transcended the sport because he took action APART from boxing, not because things happened as a result of him boxing.

You're right that all these TEMPORARY positives come from Pacquiao fighting, i.e. crime rates going to zero for ONE DAY (I mean, in the big picture, so fucking what?) and he gives food to the poor, (which is actually a good thing, but just kind of shortsighted). I mean honestly, how much background does Pacquiao have in politics? Like, why is it a good thing he's running for president? For instance, Michael Jordan is probably the greatest ball player to ever live, that doesn't mean I want him running our country. Just because he's famous doesn't mean he's politically competent. I mean look at Arnold Schwarzenegger for christssake.

I mean technically he "transcends the sport" by participating as a b-rate movie star and a HORRIBLE singer, but usually the connotation to the phrase "transcend the sport" refers to doing something great for the world. I wouldn't call his "skills" outside the ring as good for any living thing on this world, let alone "great".

mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 7 2010, 02:46 AM) *
I don't admire Ali because he was a "loud mouth, boastful, and cocky athlete," I respect him because he stood up for what he believed in and gave up fame and fortune to defy a nation that was more or less invading another one. Ali was also not only for Americans. In actuality, a lot of Americans hated him, and still do to this day. But for whatever reason, the globally oppressed understood his stance and sided with him. Just look at South Africa or even Zaire during the Foreman fight. I mean even if you want to go skill for skill, I would definitely rate Ali's over Pac's, and if you wanna go for human being for human being, Ali transcended the sport because he took action APART from boxing, not because things happened as a result of him boxing.

You're right that all these TEMPORARY positives come from Pacquiao fighting, i.e. crime rates going to zero for ONE DAY (I mean, in the big picture, so fucking what?) and he gives food to the poor, (which is actually a good thing, but just kind of shortsighted). I mean honestly, how much background does Pacquiao have in politics? Like, why is it a good thing he's running for president? For instance, Michael Jordan is probably the greatest ball player to ever live, that doesn't mean I want him running our country. Just because he's famous doesn't mean he's politically competent. I mean look at Arnold Schwarzenegger for christssake.

I mean technically he "transcends the sport" by participating as a b-rate movie star and a HORRIBLE singer, but usually the connotation to the phrase "transcend the sport" refers to doing something great for the world. I wouldn't call his "skills" outside the ring as good for any living thing on this world, let alone "great".

The problem with your opinion is that it's completely biased in favour of your own personal distaste toward Pacquiao and that is clearly implied by how you chose to word your post. I like Ali, Ali is great and i'm not saying Pacquiao is better than him, but the fact you belittle Pacquiaos influence really bothers me since I see Pacqs impact through two perspectives (the mainstream image he is conveyed under throughout North America as well as the glorious role model and hero he is to the millions of people i share a common heritage with in the Philippines.) something that you clearly lack insightful knowledge of.

Pac came from an extremely impoverished background, left his family at a young age to pursue a boxing career to help provide for his family and yes,u can say he sings and acts because hes "manny pacquiao" but when it comes to his singing, you have to understand english is his second language and a few years ago he couldn't utter more than a few words, so yes his english singing is garbage, but he OBVIOUSLY sings in his native dialect when he is recording albums. Yeah, Africa went nuts when Ali was in Africa but of course they would go nuts, Ali's background is African and as a celebrity african athlete overseas in the most glorified nation in the world, why wouldn't they go nuts for him and claim him as their own, SIMILAR TO HOW PAC HAS MADE IT BIG HERE IN NORTH AMERICA AND THE FILIPINOS HAVE TAKEN HIM IN AS THEIR NATIONAL HERO!!!!!!
and yes you can say Ali took actions APART from boxing, but the reason why his actions were so focused on and well known about are because of HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS WITHIN boxing, don't tell me that if Ali didn't win a gold medal and become one of the youngest HW Champs that his accomplishments and actions outside of boxing would be so well known. SIMILAR TO HOW PACQUIAOS ACTIONS OUTSIDE THE RING WOULD GO UNNOTICED IF HE DIDN'T BEAT SO MANY MEXICAN LEGENDS AND WIN TITLES IN 7 DIVISIONS!!! And Yea, Pacquiao may not be the most competent politican, but the man wants to make a difference that's why he's doing this, the man's full of good intentions and he even went back to college to get his degree and learn a thing or two about politics to help him out, I don't agree with his decision to go into politics but at the end of the day pacquiao transcends boxing more than you want it to and your argument against him is filled with nothing more than ignorance and bias...You can say the same about my posts but I don't say things like "
"You're right that all these TEMPORARY positives come from Pacquiao fighting, i.e. crime rates going to zero for ONE DAY (I mean, in the big picture, so fucking what?)"----Name one other individual who's able to send the crime rate to 0 for ONE DAY in a third world nation of nearly 100 million people? WHO ALI!?! GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
torvix2000
Sheets!!! Super SMART TORPEDOES are sinking the low-tech Phut-Daon Pontoon.
Keith

Pac is a top 3 all time great excuse artist...

1. "needles weaken me"

2. "I had bad socks"

3. "Reyes gloves"
torvix2000
When confronted with the truth, the boxing experts in this board revert back to posting substanceless silliness.
lloyd mayflower
What do you call whatever it is you resort to Cervix???

Iv told you before, you need to get your arse out of Arkham Asylum and back to the real world
torvix2000
Then these boxing experts resort to me. So that they don't have to deal with the undebatably sound argument presented before them.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Mar 7 2010, 05:45 AM) *
Then these boxing experts resort to me. So that they don't have to deal with the undebatably sound argument presented before them.

It's OK Torvix, the fact that none of these Pac Haters have put up a solid defence against my argument in favor of Pacquiaos transcendence with anything more than humorous insults makes them appear petty and weak.

PAC PLATOOON BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lloyd mayflower
Face it Torvix, Quacquiao dont want to fight Floyd. End of story. I can think of forty million reasons to say that. I know you are clutching at more straws than a scarecrow with itchy nuts, I understand how hard it must be to accept that your hero cant cut it, so im goin to let up on you. You only have to admit that Quack is scared.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 6 2010, 11:44 PM) *
C'mon Jluv that Hearns win was in the amatuers where Hearns hadn't even developed his power yet and still considered a light puncher as for Leonard he was always hard to deal with had they ever fought he would have beaten Pryor without a doubt IMO.

Manny can do everything Pryor can do but better.

WAKE THE FUCK UP!

Pryor would have beat the living piss out of Manny QuackMeow."!
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Mar 7 2010, 06:11 AM) *
Face it Torvix, Quacquiao dont want to fight Floyd. End of story. I can think of forty million reasons to say that. I know you are clutching at more straws than a scarecrow with itchy nuts, I understand how hard it must be to accept that your hero cant cut it, so im goin to let up on you. You only have to admit that Quack is scared.

You can honestly tell me that Floyd really really wants to fight Pacquiao?? The same man who Mosley claims was "forced to fight him?" You can say what you want about Pac, but Floyd's a pusssy "I ain't duckin and dodgin nobody"--get the fuck outta here Floyd you pusssy fuck, Pac hasn't been proven to be on anything and put it this way, put steroids in 10,000 men who started their career at 106pounds and how many do u honestly think can win 7 titles in 7 divisions not to mention beat fighters like Morales,Marquez,Barrera,Cotto on the way to the top? Many Many fighters have been proven of taking steroids in the past, Pac hasn't been proven of anything yet and Manny Quackiao? Please, don't tell me Floyd hasn't hand picked opponents and avoided fighters like the plague
torvix2000
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Mar 7 2010, 02:11 PM) *

And if you can find out who Cervix2000 really is, then I'd give your opinions some props. Who knows, Cervix2000 might just be one of your shipmates. LOL!
torvix2000
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 7 2010, 02:19 PM) *
You can honestly tell me that Floyd really really wants to fight Pacquiao?? The same man who Mosley claims was "forced to fight him?"

Yeah. These people are on the SHANE WAR TRAIN. Then, Shane says that Floyd was forced to fight him. So, it must be true for them. Otherwise, they need to get off the train.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.