Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Showtime@8PM (CST) SPOILERS 8:15: Darchinyan vs.Guerrero
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
For all comments on the Darchinyan vs Guerrero fight.

Jack

Administrator
Keith
I'll be watching the fight. Vic wins by early ko.
Mean Mister Mustard
Lenny Zappa seems to be an explosive puncher. Good counters.
KookedKrack
I don't know whether to watch this and dvr the hbo card or vice versa.
Keith
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 6 2010, 09:22 PM) *
Lenny Zappa seems to be an explosive puncher. Good counters.

He seems to be slowing down. He is eating overhand rights.
AussieLad
Not watching this card live, how far through is the Zappa-Angulo fight?
Mean Mister Mustard
Apparently they ar at the 11th. Zappa was doing well early on but Angulo is apparently outworking him.
Keith
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Mar 6 2010, 09:50 PM) *
Not watching this card live, how far through is the Zappa-Angulo fight?

end of the 11th. its been a good scrap.
AussieLad
I expected a tough fight from Angulo, given how he gave juan diaz a tough fight. Who's winning?
AussieLad
QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 7 2010, 02:53 AM) *
Apparently they ar at the 11th. Zappa was doing well early on but Angulo is apparently outworking him.

Shit no...
Keith
12th just ended. I had it 7-5 Angulo. Angulo did lose a point for hitting on the break. It could be the difference.

114-113, 116-111, 116-111 unanimous for Zappa

Not good scores. 116-111 twice is ridiculous. Flat out bullshit.
AussieLad
Cammon... give me a decision even if its dodgy for Zappa

LOL
AussieLad
They should give him the benefit of the doubt against a dude coming in 3 pounds overweight....
Mean Mister Mustard
Angulo is double tough. I also saw him against Diaz, Aussielad and also saw him on ESPN a couple years back upsetting an undefeated guy. Prospects beware.
AussieLad
So Zappa lost...?

The suspense is killing me. I may have to go take a shit
Keith
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Mar 6 2010, 10:02 PM) *
Cammon... give me a decision even if its dodgy for Zappa

LOL

check my last
AussieLad
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
AussieLad
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 7 2010, 03:00 AM) *
12th just ended. I had it 7-5 Angulo. Angulo did lose a point for hitting on the break. It could be the difference.

114-113, 116-111, 116-111 unanimous for Zappa

Not good scores. 116-111 twice is ridiculous. Flat out bullshit.

So does 114-113 sound reasonable, and the other 2 guys were on the crack?
AussieLad
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 7 2010, 03:06 AM) *
check my last

To be honest, when i picked up Zappa in the manager contest i felt that they may be rushing him into a big fight to quick

He has the potential to be good, but Angulo would not have been the guy i would have wanted him fighting considering he's just a baby in the sport. You dont want a prospect fighting a hard as nails guy like Angulo too soon, he could derail everything
Keith
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Mar 6 2010, 10:08 PM) *
So does 114-113 sound reasonable, and the other 2 guys were on the crack?

ya, 6-6 is about right. I have no problem with that. Even 7-5 for Zappa would be generous. I just cant see 8-4. No way. Zappa ate a lot of punches. He had 2 nasty cuts, one over both eyes.
Keith
Vic Guerrero fight about to start

rd 1 - 10-9 Vic, great action both guys throwing for the fences. G went to Vics body hard.
rd 2 - 10-9 Vic, more action, Vic landing upstairs, G looks to have a good chin and no fear, G keeps going to Vics body whenever he can.
rd 3 - 10-9 Vic, its an action fight, Vic won the 3rd easily with several shot upstairs, G didnt throw enough punches this rd.
rd 4 - 10-9 Vic, Vic throwing left hand bombs upstairs and to the body. G digs to the body when he can. G has a mouse on the eye.
rd 5 - 10-9 Vic, Vic is starting to break him down. G is game but doesnt have enough punch to keep Vic off of him. Good chin though.
rd 6 - 10-9 Vic, Vic fought most of the rd moving backwards, it seems to me he is getting tired. G still couldnt land significantly though.
rd 7 - 10-9 Vic, Vic was busier then last rd. He is clearly landing the heavier punches but G is still coming.
rd 8 - 10-9 Vic, Vic is landing some serous blows. G is one tough kid, he just keeps coming landing a few of his own. Vic seems a bit winded.
rd 9 - 10-9 Vic, the beating continues. Vic is beating him every possible way. G is not throwing enough to win a round.
rd10 - 10-9 Vic, not much to write, same story. G has a serious chin.
rd11 - 10-9 Vic, I cant believe G is still standing. What is it about Mexicans?
rd12 - 10-9 Vic, Vic went for the ko and landed some monster head shots. G took them and finished the fight.

120-108 Vic. It was a nasty display of punching power for Vic. G has an iron chin, I felt bad for the 22 yr old.
Fitz
I'm on a charter boat fishing and checking the round by round, lol. Come on Vic.
KookedKrack
Damn these two are going at it.....
AussieLad
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 7 2010, 04:19 AM) *
Vic Guerrero fight about to start

rd 1 - 10-9 Vic, great action both guys throwing for the fences. G went to Vics body hard.
rd 2 - 10-9 Vic, more action, Vic landing upstairs, G looks to have a good chin and no fear, G keeps going to Vics body whenever he can.
rd 3 - 10-9 Vic, its an action fight, Vic won the 3rd easily with several shot upstairs, G didnt throw enough punches this rd.
rd 4 - 10-9 Vic, Vic throwing left hand bombs upstairs and to the body. G digs to the body when he can. G has a mouse on the eye.
rd 5 - 10-9 Vic, Vic is starting to break him down. G is game but doesnt have enough punch to keep Vic off of him. Good chin though.
rd 6 - 10-9 Vic, Vic fought most of the rd moving backwards, it seems to me he is getting tired. G still couldnt land significantly though.
rd 7 - 10-9 Vic, Vic was busier then last rd. He is clearly landing the heavier punches but G is still coming.
rd 8 - 10-9 Vic, Vic is landing some serous blows. G is one tough kid, he just keeps coming landing a few of his own. Vic seems a bit winded.

Thanks for the updates Keith
AussieLad
WOW, just watched the vic fight

Gotta give Guerrero huge credit for his chin. Those shots at the end of the 12th, when he was beaten, tired... and he still stayed standing... unbelievable
Jack 1000
I had Zappa very far ahead like the judges did this time. There were several close rounds, and any close rounds are almost always gonna go to the guy with the better record.

Great win by Darchinyan against a challenger who never stopped trying. I had Vic 118-110.

Jack
Fitz
Very good performance. I liked Vic in this fight, I felt he was able to be a little more patient, he moved around more with his feet and didn't become predictable and just go looking for that one shot. He punished him and hit Guerrero hard all night, that was a good solid beating. Guerrero impressed me as well. He lost no doubt, but he still looked ok and the heart and chin he displayed was top notch. Many guys would have either lost that fight by knockout or lose it mentally after being broke down. He kept coming all night and never gave up. He was pretty young as well, so he impressed me as he was very inexperienced.
iron_mike
This Tszyu wannabe got a GIFT decision....sick of B.S. scoring, why, cause 22 and undefeated?
Jack 1000
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Mar 8 2010, 11:16 AM) *
This Tszyu wannabe got a GIFT decision....sick of B.S. scoring, why, cause 22 and undefeated?

I'll have to rewatch that fight and see what I come up with.

Jack
iron_mike
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 8 2010, 01:28 PM) *
I'll have to rewatch that fight and see what I come up with.

Jack

Had it 115 112, even w the BS point decuction, they gave it to him cause hes undefeated and 22 yrs old, Angulo won the fight imo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.