Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody ordering the Pacquiao-Clottey fight?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thisneverworks
Normally by this time before a big fight, I have a full house of people all signed up and ready to come over and watch the fight. With this Pacquiao-Clottey fight though, today was the first time somebody asked me if I was going to be getting the fight. I had to laugh because at this point I had given up hope and figured on passing on this PPV, since nobody seemed at all interested and I wasn't about to front all the money myself.

I am wondering if people outside of the super-Pacman fans out there are feeling the same lack of interest/excitement over the fight?
Snoop
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Mar 8 2010, 01:57 AM) *
Normally by this time before a big fight, I have a full house of people all signed up and ready to come over and watch the fight. With this Pacquiao-Clottey fight though, today was the first time somebody asked me if I was going to be getting the fight. I had to laugh because at this point I had given up hope and figured on passing on this PPV, since nobody seemed at all interested and I wasn't about to front all the money myself.

I am wondering if people outside of the super-Pacman fans out there are feeling the same lack of interest/excitement over the fight?

I was just thinking today to go to my friend's concert instead of buying the Pacquiao fight. Morally, I'm pretty disgusted with this fight, but the complete lack of promotion has made it easier for me to pass on it. I might actually do it...
D-MARV
Im streaming... Sadly, I'm saving my money for Jones-Hopkins
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 7 2010, 09:53 PM) *

I find that sad also, though probably not for the same reasons as you.

I'm not wasting my money on either.
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 7 2010, 08:53 PM) *

Pm me how your streaming.
Romulus9
Already have people signed up to head over to Casa de Romulus for both Pacquiao-Clottey and Mosley-Mayweather. I'm guessing we'll end up getting Jones-Hopkins II as well but that's clearly third on the list. The first two are definite.

The Pac-Clottey undercard has the potential to be quite entertaining, in addition to the main event.
mexi-cutioner
me and 8-10 other budies are going to watch it at a buddies house or head to a bar...and to your surprise...only 3 of us are filipino, the rest are *drum roll* caucasian!!

...and one indian guy lol
Snoop
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 8 2010, 02:36 AM) *
me and 8-10 other budies are going to watch it at a buddies house or head to a bar...and to your surprise...only 3 of us are filipino, the rest are *drum roll* caucasian!!

...and one indian guy lol

To whose surprise? Where did anyone here say that Pac fans were only Filipino?
SmartyBeardo
I should add that, while I will not be ordering the fight PPV, I did intend to attend until my schedule turned out not to allow for it. That might seem weird, but the venue is more interesting than the event itself for me.
JD
I am ordering...I consider it a very good fight and am looking forward to it.
kidbazooka1
I'll be watching it with my dad who is always rooting against Manny because he's still hurting from the marquez loss lol and my in laws they never miss a Pacqiuao fight so im sure you can guess what nationality they are.
Fitz
I haven't watched a live fight for a while, so will definitely watch it. I can't resist.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I'll be buying it, should be decent, Pac is never in a dull fight. Mosley/Mayweather is by FAR the biggest fight and justifiably so, but it wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be the better fight.
Lil-lightsout
Not getting it, cause I will be watching the state wrestling tourney all day and will not get home till later. Maybe I might be able to catch the main event via stream depending what time I get home? I think it should be a decent scrap and fun fight to watch.
lloyd mayflower
If its on over here for free I may peep it if im not working or blind drunk. Not a chance il be shelling out cash for it tho
salvador
QUOTE (JD @ Mar 7 2010, 11:33 PM) *
I am ordering...I consider it a very good fight and am looking forward to it.

It's hard for me to imagine that anyone here wouldn't be ordering this fight.

Unless you figure that the fix is in (a very real and horribly sad possibility given the potential Floyd-Pac matchup), this will certainly be Pac's stiffest test. A year ago if anyone would have mentioned this fight they would have been laughed off the board because of the size differential.

If this is a legit fight on a level playing field, this could easily be the most dramatic fight of the year. Between this and Floyd-Shane, I'll take Pac-Clottey all day.

thisneverworks
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 8 2010, 07:36 AM) *

I was planning on just watching a stream of it, which is typically what I do for big fights if I don't have people over to watch it. Most of the people who do come over are casual boxing fans though, and I find it interesting that not a single one (the person who mentioned it to me is more than a casual fan) has even said a peep.

I'm going to send out an email and try to drum up some interest but I generally do not like supporting something that only benefits Bob Arum, the guy is a cancer imo.
The CEO
Regarding my disinterest in Pac-Clot...I will quote a classic from the O.G. FH Poster, Alaganza...

"If these two were fighting in my front yard, I would close the blinds and call the cops."

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

In all seriousness though....I'll probably watch the replay the next week...just because it's Boxing, and it will be on....and I got a big screen with HD and Surround Sound.
torvix2000
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 8 2010, 01:36 PM) *

Unless you figure that the fix is in (a very real and horribly sad possibility given the potential Floyd-Pac matchup), this will certainly be Pac's stiffest test. A year ago if anyone would have mentioned this fight they would have been laughed off the board because of the size differential.

If this is a legit fight on a level playing field, this could easily be the most dramatic fight of the year. Between this and Floyd-Shane, I'll take Pac-Clottey all day.

Why would you order this fight when this is certainly a fix and even if it isn't, Pac's still on roids and there won't be any level playing field?
lloyd mayflower
Well, since iv found out its on and not PPV il be watching.

On another note, I see Torvixs sig is on some sort of abnormal growth regime. Man Torvix, how much do you wish you were Pac
Snoop
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Mar 8 2010, 05:35 PM) *
On another note, I see Torvixs sig is on some sort of abnormal growth regime. Man Torvix, how much do you wish you were Pac

That sig got him promoted to General of the Brig. I'm sure all the Brig boys are ecstatic to have a leader now. clapping.gif
D-MARV
I will certainly find a way to watch this fight. I WILL NOT buy it though because I plan on ordering Jones-Hopkins and Mayweather-Mosley.
Maxy
I'll be watching it but mainly because I haven't got to pay any extra for it. Don't get me wrong, I think it'll be a good fight, but I wouldn't have bought it if it was PPV.

I've already got to fork out for the Haye-Ruiz fight which I'm not happy about because the under card is shit for that one.
Snoop
Man. WTF is up with all this free PPV shit going on? I need to move out of here...
lloyd mayflower
Sky Sports show US PPV's on its normal channel cos theres pretty much NO casual fan interest in boxing in the UK. These PPV's would bomb here unless theres a british fighter involved or possibly an absolute megafight. I actually have my doubts of any fight that would do numbers here apart from Haye and Khan.
King Eugene
I'm a go to the local bar to watch this joint. Kind of dont want to cause I hate hearing casual fans talking out of their ass. I'll definitely order the Jones Hopkins fight. Well atleast pay somebody to order it cause my apartment complex comes with free cable and HBO but no box and I damn sure aint about to buy cable when I already get it for free. I most definitely wont miss Mayweather vs. Mosley though. Stylez your going to have to PM me that stream.
salvador
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Mar 8 2010, 11:35 AM) *
Why would you order this fight when this is certainly a fix and even if it isn't, Pac's still on roids and there won't be any level playing field?

Because maybe, just maybe, it's a legit fight and Pac will be too afraid of taking roids for it. If it is it'll be a great fight.
jlupi
Pac is never in a dull fight. Mosley/Mayweather is by FAR the biggest fight and justifiably so, but it wouldn't surprise me if this turns out to be the better fight. >>

I agree but will not be buying it. Im considering pac/mw but will prob try anouther way. I pretty much swore off PPV except for true mega fights. $50 was a psych barrier for me.
iron_mike
Either streaming online or there is a bar that still shows PPV fites, just a really small bar and gonna be real crowded, especially in an Asian neighborhood, not really Filipinos, but most Asian fans I know are Pac fanatics
The CEO
QUOTE (iron_mike @ Mar 8 2010, 03:24 PM) *
Either streaming online or there is a bar that still shows PPV fites, just a really small bar and gonna be real crowded, especially in an Asian neighborhood, not really Filipinos, but most Asian fans I know are Pac fanatics

Is that so?....makes me wanna buy a Dashiki, a Kufi, and a Ghanan flag and go find one a those Asian Sports Bars....act a fool for Clottey all night long....goin' around yellin', "FEEX!...FEEX!!...THEES SHEET EES FEEXED!!"...

laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 8 2010, 03:38 PM) *
Is that so?....makes me wanna buy a Dashiki, a Kufi, and a Ghanan flag and go find one a those Asian Sports Bars....act a fool for Clottey all night long....goin' around yellin', "FEEX!...FEEX!!...THEES SHEET EES FEEXED!!"...

laugh.gif

ROTFLMAO...

The CEO
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 8 2010, 03:48 PM) *
ROTFLMAO...

Yeah!....gotta get some African Drums too!...LMAOO!
King Eugene
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 8 2010, 04:01 PM) *
Yeah!....gotta get some African Drums too!...LMAOO!

man I cant stop laughing every time I repeat that in my head with an African accent. LOL Reminds me of that comedian off of Next Friday "What is thees, I cant get jiggy with thees sheet"
torvix2000
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 8 2010, 08:14 PM) *
Because maybe, just maybe, it's a legit fight and Pac will be too afraid of taking roids for it. If it is it'll be a great fight.

FAN OF DEVASTATION. This is what it's all about. No whining about everything else. No p***ies.
HaydelHammer
I'll find it online to view i'm sure. If i don't...oh well

not ordering though.
torvix2000
I'm ordering Pacquiao-Clottey and Mayweather-Mosley because I can. And if I can't both, I'd find a way to.
KOpower
I actually think this could be a very entertaining fight. Clottey is no joke. I just don't know if he will be active enough to win. He needs to hit Pac with some really sharp counter-shots. Once I saw that Cotto couldn't hurt Pac in the first few rounds I knew it was over. Cotto just can't take punishment. Clottey, otoh, has great defense, a rock solid chin, and a body that won't break as easily as Cotto's does. He will put pressure on Pac later in the fight that Oscar-Hatton-Cotto couldn't.
KOpower
BTW...does anyone know where you can view this one over the internet? I am going to be stuck in an airport. If anyone can PM me the info then that would be fantastic.
Jack 1000
THREAD CLOSED,

Because of discussion posts of on-line streaming and illegal activity relating to the PPV, which represents a copyright violation and cannot be condoned or endorsed in any way by FightHype.com.

Discussions of unauthorized Fight Streaming is not allowed. Links to any steams of fights, especially PPV fights per Fight Hype Policy may only be discussed through e-mail or PM. FightHype assumes no liability for such private communication.

All other public streaming topic discussions and URL Links, especially those involving PPV's will be removed.

Jack

Administrator
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.