Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Following up on "Anybody ordering the Pacquiao-Clottey fight?"
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
thisneverworks
I sent out an email to my typical boxing crew and 5 people were interested in watching the fight, not a bad turnout. I did find it amusing that 4 of the 5 mentioned this as an appetizer for Mayweather-Mosely. May 1st is going to be great!

What kind of reaction is everybody else running into out there for Saturday?
Romulus9
I've gotten more interest for this fight than for Mayweather-Mosley, although having people to jump in and order either fight won't be the problem. (Jones-Hopkins II will be the challenge.)

The reasoning?

They all love to watch Pacquiao.

They all despise Mayweather. All kinds of names. None of them flattering.

I agreed with them all.
torvix2000
I think the reason this is an appetizer is simple: Pacquiao pulverizes Clottey (which is supposed to be impossible) and Floyd will be in a lot of pressure because he can no longer bad mouth Pac about the steroids thingy since the law suit was already filed and he has to respond within 1 month. He has to "badmouth" Pacquiao in the ring against Mosley!
Romulus9
Not one of them. And there are several. Among the group, two are incredibly pale and the other is Italian.

For the May 1st card, only two people have really expressed interest.

They just hate Mayweather, as well as the concept of paying to see him. They're doing it because it's a big fight, and even then it's more because of Shane. Honestly, the two who have signed on for Mosley-Mayweather both said, verbatim, "I'll throw in because I want to be watching live when he gets beat."

Hatred.

Not just regular, run-of-the-mill hatred.

True, deep, STEVENSKI hatred.

Whatever. It's at my house, they're chipping in, and it's my DVD recorder hooked up to the satellite box so I come out ahead regardless. (I do hope PBF gets starched though.)
Romulus9
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 9 2010, 10:57 PM) *
I gotta be there to see PBF get dropped at Twitchland by The Shane War Train.

All Shane has to do is temporarily change his last name to Lockridge. That should take care of it.

Ask Roger.
thisneverworks
How only two people, regardless of the level of dislike for Mayweather, would be interested in watching Mayweather-Mosley is beyond me. If you hate Mayweather that much, you think you would like to see the fight just because of the potential of what Mosley could do to him.

At least with Manny-Clottey, casual fans/the general public have an excuse (i.e. Who the hell is Clottey?) so I can understand the lack of interest. For Mayweather-Mosley, though, I don't know how anybody wouldn't see that as a can't miss fight.
mexi-cutioner
My buddy made a facebook event and almost 20 people are attending Clottey-Pacquiao on saturday at his house. The part I live in Canada is predominantly caucasian and natives so only 4 asians are going to be there, my white buddies are the most excited out of them all and have been talking about it all day and making wagers with me about the undercard. A couple chicks are coming too who are extremely interested hahaha it should be a good night, but of course everyone has got May 1st circled on their calendar that's the night everyone is REALLY looking forward too..
sweetscientist1
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Mar 9 2010, 11:28 PM) *
How only two people, regardless of the level of dislike for Mayweather, would be interested in watching Mayweather-Mosley is beyond me. If you hate Mayweather that much, you think you would like to see the fight just because of the potential of what Mosley could do to him.

At least with Manny-Clottey, casual fans/the general public have an excuse (i.e. Who the hell is Clottey?) so I can understand the lack of interest. For Mayweather-Mosley, though, I don't know how anybody wouldn't see that as a can't miss fight.

PBF vs Mosely will outsell Pac vs Clottey at least 5 fold. Nobody cares about Pac or Clottey. I live here in Vegas and you have to remind people that Pac is even fighting this weekend. All you hear about is Mosely May and I can't even find 1 fight party for this weekend. Floyd will prevail when it's all said and done and Manny will make sure he doesn't face Floyd now that he has to test. Plus this fight will easily justify May getting at the very least a 65% split on the purse because now we all know Manny is dirty and he's running from Floyd. Clottey- Top Rank fighter tailor made for Pac. No footwork and covers up in the corner. Game over in 9 rounds. Pac can get his easy win and fade away forever.
mexi-cutioner
When I watch with my buddies we just get super shitfaced by the time the final undercard rolls around, most times I have to re watch the fight on a shitty youtoube stream the next day to remember the details of the fight. We also wager on the fights there are always people out there to bet againts Pacquiao no matter who he faces..getting drunk and betting with friends is what makes the actual event that much more exciting thumbsup_anim.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 09:37 PM) *
I can't watch big fights with big groups of people. I get annoyed at all the idiots and everybody becomes a boxing expert based on a few Mike Tyson fights they may have watched, or some Ali documentaries or some other DLH or marquee fights. They also gain a lot of knowledge of boxing based on the couple of street fights they may have had.

I couldn't agree with you more. I get so heated at that, sometimes over heated. The other night me and a few friends where watching the Alexander fight. Well I was watching it and they where just there waiting on me to finish watching it so we could all go out and the started talking about how Manny was scared of Floyd and Floyd is the best ever and blah blah blah. Believe it or not most of my friends think I'm not a Mayweather fan cause I'm always countering everything they say about him. Prime example one of my homeboys who know shit about boxing swears Floyd is the greatest ever cause he has no loses and he has fast hands. Then he argued with me that Manny was undefeated until I showed the fool him getting KO'd on youtube. I ask him who's better Floyd or Calzaghe and he had absolutely no idea who Calzaghe was. LOL Anyway it gets to the point where I start cursing and threatening to put people out. LOL UGH I hate watching fights around too many people period.
Lil-lightsout
I actually like it with more people watching. Most people do not debate with me about boxing and respect my knowledge that know me well. In fact most always ask me tons of questions regarding fights and fighters. It is just more enjoyable with the atmosphere element of having others witnessing a great fight than by myself.
The Original MrFactor
I've will have worked 11 days in a row. I havent gotten to see any good fights in months. i was really dead set against ordering this one. I'm relaxing this weekend, with nothing to do... Temptation is gonna really be bad.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 12 2010, 02:30 AM) *
I've will have worked 11 days in a row. I havent gotten to see any good fights in months. i was really dead set against ordering this one. I'm relaxing this weekend, with nothing to do... Temptation is gonna really be bad.

True.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Original MrFactor @ Mar 12 2010, 06:30 AM) *

I think we've all ordered fights FAR more shameful than this one.
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Mar 11 2010, 10:39 PM) *
True.

don't lie smartyqueerdo u fake ass businessman, you'll be ordering this fight and you'll be looking forward to it more than torvix
mexi-cutioner
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 11 2010, 11:55 PM) *
I think we've all ordered fights FAR more shameful than this one.

I once paid $40+ dollars ordering a PPV that was headlines by Julio Cesar Chavez Jr...true story
Warlord
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 09:37 PM) *
I can't watch big fights with big groups of people. I get annoyed at all the idiots and everybody becomes a boxing expert based on a few Mike Tyson fights they may have watched, or some Ali documentaries or some other DLH or marquee fights. They also gain a lot of knowledge of boxing based on the couple of street fights they may have had.

Same here. I absolutely can't stand ignorant motherfuckers. I wish I was a "grin and bear it" kind of guy, but I'm not. I get unreasonabely angry at retardation and then snap.

I gotta watch fights alone. Especially mega fights involving one of my favorites. I'm not the kind of motherfucker of who can just reasonably explain to fucktards why a fighter isn't a has-been, never-was bum just because he lost a close fight.

The last time I tried to watch a fight with someone was with my wife. (A kick-boxing match, actually.) I remember her saying it wasn't a fair fight. I asked why. She said "He should let the other guy get some hits in. He kicked him in the leg, even though he knew the guy had leg problems. That's cheap."

I didn't bother to correct her. I instead passed on the instructions that she head into the kitchen and fix me something to eat, drop it off, and continue on into the bedroom; where I might be compelled to enter myself after the passage of a decent interval of time.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Do you want me to kiill you guys? Regardless of PPV quality they always charge $29.95 (NZD) per fight. So I don't really care what they put on, I buy 'em all!!!
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (mexi-cutioner @ Mar 12 2010, 04:21 AM) *
don't lie smartyqueerdo u fake ass businessman, you'll be ordering this fight and you'll be looking forward to it more than torvix

Glad to see your nut sac finally fall, at what age? 28 and still trying not to graduate from a fine Canadian university. By now you should be the hegemon of that place.

Enjoy your Quackman Tranny circle jerk.

When they kick you out of that university, send me a resume. Of course you will have to clean (rather than drink out of) the shitters.

(guilty as charged, Boss. Do what you gotta do)

The CEO
Alright....I tried...

Topic closed.

That's 20 days in the cooler...both of you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.