Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VITALI IS A BITCH!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
thehype
JAMES TONEY: "VITALI IS A BITCH!"

"The Klitschko sisters are a bunch of bitches. I go to the gym today and hear he's fighting some bum from the UK. Vitali is a bitch," shouted a heated James "Lights Out" Toney moments ago when he contacted FightHype.com to express his disgust at WBC Heavyweight Champion Vitali Klitschko's latest selection of opponents. "They letting these dudes get away with fighting bums and they aint saying nothing. I have never heard of this dude."

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content7121.html

Quite frankly, I just couldn't even think of any other way to put it out there.

Ummmm...CEO...can I get some of kind of Hate Wagon started...these guys are KILLING the heavyweight division.

Man, when Mike Tyson was walking around as the heavyweight division, did he let some fat, old man walk around calling him a bitch, pussy or coward? Would Evander Holyfield let that shit happen? How about Larry Holmes?

WTF!!!!!!!!

Man, this shit is crazy...dude is getting like $1 million...not even the networks can do anything about it...Toney probably would have taken the fight for $250,000...WTF???????

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I'm just glad to hear James was going to the gym laugh.gif

Seriously this is a bad situation. Love or loathe Toney you have a legit hall of Famer ready to step up to the plate and they go for Albert whassisname? I only pray that at some point in the fight Albert closes his eyes swings for the fences and 'McCall's' his arse.
Byrd Man
While this Polish guy isn't exactly super qualified to get a title shot, and it seems many people get a title shot without really deserving it, why does James Toney and others think that it's a no brainer that he DESERVES a title shot?

his last 10 opponents:

Matthew Greer
Fres Oquendo
Hasim Rahman
Danny Batchelder
Samuel Peter (back to back)
Hasim Rahman
Dominick Guinn
John Ruiz
Rydell Booker

two losses (to Peter) and two No Contests (Rahman and Ruiz).

I'm not saying Toney is any more or less "worthy" of a title shot, but I just find it funny how people act like the Klitschkos are afraid of Toney. But then again, James has always had the "I'm going to piss someone off enough that they're going to give me a fight" mentality.

Like the kid who gets refused the chance to play at kickball, and he stands back and says "you guys just don't want me to play because you know I'll beat you", trying to trick the other guy into saying "oh yeah, well let's see!"

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 10 2010, 02:59 AM) *
While this Polish guy isn't exactly super qualified to get a title shot, and it seems many people get a title shot without really deserving it, why does James Toney and others think that it's a no brainer that he DESERVES a title shot?

his last 10 opponents:

Matthew Greer
Fres Oquendo
Hasim Rahman
Danny Batchelder
Samuel Peter (back to back)
Hasim Rahman
Dominick Guinn
John Ruiz
Rydell Booker

two losses (to Peter) and two No Contests (Rahman and Ruiz).

I'm not saying Toney is any more or less "worthy" of a title shot, but I just find it funny how people act like the Klitschkos are afraid of Toney. But then again, James has always had the "I'm going to piss someone off enough that they're going to give me a fight" mentality.

Like the kid who gets refused the chance to play at kickball, and he stands back and says "you guys just don't want me to play because you know I'll beat you", trying to trick the other guy into saying "oh yeah, well let's see!"

Blah blah blah, cry me a freakin river. OK here's a pop quiz, name me ONE of Albert's Whassisname's opponents WITHOUT going to boxrec laugh.gif
King Eugene
Thats some Ho shit...

Jack 1000
Yea,

You have to go back a long way to find either of the Klitschko sisters in an exciting fight!

Jack
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Mar 10 2010, 01:54 AM) *
JAMES TONEY: "VITALI IS A BITCH!"

"The Klitschko sisters are a bunch of bitches. I go to the gym today and hear he's fighting some bum from the UK. Vitali is a bitch," shouted a heated James "Lights Out" Toney moments ago when he contacted FightHype.com to express his disgust at WBC Heavyweight Champion Vitali Klitschko's latest selection of opponents. "They letting these dudes get away with fighting bums and they aint saying nothing. I have never heard of this dude."

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content7121.html

Quite frankly, I just couldn't even think of any other way to put it out there.

Ummmm...CEO...can I get some of kind of Hate Wagon started...these guys are KILLING the heavyweight division.
Man, when Mike Tyson was walking around as the heavyweight division, did he let some fat, old man walk around calling him a bitch, pussy or coward? Would Evander Holyfield let that shit happen? How about Larry Holmes?

WTF!!!!!!!!

Man, this shit is crazy...dude is getting like $1 million...not even the networks can do anything about it...Toney probably would have taken the fight for $250,000...WTF???????

I'm not sure if that's a very good idea. I mean, we're pretty busy right now hating on a more HATE-WORTHY chump...that fraud Manny Pacquiao. The Klits at least fight guys in their own weightclass...

We'll bring it up at the next Player Haters Ball and see if we can find time to squeeze them in...

The CEO
laugh.gif

I would create one for them in a heartbeat, Hype...if I didn't appreciate their skills... worried_anim.gif

I'm thinkin' Nay Sayer or Maxy might be able to oblige you though...lol
BGv2.0
I know that even HBO is getting fed up with the Klits boring, dominating...yet unimpressive fights. I've heard they chose to skip this one. I'm wondering if they are also skipping on the Wlad/Povetkin fight as well.....because that one actually interests me.
Maxy
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 10 2010, 08:53 AM) *
laugh.gif

I would create one for them in a heartbeat, Hype...if I didn't appreciate their skills... worried_anim.gif

I'm thinkin' Nay Sayer or Maxy might be able to oblige you though...lol

laugh.gif

Nah, maybe Nay still has nightmares about those sigs we had to endure but I'm well over it.

Not to say my hate for both Klits isn't strong though, but I'm not a committed hater so any hate wagon under my name wouldn't pack the necessary punch.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Mar 10 2010, 12:04 AM) *
Blah blah blah, cry me a freakin river. OK here's a pop quiz, name me ONE of Albert's Whassisname's opponents WITHOUT going to boxrec laugh.gif

I already pointed out that it's not like this Polish guy has a legit reason for being a title challenger, and I'm not saying that Toney shouldn't be allowed to fight Vitali or Wlad, it's just he seems to think he has some birthright to fight them, and it comes off like he's trying to just piss them off enough to give him a shot, kinda like what Haye did.

I guess when you're at the end of your career, and you can't get fights you want, the only way to get them is to talk as much shit as you can, and degrade your potential opponents.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Mar 10 2010, 09:17 AM) *
I know that even HBO is getting fed up with the Klits boring, dominating...yet unimpressive fights. I've heard they chose to skip this one. I'm wondering if they are also skipping on the Wlad/Povetkin fight as well.....because that one actually interests me.

They're skipping on the Wlad/Chambers fight, I know. They're skipping on the Vitali fight as well? damn. HW division is DEFINITELY fallen on hard times.
thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 10 2010, 06:14 PM) *
I already pointed out that it's not like this Polish guy has a legit reason for being a title challenger, and I'm not saying that Toney shouldn't be allowed to fight Vitali or Wlad, it's just he seems to think he has some birthright to fight them, and it comes off like he's trying to just piss them off enough to give him a shot, kinda like what Haye did.

I guess when you're at the end of your career, and you can't get fights you want, the only way to get them is to talk as much shit as you can, and degrade your potential opponents.

First and foremost, James Toney has ALWAYS talked trash about anyone and everyone...fighters, reporters, promoters...doesn't matter...so I wouldn't make it sound like he's just doing it now because he's at the end of his career.

Second, since when do you need a "legit" reason to be a title challenger? Was Mike Tyson the top contender when he fought Lennox Lewis? Was Danny Williams worthy of a title shot when he fought Vitalia? Was Hasim Rahman worthy when he fought Wladimaria? FUCK who's worthy and not worthy. If we're going by that logic, then TECHNICALLY, Ray Fuckin Austin should be fighting Vitalia next since he's the WBC mandatory. In fact, come to think of it, James Toney is ranked #5 by the WBC...meanwhile, this Sosnowski cat is ranked #13 by the exact same organization. So not for nothing, but James Toney has a lot more right to fight Vitalia than this bum does.

WTF?????

No ifs, ands or buts about it....VITALIA IS A BITCH!

And the heavyweight division SUCKS ASS because nobody is making any meaningful fights. Look, whether you think James Toney has a shot or you think he's gonna get pounded into the canvas, either way, the motherfucker is coming to fight and that's what the heavyweight division is lacking...motherfuckers who are willing to fight. We got A LOT of BITCHES in the heavyweight division...Vitalia and Wladimaria aren't the only ones.

Byrd Man
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 06:06 PM) *
I am not against Toney fighting the Klitschko's, I am not even saying he doesn't deserve it. The only thing I find laughable are people trying to spin it into that they are 'scared' of Toney and a bitch for not fighting him. Now that's pretty funny.

*Apollo voice* Ding. Ding.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 09:06 PM) *
I am not against Toney fighting the Klitschko's, I am not even saying he doesn't deserve it. The only thing I find laughable are people trying to spin it into that they are 'scared' of Toney and a bitch for not fighting him. Now that's pretty funny.

I do not think it is funny or too off. Style wise he poses some problems that these certain chumps do not want to face. They would rather face greener less tough challenges IMO. I mean if he is that small,fat,washed up,etc...fight him already. He has a bigger name than any of these other pretenders they have been feasting on, and clearly lesser fighters have been giving opportunities recently. So people can make there jokes about him all they want, atleast Toney WILL fight anyone out there and never ducked anyone.
Warlord
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Agreed 100%, and James Toney is my favorite fighter today. But let's call a spade a spade. Wladimir Klitchsko has the best comp record of any active heavyweight in the world today, next to Evander Holyfield. To suddenly act like he's pussed out of fighting James Toney is just ludicrousness. I'm gonna let it go at that for now.
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Mar 10 2010, 08:56 PM) *
First and foremost, James Toney has ALWAYS talked trash about anyone and everyone...fighters, reporters, promoters...doesn't matter...so I wouldn't make it sound like he's just doing it now because he's at the end of his career.

Second, since when do you need a "legit" reason to be a title challenger? Was Mike Tyson the top contender when he fought Lennox Lewis? Was Danny Williams worthy of a title shot when he fought Vitalia? Was Hasim Rahman worthy when he fought Wladimaria? FUCK who's worthy and not worthy. If we're going by that logic, then TECHNICALLY, Ray Fuckin Austin should be fighting Vitalia next since he's the WBC mandatory. In fact, come to think of it, James Toney is ranked #5 by the WBC...meanwhile, this Sosnowski cat is ranked #13 by the exact same organization. So not for nothing, but James Toney has a lot more right to fight Vitalia than this bum does.

WTF?????

No ifs, ands or buts about it....VITALIA IS A BITCH!

And the heavyweight division SUCKS ASS because nobody is making any meaningful fights. Look, whether you think James Toney has a shot or you think he's gonna get pounded into the canvas, either way, the motherfucker is coming to fight and that's what the heavyweight division is lacking...motherfuckers who are willing to fight. We got A LOT of BITCHES in the heavyweight division...Vitalia and Wladimaria aren't the only ones.

Hype, this shit started when the belts got split up and NOBODY wanted to fight. Lennox was just as guilty of it as anyone else. Not to mention John Ruiz holding the WBA strap hostage, even AFTER Roy lifted it from him.

Shit, Chris fucking Byrd was the ONLY guy going around fighting people.

That whole crop of heavyweights severely fucked up the division. It needs more guys like Arreola and Toney that just want to fight. Say what you will about their work ethic, if more guys were like them then the cream would naturally rise to the top.
Spyder
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 10:31 PM) *
Like I said, heavyweight is shit I am not against Toney getting a fight with one of them, but seriously guys. Don't try spin it into something else laugh.gif

People just want a heavyweight fight that they can get excited for.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 10:31 PM) *
I am a fan of Toney, but people stop kidding yourself. This is the same Toney that couldn't get past Peter or his jab, struggled with Rahman and now he is going to give problems to a guy that is 6'6 and built like a greek god? Style wise he poses things that Klitschko's may not have faced, but that is just going to be a new style that they will give a beating to.
I seriously just cannot comprehend what some people are trying to say and I find it pretty damn funny. I'm not just talking about you lights-out. Just in general. How anybody can give Toney a chance or suggest the Klitschko's are scared is beyond me.
Toney has NO fucking chance. Zero, 0, nada, zilch against the Klitschko's. For fucks sake, he is 41, about 5'10 and obese. You say that Toney will give something new that the Klitschko's haven't faced, what about the Klitschko's bringing something that Toney hasn't faced? A strong straight jab from a real heavyweight that is about 6'6-6'7. Now that is something that will give Toney problems, not the other way around.
I would like to hear a break down from anybody on how Toney makes it winnable. Without even seeing these other bums the Klitscko's are facing, I can almost believe that they would be just as competitive as Toney just based on size alone.
For crying out loud, he can't even get past Peter and people think he has a shot against a Klitschko.

Like I said, heavyweight is shit I am not against Toney getting a fight with one of them, but seriously guys. Don't try spin it into something else laugh.gif

First and foremost I am biased, I am not kidding myself. BUT I will try and best give my reasoning for giving him a shot.

The Toney that fought Fres and some other heavies as a out of shape blob can not beat the Klits. I understand that. His last fight he came in much slimmer and was more dedicated in his training. If that Toney will show up at his best right now, I will give him shots against either Klit. Okay, please hear me out first before ripping me a new one,lol.

I ALWAYS thought Toney would beat Vitali. I just am not impressed with Vitali that much, his hands down and robotic style. I just do not see Vitali being able to hit James fluch the whole fight. I see James totally frustrating him and picking him apart, of course I am talking an in shape Toney. Vitali is just too damn predictable. Fat out of shape Toney will get busted up against Vitali, though Toney needs to be in shape and lean to make Vitali miss often and frustrate Vitali.

As for Wlad. If Wlad keeps Toney on the outside with his much more fluid style than his bro, Toney has ZERO shot at beating him. Toney's only shot is to fight on the inside and make that giant pussy fight and stop holding so damn much. WE all know Wlad is mentally weak against the right opponent, and all these stupid fighters are green and fight him on the outside and give up. IF Toney could stay on his chest and keep the fight there, he has an excellent shot at beating him. And I know that is a BIG if. Wlad can not fight on the inside to save his life. I just think Toney is too smart to stay on the outside with him. And Wlad would probably lose his cool with all of James' shit talking he might just open up more and give Toney opportunities to land some big shots on him. It is no secret Wlad does not have a good chin, and it is only a matter of time till someone mans up and goes after him and takes a shot at his chin.

Okay...I know I am showing best case possibilities. I am just sick and tired of all these BS defenses these guys make. Toney has a different style that could possibly present a different type of hurdle for them. Any of this stuff I say only can happen if Toney comes in very fit and at his best. Sure I know he is old now and even then maybe he just does not have it anymore either, but I still would love to see what he is capable of doing when he is in shape.

I KNOW this does not remotely change your mind, but just trying to give you my view point. Again, I know and have previously stated Toney gets killed by them before if he comes in a fight with them looking like he did against Fres. Though I always thought Toney would have an easier time against Vitali than Wlad. Vitali is just too slow and prdictable for James.

In closing Fitz... considering all these shitty heavies out there, I and many still would love to see Toney in there with a Klit. It is not like anyone else has tested them recently.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 10 2010, 07:02 PM) *
Hype, this shit started when the belts got split up and NOBODY wanted to fight. Lennox was just as guilty of it as anyone else. Not to mention John Ruiz holding the WBA strap hostage, even AFTER Roy lifted it from him.

Shit, Chris fucking Byrd was the ONLY guy going around fighting people.

That whole crop of heavyweights severely fucked up the division. It needs more guys like Arreola and Toney that just want to fight. Say what you will about their work ethic, if more guys were like them then the cream would naturally rise to the top.

yep yep. Lennox gave up his title rather than fight Byrd. Not saying that Byrd would have won, but it just goes to show that at that time, Nobody wanted to fight Byrd because he had a habit of making people look foolish (Ike not withstanding).

I remember Evander flat out refusing to fight him for that reason, until I guess nobody else would fight him (Holy) so Evander agreed to fight him, and Chris became the 2 time heavyweight champ.
King Eugene
For the record I think both brothers would beat Toney...EASY but I still would be excited to see it just to see James fighting again. The fight build up and press conferences would be classic! Everything about these other fighters fighting the Klits are boring all around in all aspects of the fight.

Hell to tell the truth I really wish they'd match up Arreola and Toney. Thats PPV Worthy!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 11 2010, 02:21 AM) *
For the record I think both brothers would beat Toney...EASY but I still would be excited to see it just to see James fighting again. The fight build up and press conferences would be classic! Everything about these other fighters fighting the Klits are boring all around in all aspects of the fight.

Hell to tell the truth I really wish they'd match up Arreola and Toney. Thats PPV Worthy!

Easy??? No way bro. This ain't Glass Jones' we are talking about. laugh.gif

Eating contest or boxing match for Arreola and Toney? Toney would embarrass crapola in a ring but I think he beats James in an eating contest.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 11 2010, 02:53 AM) *
Easy??? No way bro. This ain't Glass Jones' we are talking about. laugh.gif

Eating contest or boxing match for Arreola and Toney? Toney would embarrass crapola in a ring but I think he beats James in an eating contest.

EASY!!! Samuel Peter brah...Samuel Peter. Hell he was getting caught with over hand rights quite often his last fight. Dude didn't have any power to make Toney respect him. Klits would eat him alive man.

Oh and say what you want about Jones chin. He's only been dropped once by a shot to the chin and actually got up. Its the shots behind the ear that gets him.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Look I think it's really this simple: James Toney or this Albert dude? I think a poll would have to be close to 100% on this question.

Good fight? Nah James loses to both guys (unfortunately) BUT as has been stated earlier this could possibly be the first ever fight where they make the press conferences PPV and the fight free to air. LOL
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 11 2010, 04:08 AM) *
EASY!!! Samuel Peter brah...Samuel Peter. Hell he was getting caught with over hand rights quite often his last fight. Dude didn't have any power to make Toney respect him. Klits would eat him alive man.

Oh and say what you want about Jones chin. He's only been dropped once by a shot to the chin and actually got up. Its the shots behind the ear that gets him.

Actually LightsOut didn't mention Roid's chin, he just called him 'glass Jones' presumably coz it doesn't matter where you hit Roy these days laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Mar 11 2010, 03:16 AM) *
Actually LightsOut didn't mention Roid's chin, he just called him 'glass Jones' presumably coz it doesn't matter where you hit Roy these days laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Your right but usually when someone says glass they are referring to the chin as in Glass Chin.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 11 2010, 03:08 AM) *

Guess will never find out anyway since those giant fags look for the softest available comp anyway.

I don't care if its the shots to the forehead, nose, cheek, eye, etc. Jones always seems to find away to the canvas when being punched in his head. laugh.gif
Warlord
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 10 2010, 11:02 PM) *
WE all know Wlad is mentally weak against the right opponent, and all these stupid fighters are green and fight him on the outside and give up.

I disagree. Wlad has been knocked out, but he's never shown any signs of mental weakness. Not to me.

Wlad did everything he could to get off the deck against Brewster, regardless of the reason he was even on the deck to begin with. (Whether you subscribe it to him being weak-chinned, dehydrated, poisoned laugh.gif, or whatever.)

He later avenged his loss to Lamon Brewster while fighting with a broken finger on his left hand.

He kept his cool and dominated Ruslan Chagaev, even when Chagaev decided to punch him in the balls in the 5th, and hook him hard after the 7th.

He got off the deck THREE TIMES to take out Samuel Peter, and got up THREE TIMES before finally getting blasted out by Corrie Sanders.

In addition, Wlad's also fought well on numerous occasions after being cut. All of this doesn't strike me as a mentally weak fighter. If you want to suggest that Wlad is susceptible to getting blown out early, or make the case that he has glass in his chin, well, THEN you may have an argument.

But I've seen enough evidence to the contrary to actually entertain the idea that he's somehow walking around with some mental weakness when he enters the ring. Weak fighters don't get up off the deck three times to win fights.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (the ollie reed fan club @ Mar 11 2010, 03:16 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 11 2010, 03:21 AM) *
Guess will never find out anyway since those giant fags look for the softest available comp anyway.

I don't care if its the shots to the forehead, nose, cheek, eye, etc. Jones always seems to find away to the canvas when being punched in his head. laugh.gif

and James always find a way to make himself to look like a bigger idiot while fighting in small ass Casinos in the California desert. LMAO...hell when was the last time he was on a PPV card?

While I agree Vitali should have fought him it still would have looked like any other Vitali fight. His most exciting fight since Lewis was guess who....Arreola IMO. Sit back and watch Toney get folded up in the Octagon.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 11 2010, 03:22 AM) *
I disagree. Wlad has been knocked out, but he's never shown any signs of mental weakness. Not to me.

Wlad did everything he could to get off the deck against Brewster, regardless of the reason he was even on the deck to begin with. (Whether you subscribe it to him being weak-chinned, dehydrated, poisoned laugh.gif, or whatever.)

He later avenged his loss to Lamon Brewster while fighting with a broken finger on his left hand.

He kept his cool and dominated Ruslan Chagaev, even when Chagaev decided to punch him in the balls in the 5th, and hook him hard after the 7th.

He got off the deck THREE TIMES to take out Samuel Peter, and got up THREE TIMES before finally getting blasted out by Corrie Sanders.

In addition, Wlad's also fought well on numerous occasions after being cut. All of this doesn't strike me as a mentally weak fighter. If you want to suggest that Wlad is susceptible to getting blown out early, or make the case that he has glass in his chin, well, THEN you may have an argument.

But I've seen enough evidence to the contrary to actually entertain the idea that he's somehow walking around with some mental weakness when he enters the ring. Weak fighters don't get up off the deck three times to win fights.

You do know he QUIT against the journeyman Purrity when things got tough and he was way ahead? Sounds like a weak minded fighter who gave up to me.

As far as the first Brewster fight, I disagree with your take. This is my take and I have heard MANY people say the same as me. After Wlad pretty much pounced on Brewster for a few rounds and had him down numerous times and ready to go, I believe that Brewster TOOK Wlad's heart and Klit was sure tired and fatigued but still he folded either way you look at it in that fight. Wlad could not believe that Brewster was still there and lost control and his composure and that's when he fell apart and Brewster capitalized on Wlad's weakness. If Wlad would have kept his cool and just relaxed and boxed him he could have won an easy decision.

Wlad looked scared shitless against Peter and did go down 3 times and got up, but he DID NOT take out Peter. He won a decision. Only because Peter has/had no boxing ablility to take Wlad. I will give Wlad credit for getting up though and showing some toughness. BUT if he was calmer and more poised and mentally stronger to begin with he would have never went down to begin with.

And when Sanders battered in and KO'd him, to me it looked like Wlad did not even want to be there and had no clue what to do. Sanders took it right to him and Wlad could not take the heat. Where his brother Viali took all of Sanders bombs and heat and responded by giving him a beating cause he is mentally tougher.

Just my opinion. I do understand what you are saying. And I will admit Wlad has improved over the years, but I will stick firm to my opinion he is mentally weak.

Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 11 2010, 03:39 AM) *
and James always find a way to make himself to look like a bigger idiot while fighting in small ass Casinos in the California desert. LMAO...hell when was the last time he was on a PPV card?

While I agree Vitali should have fought him it still would have looked like any other Vitali fight. His most exciting fight since Lewis was guess who....Arreola IMO. Sit back and watch Toney get folded up in the Octagon.

You ever check the PPV numbers Calzaghe-Jones did? laugh.gif

King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 11 2010, 03:44 AM) *
You ever check the PPV numbers Calzaghe-Jones did? laugh.gif

Fact is it was on PPV. Doesn't matter how shitty the numbers where.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 11 2010, 03:46 AM) *
Fact is it was on PPV. Doesn't matter how shitty the numbers where.

Only a Jones' fan response. Also, it's were. Just playing man, you know you are one of my favorite posters here and I always enjoy ragging on one another.
Warlord
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 11 2010, 04:39 AM) *
You do know he QUIT against the journeyman Purrity when things got tough and he was way ahead? Sounds like a weak minded fighter who gave up to me.

His trainer stopped that fight, actually.

As far as the first Brewster fight, I disagree with your take. This is my take and I have heard MANY people say the same as me. After Wlad pretty much pounced on Brewster for a few rounds and had him down numerous times and ready to go, I believe that Brewster TOOK Wlad's heart and Klit was sure tired and fatigued but still he folded either way you look at it in that fight. Wlad could not believe that Brewster was still there and lost control and his composure and that's when he fell apart and Brewster capitalized on Wlad's weakness. If Wlad would have kept his cool and just relaxed and boxed him he could have won an easy decision.

A fighter loses due to exhaustion, or he loses because he got dismayed from beating the dogshit out of his opponent round after round? Which one seems more likely?

Aside from that, Wlad was clearly exhausted. There is no denying that.

Anyway, I don't really care enough to debate any of this at length, but as I said before, Wlad has the best comp record of any active heavyweight today. That's gotta say something.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 09:43 PM) *
I see what you were saying and agreed. I just wish you were more rational when Mayweather was involved laugh.gif

I just can't see ANYTHING in Toney that the Klitschko's would have anything to fear of. He is 5"10, can't punch at heavyweight, he is in his 40's and very fat. Like I said, I wouldn't mind seeing the fight, but I'm not going to try spin it that they are scared of him and ducking him.

laugh.gif

I agree with you and Byrdman..To think the Klitchkos are scared of him is crazy..Vitali has fought Lennox Lewis,what does James Toney have to bring that is supposed to scare him??Most boxers who are afraid in the ring it is mostly because their opponent has a lot of power..Toney doesn't..I'd like to see a Klitchko fight him though..I'd want to see Wlad fight him over Vitali..Toney hasn't looked good in his recent fights and after his fight against Fres,I don't see him winning any fight with a top heavyweight..
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 11 2010, 03:52 AM) *
Only a Jones' fan response. Also, it's were. Just playing man, you know you are one of my favorite posters here and I always enjoy ragging on one another.

I know man. We go at it all the time. I like Toney but when talking to you I'm Anti-Toney just to keep some shit going. Just like I am with Blaze. We go at it all the time about Holyfield vs. Jones back when Jones was the HW Champ.

But for the record Toney is a Whopper eating I got milk cant talk straight without slurring cause I got fat growing around my tongue no neck mutha sucka!
King Eugene
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Mar 11 2010, 04:18 AM) *
I agree with you and Byrdman..To think the Klitchkos are scared of him is crazy..Vitali has fought Lennox Lewis,what does James Toney have to bring that is supposed to scare him??Most boxers who are afraid in the ring it is mostly because their opponent has a lot of power..Toney doesn't..I'd like to see a Klitchko fight him though..I'd want to see Wlad fight him over Vitali..Toney hasn't looked good in his recent fights and after his fight against Fres,I don't see him winning any fight with a top heavyweight..

Toney aint winning shit but a Double Whopper eating contest!

You dont have to pay your bill no more when fighting Toney cause he aint putting nobody lights out. Hell at this point he couldn't even stop Roy. The Klits would absolutely destroy him.
thehype
Fuck that...Vitalia AND Wladimaria are BITCHES!

You don't create a legacy by beating a bunch of no-name, no-hopers. You create it by beating legends.

If Toney is so shitty, then fuckin fight him, knock him out, and add that scalp to your resume...period!

Shit, at this fucking point, I'd rather see the bitches fight Evander Holyfield than this Snoozeski cat.

How the fuck does the WBC even sanction this fight? They got their champion fighting #13 guy instead of the #1, #2, #3, #4 or #5 guy???? WTF????? BITCHES!!!!

Yep...I said it....BITCHES!

That doesn't mean that they're COWARDS...I'm just saying though....they're acting like BITCHES and they need to be called.

Just like some of you muddasuckas like to shit on Floyd for fighting Marquez or not fighting Macarena, you need to be shittin on Vitalia for opting to fight a guy who's not even ranked in the top 10 and that most of you have never even heard of. WTF? Some of you cats really trip me out.

LOL
thehype
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 11 2010, 04:23 AM) *
The Klits would absolutely destroy him.

Then fucking fight him!

Would Chris Nipple absolutely destroy him too? If you think so, then you need to call Al Haymon's ass and express your confidence to him, because Haymon's the one who said Toney was still too tough of a fight for Chris at this time.
thehype
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Mar 11 2010, 04:18 AM) *

Then they should fuckin fight him. For the record, you don't have to be "scared" of someone to act like a BITCH, and that's what Vitalia is doing...acting like a BITCH.

And you don't have to necessarily be scared of a fighter to be scared of fight. In my opinion, they just don't want to fight him because his style would make them look bad. That doesn't mean they would necessarily lose the fight, but why fight a guy who might make you look bad when you can fight a burger who's going to stand right in front of you let you jab his ass to sleep? Keep it real...you've probably never even heard of Snoozeski....probably never seen any of his fights....and yet, you think he's a better fight for Vitalia and can beat a top heavyweight better than Toney can?

Please!

Don't get me wrong...Toney looked horrible in a couple fights, but I attribute that more to his weight than his lack of ability to fight. The motherfucker can still fight...he's just sloppy when he's fat. How the fuck can it be okay for Hasim Rahman to put on a snooze fest against Wladimaria and Sam Peter go out like a chump against Vitalia, but James Toney fighting him is a travesty? John Ruiz got embarrassed by Toney, but he gets a crack at David Haye?

WTF man?

dntknw.gif
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thehype @ Mar 11 2010, 09:39 AM) *
Fuck that...Vitalia AND Wladimaria are BITCHES!

You don't create a legacy by beating a bunch of no-name, no-hopers. You create it by beating legends.

If Toney is so shitty, then fuckin fight him, knock him out, and add that scalp to your resume...period!

Shit, at this fucking point, I'd rather see the bitches fight Evander Holyfield than this Snoozeski cat.

How the fuck does the WBC even sanction this fight? They got their champion fighting #13 guy instead of the #1, #2, #3, #4 or #5 guy???? WTF????? BITCHES!!!!

Yep...I said it....BITCHES!

That doesn't mean that they're COWARDS...I'm just saying though....they're acting like BITCHES and they need to be called.

Just like some of you muddasuckas like to shit on Floyd for fighting Marquez or not fighting Macarena, you need to be shittin on Vitalia for opting to fight a guy who's not even ranked in the top 10 and that most of you have never even heard of. WTF? Some of you cats really trip me out.

LOL

You had me at "Fuck that"....you had me at "Fuck that"...

You my man HYPE for keeping it real.

Maxy
This Sosnowski fella was lined up to face Fraudley Harrison for the EBU title but then suddenly he gets this opportunity out of nowhere? I'd much rather see Toney get a shot than this no name nobody.

These Klit brothers have ruined the heavyweight division but of course they aren't entirely to blame because it has become the weakest weight class for years now.

David Haye is the only heavyweight worth bothering about in my opinion, simply because he has a bit of charisma. I just wish I had faith that he could beat both Klits to get them out of the game.....
HaydelHammer
man fuck vitali and the horse she rode in on.

pcraw
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 10 2010, 09:43 PM) *
I see what you were saying and agreed. I just wish you were more rational when Mayweather was involved laugh.gif

I just can't see ANYTHING in Toney that the Klitschko's would have anything to fear of. He is 5"10, can't punch at heavyweight, he is in his 40's and very fat. Like I said, I wouldn't mind seeing the fight, but I'm not going to try spin it that they are scared of him and ducking him.

laugh.gif

I think it's comedy when guys only think fighters fear other fighters that can knock them out. Styles make fight not punching power and I agree Lil Lights Out they may be avoiding his style more than the fact that they think he can stop them.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 11 2010, 07:40 AM) *

He had me at questioning the logical aspects of the WBC. loooooooooooool.

thehype
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 11 2010, 01:44 PM) *
He had me at questioning the logical aspects of the WBC. loooooooooooool.

I'm not even questioning their logic really, because I already know how fucked up it is...but I'm just saying, as a fan, how can someone even support this fight. I mean, to ask what makes James Toney worthy of a shot???? Shit, other than him being a future Hall of Famer who can actually still fight and will draw eyes to the bout just on the strength of his smack talk alone, how about the fact that he's ranked higher than Snoozeski? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the KLIT BITCHES are obligated to fight Toney, but damn, as the heavyweight champions of the world, they do have a duty to uphold the legacy of past champions and make the division as exciting as possible by giving fans meaningful fights. James Toney may not be the answer at heavyweight, but the motherfucker comes to fight and he ain't going to lay down the minute he eats the first jab from Vitalia. That's the problem I have with a lot of these heavyweights these days. It's like as soon as they eat the first jab from one of the KLIT BITCHES, they just freeze up and immediately go into survival mode. When the hell have you EVER seen James Toney go into survival mode? NEVER! And I tell you what, if the KLIT BITCHES are THAT good to where they do beat the shit out of James Toney, that's GREAT for the division too. The point is, these two BITCHES need to be put into the ring with someone who's skillful enough and mean enough to FORCE them into a fight...thus far, they've been content to take on every inexperienced or bitch as heavyweight that's out there. Say what you will about James Toney's weight, but the motherfucker ain't a bitch...he's definitely going to make the BITCHKOS fight, and quite frankly, I think that's just something that neither one of those guys are interested in...being in a real fight. I'm just saying. I'm not downplaying their skills, because I do think they're a tough assignment for anyone...but man, let me see what they can do when they're actually standing across the ring from a real dog. There just aren't very many real dogs in the heavyweight division right now. A lot of BITCHES, but very few dogs.
thehype
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 11 2010, 10:40 AM) *

laugh.gif

No doubt.
King Eugene
QUOTE (thehype @ Mar 11 2010, 09:41 AM) *
Then fucking fight him!

Would Chris Nipple absolutely destroy him too? If you think so, then you need to call Al Haymon's ass and express your confidence to him, because Haymon's the one who said Toney was still too tough of a fight for Chris at this time.

Be easy grasshopper I want them to fight him to but it still think they would break him down and beat him up.

And for the record he'd eat good ol Arreola up!
Byrd Man
QUOTE (thehype @ Mar 11 2010, 12:40 PM) *
I'm not even questioning their logic really, because I already know how fucked up it is...but I'm just saying, as a fan, how can someone even support this fight. I mean, to ask what makes James Toney worthy of a shot???? Shit, other than him being a future Hall of Famer who can actually still fight and will draw eyes to the bout just on the strength of his smack talk alone, how about the fact that he's ranked higher than Snoozeski? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the KLIT BITCHES are obligated to fight Toney, but damn, as the heavyweight champions of the world, they do have a duty to uphold the legacy of past champions and make the division as exciting as possible by giving fans meaningful fights. James Toney may not be the answer at heavyweight, but the motherfucker comes to fight and he ain't going to lay down the minute he eats the first jab from Vitalia. That's the problem I have with a lot of these heavyweights these days. It's like as soon as they eat the first jab from one of the KLIT BITCHES, they just freeze up and immediately go into survival mode. When the hell have you EVER seen James Toney go into survival mode? NEVER! And I tell you what, if the KLIT BITCHES are THAT good to where they do beat the shit out of James Toney, that's GREAT for the division too. The point is, these two BITCHES need to be put into the ring with someone who's skillful enough and mean enough to FORCE them into a fight...thus far, they've been content to take on every inexperienced or bitch as heavyweight that's out there. Say what you will about James Toney's weight, but the motherfucker ain't a bitch...he's definitely going to make the BITCHKOS fight, and quite frankly, I think that's just something that neither one of those guys are interested in...being in a real fight. I'm just saying. I'm not downplaying their skills, because I do think they're a tough assignment for anyone...but man, let me see what they can do when they're actually standing across the ring from a real dog. There just aren't very many real dogs in the heavyweight division right now. A lot of BITCHES, but very few dogs.

I agree, that the division is fucked right now, and that the Klitschkos tend to fight safe. That said, there's not many HW fighter who are going to be able to do much with them, considering their size advantages. Whether that's just do to them being so much larger than everyone else, or the fact that everyone else sucks, I dunno. Although the landscape does have some bright spots, overall it's not that great.

And I would have ZERO problem with him fighting either one of the brothers, but I just get this feeling from so many people that he's got a fucking birthright to fight them anytime he wants. That just by him talking shit and being "exciting" at press conferences, that they need to drop everything and kowtow to his every whim, and that they are obligated to fight him.

That's where I find fault. Not with the idea of him fighting them. He's paid his dues in this fight game, and while his recent fight history hasn't been illustrious, that too could be a product of just there not being much out there.

I haven't really been excited about a Toney fight since Jirov, to be honest. And for all the "Excitement" that he brings to a press conference and hyping the fight, is anyone really believing that this fight would go differently than any other of their defenses?

I mean Haye's a fairly exciting guy as far as abilities and whatnot. He talks a massive game and then look at his fight with Valuev. No matter how good a fighter is, if you have someone who's that much larger than you, and has decided to fight safe, there's really not much you can do.

Just my opinions anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.