Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPV@ 8PM (CST) SPOILERS 8:15 Pacquiao vs. Clottey
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Jack 1000
Follow all the action round by round, and post-fight reactions to the Manny Pacquiao vs. Joshua Clottey fight in this thread begining on PPV at 8PM CST. The countdown show is scheduled for 7:30 and spoiler threads will start around 8:15. No public streams are allowed. You may only use PM's or E-mail or streaming.

Jack

Administrator
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
WAR CLOTTEY!! Straight up, this could be a decent fight. The undercard is solid as well. Diaz-Soto will be a great fight, as will Castillo-Gomez. Those two fights could steal the show, as I think they will be wars. I give Arum credit for putting together a pretty good card. Clottey has good defense too, so I'm wondering if Pac will be able to get through with those shots. We'll see if he can keep up that work rate for 12 rounds, and if Clottey lets those hands go. I still think Pac's activity will win him a decision.
neophyte7
ITS a shame that today you can win just on work rate even if the punches don't land-- go Clottey
HaydelHammer
not a shocker after two rounds. right on schedule.
HaydelHammer
damn they pissing steward off. LOL
Snoop
All I can say is, Team Clottey are horrible actors in this ACT of a fight.
Snoop
Did Jim Lampley just say he admired the heart of Pacquiao for absolutely no reason? There is some serious Pacquiao cawk sucking here. LOL
D-MARV
The fact that this fight has been over for 20 minutes and there's only 6 posts tells me how much people cared about this fight.

That fight was horrible. Clottey probably only threw 100 punches the whole fight! The Fix was definitely ON
Snoop
The obsessive CAWK sucking from the HBO team just confirmed it.
The CEO
What up though...
D-MARV
What did Pac say in the Post Fight Interview?
torvix2000
There was no fix. Why would Arum even attempt a fix when there was no need for a fix.

You can wait for the fight which will generate huge money (combined with the rematch) if fixed.
caneman
LMFAO @ fix! Did y'all fools think ear muff ear muff 1 punch over and over would win anything? Wow this site is getting kinda bad & I got love for many of you! It's getting more pitiful than Clottey himself! laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (torvix2000 @ Mar 14 2010, 06:55 AM) *
There was no fix. Why would Arum even attempt a fix when there was no need for a fix.

You can wait for the fight which will generate huge money (combined with the rematch) if fixed.

Are you joking? This was seriously a glorified sparring match. Clottey actually could had made it interesting but chose not to. The super cawk sucking from Jim Lampley just showed they're trying to hype their man up.
caneman
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 14 2010, 12:55 AM) *
What did Pac say in the Post Fight Interview?

He said some GREAT BOXING fans (and people) on fighthype are acting like morons!
D-MARV
Whenever Clottey let his hands go, he landed and landed some good shots too. Clottey was ONLY there for the paycheck. He did NOTHING to try to win this fight!
Fitz
Just on what I saw, I bet Clottey would have had a pretty good connection rate. He landed a lot of what he threw, but he literally threw fuck all.
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 14 2010, 12:59 AM) *
He said some GREAT BOXING fans (and people) on fighthype are acting like morons!

That's FAR too advanced for Pacquiao.
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 14 2010, 12:51 AM) *
I knew it. Clottey was simply there to collect a paycheck which wasn't a surprise. I wouldn't mind if Clottey fell off the face of the earth. I think his attitude in fights is disgusting for a fighter. He is either lazy or too safe. Either way, he doesn't have anything other than a first gear and he just goes in to collect pay checks.

I will break this fix down tomorrow for anyone who doesn't think it was fixed...

Shit...I'll do a little now...quick.

1. Clottey trained to take punches for 12 rounds.

2. Clottey wasn't allowed to throw more than 3 punch combinations as Pac could take those...

3. Clottey looked and sounded great afterward...content even. ($)

Spyder
1. Clottey got paid more than he ever has.

2. Clottey gave little offense as he normally doesn't.

3. Pac merely outworked an inactive fighter.
thisneverworks
I want my fucking money back. What a disgrace.

The fact that the HBO crew gave Manny a verbal blowjob the entire fight made me sick. Not to mention Kellerman not asking the hard questions at the end of the fight but then trying to ask them hypothetically after (when he had the chance to ask them to Manny's face 5 minutes earlier).

Disgusting. $60 for that? Eat shit Arum. Eat shit.
Spyder
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Mar 14 2010, 01:08 AM) *
I want my fucking money back. What a disgrace.

The fact that the HBO crew gave Manny a verbal blowjob the entire fight made me sick. Not to mention Kellerman not asking the hard questions at the end of the fight but then trying to ask them hypothetically after (when he had the chance to ask them to Manny's face 5 minutes earlier).

Disgusting. $60 for that? Eat shit Arum. Eat shit.

Lamps was sucking that dick like the Pinoy had the fucking antidote in it...
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 14 2010, 01:05 AM) *
1. Clottey got paid more than he ever has.

2. Clottey gave little offense as he normally doesn't.

3. Pac merely outworked an inactive fighter.

1. Clottey threw less than he threw against Cotto.

2. Clottey looked strong as fuck in there...very well conditioned.

3. Clottey should have gone after and tried to squash the smaller fighter later in the fight....after all, his strategy looked to be one where he would eat punches to wear Pacquiao out.....but no...the later rounds come, and he walks into Pacquiao with his guard up to get inside....only to keep his guard up.

This fight was scripted....even the double punch...as that would serve as a distraction away from The Fix...it was something different.
namor
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 14 2010, 01:01 AM) *
I will break this fix down tomorrow for anyone who doesn't think it was fixed...

Shit...I'll do a little now...quick.

1. Clottey trained to take punches for 12 rounds.

2. Clottey wasn't allowed to throw more than 3 punch combinations as Pac could take those...

3. Clottey looked and sounded great afterward...content even. ($)

Ofcourse it was a fix.There`s no way they trying to ruin a potential Floyd vs Pac or Mosley vs Pac fight.Too lucrative.
JLUVBABY
allight guys i not to long ago got back to my hotel from the fight... i said it after the cotto fight and i will say it again... clottey has the skill but it seems not the heart to be a elite fighter... clottey seems to be scared of success... i swear it seemed he could have beaten pac tonight... when he decided to punch he had sucess... anyway that fight aside i thought diaz beat soto as did most others in the dome except for the soto fans (i was actually rooting for soto but thought he lost even with the 2 knockdowns...)... castillo quit... he's done... he got booed out of the arena... the rest of the fights where very good... saw some very nice prospects on the untelevised card... ill post the pics (and i have a shit load of them) tomorrow or monday when im back home...
HaydelHammer
BANG BANG BANG.....drunk ass lampley.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I went to a bar to watch the fight. It kind of went as expected, but I thought Clottey would put a bit more pressure on him. However, Pacquiao's work rate and angles really carried the day. I was hoping for Clottey to win, but really didn't think he would. I had a good time tonight, so I'm not too mad bout spending the money at the bar. It did seem like HBO was giving Pacquiao the typical star treatment, but what do you expect out of them. They do it every fight, and is what it is.

The undercard wasn't that bad. Duddy's fight was pretty good, from what I saw. It was sad to see Jose Luis Castillo get beat up like that against Gomez. He's really beyond his best days and his best weight class. I really hope he retires after this, but who knows, I said that after he fought Lujan on ESPN. This has worked out great for Gomez. First, he beat Soto-Karrass and now Castillo. He'll be setting him up for another big fight down the line.

The Diaz fight was ok. Soto actually looked pretty good in there, and had a couple nice knockdowns. Everytime Diaz came in and tried to apply pressure, Soto would let those hands go and keep him at range. Diaz landed some great shots in the middle of the fight, but it wasn't enough in the end.
salvador
I have no idea of whether or not it was fixed or if clottey intentionally did enough to lose, but I I know that those scorecards were paid for. Clearly all close rounds went to the money fighter.
thisneverworks
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 14 2010, 01:18 AM) *
BANG BANG BANG.....drunk ass lampley.

That was hilarious. Trying to make a fight where there wasn't any.

I have become tired of ESPN and HBO dancing around the drug testing issue with Manny and just sucking his dick. I think I may be ready to join a Manny hate wagon even if I was a fan of Manny's before this Clottey fight.

Of course, I may just be drunk. Time to pass out.

Spyder
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 14 2010, 01:16 AM) *
1. Clottey threw less than he threw against Cotto.

2. Clottey looked strong as fuck in there...very well conditioned.

3. Clottey should have gone after and tried to squash the smaller fighter later in the fight....after all, his strategy looked to be one where he would eat punches to wear Pacquiao out.....but no...the later rounds come, and he walks into Pacquiao with his guard up to get inside....only to keep his guard up.

This fight was scripted....even the double punch...as that would serve as a distraction away from The Fix...it was something different.

1. Pacquiao threw a shit load more than Cotto.

2. Clottey was well conditioned to take punches.

3. It's easy to say what Clottey should've done when you're not getting punched in the face.

I'd yell fix if it was in, but honestly...Pac was just too active for Clottey to counter. Joshua tried, but Pac was just too fast and too active.
JLUVBABY
i will also add to my last post that the manny that fought tonight loses to lil floyd... gets out boxed big time... clottey could have done so much more in this fight its not even funny it seemed like he didnt want to...
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 14 2010, 01:25 AM) *
1. Pacquiao threw a shit load more than Cotto.

2. Clottey was well conditioned to take punches.

3. It's easy to say what Clottey should've done when you're not getting punched in the face.

I'd yell fix if it was in, but honestly...Pac was just too active for Clottey to counter. Joshua tried, but Pac was just too fast and too active.

Spyder...Clottey had his guard up even when Packy wasn't bein' active...lol

It was obvious, bro...

1. Arum fighters

2. Hush Hush promotion

3. Texas

4. Mayweather on deck

5. Clottey's performance tonight.

Whatever...
torvix2000
This is the expected outcome out of Clottey=ADL and people are still thinking about a fix. LOL! Caneman was probably right in his translation of Pac's interview.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 14 2010, 12:25 AM) *
I have no idea of whether or not it was fixed or if clottey intentionally did enough to lose, but I I know that those scorecards were paid for. Clearly all close rounds went to the money fighter.

clottey won more than 1 round i thought maybe 3, 4 at most but the guy is so hard to root for its not even funny.... watching him tonight literally gave me a headache...
Provo209
Damn guys was it that Bad? I wasnt able 2 watch it I had to go to a engagement wedding retreat class.

Anyways FuCk PacRoids...from everyone thing I read man I can't wait until Floyd whoops his ass.. I think this will be Pacs last fight.

"Uh im congress now so uhh I don't have uhh time to uhh train "
KookedKrack
After every fight it seems Team Pacquiao just adds fuel to the fire of the Pontoon. I tried to save judgment until the 8 or 9th round but this shit was fixed. I'll just leave Lampley's quote here "It seems Clottey has come into this fight with no intention of winning"
JD
QUOTE (salvador @ Mar 14 2010, 02:25 AM) *

What rounds did Clottey deserve to win?
BigG
Pac was impressive and did alot of nice bodywork but Clottey really landed alot of clean head shots. Clottey didn't really take alot of punishment bu he got swarmed. I thought Clottey maybe won 2 rounds at best I wasn't really scoring but I know I thought Clottye pulled out round 5 and another middle round.
JD
I gave Clottey one round...in the end, I thought the scorecards were actually accurate.

kidbazooka1
Pacqiuao looked good he dominated a figher who had never been dominated and who many just a two years ago would have felt was way to big for him.

It's easy to say Clottey sould have should have done more but Manny is just on a whole different level he'll crush Gayweather when and if they fight.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Fix my arse. Clottey did what he ALWAYS does which is come up short in major championship defining fights.

If you go back to threads regarding his performance against Cotto the criticisms are virtually identical but no-one accused that fight of being fixed. In short Clottey is a guy who can't do it on the biggest stage, this is merely further evidence as to this point.

I'll tell you if it were fixed Manny's face wasn't supposed to look like that and I don't care how well Clottey was conditioned, if it was fixed no way ws he supposed to take that many brutal shots to the body, I bet the guy is pissing blood for a week.

When Clottey CHOSE to throw he actually made Manny look kinda bad and again if it was fixed this certainly wouldn't be on the menu.

Sure hate on Pac if you will but the fantasises and delusions of the Pac haters grows stranger by the day. I expect to see a conspiracy video on the fix in this fight on YouTube in the next day or so. LOL
AussieLad
The fix would only have been worth it if Floyd was gauranteed to beat shane, which he is not. I cant see shane taking a dive for anyone.

I think this is simply how this fight was always going to pan out. Clottey is way to inactive, he got swarmed and so never pulled the trigger.

Pac dominated clottey, a guy who doesnt know how to win big fights
ViperSniper
Clottey showed that he was capable of really troubling Pac when he decided to let his hands go but never threw enough or in combinations through the whole fight. By saying that, I was never on the edge of my seat or under the impression that Manny was in any danger of ever really loosing this fight…from the moment it was signed.

This is only the second ‘legit welterweight fight' Manny has stepped up to & have both been exhibition fights against punching bags. Since leaving lightweight his wins have not been as great as they appear on paper or by his fans with his demands, catchweights & shady performances like this.

Although it was a nice change & the attendance was pretty impressive it felt the electricity was lacking inside the Dallas stadium..even in this thread. I knew as soon as I saw Clottey smiling, dancing to the ring he got word that money entered his bank account sooner than expected. Clottey didn’t seem to be putting much on his punches & seemed at times they were taking it in turns throwing with no real exchanges in the fight. This fight reeked.
basicjab
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 14 2010, 06:57 AM) *
LMFAO @ fix! Did y'all fools think ear muff ear muff 1 punch over and over would win anything? Wow this site is getting kinda bad & I got love for many of you! It's getting more pitiful than Clottey himself! laugh.gif

Haha, translation: the panfoons are a bunch of faggots who can't give credit where credit is due.

Plan and simple. Cottley fights like he always does and Manny fights like he always does, one throws very few punches, the other throws a million..
JonnyBlaze
Article about the fight

I don't know why they called this a "supposed mega-fight"..Clottey has to be a top guy in boxing,not just in a weight division to create a mega fight..My thoughts on the fight---easy win for Pac-man even though Clottey landed some good left uppercuts..
Maxy
Very good performance from Pacqiuao whose work rate once again was extremely good. Clottey took a lot of good shots to the body and simply had no answer to Pacs punch output.

Fix? Get a life you twats. Did you expect Clottey to go in there all guns blazing like that's his style or something?

Agreed with the judges scorecards, thought they were bang on. Pacs work rate will definitely give Mayweather problems should they ever fight.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 14 2010, 04:38 AM) *
I expect to see a conspiracy video on the fix in this fight on YouTube in the next day or so. LOL

Funny as hell but given the hate people have for Manny here it might just come true.
Snoop
QUOTE (basicjab @ Mar 14 2010, 10:06 AM) *
Haha, translation: the panfoons are a bunch of faggots who can't give credit where credit is due.

Plan and simple. Cottley fights like he always does and Manny fights like he always does, one throws very few punches, the other throws a million..

First of all, caneman is not even on the Pontoon, meaning this disgrace of a fight was clear to even the general public. Second of all, ALL of us thought Pacquiao would win, but Clottey didn't show up to fight. He showed up to get paid.
Keith
At the very least, the fight was fixed in this way....

Team Manny fixed him up with a guy they knew had absolutley no chance to beat him.

Douchebag
I told you guys Clottey is a bitch.................Hopefully, Salvador will stop raving about this loser and find another fighter thats worth his backing. Oh, and there was no fix, Clottey is just born to lose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.