Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thailand Donates 50,000 Bottles of Whitening Skin Cream To Haiti
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
Douchebag
I could not believe this when I read it..............LMAO

Thailand Donates 50,000 Bottles of Whitening Skin Cream To Haiti
Abhisit hopes earthquake survivors will feel “more confident” with lighter, more radiant skin

BANGKOK – Responding to international criticism that its initial donation of $20,000 was insufficient, the Thai government has generously added 50,000 bottles of whitening skin cream to its aid shipment to earthquake-stricken Haiti.

“Thailand is a compassionate nation,” said Foreign Minister Kasit Piromya. “We noticed in the news that the Haitians are all very dark-skinned. This is surely one of the reasons they are living in poverty. With lighter skin they could be more successful.”

The donation is co-sponsored by Unilever Thailand Ltd., which has agreed to provide the 50,000 bottles of Citra Ultra White if the government provides shipping. Along with the whitening cream, there will also be 50,000 copies of Citra’s new brochure, explaining the power of Citra’s double-action anti-aging and brightening formula.

“Citra Ultra White lets you look and feel your best,” said Marlene Van Houten, Unilever’s regional marketing director. “Whether you’re standing in line for UN food shipments, or just sorting through the rubble of your devastated village, Citra Ultra White provides whiter skin and all-day UV protection.”

The whitening cream represents the single-largest shipment of its kind ever to a disaster-zone. Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said that the generosity of Thais was evident because so many people had encouraged the donation.

“Everyone kept talking about how black-skinned the Haitians are,” he said. “At every discussion about aid, the skin color kept coming up. I see now that the initial pledge of USD20,000 was very low because in the back of our minds we knew that these black people needed something more than just money.”

Many people interviewed for the story seemed to agree with the PM.

“I donated some money to help the Chinese after the Sichuan earthquake,” said office worker Vasana Prasarnmit. “But these Haiti people are so dark I don’t want to give them anything. Maybe if they were lighter, like Obama.”

It is believed that the whitening cream can make the homeless, starving survivors of the earthquake look whiter and brighter in just 14 days, according to the Unilever brochure. It is hoped that by looking whiter, the Haitians might be able to secure more aid.

“White skin is the key to succes in life, whether it’s job interviews, finding a mate, or being elected to office,” said Chulalongkorn sociology professor Urmkit Srisomwattanathip. “There’s no reason to believe this is any different.”

The Haitian government has tentatively accepted the donation, but has surprisingly appealed for more non-whitening aid.

“We have nothing,” said a local Haitian aid worker with the UN. “We need shelter, food, clean water. There are hundreds of children dying every day from dysentery. Please help us. For god’s sake, wake up and see the suffering.”

crazy

Mean Mister Mustard
You should have gone with your initial reaction.
JonnyBlaze
I learned last night that they try to whiten their skin in the Phillipines too..The lower class has darker skin and want lighter skin to resemble to upper class..This also came from 2 people who grew up in the Phillipines..
Spyder
From the rich part of the island.

Their first client...

The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 15 2010, 10:41 AM) *

Their first client...

LMAO! @ Sosa...still can't believe he did that...
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 15 2010, 10:41 AM) *

Their first client...

WTF? Is that the same dude?!?!
Spyder
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 15 2010, 10:57 AM) *
LMAO! @ Sosa...still can't believe he did that...

My wife told me that pail is in this season...you know, because of the Vampire movies. I guess Sammy was just staying ahead of the curve...lol
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Mar 15 2010, 11:38 AM) *
WTF? Is that the same dude?!?!

Yeah, that's former baseball great, and junkie...Sammy Sosa.

Douchebag
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 15 2010, 11:55 AM) *
My wife told me that pail is in this season...you know, because of the Vampire movies. I guess Sammy was just staying ahead of the curve...lol

SMH.
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 15 2010, 03:55 PM) *

Holy shit I thought that was a gag photoshop pic. I can't believe he actually whitened his skin.
Spyder
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 15 2010, 03:47 PM) *
Holy shit I thought that was a gag photoshop pic. I can't believe he actually whitened his skin.

I heard that he's a HUGE Twilight fan...
King Eugene
If I was his parents I would be embarrassed...
Fitz
Looks heaps better black. The new white doesn't look right, it gives him a sick looking colour. I understand why people may do it, though I never agreed with it, though I suppose the same thing can be said about pasty white people that go to the solarium to try get darker.
Though back on topic about Thailand. I have spoken to a few Thai people, and they have often told me that they like my skin colour (I'm not exactly white, as I am kind of brown) and they don't like being dark and want to be lighter.
I always preferred darker skin over light.
Lil-lightsout
Damn Sammy Sosa! I just don't get it. I remember a bit ago someone told me about this and I never checked, can not believe what I just saw. I mean he is a grown ass man and he did that to himself...why? Anyone know his reasoning for this? Is this normal for people to do now?
Spyder
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 16 2010, 03:25 AM) *
Damn Sammy Sosa! I just don't get it. I remember a bit ago someone told me about this and I never checked, can not believe what I just saw. I mean he is a grown ass man and he did that to himself...why? Anyone know his reasoning for this? Is this normal for people to do now?

He claims that he's just not out in the sun all the time since he retired from baseball...lol
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 16 2010, 08:05 AM) *
He claims that he's just not out in the sun all the time since he retired from baseball...lol

no2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.