Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jim Lampley is out of control
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KookedKrack

If you can see this without becoming enraged something is wrong with you.

EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Mar 14 2010, 05:49 PM) *

Hey DLH is retired so lamps needs somone elses nuts to suck so I guess he went with the man who beat his man...Serious Lamps man crush with manny is just horrible makes you want to mute the fight
JD
The room of us were laughing our asses off...Lampley was irate last night.

First berating the Duddy fight...then telling Castillo that he ever wants to fight again, to go do it in "Mexicali in front of his friends and family"...and of course, this.
Lil-lightsout
Man I was actually pretty embarrassed watching that, that was just sad. Those were some monsterous punches Manny landed, no wonder Lamps got so excited. rolleyes_anim.gif
gbh32001
Jim Lampley: Bang..Bang Bang Bang Bang.... Bang Bang....Bang...Bang...Bang...Bang bang Bang.. fuck.gif
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Mar 14 2010, 04:49 PM) *

as of right now pac is the house fighter..... if he does fight mayweather, mayweather will have to ensure he wins every round out right or we could have another chavez/whitaker... the house fighter always gets the benefit of the doubt...
thisneverworks
It is not just Lampley either, HBO's entire announcing crew is awful. Steward provides zero insight that the casual fan couldn't pick up on themselves, Lampley is such a biased fighter it is ridiculous, and Kellerman is too busy always trying to prove how much he knows, talks too much, and over-analyzes.

Love or hate Larry Merchant, he always told the viewer and the boxer exactly what he was thinking. In the post-fight interview Kellerman was saying one thing to Manny, and then tried to act all hard and almost (almost) call out Manny and Floyd together after. With Merchant at least if it was a crap fight he would start off with, "What made this fight so bad to watch?" and similar type phrases.

HBO really needs to freshen up that entire crew, and this video is a shining example of how that should include Lampley as well.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Mar 14 2010, 08:34 PM) *
It is not just Lampley either, HBO's entire announcing crew is awful. Steward provides zero insight that the casual fan couldn't pick up on themselves, Lampley is such a biased fighter it is ridiculous, and Kellerman is too busy always trying to prove how much he knows, talks too much, and over-analyzes.

Love or hate Larry Merchant, he always told the viewer and the boxer exactly what he was thinking. In the post-fight interview Kellerman was saying one thing to Manny, and then tried to act all hard and almost (almost) call out Manny and Floyd together after. With Merchant at least if it was a crap fight he would start off with, "What made this fight so bad to watch?" and similar type phrases.

HBO really needs to freshen up that entire crew, and this video is a shining example of how that should include Lampley as well.

Good post.

Merchant, Toney, and Hopkins for an announcing crew. thumbsup_anim.gif
alaganza
That was ridiculous.
Sugar_Q
QUOTE (thisneverworks @ Mar 14 2010, 08:34 PM) *

The politics of boxing right now is sickening.
Warlord
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 14 2010, 08:50 PM) *
Good post.

Merchant, Toney, and Hopkins for an announcing crew. thumbsup_anim.gif

Actually, I think Toney, Jones, and Hopkins on the mic would be hilarious. Jones is actually quite good on the mic. He breaks fights down really well before the bell. Toney would be there for the color commentary, and Hopkins could take Merchants role as the guy who says nothing for 20 minutes, but then suddenly shits out a gem that has you on the floor rolling.
Keith

Add Mike Tyson to that crew. Give him Lederers job.
Snoop
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 15 2010, 02:40 AM) *
Actually, I think Toney, Jones, and Hopkins on the mic would be hilarious. Jones is actually quite good on the mic. He breaks fights down really well before the bell. Toney would be there for the color commentary, and Hopkins could take Merchants role as the guy who says nothing for 20 minutes, but then suddenly shits out a gem that has you on the floor rolling.

I'd like to see that commentary crew go an entire broadcast without fighting amongst each other. LOL
EpTXCHAMP
QUOTE (JD @ Mar 14 2010, 05:55 PM) *

First berating the Duddy fight...then telling Castillo that he ever wants to fight again, to go do it in "Mexicali in front of his friends and family"...and of course, this.

Lol I think lamps was pissed that all the fights sucked...if you listen he says wanna throw sometime!? Lol almost like he was pissed off at clottey as much as we were for not throwing ha
pcraw
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 14 2010, 05:57 PM) *
Man I was actually pretty embarrassed watching that, that was just sad. Those were some monsterous punches Manny landed, no wonder Lamps got so excited. rolleyes_anim.gif

Agreed. He couldn't have picked a worse time to do that. Lol
Mean Mister Mustard
I actually think that having Jones as the expert was the perfect thing. Merchant would give his brutally honest opinion but if it was off Jones would correct him. If Lampley was out of control both Merchant and Jones would go off on him.

Fitz
I always liked Merchant. Is he going to do any kind of fights, or is that it for him?
dominicbuilder9k1
I thought Jim Lampley is a Mayweather fan..?..well, Pacquiao did what he always do...FIGHT and do whatever it takes, but i must admit the fight is not what many people expect.

I think Pacquiao"s speed and power has creep into Clottey's mind so much so that he went to fight with only one thing in mind....to survive the 12 rounds standing.
No fault with Pacquiao, but we expect Clottey to do the offensive or at least make an effort to make his countrymen and fans proud.

Anyhow, Manny Pacquiao did his thing,...in fact I don't think Floyd can do the same thing to Clottey..?...
tymoney
Awww man that shit was hilarious.. I didnt get the fight last night so this is all new to me.. def got my laugh for the night!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (pcraw @ Mar 14 2010, 10:28 PM) *
Agreed. He couldn't have picked a worse time to do that. Lol

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! He probably had that shit rehearsed and was just waiting to insert it during the fight. That seriously had to be one of the worst commentary pieces I ever heard. Still makes me laugh and embarrassed watching that.
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 14 2010, 03:40 PM) *

Hahahaha.... The first time I laugh today,...when I read this comment fro "Warlord".... "Toney would be there for the color commentary, and Hopkins could take Merchants role as the guy who says nothing for 20 minutes, but then suddenly shits out a gem that has you on the floor rolling." hahahaha....
Byrd Man
Didn't "enrage" me or piss me off or anything, although it did make me laugh a bit and cock my head to the side like the RCA dog thinking "the fuck is he talking about?" lol

more than anything, it reminded me of this guy:

STEVENSKI
I felt very angry watching that. I'd like to bang that cunt Lampley in the head with a fuckin shovel.
AussieLad
Having watched the fight with the brittish commentators i thought peoples reaction about the fight being fixed, and generally crappy, well i thought it was all a bit stupid

having watched that crap from Lampley, i can see why people got annoyed and a bit over the top criticizing the fight. Brittish commentary was alot better than that rubbish, which must be very embarrassing for real american boxing fans to endure
Jack 1000
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 14 2010, 06:22 PM) *
as of right now pac is the house fighter..... if he does fight mayweather, mayweather will have to ensure he wins every round out right or we could have another chavez/whitaker... the house fighter always gets the benefit of the doubt...

Sort of disagree,

Mayweather-Pacquiao will be huge if it happens, and there will be so much going into it to make sure that the playing field is level that no officials are going to want to mess this up. That will be on the minds of everyone. There could so much tit for tat power struggle that its possible the fight won't happen. But this one will be called fair. Because the world will be watching.

Jack
Jack 1000
You guys should write or e-mail HBO compalning about Lamps "House Fighter" Commentary!

Pacquiao is his new pom-pom shaker!

Jack
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (JD @ Mar 14 2010, 05:55 PM) *

Same here man..Me and my guys were crackin up when he was doin that shit..Especially the "BANG BANG"..What the fuck was he thinking when doing that??Maybe he was trying to make the fight more exciting then it was..hahaha..
ROLL DEEP
BANG, BANG, BANG!

Somebody better call the amber lamps.
caneman
QUOTE (AussieLad @ Mar 15 2010, 05:13 AM) *
Having watched the fight with the brittish commentators i thought peoples reaction about the fight being fixed, and generally crappy, well i thought it was all a bit stupid

having watched that crap from Lampley, i can see why people got annoyed and a bit over the top criticizing the fight. Brittish commentary was alot better than that rubbish, which must be very embarrassing for real american boxing fans to endure

I agree that the Brits were a bit better...I had a problem getting a good stream & was switching back & forth hoping to get the dream stream but no matter, it was far from a dream fight! I think HBO should change up but I don't think they will! Too bad they don't get Kevin Kelly, RJJ & Toney or BHop but anything with the last 3 might end up in a better fight than is going on in the ring! lolz!
The CEO
Lampley's been a whore the last few years....hoppin' from nuts to nuts...from DLH's to Cotto's to Pac's now obviously.
Spyder
I was in a bar watching this...normally they have music or something playing so I can't hear the commentary, but luckily they had the HBO audio blaring this time. Most of the fight, people were only half paying attention...but when Lamps started his "Bang, bang, bang" shit, everybody stopped doing whatever they were doing and looked at each other with the "WTF?" face.

laugh.gif

Lamps has absolutely lost it...
oozemcbuck
HAHAAHHAA !! That shit was funny as a motherfucker !! BANG-BANG !! I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING !! All he had to say right before that was, "Don't be pussy whooped, whoop that pussy !" BANG-BANG-BANG !! HAA

It sounded like they were all trying to out-analyze each other. When one made a point, the other would counter, the the other would counter back. Like a bunch of kids. That bang,bang shit was funny though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.