Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who has a better shot at Beating Floyd?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
D-MARV
Who? and Why?

I'm about 90% sure that Floyd will KO Pacquiao based on styles so I think Mosley has a better chance than Pacquiao (ESPECIALLY with Blood testing).

Pacquiao will look better in the early going but I just keep getting these pictures of him getting countered and hurt. Mosley will get countered too but he doesn't bring the typhoon like pressure that Pacquiao brings which will leave him LESS open than Pacquiao. I also think that Shane's chin is better than Pac's. At the end of the day, I think Floyd outpoints Shane clearly but there is a "slight" chance that Mosley's activity and rough tactics can make things VERY interesting.
JulianJackson
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 16 2010, 09:25 AM) *
Who? and Why?

I'm about 90% sure that Floyd will KO Pacquiao based on styles so I think Mosley has a better chance than Pacquiao (ESPECIALLY with Blood testing).

Pacquiao will look better in the early going but I just keep getting these pictures of him getting countered and hurt. Mosley will get countered too but he doesn't bring the typhoon like pressure that Pacquiao brings which will leave him LESS open than Pacquiao. I also think that Shane's chin is better than Pac's. At the end of the day, I think Floyd outpoints Shane clearly but there is a "slight" chance that Mosley's activity and rough tactics can make things VERY interesting.

make that 100% thumbsup_anim.gif
floyd beat pacman with or with out steriods...just like sr says... cool.gif

but damn pacman didnt take the drug test....

The CEO
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 16 2010, 10:25 AM) *
Who? and Why?

laugh.gif

Way to go, StyleZ...you just "Released The Kraken".

jlupi
I think floyd needs to at least hurt pac early if not stop him to win. while this is an odd situation for floyd his precise punches make it a possibility. If he cant he gets outworked
streetlion1
They both have a chance to beat Floyd but I would have to lean towards Mosley.....Pacman is a great offensive fighter who could give him problems but really he hasnt fought anyone who can really move and box. I think Craquiao would have his moments but would end up eating alot of shots and possibly being stopped at the end.

Mosleys size will be key in his fight with Mayweather....I think Shane will keep it close and get inside with floyd....the jab and alot of body shots. IMO Floyd hasnt really changed much style wise since the first time he fought Castillo. Shane will force Floyd to fight....I think that is his best chance and because of his style and size he can do it.
D-MARV
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 16 2010, 11:21 AM) *
laugh.gif

Way to go, StyleZ...you just "Released The Kraken".

Oh Shit! LOL
lloyd mayflower
After Pac KO'd Hatton and everyone over here was high on him, I said that May would box rings round him. And I still stand by that, but with every passing performance you have to wonder how someone goes about handling that volume of hard shots coming from all over the place. I know if theres a style out there to do it, its Mayweathers, but you cant help just allowing that unpredictability of Pac to sneak into your thinking. I dont think its as cut and dried now as I did a year or so ago.

I probably still say Mosley has a better shot at beating May simply because he is a strong live, seasoned WW and I think Floyd fighting one of those is a bit of an unknown quantity. Shane, for what its worth, will also have my hardest prayers on his side!
mrwigi
shane hands down has the best chance... floyd isnt going to stand still and let PAC keep punching...
JD
Pacquiao.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Pacquiao has the better chance of beating him. If he throws such a high volume of punches that he did against Clottey, he won't even give Mayweather a solid opportunity to counter him. I really don't think Mayweather has the power to stop Pac, and possibly would drop a decision. Floyd wouldn't get beat up or even stunned, but he'd be up on those ropes a lot trying to find room to counter and it won't be there. I think Pacquiao would look the worse for wear at the end of the fight even. Floyd will get through on some clean counters and really hit Pac, but the activity will look good to the judges.
Romulus9
I'll preface this by saying that I don't think there's anyone at 140 or 147 with a 90% likelihood to beat Pacquiao. Absolutely not.

As far as Floyd goes, I think Mosley beats Mayweather, unless he just gets old overnight which has been known to happen. The problem is that every fighter reacts to every situation differently. What Ray Mancini and Vinny Pazienza were fired up by would make Oscar de la Hoya quit on his stool. It just happens. Now, will this year plus out of the ring be good for Mosley a this age, or will it be the worst possible thing for him? We don't know. If it's a good thing, and he doesn't age out of nowhere... I think Shane wins. I thought so at 135, where both were probably at their best with all things considered, and I think so now.

Regarding Pacquiao, Mayweather damn well better stop him. With the exception of the Pretty Boy Fan Club, there are millions of people out there who want to see him humbled... big time. I mean casual fans who say that the heavyweight champion is "one of those Russian guys" want to see Floyd get stretched. The hatred amongst many of the diehards is well documented. Pacquiao's position is the exact opposite. He's a favorite, he's a force, he's a financial dream, he goes for knockouts, he's always on the attack, he's exciting, he's personable, and he loves what he does. When you compare the two, who comes out as the villain is pretty clear. This all says nothing of styles. Pacquiao has shown that he can have a very high work rate. That is highly important, especially against a guy who wants to counter all the time, be it on the ropes or in the middle of the ring. If Mayweather doesn't stop him, or get a couple of knockdowns and dominate entirely, we could see an interesting F-U decision (not that such a thing would EVER happen in boxing...). If it's close at all, in a sport that is subjective, Pacquiao WILL get the nod and watching Pretty Boy Money May have an utter meltdown as a result will be epic. Pacquiao will retire, leaving Floyd without a chance at a rematch, and that will destroy him. He'll just fade into oblivion (or Bolivian) a la Hamed, after being humbled by Barrera.

Just my $0.02.
kidbazooka1
Pacqiuao all the way Mosley as good as he is has always had trouble with boxers and Floyd is obviusly one of the best.
Keith
I think we have an interesting love triangle here...

Stylistically I think Manny gives Floyd problems, Floyd gives Shane problems, and Shane gives Manny problems.

I'm not saying that means any of those victories are certainties, only that stylistically those matchups favor those fighters.

-Manny's relentless pressure could make Floyd look poor and win rounds just by outworking him.

-Floyd could outbox and frustrate the bigger punching Shane.

-Manny never gets through Shanes right hand to outwork him.

Romulus9
Good points, Keith.

The triangle is very much in the vein of Foreman-Ali-Norton.
Snoop
As of right now, I see it as Floyd>Pac>Shane, but Sugar has a better chance of upsetting Floyd. We'll see May 1st though.
The CEO
I see it like this...Mayweather will beat Pacquiao in a more convincing/decisive fashion than he will beat Mosley.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 16 2010, 08:25 AM) *
Who? and Why?

if i had to choose i'd say mosely is the more dangerous fighter... simply because i think he is more versatile than pac... plus im a believer that styles make fights... were i think pac loses pretty wide to lil floyd and mosely may even make it a little interesting early and possibly fairly close on the cards i think pac ko's mosely... styles...
caneman
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 16 2010, 06:41 PM) *
if i had to choose i'd say mosely is the more dangerous fighter... simply because i think he is more versatile than pac... plus im a believer that styles make fights... were i think pac loses pretty wide to lil floyd and mosely may even make it a little interesting early and possibly fairly close on the cards i think pac ko's mosely... styles...

I agree on the styles thing honestly even though I think if PBF don't FIGHT Pacman, he could lose but I guess I see PBF 115-113 unless Pacman actually hurts PBF and volume comes into play but hey, anyone as busy as Pacman can be countered, ask Paul Williams in his last fight! I do think that PBF could beat Mosley but which shows up? Mosley kinda fought down to Cotto & smoked Margacheato....like Stylez says, Mosley ain't gonna fight to lose like Clottey & would go out on his shield if need be! I think no matter what Naaz will have Mosley ready & I hope he can hurt PBF & win it but I am honestly having a hard time seeing the 2 in the ring for some reason but I agree about the Norton/Ali/Foreman thing cause we could have that here easily! I really believe excitement wise Mosley vs Pacman is the best match up & leather would be flying & I still believe Pacman could be too small for both guys but will leave it in the ring no matter what & honestly & would LOVE to see PBF lose to Mosley & see that PBF come back cause that PBF would be something to see IMO! It's all I ever wanted to see from PBF even though it comes off as hate but I love seeing the best fight the best & leaving it in the ring where it belongs! Call me old school or a hater, I'll take whatever but I wanna see a fight with true action!

WAR BOXING
Fitz
I think Pacquiao has a better chance (though I am still leaning towards Mayweather in a Pacquiao fight). I think Mosley is a shot, but I don't think he will bring something totally different that Mayweather hasn't seen. Pacquiao brings work rate, southpaw, power, angles. He brings a whole lot, and the closest thing to Pacquiao was Zab, and it wasn't an easy fight to begin with for Floyd.
I think Pacquiao has a better chance to win the fight, though I think Mosley has the better chance to knock Floyd out.
gbh32001
Only Pacquiao can beat Floyd by thin as the eye of the needle. Shane of old and present will get his ass outbox by Floyd decissively or outpoints Mosley by 1 pt a round. Floyd is Floyd, he is very scared of getting lose. If anybody expect him to have a good fight is a fool.
D-MARV
QUOTE (gbh32001 @ Mar 16 2010, 07:32 PM) *
Only Pacquiao can beat Floyd by thin as the eye of the needle. Shane of old and present will get his ass outbox by Floyd decissively or outpoints Mosley by 1 pt a round. Floyd is Floyd, he is very scared of getting lose. If anybody expect him to have a good fight is a fool.

I'm sorry... I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what you are saying.
caneman
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 16 2010, 07:38 PM) *

Probably worse understanding me huh? lolz!
Fitz
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 17 2010, 10:38 AM) *

"Only Pacquiao can beat Floyd by thin as the eye of the needle. Shane of old and present will get his ass outbox by Floyd decissively or outpoints Mosley by 1 pt a round. Floyd is Floyd, he is very scared of getting lose. If anybody expect him to have a good fight is a fool."

Only Pacquiao can beat Mayweather by a close margain. Shane now and then would get his ass outboxed by Floyd and win every round. Floyd is Floyd, he is safe and afraid to lose. If anybody expects him to have a good fight, is a fool.
streetlion1
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 16 2010, 11:49 AM) *
Pacquiao has the better chance of beating him. If he throws such a high volume of punches that he did against Clottey, he won't even give Mayweather a solid opportunity to counter him. I really don't think Mayweather has the power to stop Pac, and possibly would drop a decision. Floyd wouldn't get beat up or even stunned, but he'd be up on those ropes a lot trying to find room to counter and it won't be there. I think Pacquiao would look the worse for wear at the end of the fight even. Floyd will get through on some clean counters and really hit Pac, but the activity will look good to the judges.

Mayweather wouldnt be there for Craquiao to hit. while I think Manny would fluster Floyd at times I dont think Floyd would have as much trouble with him as people say. Craqiauos defense isnt exactly great.....he can be hit easily because with his style he leaves himself open. He is open all day long for uppercuts, jabs, and straight rights....Marquez was the last prime fighter he fought who could move and box. ODLH...drained and flat-footed....Diaz...flat footed....Hatton...garbage...Cotto....a good fighter but not the pre Margacheato version.....Clottey....a good fighter but defense all the way and wouldnt be able to dodge a Butterbean punch..let alone Mannys. In Floyd you have the best defensive fighter in the game who can out-box you all day.

The hype still doesnt match the skill set for Craquiao in my opinion. He is a very good offensive fighter who just hasnt been in there with a guy who really knows how to box and who is in his prime since he fought Marquez. Floyd would cut Mannys offense down by using his jab....and he would have a feild day with that check hook of his. The only way Manny beats Floyd is if he was to catch him with a huge shot and knock him out.....that isnt gonna happen.

The only way we'll see is if Mr. HGH Craquiao takes the test and fights....I cant believe all this time im hating Gayweather for ducking people and when he is finally ready to fight the so-called "best"...it seems the best is ducking him lol. I do think Shane will pull off the victory though.....and then it will be Shane who knocks out Craquiao.
Keith
Manny is easily hit. Just look at the dudes face after every fight. Shit... Clottey threw 20 punches a round and screwed his face up.

Manny doesnt get threw Shane Mosley's right hand. It would be the Margarito fight all over again.
darroy
[quote name='kidbazooka1' date='Mar 16 2010, 01:28 PM' post='476913']
Pacqiuao all the way Mosley as good as he is has always had trouble with boxers and Floyd is obviusly one of the best.
[/quotes

styles and physical attributes (height, reach, natural body weight) are why shane struggled with the guys he struggled with (winky, vernon particularly) i feel more than boxing ability. floyd's a great boxer but shane is the bigger guy here in everyway while floyd is also much smaller than those guys shane struggled with which could give shane more chances to get off.
kidbazooka1
[/quotes
styles and physical attributes (height, reach, natural body weight) are why shane struggled with the guys he struggled with (winky, vernon particularly) i feel more than boxing ability. floyd's a great boxer but shane is the bigger guy here in everyway while floyd is also much smaller than those guys shane struggled with which could give shane more chances to get off.
[/quote]

But Floyd is a much better boxer than both Vernon and Winky. I like Shane and i'll be rooting for him to take Floyd out but realistically Floyd will win the fight with the jab.

Manny on the other hand is a more energetic fighter who fights for 3 min of every rd he'll hit Floyd on the shoulders, arms, neck, chest whatever he can get and take a decision.

JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (mrwigi @ Mar 16 2010, 11:01 AM) *
shane hands down has the best chance... floyd isnt going to stand still and let PAC keep punching...

Yeah,and Pac-man won't be standing still while throwing his punches..Pac-man has been working more angles in his last few fights than he has his whole career..I think Pac-man has a better chance of beating him..He doesn't get tired and he's southpaw..After seeing Zab do some damage to Floyd in the first few rounds of their fight,I see Manny doing some of the same but a lot more consistant.
caneman
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Mar 16 2010, 09:10 PM) *
Yeah,and Pac-man won't be standing still while throwing his punches..Pac-man has been working more angles in his last few fights than he has his whole career..I think Pac-man has a better chance of beating him..He doesn't get tired and he's southpaw..After seeing Zab do some damage to Floyd in the first few rounds of their fight,I see Manny doing some of the same but a lot more consistant.

Damn right and will go threw hell to win & do his best to take PBF's head off! So many are saying it's HGH's or whatever but Pacman has improved his offense & his angles are amazing! We'll see cause I see Pacman taking the real ego maniac's bleed test & hitting PBF anywhere he can & PBF will actually have to fight (I hope anyhow) but still war pacman & war mosley!
tymoney
Honestly, I dont see any of the fights with Floyd being that competitive. I think he beats both of them fairly easy. If I had to choose the toughest I would say Pacman, only b/c of his angles and his workrate is fuckin crazy! He have quick hands and his feet is just as fast as Floyds, if not faster. So I think he has a chance to steal enough rounds to make it close on the scorecards but at the end of the day I see Floyd making adjustments and potshotting the shit out of him with lead right hands to take a decision. As far as Shane, its no secret he struggled with boxers in the past, and Floyd is def a better boxer then anybody he's lost to. So as much as I love Shane, I dont see him causing much problems for Floyd. He would have to knock him out or seriously hurt him, no way in hell he win off points alone imo!
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 16 2010, 07:16 PM) *
Manny is easily hit. Just look at the dudes face after every fight. Shit... Clottey threw 20 punches a round and screwed his face up.

Manny doesnt get threw Shane Mosley's right hand. It would be the Margarito fight all over again.

I think Manny punches straighter than Shane and is quicker, I actually see him lighting up Shane.

I think Manny is just a tad too crude for Floyd although possibly his speed could give him some problems, especially as Judah's speed gave PBF some (early) problems. But ultimately Floyd will be happy to stick and move and Manny simply hasn't been in with a guy who has the finesse of Floyd. Add to that it won't bother Floyd if the crowd is booing and people are leaving their seats he will be happy to fight that kind of fight and bore and frustate Manny to death.

Shane on the other hand loves to FIGHT, he is a boxer/fighter and I think against the younger quicker guy (Manny) this will be a mistake.

On the other hand Shane I think can bully PBF a little, he is a true 147 pounder and I don't feel Floyd has faced many of those. Shane is easily the strongest guy Floyd has faced and I'm counting on that strength and Shane's experience to get him into this fight. I think Shane can take more chances to get inside with Floyd as he won't be hit with the same kind of combinations that Manny will lay on him.

I really hope there is some way that all 3 of these guys lay hands on each other.
Lil-lightsout
They both have shots at beating him, but Shane has the better shot IMO. In fact Mosley will beat him and probably ruin him and him and Pac will never fight anyway. Mayweather will have to go back to the Hatton's and Marquez' to get some wins.
Provo209
Mosley has a better shot and No shane won't beat Floyd he'll just last longer LOL so that's why I pick Shane ..Floyd will beat Shane by UD AND he will Knock out Pac...

Pac stlye is all bad .Floyd is the smartest,patient and most accurate fighter in boxing.Pac will leap into a hook and get floored.
And someone said Pac throws to much for Floyd to Counter...Sorry but NO. Clottey stands upright right in front of you and Pac missed a Shitload of punches Floyd has a wide stance like Cornerback in the NFL.Pac will have to come in and Floyd will counter all day that eyes closed swinging with his head down,double punch shit won't work with Floyd. Floyd is the Best BOXER in the game and remember the Sport is Called "BOXING" ...
King Eugene
Mayweather beats them both on points and possibly stops Manny but I doubt he'd go for the kill. He thinks flat out outboxing them is more embarrassing and satisfying then knocking them out. Hell if I know why...

Manny is tougher than folks are giving him credit for. I think I'm slightly starting to favor Manny over Floyd. I dont know...might just be nerves.

Manny straight out smokes Mosley. After Manny tags Mosley he'll want to slug it out, step forward to engage, Manny will turn and get a great angle(like he's been doing a good job at lately) and light that ass up over and over again. Shane wont know what hit him but if he manages to catch Manny with a few good ones he has a damn good shot at stopping Manny. Either way with those two fighting each other it WILL NOT go the distance. Its more of who'll land that big shot first. Please dont forget Shane can be hurt cause clearly he was almost out against Forrest and I think its fair to compare Manny's power to Forrest.

At the end of the day I'd rather see Shane vs. Manny before I see Mayweather vs. either of them purely for the excitement.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 17 2010, 12:52 AM) *
Mayweather beats them both on points and possibly stops Manny but I doubt he'd go for the kill. He thinks flat out outboxing them is more embarrassing and satisfying then knocking them out. Hell if I know why...

Manny is tougher than folks are giving him credit for. I think I'm slightly starting to favor Manny over Floyd. I dont know...might just be nerves.

Manny straight out smokes Mosley. After Manny tags Mosley he'll want to slug it out, step forward to engage, Manny will turn and get a great angle(like he's been doing a good job at lately) and light that ass up over and over again. Shane wont know what hit him but if he manages to catch Manny with a few good ones he has a damn good shot at stopping Manny. Either way with those two fighting each other it WILL NOT go the distance. Its more of who'll land that big shot first. Please dont forget Shane can be hurt cause clearly he was almost out against Forrest and I think its fair to compare Manny's power to Forrest.

Bolded part number one- because he is scared to take chances.

Bolded part number two- laugh.gif You have really lost it man.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 17 2010, 01:19 AM) *
Bolded part number one- because he is scared to take chances.

Bolded part number two- laugh.gif You have really lost it man.

Taking your post serious about Mosley is like taking mine serious about Jones if I say anything about him beating a top fighter at this point in his career. Its all gibberish.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 17 2010, 02:33 AM) *
Taking your post serious about Mosley is like taking mine serious about Jones if I say anything about him beating a top fighter at this point in his career. Its all gibberish.

Hmmmm.

Mosley DESTROYED the top welterweight in his last fight, and before that Mayorga got KTFO by Shane. (2-0)

Jones got destroyed by Calslappy two fights ago, and got bruatlized in one round by semi-retired Danny Green last time out. (0-2) laugh.gif

Now come back with something that makes sense next time before you make yourself sound foolish again. Hint... re-read your post at least three times before hitting the "add reply" button. It's just too damn easy with you.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Here's the thing. Mosley hasn't fought in 16 months and isn't getting any younger. He's going to come forward and Floyd's jab is going to eat him up. He may not use the jab all that much, but he will in this fight. Pacquiao will get busy against Mayweather, and his shots are crisp and he's coming in at all angles. Judah's southpaw style gave him problems a few years ago, and Pacquiao may be a bit faster even. He'll get outworked and Pacquiao won't lose focus in the middle rounds.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 17 2010, 01:46 AM) *
Hmmmm.

Mosley DESTROYED the top welterweight in his last fight, and before that Mayorga got KTFO by Shane. (2-0)

Jones got destroyed by Calslappy two fights ago, and got bruatlized in one round by semi-retired Danny Green last time out. (0-2) laugh.gif

Now come back with something that makes sense next time before you make yourself sound foolish again. Hint... re-read your post at least three times before hitting the "add reply" button. It's just too damn easy with you.

Mosley was STRUGGLING before he KO'd Mayorga. Yet he got the KO but still made the fight way harder than it should have been. Margarito was a good win...hell I was one of the few that picked him to win. Every great champion has one good win left in them. With that being said Margarito sucked any damn way!

Jones is absolutely finished. He still has speed and power but cant take a punch from pink flamingo wearing sock'em boppers. That can't and wont be argued! What I'm saying is you have race horse vision when it comes to Mosley and Toney for that matter. Before the Calzaghe fight I was the same way. Made pretty good sense to me.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 17 2010, 02:52 AM) *
Mosley was STRUGGLING before he KO'd Mayorga. Yet he got the KO but still made the fight way harder than it should have been. Margarito was a good win...hell I was one of the few that picked him to win. Every great champion has one good win left in them. With that being said Margarito sucked any damn way!

Jones is absolutely finished. He still has speed and power but cant take a punch from pink flamingo wearing sock'em boppers. That can't and wont be argued! What I'm saying is you have race horse vision when it comes to Mosley and Toney for that matter. Before the Calzaghe fight I was the same way. Made pretty good sense to me.

Mayorga was before Naz as his cornerman. But we have been through this over and over.

Sure I am mostly messing around with my Toney posts, BUT IF he could get and stay under 220, he could beat some top heavies(not that they are that great anyway). I would like to see what if he has anything left at all, besides his mouth.

As for Mosley. I am not kidding one bit when I talk about him. I honestly think he beats Mayweather and Pac. No doubt about it. I believe Mosley is the goods and what is going to eventually prove it is his DESIRE to win. You will see that and his other skills is what will win him the fight. He is NOT a shell of himself like Roy was.

I have been off of work a week and fucking go back tomorrow. I am going to bed. Later.
JonnyBlaze
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 17 2010, 01:52 AM) *

Agreed with what ya said about Shane..I also was one who picked Shane over Margarito..Shane in my opinion is one his road out while Pac-man is still in his prime(yet,could be on his way out as well)..I was very unimpressed with the Mayorga fight besides the KO..Made me really wonder what he was doing..
JulianJackson
QUOTE (KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN @ Mar 17 2010, 01:51 AM) *
Here's the thing. Mosley hasn't fought in 16 months and isn't getting any younger. He's going to come forward and Floyd's jab is going to eat him up. He may not use the jab all that much, but he will in this fight. Pacquiao will get busy against Mayweather, and his shots are crisp and he's coming in at all angles. Judah's southpaw style gave him problems a few years ago, and Pacquiao may be a bit faster even. He'll get outworked and Pacquiao won't lose focus in the middle rounds.

no way floyd get outworked....
a genious tactician like floyd will hit pac at will!!
his punches are like guided missile coming at
you with 0% chance of missing... cool.gif
caneman
QUOTE (JulianJackson @ Mar 17 2010, 04:07 AM) *
no way floyd get outworked....
a genious tactician like floyd will hit pac at will!!
his punches are like guided missile coming at
you with 0% chance of missing... cool.gif

Who got hit with more balls in the chin, you, Rock Hudson or Yogi Barra??? Just kidding!!! rolleyes_anim.gif
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (streetlion1 @ Mar 16 2010, 05:37 AM) *
They both have a chance to beat Floyd but I would have to lean towards Mosley.....Pacman is a great offensive fighter who could give him problems but really he hasnt fought anyone who can really move and box. I think Craquiao would have his moments but would end up eating alot of shots and possibly being stopped at the end.

Mosleys size will be key in his fight with Mayweather....I think Shane will keep it close and get inside with floyd....the jab and alot of body shots. IMO Floyd hasnt really changed much style wise since the first time he fought Castillo. Shane will force Floyd to fight....I think that is his best chance and because of his style and size he can do it.

I pick Pacquiao...

I think Manny Pacquiao has the bigger chance to beat Floyd more than Mosley, however I also believe Mosley can overcome and or has the chance to beat Floyd Jr.

Anyhow, here's my logical answer: PACQUIAO,...WHY?... De La Hoya and Hatton was beaten by Manny Pacquiao much faster and in a very convincing manner that those judges' score cards were no longer needed, while we all know how Floyd performed against these two great warriors.

Then we've seen how Pacquiao performed against Clottey who gave Cotto troubles by winning a mere split decision....and we surely remember how Pacquiao demolish Cotto who incidentally shamed the warrior Shane Mosley...

3rd reason,....Pacquiao has improved a lot with his new right hand arsenal and is now a very dangerous welterweight,...in fact I have reason to believe Floyd will not last beyond 9 rounds if he will not run and run against the Pacman... this is only my observation,...I might be wrong...hahaha...
PR316
Pacquiao obviously.

The southpaw style, the fast hands, the attacking from angles, constant pressure in your face, heart.

Mosley is too predictable and one dimensional these days and only looks good when you stand in front of him, which Mayweather wont.

Mayweather convincingly beats Mosley and I think its a toss up against Pacquiao.
neophyte7
Floyd clowns them both... Pac and Clottey was a fixed sparring session. Pac gets his ass kicked Mosely gets beaten easily. Honestly when I saw the stare down between Pac and Clottey I knew Clottey just came to get a payday. Who in the hell laughs at a fucking stare down like Pac and Clottey did... that was some fishy and phony shit
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 16 2010, 01:47 PM) *
"Only Pacquiao can beat Floyd by thin as the eye of the needle. Shane of old and present will get his ass outbox by Floyd decissively or outpoints Mosley by 1 pt a round. Floyd is Floyd, he is very scared of getting lose. If anybody expect him to have a good fight is a fool."

Only Pacquiao can beat Mayweather by a close margain. Shane now and then would get his ass outboxed by Floyd and win every round. Floyd is Floyd, he is safe and afraid to lose. If anybody expects him to have a good fight, is a fool.

hahaha....Now I know what he meant...thanks! hahaha....( anyway,...I know that "margain" is actually margin isn't it?..)
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (neophyte7 @ Mar 19 2010, 12:25 PM) *
Floyd clowns them both... Pac and Clottey was a fixed sparring session. Pac gets his ass kicked Mosely gets beaten easily. Honestly when I saw the stare down between Pac and Clottey I knew Clottey just came to get a payday. Who in the hell laughs at a fucking stare down like Pac and Clottey did... that was some fishy and phony shit

well,...actually Pac did just that with Cotto "stare down" but not quite as obvious in that Clottey weigh-in,... and he did the same thing with de la Hoya before the camera clicked...I'm sure it won't be the same if he face the "great loud mouth" - with all those PEDs accusations the stare down will surely bring fire in his eyes.
Kusini
Manny beats both Floyd and Shane
Maxy
I reckon Pac has the better shot at beating Floyd mainly due to the sheer volume of punches he throws. Obviously their styles are like chalk and cheese but when De La Hoya fought May he took him close. Now if De La Hoya had it in him to be busier I think he could have beaten Floyd.

I'd like to see how Mayweather deals with the pressure Pac puts on him but I still believe Floyd wins. He's a master boxer. However, I don't think his shoulder roll defense will be very successful in this fight. He will have to move more and Pac will definitely make him earn the win.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.