Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powell-Lattimore 2
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
This should really be an interesting one. Powell hasn't been that active since he got stopped by Lattimore almost two years ago in an exciting fight. Lattimore got his title shot, and nearly pulled it off, but didn't have enough seasoning. Now they rematch this Friday, and I think it will be another good one. I saw Powell live in Oct. 2008 and he looked pretty good. Apparantley he wasn't focused back when the first fight happened. I don't think he'll slug as much as he did in the first fight, and he'll be able to bank some more rounds with his slick ability. Lattimore will try to pressure Powell, and he'll make for some interesting moments. I think he may even stun Powell early on with that power. However, Powell is the better fighter. As the fight goes on, he'll outbox Lattimore and gain his revenge. I got Powell winning a clear decision this time after some rough moments in the early rounds. What does everybody else think?
Lil-lightsout
I got Powell winning also, but not by clear decision as yourself. Lattimore seems too tough for that, and I would not be surprised if he wins again.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
I think it will be a different Powell that shows up. He really wasn't focused last time, as he tested positive for marijuana after the bout. Now I try not to judge, but from the look of him in that fight, he wasn't all there. He didn't train as hard and he wasn't mentally ready for that type of fight. He'll be ready for Lattimore this time, and I think he'll handle the pressure better and put them rounds in the bank. I'm curious about the fight though since the first one was so exciting.
Lil-lightsout
I hear what you are saying, but WE always hear excuses from boxers all the time. Maybe he should give Lattimore some more credit? I would also think Lattimore has improved himself since then. Should be a good scrap and may the best man win.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.