Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oquendo Vs Mormeck?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
ROLL DEEP
USBA and NABA Heavyweight Champion “Fast Fres” Oquendo 32-5 (31 KOs) has signed an exclusive promotional agreement with Square Ring Promotions and will face former two-time world champion Jean Marc Mormeck 34-4 (22 KOs) on May 6, 2010 at the Halle Carpentier arena in Paris, France.

Didn't know about this fight happening?!?!
EvanKorn
http://newyork.fighthype.com/2010/03/17/fr...may-6-in-paris/

Oquendo should take it, as long the judges in France don't rob him.
BGv2.0
What an oddball matchup.

I really do not get Fres's match making team.

They set him up with guys like Solis and Mormeck.....total ?'s at HW that really net you no real recognition at HW.....

YET....with Fres's ability.....you have the likes of Peter, Arreola, Haye, Briggs....a whole slew of names that Fres would match up well with...but they never get him those fights.

ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Mar 18 2010, 12:25 PM) *
What an oddball matchup.

I really do not get Fres's match making team.

They set him up with guys like Solis and Mormeck.....total ?'s at HW that really net you no real recognition at HW.....

YET....with Fres's ability.....you have the likes of Peter, Arreola, Haye, Briggs....a whole slew of names that Fres would match up well with...but they never get him those fights.

Yeah, it's a bit of a strange match up.

I mean, Mormeck is a decent(ish) name, but what's he done at heavy?

He loses, pfffft, he lost to a blown up cruiser.

He wins, pfffft, he beat a blown up cruiser.
JonnyBlaze
Fres has to take the fights he gets..He gets avoided a lot..Toney won't fight him again..Fres won that fight..Mormeck is the man..I hope this fight is on TV..When is it happening??
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Mar 18 2010, 10:25 PM) *
Fres has to take the fights he gets..He gets avoided a lot..Toney won't fight him again..Fres won that fight..Mormeck is the man..I hope this fight is on TV..When is it happening??

i agree fres is a fighter not many want to fight cuzz even if they win it MIGHT be tough and his style of fight isnt worth the low reward....
BGv2.0
OK...so this fight came up in my mind at my desk at work...and I checked up on it and it looks like Fres lost a UD.

The scores were 95/96 twice and 94/96.....

NOW....with this being in France and the two 95/96 calls being French judges.....I am VERY CURIOUS as to if this was home cooking.

DID ANYBODY SEE THIS FIGHT?????

Poor Fres.....I don't know where he gets his nutty matchmaker from! lol
ROLL DEEP
Shoot, forgot all about this fight!

I'll see if I can find it anywhere later on....
JonnyBlaze
[quote name='ROLL DEEP' post='477062' date='Mar 17 2010, 10:29 AM']USBA and NABA Heavyweight Champion “Fast Fres” Oquendo 32-5 (31 KOs) has signed an exclusive promotional agreement with Square Ring Promotions and will face former two-time world champion Jean Marc Mormeck 34-4 (22 KOs) on May 6, 2010 at the Halle Carpentier arena in Paris, France.[quote]

Let me know if anyone can find this fight..Big fan of both
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.