Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxing Comissions looking @ PED testing
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
caneman
I am ready for it & all cheaters be gone...now if they would look @ judges too we'd be even better off! Interesting read! click
D-MARV
I bet Pacquiao retires now! LOL

caneman
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 17 2010, 10:12 PM) *

I bet he takes the test! It's really too bad they don't clean up the sport we love across the board. It would be a good start though & if Pacman is dirty, he can go fight Margarito in Mexico! lol!
KookedKrack
I would say more than half of the active fighters are most likely on some form of PED. sad.gif It's fucked up but these are the times we live in.
caneman
QUOTE (KookedKrack @ Mar 17 2010, 10:20 PM) *
I would say more than half of the active fighters are most likely on some form of PED. sad.gif It's fucked up but these are the times we live in.

I would hope not but it's a great way to find out! Stylez check your PM box bro! Thanks!
D-MARV
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 17 2010, 10:23 PM) *
I would hope not but it's a great way to find out! Stylez check your PM box bro! Thanks!

Got it... Check yours
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (caneman @ Mar 17 2010, 03:49 PM) *
I am ready for it & all cheaters be gone...now if they would look @ judges too we'd be even better off! Interesting read! click

This is exactly what the Commission should have been doing to get rid of cheaters....and of course Having a GOOD JUDGES to preside over the fight is as important as drugs/PED Testings.

This will avoid "Jealous Boxers" in accusing and destroying those honest good-talented boxers who earn their honor and integrity by pure hard work and training.
caneman
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Mar 17 2010, 10:57 PM) *
This is exactly what the Commission should have been doing to get rid of cheaters....and of course Having a GOOD JUDGES to preside over the fight is as important as drugs/PED Testings.

This will avoid "Jealous Boxers" in accusing and destroying those honest good-talented boxers who earn their honor and integrity by pure hard work and training.

Agreed, nuff said...
tymoney
Bout damn time! Everybody talk so much shit about Floyd cuz he said he wanna clean up the sport.. but regardless on if you think he's scared or not.. isnt this what boxing need? Roach say it all the time, boxing is bigger than Floyd, he don't make the rules. True, but is it wrong for him or anybody else to point out some shit that shoulda been done a lonngggg ass time ago?? I respect NO man that cheats, so lets get them the fuck outta here.. and see who the real great fighters are.. the honest ones!
Michigan Assassin
Good start but unfortunately not enough.

Boxing is a worldwide sport so unless the boxing sanctioning bodies also come up with a standardized pre and post fight drug test it won't entirely clean up the sport.

The Klitschkos, for instance, are admitted steriod cheats and most of their fights are in Europe. Actually I'm not sure about Wlad but I know Vitali has admitted using them.
dj necrogenic
QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Mar 17 2010, 08:16 PM) *

Boxing is a worldwide sport so unless the boxing sanctioning bodies also come up with a standardized pre and post fight drug test it won't entirely clean up the sport.

The Klitschkos, for instance, are admitted steriod cheats and most of their fights are in Europe. Actually I'm not sure about Wlad but I know Vitali has admitted using them.

Actually Vitali failed a test in the amateur days which kept him from competing in the Olympics as I remember, but Wlad has never admitted to steroid use, and neither have been tested positive since they turned professional.
jlupi
unless the boxing sanctioning bodies also come up with a standardized pre and post fight drug test it won't entirely clean up the sport>>>>

no sport will be entirely clean as long as large amounts of $$$ are at stake.
jlupi
While If usada testing becomes the standard in the sport it will be a pos for the sport in some aspects it can also have a negative impact. a few years ago the top raquetball player in the world (maybe the best ever) and biggest draw in a sport w little money and few stars tested pos for pot and cocaine at what I believe was a benifit tournament. gone from the sport for 2 years. there was not to many happy fans.
While boxing is on a diff level tha r-ball in some respects boxing is similar in that it has a few stars at times that really drive the sport. While it may be good for the athleats health imagin the outcry if 2 of the top names are out for 2 years because of marijuana or cocaine tests?
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (jlupi @ Mar 19 2010, 08:20 AM) *
While If usada testing becomes the standard in the sport it will be a pos for the sport in some aspects it can also have a negative impact. a few years ago the top raquetball player in the world (maybe the best ever) and biggest draw in a sport w little money and few stars tested pos for pot and cocaine at what I believe was a benifit tournament. gone from the sport for 2 years. there was not to many happy fans.
While boxing is on a diff level tha r-ball in some respects boxing is similar in that it has a few stars at times that really drive the sport. While it may be good for the athleats health imagin the outcry if 2 of the top names are out for 2 years because of marijuana or cocaine tests?

they shouldnt be using mary j or cocaine to begin with.. lol...
jlupi
they shouldnt be using mary j or cocaine to begin with.. lol... >>>>

thats not the argument I made. I agree. Im just saying in a star driven sport if a top guy is knocked out for 2 years for recreational drugs - short term its not very popular.

I believe the R-ball fanbase is prob much more conservitive than the boxing fanbase. It hit the sport hard, and was very unpopular.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Mar 17 2010, 10:16 PM) *

It's a good start,

The WBC always seems to do the best job with fighter safety and pre-fight issues. If top commissions such as Nevada, New York, New Jersey, California, and the British Boxing Board of Control begin to implement this, the WBC might follow as well. It's a great idea to make sure fighters are clean of PED's before the matches. This may be an issue on the Agenda for the Association of Boxing Commission's annual meeting. At least it should be on the agenda.

I feel better about the testing coming from several certified boxing authorities to assist with the protocol of this, rather than listening to the shit coming from Mayweather's mouth.

By bringing in the experienced governing boxing federations instead of making this a PR hype-job for Mayweather-Pacquaio, the seriousness of the PED tests carries more weight. We finally have the right people, instead of Floyd talking about this. That's the way it should have been in the first place. Kudos to the New York Boxing Commission for taking a stand for considering stronger PED testing.

Jack
Sugar_Q
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Mar 20 2010, 02:32 PM) *
It's a good start,

The WBC always seems to do the best job with fighter safety and pre-fight issues. If top commissions such as Nevada, New York, New Jersey, California, and the British Boxing Board of Control begin to implement this, the WBC might follow as well. It's a great idea to make sure fighters are clean of PED's before the matches. This may be an issue on the Agenda for the Association of Boxing Commission's annual meeting. At least it should be on the agenda.

I feel better about the testing coming from several certified boxing authorities to assist with the protocol of this, rather than listening to the shit coming from Mayweather's mouth.

By bringing in the experienced governing boxing federations instead of making this a PR hype-job for Mayweather-Pacquaio, the seriousness of the PED tests carries more weight. We finally have the right people, instead of Floyd talking about this. That's the way it should have been in the first place. Kudos to the New York Boxing Commission for taking a stand for considering stronger PED testing.

Jack

I think they should start with mega fights/championship fights and work their way down. The criteria for fighting for a championship should be random blood testing. Hats off to Floyd for using his position to bring attention to all this. There's no way he's afraid of Manny. I say he beats Manny with or w/o PEDs but no one should be allowed to cheat at any time.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Diddy @ Mar 21 2010, 09:44 PM) *
I think they should start with mega fights/championship fights and work their way down. The criteria for fighting for a championship should be random blood testing. Hats off to Floyd for using his position to bring attention to all this. There's no way he's afraid of Manny. I say he beats Manny with or w/o PEDs but no one should be allowed to cheat at any time.

With all respect fuck off. Why did Floyd not bring this to anyone's attention earlier? Gimme a break, as Jack mentioned he only bought it up as a hype job for his fight with Pac.

Now if the flow-on benefits go on to benefit the sport then great, but pur-leaze don't try and paint Floyd as the crusader for cleaning up boxing.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 17 2010, 10:12 PM) *

Yup, prepare for one of those, "I've done all I can do... I have nothing more to prove... I want to spend time with my family..." speeches... Yeah, we've heard it all before...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.