Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What's up with Gamboa..?..
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
I've seen footage of his early fights...tremendously powerful and exciting boxer...what's up with this kid..?...
Michigan Assassin
First we get Gamboa JuanMa dangled in front of us but now, knowing Arum, I'm sure it will be 18 to 24 months before he lets that fight happen.

He looked impressive as hell KTFO of Mtgawa though.
Snoop
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Mar 18 2010, 04:09 AM) *
I've seen footage of his early fights...tremendously powerful and exciting boxer...what's up with this kid..?...

Did you just watch one of his fights or something? He's been mentioned on this site quite a few times now.
Lil-lightsout
Funny how most ragged on Gamboa cause of his sloppy style and getting decked a few times. People always said JML would kill him if they fought. Now Gamboa has this one spectacular KO over the same guy that gave JML a tough fight and now everyone is on his nuts like he is the next best thing. It is always just so funny to me how fans change stances so fast after one performance. Next fight Gamboa will get decked again and everyone will be back to bashing him again. laugh.gif
BigG
I think Gamboa will beat Juan Ma when they fight.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (BigG @ Mar 18 2010, 05:44 AM) *

Lopez by stoppage. Gamboa got a shaky chin, and it will get exposed.
Snoop
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 18 2010, 08:35 AM) *
Funny how most ragged on Gamboa cause of his sloppy style and getting decked a few times. People always said JML would kill him if they fought. Now Gamboa has this one spectacular KO over the same guy that gave JML a tough fight and now everyone is on his nuts like he is the next best thing. It is always just so funny to me how fans change stances so fast after one performance. Next fight Gamboa will get decked again and everyone will be back to bashing him again. laugh.gif

Haha. Truth is, the public is fickle and petty. People jump wagons all the time. I still think Gamboa is a baaaaad dude. You could say I'm swinging on his nuts though. laugh.gif
Michigan Assassin
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 18 2010, 07:32 AM) *
Haha. Truth is, the public is fickle and petty. People jump wagons all the time. I still think Gamboa is a baaaaad dude. You could say I'm swinging on his nuts though. laugh.gif

Its not a matter of building him up or not. Arum had them on the same card a few times in a row to lead to them fighting one another and then pulled the rug out.

Plus I think its a combination of Gamboa looking great recently and JuanMa's performances leaving doubts.

Not sure who wins but I guess I'd lean towards Gamboa right now.
Snoop
QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Mar 18 2010, 05:35 PM) *
Its not a matter of building him up or not. Arum had them on the same card a few times in a row to lead to them fighting one another and then pulled the rug out.

Plus I think its a combination of Gamboa looking great recently and JuanMa's performances leaving doubts.

Not sure who wins but I guess I'd lean towards Gamboa right now.

Yup. That's the other thing. I felt Lopez looked like absolute shit against Mtgawa (heard he had the flu or something?), and wasn't all that impressive in his last outing despite the fact that he won by KO. The only factor I see Gamboa is lacking in is experience and the tendency to get wild, but it'd still be a good fight IMO. I dunno which way to lean honestly, but...if I had to choose right now...I'd say Gamboa, just cuz I'm swinging on dem nutz. LOL.
PR316
QUOTE (BigG @ Mar 18 2010, 10:44 AM) *

Styles make fights.

Gamboa is the new Zab Judah. More flash than substance with a shaky chin. Lopez may not be as good as Cotto, but he can take a shot and keep coming, which will be an important factor if and when these two meet.

Lopez gets this one late with his pressure and Gamboa will fade.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 18 2010, 02:35 AM) *

ill take your sig again lil lights if this fight is ever signed... i got gamboa by knockout over jml... i say again cuzz you bout to lose your sig for a month with this may/mosely fight coming up... lol..
Keith
Gamboa is just one sick dude. He will be the biggest thing in boxing in 2-3 years time.

I dont see him as having a shaky chin. I think he was young and cocky... and put his chin out there like a dumbass. The times I saw him on the canvas were more flash kd's from getting too wild and leaving himself open. He got right back up and fought with bad intentions.

Bad intentions, bad intentions....
Snoop
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 19 2010, 12:26 AM) *
Bad intentions, bad intentions....

Gamboa deserves that nickname way more than Jermaine Taylor does.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 18 2010, 06:27 PM) *
ill take your sig again lil lights if this fight is ever signed... i got gamboa by knockout over jml... i say again cuzz you bout to lose your sig for a month with this may/mosely fight coming up... lol..

Agreed JLUV. If LL takes this sig bet as well I see a lot of pain in his future. I like him though he puts himself out there, I could be talking about either LightsOut or Gamboa laugh.gif

Gamboa is a very bad man in the ring. We have too few of them in boxing these days, that is to say guys who have bad intentions plus the ability to back it up. I see big things for him as well. He has the kind of style where even a loss on his record wouldn't put people off.

Sorta like Manny losing to Morales. Coz it wsa such a good fight people were wanting to see him again and so his fanbase grew. I see Gamboa as creating that same kind of excitement.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (JLUVBABY @ Mar 18 2010, 07:27 PM) *

You're on man!!!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 18 2010, 09:05 PM) *
Agreed JLUV. If LL takes this sig bet as well I see a lot of pain in his future. I like him though he puts himself out there, I could be talking about either LightsOut or Gamboa laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Thanks.. .I guess?
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 19 2010, 04:58 AM) *
laugh.gif

Thanks.. .I guess?

For shizzle. You're one of my go-to guys LightsOut. We breathe boxing the same (most of the times.)
BigG
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 18 2010, 10:08 AM) *

QUOTE (PR316 @ Mar 18 2010, 06:45 PM) *
Styles make fights.

Gamboa is the new Zab Judah. More flash than substance with a shaky chin. Lopez may not be as good as Cotto, but he can take a shot and keep coming, which will be an important factor if and when these two meet.

Lopez gets this one late with his pressure and Gamboa will fade.

Gamboa-Lopez will be a war while it lasts but Gamboa will win. He is the total package. We'll see. I think Gamboa gets to Juan Ma in the late rounds.

Keith
QUOTE (BigG @ Mar 19 2010, 06:39 AM) *
Gamboa-Lopez will be a war while it lasts but Gamboa will win. He is the total package. We'll see. I think Gamboa gets to Juan Ma in the late rounds.

I agree. I think most people see this turning into a war. How could you possibly pick against Gamboa if its a war?

Lopez is significantly slower then Gamboa. Gamboa beats him to the punch in every exchange.

Not only is he faster... but I think he hits harder and is physically stronger.

I dont believe Lopez sees the middle rounds. This gets settled early.

JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 19 2010, 03:56 AM) *
You're on man!!!

done deal homie... man gamboa is gonna be a major star in the next 2 to 3 years... i hope arum doesnt make this a mosely/mayweather type of situation like they where when they where at the lighterweight divisions... they could have fought but the fight waited 10 years... well we shall see.. it just appears to me arum is protecting jml from gamboa right now or that fight would be signed now... i thought the last double header was supposed to lead to the fight being signed... guess i was wrong...
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 19 2010, 02:29 AM) *
I agree. I think most people see this turning into a war. How could you possibly pick against Gamboa if its a war?

Lopez is significantly slower then Gamboa. Gamboa beats him to the punch in every exchange.

Not only is he faster... but I think he hits harder and is physically stronger.

I dont believe Lopez sees the middle rounds. This gets settled early.

I've seen Gamboa fights...he is gooood... but i need to see more of lopez before i make my stand.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 19 2010, 06:38 AM) *
For shizzle. You're one of my go-to guys LightsOut. We breathe boxing the same (most of the times.)

Thanks Ollie. I always respect your input, and you always make me laugh with your humor.
kidbazooka1
Gamboa is a monster he may arguably already be the #1 featherweight in the world but JuanMa is right there with him,
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 18 2010, 06:08 AM) *

I thought this too BUT Lopez's chin is a little shaky as well... I really haven't decided who I would take yet. Gamboa is explosive and COULD end things early. If Lopez can get by Gamboa's early attack and take him into the later rounds then I would favor him. It's an interesting fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.