Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eddie Chambers.....does he have a shot?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
Will anyone be surprised if Eddie Chambers defeats Wlad this weekend? At first I wasn't sure, but seeing how he showed up and performed against Dimitrenko, who weighed 250+ and is 6'8, I don't think we can simply dismiss Chambers as not having a chance, or assume he's going to pull that bullshit that a lot of Klitschko opponents do.

I'd love to see Fast Eddie Chambers pull off the upset this weekend!
JD
Clottey had a better shot...and I still believe that after watching the fight.
Keith
I have a feeling Eddie Chambers gives Klit a hard time. Ultimately, I think Klit wins because Eddie probably cant hurt him, but I can see Eddie winning some rounds.
KENSOFINE
No.

Next question
MarzB
I really liked him prior to the Povetkin fight. Credit to him after Povetkin, he didn't bitch, he got right back out there and legitimately earned a right for a shot.

He has fast hands which is good and he did look good against Dimetriko(sp?). I think he has a chance because he is taking it seriously and I'm rooting for him. But for some reason against those Klichko's people come in with great game plans and then just FREEZE up once they're in there.
BGv2.0
I know I was a little shocked when he seemed to stun Peter a couple of times in their fight....

Chambers has always been knocked for lack of power...but Peter's chin is solid and he got a little jolt on a couple of shots late in that fight.

So who knows....

Overall...I still expect Wlad to win...but you never know. I like Chambers he has skills for sure and seems like a nice guy...I'm rooting for him...but my head says it's just not going to happen.

HaydelHammer
Fast Eddie better be fast for 12 rounds pulling away in dominating fashion with the help of about 2 or 3 knockdowns along the way to have a shot.
MarzB
I just saw the weigh in pic and while he is no where near as bad as Arreola, it's MIND boggling to me how guys who's JOB it is to stay in shape can be so soft.

I'm referring to Eddie Chambers. To his credit he's coming in (weight wise) in shape for him which is 209. But you look at this guys stomach and wonder has he ever heard of a situp and does he do any roadwork??
Keith
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 19 2010, 02:28 PM) *
I just saw the weigh in pic and while he is no where near as bad as Arreola, it's MIND boggling to me how guys who's JOB it is to stay in shape can be so soft.

I'm referring to Eddie Chambers. To his credit he's coming in (weight wise) in shape for him which is 209. But you look at this guys stomach and wonder has he ever heard of a situp and does he do any roadwork??

laugh.gif

So true dude.

Some guys are always going to be soft naturally, but Chambers could stand to hit the weights a tad and strengthen his core like you said.

Jack 1000
In a word.........NO.

Jack
d843
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 19 2010, 05:37 AM) *
Will anyone be surprised if Eddie Chambers defeats Wlad this weekend? At first I wasn't sure, but seeing how he showed up and performed against Dimitrenko, who weighed 250+ and is 6'8, I don't think we can simply dismiss Chambers as not having a chance, or assume he's going to pull that bullshit that a lot of Klitschko opponents do.

I'd love to see Fast Eddie Chambers pull off the upset this weekend!

I give him a slight punchers chance.but he's not a big puncher.obviously if he can't do anything to neutralize that HAMMER jab,its going to be business as usual.i'l probably try to checK it out on a streem if I get off of work in time.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 19 2010, 02:28 PM) *

I agree. All a result of poor dieting, minimal to no weight training and actually last minute get in shape cardiovascular (usually to drop water then hop on scale)

absolutely zero symmetry or definition to prove this guy is in better "shape" then previously

this isn't Dr. Oz "fast" Eddie....high BF% + zero symmetry @ 209 on a 6' 1" frame = you are still a fat azz my friend.

Mean Mister Mustard
He'll certainly be the guy with the fastest hands that Wlad has fought since Corrie Sanders. I didn't include Byrd because he was't that fast coming into the rematch.

He'll have to let his hands go but it isn't that easy to do when you have a lampost coming at your face all night. He has a good defense but I think this might turn out like Pacquiao-CLottey in that Chambers just prefers to go into shell and survive rather than take a risk and throw more.
jlupi
at 209 the guy is still fat. Fact is Fast eddie should not even be fighting at heavyweight
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
Eddie Chambers.....does he have a shot?

No.
MarzB
I'll disagree, I think he does have a shot because he does have good boxing skills. The thing is and while I totally DESPISE those Klichkos they have is experience. Also Wlad(vomitting while saying this) has developed a very good hook since he's been with, "me love me tall fighters" aka Manny Stewart.

One thing Manny put in Wlads game is clinching. While no where near at the EXPERT/SAVANT (lol) level of Jawny Ruiz, he does it well. Thats the problem with "Fast" Eddie though, he has fast hands but NOT fast feet to be able to evade that clinch and make Wlad pay. I need to rewatch that Peter vs. Wlad again. I totally despise Mr "No one can tess me power" and rooted for Wlad that fight. But Wlad literally outboxed his way out of a fight where he was caught continuously. He doesn't have to worry about Eddie's power in comparison but the way Peter landed his hooks by getting inside of Wlads range could work for him.

Does he have enough head movement and balls to get away from that piercing jab?? I believe if you can nullify Wlad's jab(very hard to), you do stand a chance but you better be willing to get tagged to do it.

I'm so hoping for an upset words couldn't describe.
Byrd Man
Well the reason I even think it is up for debate, is due to how he did against Dimitrenko, who his roughly similar in height/weight to the Klitschkos. 6'8, 250lbs.

If he had had a bad performance or just got blown out when facing him in the past, then I wouldn't even consider it. And there's always the chance of someone doing that whole turtle thing, but I think that for the most part, the people who are facing the Klitschkos have never fought someone that size before. So they get in the ring and they're just petrified and all thoughts of a plan go out the window, and they don't wanna be crushed.

Chambers at least has recently faced someone of that size, so I don't think he'll shrink when it comes time to lace them up and go to work.

Doesn't mean he'll win, but while it would be considered an upset, I wouldn't be THAT shocked by it.
kidbazooka1
I think Eddie will make it's interesting for the first few rds but once he feels Klitchkos power he'll hit survival mode.
D-MARV
U.S.A... STAND the Hell Up... We have the opportunity to claim the biggest title in all of sports... the "Heavyweight Championship".

Eddie Chambers TKO10 UPSET OF THE YEAR!!!

P.S
Looking at those weigh in pics... Chambers can EASILY drop to cruiserweight and RUN SHIT.
kidbazooka1
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 19 2010, 09:44 PM) *
U.S.A... STAND the Hell Up... We have the opportunity to claim the biggest title in all of sports... the "Heavyweight Championship".

Eddie Chambers TKO10 UPSET OF THE YEAR!!!

I sure hope so bro.
The Original MrFactor
I'd love to say that Eddie can fight like Manny Pacquiao and just swarm the bigger man with combos all round from all angles. I dont see Eddie having that type of fight in him. To be that type of guy, you have to be able to take Klits shot and deliver about 8-10 in return. The difference between the Pac vs Clottey and Chambners vs Klit is that Klit uses his size advantage very well. I think thats what the 2 brothers will be most remembered for, is that they were good fighters who used their size very well against opponents.
Lil-lightsout
Every time I here this or that guy say he is going to do this and that to that "guy", it is usually just talk and nothing happens. So I would like to believe what Chambers is saying so atleast we could see a competitive heavyweight title fight. But we all know Wlad will dominate in his usual boring safe style and afterwards we will all bitch about wanting to see some quality heavyweights challenge for the title.

The only heavyweight who I believe when he talks trash is Toney, unfortunately the Klits are scared to face him in the ring.
AussieLad
The question has to be asked if he can make 209 and still be soft around the middle, what is he doing at heavyweight, when the only option for a real belt is to fight a giant?
Keith
QUOTE (jlupi @ Mar 19 2010, 05:39 PM) *
at 209 the guy is still fat. Fact is Fast eddie should not even be fighting at heavyweight

QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 19 2010, 10:44 PM) *
Chambers can EASILY drop to cruiserweight and RUN SHIT.

QUOTE (AussieLad @ Mar 20 2010, 04:55 AM) *
The question has to be asked if he can make 209 and still be soft around the middle, what is he doing at heavyweight, when the only option for a real belt is to fight a giant?

How exciting would cruiser be if Haye and Adamek stayed there and Chambers went where he belonged? Throw in Toney's fat ass to that group as well.

I guess they leave for the bigger paydays, but I wonder if the paydays wouldnt be just as large if fighters stayed at cruiser and put on exciting fights.
HaydelHammer
Would this even be considered an upset if eddie pulls this off?????

I'd be shocked if eddie won simply b/c he did it on the road more than who he actually beat to be honest.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.