Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If Klitschko and other Heavywight Boxers are fast....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
dominicbuilder9k1
If Klitschko and some heavyweight boxers are as fast as Pacquiao or Floyd,... this division will be exciting and on top of boxing....what do you think?...or maybe its the fighter that counts?...or the style?... or the match-up?...
AussieLad
Or imagine if Pacquiao hit as hard as Wlad

What if we could use a shrink ray and make Ike Ibeabuchi a flyweight... now that would be something
Lil-lightsout
Having speed like the guys you mentioned has zero to do with making a fighter or division exciting. There is way more than just speed...
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 19 2010, 09:19 PM) *
Having speed like the guys you mentioned has zero to do with making a fighter or division exciting. There is way more than just speed...

Yeah....I agree... I'm a bit surprised why the heavyweight division is not as exciting when Ali ...or Mike Tyson were still active...?...I've read a lot of good articles about the Klitschko"s and other heavyweights...but it seems its not doing any good to attract boxing fans, that is if we compare it to the lower weight divisions..?...when will the likes of Ali come again?...we need a Holyfield...we need the likes of fraizer or Tyson..?...it will surely push the heavyweight div. back on top for sure...
dominicbuilder9k1
QUOTE (dominicbuilder9k1 @ Mar 20 2010, 02:22 AM) *
Yeah....I agree... I'm a bit surprised why the heavyweight division is not as exciting when Ali ...or Mike Tyson were still active...?...I've read a lot of good articles about the Klitschko"s and other heavyweights...but it seems its not doing any good to attract boxing fans, that is if we compare it to the lower weight divisions..?...when will the likes of Ali come again?...we need a Holyfield...we need the likes of fraizer or Tyson..?...it will surely push the heavyweight div. back on top for sure...

I think it was last week when I heard somebody on TV saying he doesn't like watching "small men" (referring to welterweights boxers) fight,...emphasizing he only watch boxing if it is "heavyweights"... sad to say, a lot of people are not attracted to this division as before...
STEVENSKI
It is not the Klit sisters faults that thier division is not only boring but completely uninspiring in every single facet to watch. They are big guys & should be laying out cunts left & right.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 20 2010, 09:39 AM) *
It is not the Klit sisters faults that thier division is not only boring but completely uninspiring in every single facet to watch. They are big guys & should be laying out cunts left & right.

I agree. If they were out there mauling these cats and making it understood that they are not to be phucked with....more would watch the slaughters including myself as I would fine it outrageously hilarious knowing the opponent has A) zero chance at winning B. joke about what round and how the opponent will be FUBAR and C) DVR the devastation to watch it over and over again.

...but instead I got the sisters to watch...lol
d843
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 20 2010, 08:47 AM) *
I agree. If they were out there mauling these cats and making it understood that they are not to be phucked with....more would watch the slaughters including myself as I would fine it outrageously hilarious knowing the opponent has A) zero chance at winning B. joke about what round and how the opponent will be FUBAR and C) DVR the devastation to watch it over and over again.

Look,this is how I see it.Eventually the division will be GREAT again.Its just taking longer than we would like.Just like slangs,clothes,dances,ect.there's a lot of people on this planet,there's some 10 yr old kid or younger out there as we speek ,admiring the history of the division & is striving to be the next tyson,ali,exc.some of us might be old as fuck,some of us might be dead but those of us that will be alive to see it,it will be something special to tell our grands!Just like my grand father shared with me
JD
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 20 2010, 03:45 AM) *
lol

I agree.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (HaydelHammer @ Mar 20 2010, 01:47 PM) *

Exactly. Lennox Lewis love him or loathe him actually took people out in devestating fashion & his career is filled with highlight reel KO's. Wlad's career is filled with his devestating jab. I could give a fuck that he laid out Chambers with 10 seconds to go. That fat cunt was ready to go from round 1.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 20 2010, 08:39 AM) *

I concur Steve. If you look at it, the HW division wasn't particulalry strong when Tyson was at his peak (but better than it is now) but what made it exciting was that he at least laid guys out like he was supposed to. Can you imagine a human doughnut like Eddie Chambers lasting more than a couple of rounds at Mike's peak?

It would've been Tubbs Volume 2.
HaydelHammer
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 20 2010, 08:17 PM) *
Exactly. Lennox Lewis love him or loathe him actually took people out in devestating fashion & his career is filled with highlight reel KO's. Wlad's career is filled with his devestating jab. I could give a fuck that he laid out Chambers with 10 seconds to go. That fat cunt was ready to go from round 1.

I'm with you. Like I said earlier....had he turned and leaned into that hook with bad ass intentions and made that KO brutal.....I'd feel like he had some sort of dog about himself...instead he did a basic off left hook pull on the back leg (basically just pulled the left and it landed on the spot).....chambers was already ready to quit looking for a reason if you ask me.

don't get me wrong....wlad was trying to land about 3 or 4 big ass long rights before that (but that was off manny pushing him and it was the 12th)..his dumb ass missed them all looking awkward as hell while missing them also.

Man I don't know.....I'm just going to fade into Bolivia man.
JonnyBlaze
Speed isn't what people want or need at heavyweight..Power is something people expect and want from a heavyweight champ/contender..Lennox Lewis is a good example,he wasn't fast but had some smarts combined with real power..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.