Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jones Hopkins 2 - Tickets
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
getup

May head to Vegas that weekend and wondering if good idea to just pickup tickets on fight night at booth. Do remaining tickets usually go on discount? Never been to Vegas for a fight.
Lil-lightsout
You could probably just go there and get them. I think there will probably only be two guys there anyway watching, Method and Eugene. laugh.gif

Seriously, if you plan on going I would get tickets online when they go on sale to make sure you get the tickets you want. I would not wait to go there. I got ripped off at AC when I went up to see the Bowe-Golota rematch. I figured I would get the $25 cheap seats for me and my girlfriend to watch at the door. Well the bitch behind the counter said there were only $100 tickets left. So I spent $200 and sat one fucking section down from the Cheap seats, and what really pissed me off was there were lots of $25 seats left.
Method
I will NOT be trekking to Vegas for this one.
getup

Yeah, it's just i heard remaining tickets are known to discount on fight night.....hoping i can get better value.

Method
They usually are. They "paper" the crowd. They did it as MSG for Hopkins/Trinidad and Trinidad/Joppy. Last minute they start giving away tickets to fill the venue up. Extremely common for one-off events like Boxing matches or award shows, etc.
alaganza
You may see a lot of people there dressed as empty seats. yahoo.gif
getup
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 22 2010, 09:07 AM) *
They usually are. They "paper" the crowd. They did it as MSG for Hopkins/Trinidad and Trinidad/Joppy. Last minute they start giving away tickets to fill the venue up. Extremely common for one-off events like Boxing matches or award shows, etc.

Thanks. If papering takes place, would you go up to the ticket booth?
Method
I guess, bro. I have never been a part of that. I just know from being at the aforementioned events that it has indeed taken place, and my guess is it usually happens close to the time the main event is about to pop off. I seriously doubt they start it for the under card.
getup
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 22 2010, 10:24 AM) *
I guess, bro. I have never been a part of that. I just know from being at the aforementioned events that it has indeed taken place, and my guess is it usually happens close to the time the main event is about to pop off. I seriously doubt they start it for the under card.

Thanks alot.

Method
Actually, one of my vendors (and friend) is having his 50th B-Day party at the Wynn Encore next weekend. I might use that as an excuse to roll. Should know by the end of the week. But agaun I will likely NOT wait around to see if they paper the crowd. I'll get sweet tix through the industry or pay for floor seats. Fights aint worth a shit attending unless you're ringside, and EVEN THEN, the BEST seat in the house is from your 60" 1080 p Plasma couchside. You get all the analytical "color", pre-fight specials, in corner color during the fight, and ringside analysis during. AT the fight, you just sit and watch. It's cool and all, but...
getup

QUOTE (Method @ Mar 22 2010, 06:47 PM) *
Actually, one of my vendors (and friend) is having his 50th B-Day party at the Wynn Encore next weekend. I might use that as an excuse to roll. Should know by the end of the week. But agaun I will likely NOT wait around to see if they paper the crowd. I'll get sweet tix through the industry or pay for floor seats. Fights aint worth a shit attending unless you're ringside, and EVEN THEN, the BEST seat in the house is from your 60" 1080 p Plasma couchside. You get all the analytical "color", pre-fight specials, in corner color during the fight, and ringside analysis during. AT the fight, you just sit and watch. It's cool and all, but...

I hear you. For me, I'll probably go the day before or day of the event to see what's available. I'm a huge fan and want to see it live. Cheers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.