Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Board Seminar" Premiere Edition
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
The CEO
If you're in Team FightHype, you already know about this...I will now introduce it here like I did in the private section of the forum....

I'm starting a venture here very soon and am gonna need some help...I'm gonna start a "mailbag" for FH...except, this will be different to others you may have seen...what I'm gonna do is take questions from registered boarders/guests and answer them on the website...it will be a Mature Themed spot called Board Seminar...

and here's where the twist comes in...I will answer questions about ANYTHING...I can give cutting edge advice and opinions on general Life situations....The Focus will be on The 3 Bs ofcourse...Boxing, Beer, and Bitches...lol....I KNOW I can make it educational and entertaining at the same time...

You can either ask me your question in this thread or via email at skullsplittertheceo@fighthype.com...

Think of it as a cool ass, Q & A for Men's Men...a Boxing Fan Lifestyle thing...

Anyway...Hype said he loves the idea and has given me the freedom to run with it however I like...in fact, he said he's been wanting to get more guys from the forum involved with the site...

So here's your chance for your quality opinions to finally be seen by a significantly larger audience...

In addition to people asking ME questions, I will be asking THE BOARD questions...once again, you can post the answer in here or to my email address above....the best answer(s) will go up on my column at FightHype.com...nothing too long please....the more well written (i.e. proper grammar, punctuation, etc), the better as well...

and the 1st question IS...

Let's say Wladimir and Vitali WEREN'T brothers and had to fight each other this year. Who wins and why?

The 2nd question is...

How do you feel about Vasquez-Marquez IV?

You can answer one, or both....the question that is received better will be the one I use...I'd like to be able to submit a strong, finished product to Hype by Thursday....I'm really looking forward to taking your questions and putting our Board and its Members in a spotlight...

thumbsup_anim.gif

JD
Good stuff, bro.

Let me start with some boxing...if you could make one fight in the weight classes below, between any fighter from any era...what would the fights be?

Featherweight
Lightweight
Welterweight
Middleweight
Light Heavyweight
Heavyweight
The CEO
QUOTE (JD @ Mar 22 2010, 10:35 AM) *
Good stuff, bro.

Let me start with some boxing...if you could make one fight in the weight classes below, between any fighter from any era...what would the fights be?

Featherweight
Lightweight
Welterweight
Middleweight
Light Heavyweight
Heavyweight

Thanks for settin' it off, JD...that's a solid question...

I'll probably only be answering 4 questions per Edition...so needless to say, I WILL be cherrypickin'...lol
Method
Hopkins vs Hagler at Middleweight

Vitali and Wladdy should be FORCED to fight. HBO put up $20M, guarantee each brother $10 a piece, and make these two giant vaginas fight each other. Due to the psychological advantage virtually EVERY older brother has over his younger sibling, I say Vitali takes it no matter HOW much better Wladdy may be perceived to be (and I am not saying that is the perception). Hell, I'd venture to say that even if Vitali was just an amateur he'd beat his younger brother - YES, the psychological advantage is THAT strong. My younger brother STILL flinches when I walk by him in cramped quarters. Vitali ALL day EVERY day.
The CEO
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 22 2010, 11:38 AM) *
Hopkins vs Hagler at Middleweight

Vitali and Wladdy should be FORCED to fight. HBO put up $20M, guarantee each brother $10 a piece, and make these two giant vaginas fight each other. Due to the psychological advantage virtually EVERY older brother has over his younger sibling, I say Vitali takes it no matter HOW much better Wladdy may be perceived to be (and I am not saying that is the perception). Hell, I'd venture to say that even if Vitali was just an amateur he'd beat his younger brother - YES, the psychological advantage is THAT strong. My younger brother STILL flinches when I walk by him in cramped quarters. Vitali ALL day EVERY day.

laugh.gif

That's very true...the older brother usually has that advantage over the younger brother...almost like the father over son advantage.....I like your answer...but do you think it's all Vitali if they WEREN'T related?

I personally think Wlad beats him the last few years, but the Vitali of the Lewis fight beats today's Wlad....but I'll keep quiet...these questions are for y'all...
Method
Yeah. I thin Vit the Clit beats him. He's got more heart than his puss baby bro.
Lil-lightsout
Great idea!

I say Vitali stops Wlad if they were to fight. Like Method already mentioned about the "big brother" advantage is huge. I am a little brother, I know. black eye.gif Vitali is not as smooth and fluid as Wlad, but his toughness and heart is what separates them judging from past performances(minus first Byrd fight). So even if they were not brothers, I would still favor Vitali due to his mental toughness.

I am all for Marquez-Vasquez IV, sure it's not good for their well being, but they are fighters and that is what THEY want. It will be a great scrap yet again, and I am pulling for Marquez in this one.

My question...back with that later.
King Eugene
Vitali stops Wlad. He knows he cant handle the early on pressure ala Sanders. Vitali has never showed any signs of not being able to take a punch nor being effected to much from taking huge shots ala LL. Wlad would not have lasted against Lewis had he fought him Vitali the way Vitali did. Vitali was willing to go out on his shield in that fight. Wlad has never shown he was willing to do the same although he hasn't really been put in that same situation. I'm just going by what I've seen.
King Eugene
A big issue that has come about lately is comparing old school fighters to modern day fighters. What separates them and makes one generation/era better than the other? A lot of the time when this question is asked the most frequent answer is these guys fight for most money least risk but I'm looking for more than that. I want to know about the intangibles and other aspects of these fighters that separates them. And who better to ask than some old heads and very knowledgeable FIGHTHYPE posters?
Method
I think one of the MAJOR things that separates "old school" fighters from new school fighters, aside from some of the fundamental "old school" techniques - shoulder roll, chin tucked, lateral leg stance instead of straight up, etc, is that old school fighters weren't penalized as bad for losing as these new school guys are. And, I'll go even further and say that BECAUSE they weren't as penalized, they were much more willing to mix it up with whoever whenever that they fought SO MUCH MORE OFTEN. I think the big brother corporations are a big reason that things are so fucked up now. They control the money and everything else, so fighters know this and are so much less willing to take chance with their records/careers.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 22 2010, 08:00 PM) *
I think one of the MAJOR things that separates "old school" fighters from new school fighters, aside from some of the fundamental "old school" techniques - shoulder roll, chin tucked, lateral leg stance instead of straight up, etc, is that old school fighters weren't penalized as bad for losing as these new school guys are. And, I'll go even further and say that BECAUSE they weren't as penalized, they were much more willing to mix it up with whoever whenever that they fought SO MUCH MORE OFTEN. I think the big brother corporations are a big reason that things are so fucked up now. They control the money and everything else, so fighters know this and are so much less willing to take chance with their records/careers.

Damn, nice ass breakdown. Never even looked at it that way but thats what I was looking for.
Snoop
Vit over Wlad.

Marquez vs Vasquez was good the first three times but I feel a 4th is unnecessary.
Big Slim Sweet
If Vitali and Wlad weren't brothers, then I'd think Wlad might win a boring decision, because I do believe he is at this point in time a better boxer. But since they are brothers, and Vitali is the older and undoubtedly tougher brother, I think he'd knock baby bro out. But if they were to fight this year, as brothers, with HBO turning over their cash register to make it happen, I think Wlad would win by boring UD, mostly because I think Vitali would let him.

I don't want to see them fight.

As for Vazquez-Marquez 4, I'm against it. We've seen these guys damn near kill each other three times already. We know what a fight between them in their primes looks like. An absolute classic. But with this 4th installment, if one of them were to dominate the other it wouldn't mean he had proven himself to be the better fighter, just that the other guy was completely shot to pieces.

But like somebody else said, they want to do it, and it's the only way for either of them to make that kind of money, so let em do it. I'll watch, but I definitely don't consider the fight necessary or really even relevant.
d843
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 22 2010, 09:28 AM) *
If you're in Team FightHype, you already know about this...I will now introduce it here like I did in the private section of the forum....

I'm starting a venture here very soon and am gonna need some help...I'm gonna start a "mailbag" for FH...except, this will be different to others you may have seen...what I'm gonna do is take questions from registered boarders/guests and answer them on the website...it will be a Mature Themed spot called Board Seminar...

and here's where the twist comes in...I will answer questions about ANYTHING...I can give cutting edge advice and opinions on general Life situations....The Focus will be on The 3 Bs ofcourse...Boxing, Beer, and Bitches...lol....I KNOW I can make it educational and entertaining at the same time...

You can either ask me your question in this thread or via email at skullsplittertheceo@fighthype.com...

Think of it as a cool ass, Q & A for Men's Men...a Boxing Fan Lifestyle thing...

Anyway...Hype said he loves the idea and has given me the freedom to run with it however I like...in fact, he said he's been wanting to get more guys from the forum involved with the site...

So here's your chance for your quality opinions to finally be seen by a significantly larger audience...

In addition to people asking ME questions, I will be asking THE BOARD questions...once again, you can post the answer in here or to my email address above....the best answer(s) will go up on my column at FightHype.com...nothing too long please....the more well written (i.e. proper grammar, punctuation, etc), the better as well...

and the 1st question IS...

Let's say Wladimir and Vitali WEREN'T brothers and had to fight each other this year. Who wins and why?

The 2nd question is...

How do you feel about Vasquez-Marquez IV?

You can answer one, or both....the question that is received better will be the one I use...I'd like to be able to submit a strong, finished product to Hype by Thursday....I'm really looking forward to taking your questions and putting our Board and its Members in a spotlight...

thumbsup_anim.gif

Me & some of my closest road dogs have debated this topic several times.Who would win?The way I see it is like this.If it was wlad in the place of lewis back in 04 i'd have to go with vitaly. But now it's 6yrs later,I got to go with wlad.Seriously,even if HBO were to shell out the bread for them to scrap.I don't think either of them would really try to ko each other,It would be more like a showcase.They would call it BLOOD AGAINST BLOOD.Not too many people are going to agree with me on this but I think they will eventually fight each other.I don't know about you,but $ RULES everything around me.
Spyder
Alright CEO, I have a very good question for you...

The modern man has a lot of choices. Girls are sluttier NOW, more than ever before. A man of reasonable looks and talents, can go out and get laid by as many different women as he wants. He can say whatever is on his mind, without the risk of being dismissive. He can go and come as he pleases, without being neglectful. He can take an hour long Sunday Morning shit, and have no one disturb him...yet a lot of us get married. Why?

laugh.gif
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 23 2010, 04:08 AM) *

The modern man has a lot of choices. Girls are sluttier NOW, more than ever before. A man of reasonable looks and talents, can go out and get laid by as many different women as he wants. He can say whatever is on his mind, without the risk of being dismissive. He can go and come as he pleases, without being neglectful. He can take an hour long Sunday Morning shit, and have no one disturb him...yet a lot of us get married. Why?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I would like to hear the response to that conundrum.
Lil-lightsout
So funny you asked that question, cause I had a very similar one I was going to ask but decided against it. My take is I will take waking up with my wife every morning over being with some slut here and there. What happens when you get older and the young ones no longer look your way? I went threw that phase, for a short time a long time ago, but it gets old and I wanted a mutual relationship with meaning. It had it's exciting moments and fun times, but I just personally always preferred the family type life with kids and stuff. Sounds pretty boring to some, and I know this question was not directed at me. Anyway, I am sure CEO will have something to say about it.
The CEO
It seems like some are havin' a hard time gettin' past that "NOT being brothers" thing...lol...maybe what HBO says is true....that most of us believe Wlad and Vitali are the same person...lol

Maybe I should keep it a straight up question and take out the "What if they weren't related?" part?...

QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 22 2010, 11:08 PM) *

laugh.gif

Damn...that's deep...I could probably write a whole page on that...lol...so many things to consider....very good question like you say....

That's what I want though...I want to publish maybe 2 Boxing/MMA related questions and 2 General questions....

I also would like people to ask me about celebrities or people in the public eye...like "What do you think of so and so?"...I can trash 'em real nice...lol
The CEO
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 23 2010, 06:06 PM) *
I didn't even read the thread C.E.O.

I just saw some posts on Wlad vs Vitali and wrote that up.

You skimmed this thread??

sad.gif

That hurts...
STEVENSKI
Lord Skullsplitter what is your opinion of the English in general & especially people from the north west region of England? Do you feel that their culture & more importantly their beer is superior to what America offers? What about their sport they have quite the lively boxing scene. Do you see any future superstars & world champions coming from England?
Big Slim Sweet
I saw the NOT being brothers part of the question. I took Wlad by decision.

My question to you, CEO, is this:

Prime Tommy Hearns vs. Ricky Hatton at 147...

Is there any mythical match-up you'd rather have the pleasure of watching than this one?
The CEO
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 23 2010, 08:47 PM) *
Lord Skullsplitter what is your opinion of the English in general & especially people from the north west region of England? Do you feel that their culture & more importantly their beer is superior to what America offers? What about their sport they have quite the lively boxing scene. Do you see any future superstars & world champions coming from England?

HA HAAA!!

Can't wait to answer that....but I will show restraint and save it for a later edition......talk about a Set Up...I'll fookin' SMASH that one....lol

QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 23 2010, 09:45 PM) *
Yeah I'm at work, I read the first post and it was the same as the one in the other section, so I didn't really read most of the thread C.E.O, lol. No hard feelings.

wub.gif

Whatever...skimmin' me like MarzB does...lol

QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 23 2010, 11:00 PM) *

Is there any mythical match-up you'd rather have the pleasure of watching than this one?

LMAOOO!!

That would be something I would call "extremely pleasurable to watch"....
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 23 2010, 11:00 PM) *

With Tommy's chin and Hatton's relentless pressure, he tires Hearns out and stops the "Hitman" with body shots. Tommy's frame could not have held up to Hatton's hooks to the body.
Spyder
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 24 2010, 12:16 AM) *
With Tommy's chin and Hatton's relentless pressure, he tires Hearns out and stops the "Hitman" with body shots. Tommy's frame could not have held up to Hatton's hooks to the body.

Just trying to get him riled up...lol
The CEO
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 24 2010, 11:09 AM) *
Just trying to get him riled up...lol

Won't let myself get riled on that one...lol...Hatton over Hearns...lol

On a serious note...I fear that the May-Mosley bout's gonna send L-L into a violent depression...I know he has a theater room with an extra large movie screen...I can almost see him climbing a ladder with a knife in his teeth and jumping onto it...rippin' it like a pirate comin' down a sail...LMAO!
blackbelt2003
OK, beer, bitches, boxing, got it.

Evangeline Lilly. Megan Fox.

Both drunk off Mexican beer, nekkid and wearing 8oz gloves.

Which one do you KO, which one do you get down and dirty with?

Black
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 23 2010, 10:50 PM) *
LMAOOO!!

That would be something I would call "extremely pleasurable to watch"....

First think about the Hearns-Duran and Pacquaio-Hatton KO's.

Then think about how much harder Hearns hits than Pacquaio. And how much better Duran's chin was than Hatton's.

Now think about cracking an ice cold bottle of your favorite beer as the bell rings for round one.

*drool*

QUOTE (blackbelt2003 @ Mar 24 2010, 11:30 AM) *
OK, beer, bitches, boxing, got it.

Evangeline Lilly. Megan Fox.

Both drunk off Mexican beer, nekkid and wearing 8oz gloves.

Which one do you KO, which one do you get down and dirty with?

Black

I'll get down and dirty with Evangeline Lilly personally. Megan Fox is getting KTFO.
The CEO
LMAO!....good stuff, Sweetness...Black....I just finished the 1st Edition and used both your questions...I also used JD's and Keith's from an email...

Meth's Klitschko post made it...

For everyone else that questioned or answered me...thank you....I might use your Q & A's in future editions (if Hype WANTS any more of 'em...lol)....I really enjoyed writing it...hope y'all enjoy it too...

drinks.gif
Keith
yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Friggin Sweet!

I made the 1st edition of Board Seminar.

I am looking foward to it very much, not only for my question but for your answers to all of them. I think its a great idea for us to have some fun and build this community even further.

thumbsup_anim.gif
Spyder
This is fucking bullshit! How could I get cut from the 1st edition?

Fuck this Board Seminar...I vote for a hostile takeover!
Keith
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 24 2010, 09:48 PM) *

laugh.gif

Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 25 2010, 02:48 AM) *

LMAO. Spyder always riling shit up.
Mean Mister Mustard
Just for future reference, do we stop posting on this thread until you ask the next question? Can we still discuss the topics in this same thread?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 24 2010, 11:24 AM) *
Won't let myself get riled on that one...lol...Hatton over Hearns...lol

On a serious note...I fear that the May-Mosley bout's gonna send L-L into a violent depression...I know he has a theater room with an extra large movie screen...I can almost see him climbing a ladder with a knife in his teeth and jumping onto it...rippin' it like a pirate comin' down a sail...LMAO!

laugh.gif

Kidding about my Hatton-Hearns prediction...obviously. Hearns by violent KO in round one.

One good thing about the May 1 fight, I am having a big ass party, since the wife and I were not able to make it out to Vegas. I already started inviting people, and I will have to behave cause so many people will be there. I should for the fun of it record me during the fight to see how I react during the fight and outcome. If Mosley does lose, like 95% of this board thinks, I am going to catch so much flack here.

The CEO
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 24 2010, 08:30 PM) *
yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Friggin Sweet!

I made the 1st edition of Board Seminar.

I am looking foward to it very much, not only for my question but for your answers to all of them. I think its a great idea for us to have some fun and build this community even further.

thumbsup_anim.gif

It was a perfect question...you may not like my answer though...lol

The bold is what it's all about...I think the format I chose can do this....

QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 24 2010, 09:48 PM) *

laugh.gif

I'm sorry, bro. I didn't want it to seem like I was playin' favorites...everyone knows we text and chat on The PS3 sometimes...you were the casualty.

laugh.gif

Nahhhh...the reason I didn't use your Q was because of what I said....it would require an in depth answer (if I wanted to answer it properly), and I didn't wanna be a windbag in The Premiere Edition....may answer it in the future...I definitely need to see how it looks published to decide what a good size of content is...

QUOTE (Mean Mister Mustard @ Mar 24 2010, 10:31 PM) *
Just for future reference, do we stop posting on this thread until you ask the next question? Can we still discuss the topics in this same thread?

Ofcourse you can...I might end up doing formal threads for my questions if we continue with this...
The CEO
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 25 2010, 04:52 AM) *
laugh.gif

Kidding about my Hatton-Hearns prediction...obviously. Hearns by violent KO in round one.

One good thing about the May 1 fight, I am having a big ass party, since the wife and I were not able to make it out to Vegas. I already started inviting people, and I will have to behave cause so many people will be there. I should for the fun of it record me during the fight to see how I react during the fight and outcome. If Mosley does lose, like 95% of this board thinks, I am going to catch so much flack here.

lol...well you know how it goes....no risk, no reward....and the more convinced and loud you are about a prediction, the more punishment you take AND deserve...

If Kessler would have KOed Ward, I would have been takin' shit all the way through 2011...lol
Spyder
Alright, I'll streamline my question next time...more Maxim, less Swingers.
Method
Where is this shit?
The CEO
I emailed it to Hype yesterday....don't know when he'll put it up...
The CEO
Up and runnin'...check it out...

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content7267.html
JD
Good stuff, brother...
Snoop
Haha. That shit was great.

D-MARV
Great Job!!!
blackbelt2003
Hilarious. Is it every week? Can't wait for the next one!!!

Black
The CEO
Thanks, guys...I appreciate y'all.

I plan on doing this monthly at first...if it gets hot, I'll do one every fortnight...
Method
Monthly? MONTHLY??????

Every Friday!
Snoop
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 29 2010, 08:39 PM) *
Monthly? MONTHLY??????

Every Friday!

Agreed. Monthly is way too far apart.
The CEO
Weekly?...shiiiiiit....I don't know if I can do it...I wanna bring The Heat every time...so I don't know if I can pull that off....

A lot of this depends on the input I get from y'all...I may be doing most of the talking, but this is a Team Effort....I don't wanna publish the same Members' names every Edition....so if I was to pick up the pace, it would take STRONG Qs & As from more people....know what I mean?

We'll see what happens...
Keith

Great Read. thumbsup_anim.gif
salvador
I'd like to know what you think the punishment should be for someone testing positive for steroids AFTER winning a fight by ko. Should the losing fighter be able to sue for damages to his career and his future earnings prospects? And if the losing fighter suffered a massive concussion, should the fighter who tested positive for steroids be facing a jail sentence? What about if the roided up fighter actually maims his opponent like Gerald McClellan?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.