Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haye taking Ruiz lightly?
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2
Maxy

Every time he has boxed before he has always looked in 100% tip top shape. This pic, taken last Thursday, seems to show a paunchy David Haye.

If he's taken Ruiz lightly will he get away with it?
MarzB
Thats definitely not a flattering pic no doubt about it. I've heard stories of Haye NOT liking to do road work.

I hope PCRAW comes here and share what BJ Flores mentioned to him about sparring with Haye..
BGv2.0
Angles can always be decieving...Haye always comes in shape...come fight time he will look as he always does. I just think that's an unflattering angle....shit it's still MUCH better than if I myself were to strike the pose! lol

He also recently said in an interview on the front page is was not going to make the mistake of taking Ruiz lightly...and well he should not. Ruiz has that effect on people...and it's often gotten him victories.

I think Ruiz will come ready as he is very realistic as to his ticking clock in regard to reirement. About 6 months ago, he said he knows he only has about 2 years tops...and with the way it takes to get fights...that's maybe 3 fights if he is lucky....so I think he will make the most out of this opportunity.

MarzB
Haye is going to win this fight and MARK my words when future fights are discussed, this RUIZ win will be scoffed at by some. I agree with BG's post about Ruiz. While I don't think I've ever met a Ruiz fan, I think he at this stage is a great opponent and test for Haye. He's experienced, he "can" punch and he "can" revert to doing unconventional, unorthodx things that are VERY hard to prepare for.

If Haye is what he "talks" (and I think he is even down to where he says he doesn't take punches well) then this fight is a good heavyweight measuring stick if there ever was one leading up to future challenges.
salvador
It's amazing to me that this fight isn't going to be broadcast in the US. With the HW division as weak as it is, one would think that some network executive might feel that this fight was worthy for no other reason than to set up a Haye-Klit match.

I actually think that this could be a very exciting fight and a real test for Haye. Instead we're going to have the option of paying $49.95 for Jones-Hopkins 2. It's just so wrong.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 24 2010, 01:03 PM) *
Haye is going to win this fight and MARK my words when future fights are discussed, this RUIZ win will be scoffed at by some. I agree with BG's post about Ruiz. While I don't think I've ever met a Ruiz fan, I think he at this stage is a great opponent and test for Haye. He's experienced, he "can" punch and he "can" revert to doing unconventional, unorthodx things that are VERY hard to prepare for.

If Haye is what he "talks" (and I think he is even down to where he says he doesn't take punches well) then this fight is a good heavyweight measuring stick if there ever was one leading up to future challenges.

I actually like Ruiz. he may not have an interesting style, but you can't question his heart and his determination. I'd like to see him win, but then again I'd love to see a Haye v. Wlad fight. That oughta be Must See TV
BGv2.0
I like Johnny!

There was a time I hated his guts...just like every other boxing fan. BUT...I then came to respect the fact that you have a very limited fighter....that managed to come up with a "style"...that...love it or hate it..caused problems for very good boxers.

The guy has very good wins over solid opposition, all of his losses have come to either top ranked or championship level oppostion....only been ko'd once early in his career.

I have ALWAYS wanted to see a Tua/Ruiz rematch....AND....not because I ever thought Tua would somehow do the same thing....quite the opposite...I always said that I think people would be surprised at how tough of a fight that would have been for Tua.

I also LOVE the fact that he has created a personality for himself as a fighter.....due to his style....people absolutley HATE him....and boxing needs guys like that. I can recall fondly how people would be SOOOO dissapointed when he managed to win over some opponent everyone picked him to lose to.

His willingness to fight anybody, anywhere is also an excellent attribute.

As much as people hate to admit it....the ONLY Latino HW Champion ever...and a two time HW champion at that....is John Ruiz!

Saying all of that...as much as I like Ruiz....I really hope that Haye gets a clear victory. Only because he is younger and I really think he would match up better with either of the KLits.

I think that Ruiz brings a HUGE level of experiance having fought Valuev as many times as he did....and that would help him HUGE in any fight he would have with either Klits....but at the end of the day...I just see his age starting to play a factor....

I would have loved to have seen Ruiz/either Klit....about 3-4 years ago....but now....I think for the possible future of the division I hop eto see Haye earn his shot.

MarzB
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 24 2010, 03:31 PM) *
I actually like Ruiz. he may not have an interesting style, but you can't question his heart and his determination. I'd like to see him win, but then again I'd love to see a Haye v. Wlad fight. That oughta be Must See TV

I agree with you here. I think John does the best with what he has and how can ANYONE argue with that?? Granted his fights with Rahman and Golotta are friggin unwatchable a second time (those poor judges who couldn't drink a beer or walk away,lol) . I've tried believe me.
Big Slim Sweet
I hope to someday piss on Ruiz's grave.
BigG
Yeah I used to hate Ruiz but now I'm a fan. He's a good guy out of the ring.

Haye will win IMO but Johnny is better than Valuev for sure. I think it could turn out to be a close and rough fight for Haye especially if he takes Johnny lightly..
STEVENSKI
Liked Ruiz for years because no matter what you think of him he gives 100% when he fights.
d843
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Mar 24 2010, 02:51 PM) *
Angles can always be decieving...Haye always comes in shape...come fight time he will look as he always does. I just think that's an unflattering angle....shit it's still MUCH better than if I myself were to strike the pose! lol

He also recently said in an interview on the front page is was not going to make the mistake of taking Ruiz lightly...and well he should not. Ruiz has that effect on people...and it's often gotten him victories.

I think Ruiz will come ready as he is very realistic as to his ticking clock in regard to reirement. About 6 months ago, he said he knows he only has about 2 years tops...and with the way it takes to get fights...that's maybe 3 fights if he is lucky....so I think he will make the most out of this opportunity.
WAR RUIZ!If he loses,I still think the klitschko's would give him a shot.To embarrass his bitch azz
d843
QUOTE (d843 @ Mar 24 2010, 06:10 PM) *
WAR RUIZ!If he loses,I still think the klitschko's would give him a shot.To embarrass his bitch azz
David haye that is
thehype
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 24 2010, 06:05 PM) *
Always had a bit of respect for Ruiz and had a soft spot for him. Definitely not exciting, but fights anybody, any where and any time. Always gave it his best and has some solid wins.

Ditto. HATE his style, but you just gotta respect him for doing what he needs to do to get it done.

WAR Ruiz.

And just to tough on something that MarzB mentioned earlier in the thread, from what I heard, David Haye isn't looking so great in sparring.

laugh.gif
Mean Mister Mustard
It would not be the first time that Haye takes training lightly. Remember that his first loss was as a result of poor conditioning.
BGv2.0
Don't put too much on what you hear in regard to sparring....

Mike Tyson was eaten up on a few occasion by McCall in sparring. Holyfield was beaten solid the entire camp for the first fight with Tyson...by GARY F'N BELL!

So even if you hear things...they do not always mean anything come fight night.

Warlord
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 25 2010, 02:50 AM) *
Didn't you know? People make up there mind of who is winning a fight by 'sparring stories' and the weigh in.

I think we all remember BigG's bewitchment by Manny Pacquiao's calves, and I remember Reg_One once claiming that Chris Byrd was going to knock a mofo out because of the size of his "guns." laugh.gif
Fitz
Haha.

You know I was just thinking. You know what would be an unreal e-battle in a fantasy match up? Reg_one vs torvix. Or even throw 'mayorgaisdangeous'. They would all have very entertaining battles between the three of them.
kidbazooka1
wel all know Hayes chin has been dented big time and all though Ruiz isn't the hardest punchers i still wouldn't be suprised to see him stop Haye if the right punch landed.
ROLL DEEP
The one thing I worry about is Haye's chin.

I think he'll come into the fight in great shape as always, but start going to pieces and get tired quickly as soon as his chin is knocked a little.

I think his movement, speed and solid power will cause Ruiz problems and be enough to get the win, I just don't want to see Ruiz in close to grab and rough him up.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 24 2010, 05:18 PM) *
I hope to someday piss on Ruiz's grave.

LMAO!!!

All these people starting to like Ruiz all the sudden...screw that he still is horrible to watch.
Warlord
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 25 2010, 03:12 AM) *
Haha.

You know I was just thinking. You know what would be an unreal e-battle in a fantasy match up? Reg_one vs torvix. Or even throw 'mayorgaisdangeous'. They would all have very entertaining battles between the three of them.

I think Reg_One vs. Torvix would've been the shit. An all-time great epic matchup. Can you imagine the amount of self-ownage going on in that battle? ROFLMAO! laugh.gif
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Warlord @ Mar 25 2010, 10:06 AM) *
I think Reg_One vs. Torvix would've been the shit. An all-time great epic matchup. Can you imagine the amount of self-ownage going on in that battle? ROFLMAO! laugh.gif

MID wins hands down. Temple is in the middle of the forehead? Nothing will ever top that. Add jermaine in too as he was always owning himself through ignorance.
JD
The temple forehead thing was embarrassing.
alaganza
The worst thing that can happen for the Heavies now is for Ruiz to win this fight.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Mar 25 2010, 04:01 AM) *
LMAO!!!

All these people starting to like Ruiz all the sudden...screw that he still is horrible to watch.

Right?! Can we get some friggin Jawny hate in this thread for fuck sake?!? The man's a menace to the sport we love!

QUOTE (alaganza @ Mar 25 2010, 08:50 AM) *
The worst thing that can happen for the Heavies now is for Ruiz to win this fight.

Equally horrible would be Ruiz losing this fight by decision, pissing and moaning about it like a sissy, becoming the WBA mandatory once again within 6 months, enforcing another title shot, having it granted, losing it by decision, pissing and moaning about it like a sissy..........

He's a fucking plague on the division. A virus that can't be cured. Being humiliated by former middleweights doesn't stop him. Being KTFO in 19 seconds doesn't stop him. NOTHING STOPS THIS PIECE OF SHIT FROM GETTING ONE UNWARRANTED TITLE SHOT AFTER ANOTHER.

He has to die, plain and simple. As long as he continues to breathe air, he makes my world and the world of self-respecting boxing fans a worse place to live in.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 25 2010, 09:53 AM) *
He has to die, plain and simple. As long as he continues to breathe air, he makes my world and the world of self-respecting boxing fans a worse place to live in.

laugh.gif
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Fitz @ Mar 25 2010, 02:12 AM) *
Haha.

MAN...you are dusting off some cobwebs with those names! lol

How about Mike Ravens, Drag Racer and my all time favorite...Avon Lady.

Right?! Can we get some friggin Jawny hate in this thread for fuck sake?!? The man's a menace to the sport we love!

Equally horrible would be Ruiz losing this fight by decision, pissing and moaning about it like a sissy, becoming the WBA mandatory once again within 6 months, enforcing another title shot, having it granted, losing it by decision, pissing and moaning about it like a sissy..........

He's a fucking plague on the division. A virus that can't be cured. Being humiliated by former middleweights doesn't stop him. Being KTFO in 19 seconds doesn't stop him. NOTHING STOPS THIS PIECE OF SHIT FROM GETTING ONE UNWARRANTED TITLE SHOT AFTER ANOTHER.

laugh.gif THIS IS WHAT I LOVE ABOUT RUIZ!

Say what you will...but the guy brings out raw emotion from fans....

QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 25 2010, 02:53 AM) *
wel all know Hayes chin has been dented big time and all though Ruiz isn't the hardest punchers i still wouldn't be suprised to see him stop Haye if the right punch landed.

Ruiz did something Tyson, Holmes, Foreman. Mercer and Lewis could not do.....he floored Holyfield.

And that was one of the hardest sneaky rights I'd ever seen. Holy's eye was swollen and leaking like 3 seconds after it landed.

As a matter of fact....I've always said that single punch was what got him the decesion in that fight. There was such an outcry about Ruiz getting screwed on their first meeting....that people were looking for a reason to make up so the supposed screw job...and that punch is what did it.

I have watched that fight more than a few times....and always felt Holy was up on the cards when the KD took place.

I think that fight is a perfect example of how one punch actually swayed an outcome....granted there were issues that took place before that created a reason for the sway....but that sealed the deal.
Method
Ruiz is GARBAGE.

When is this fight and what are the odds. Not only do I like Haye big, but depending on the odds, I will lay money on him. I PRAY he's a dog.

Fuck John Ruiz...

D-MARV
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 25 2010, 12:51 PM) *
Ruiz is GARBAGE.

When is this fight and what are the odds. Not only do I like Haye big, but depending on the odds, I will lay money on him. I PRAY he's a dog.

Fuck John Ruiz.

Haye will not be the dog in this fight. This fight will look like Jones Jr-Ruiz. I got Haye taking it 116-112
Method
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking, Stylez.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Mar 25 2010, 11:44 AM) *
I think that fight is a perfect example of how one punch actually swayed an outcome....granted there were issues that took place before that created a reason for the sway....but that sealed the deal.

And I think that fight is a perfect example of how one cheating son of a bitch and one incompetent asshole actually swayed an outcome. Because I have to assume the issues you're referring to are the ones revolving around Holyfield knocking Ruiz out with a legal body shot only to have it ruled a low blow.

I also agree with StyleZ on this fight looking like Jones-Ruiz. Unfortunately, I think it will look just like it afterward as well, with Ruiz crying foul over some bullshit and the twats that run the WBA making sure to get him another title shot within 12 months.

Seriously, talking about odds, what are the odds that Ruiz ends up fighting Valuev or Chagaev before 2010 is through for an interim portion of the title?
Method
It is GOD DAM PAINFUL to listen to Ruiz try and talk shit. PAINFUL, "yaknawimean?". "Im the best, yaknawimean?"

Tony is among the best shit talkers. I wannna see Toney vs B-Hop. Give it.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 25 2010, 01:11 PM) *
And I think that fight is a perfect example of how one cheating son of a bitch and one incompetent asshole actually swayed an outcome. Because I have to assume the issues you're referring to are the ones revolving around Holyfield knocking Ruiz out with a legal body shot only to have it ruled a low blow.

For sure...EVERYBODY wanted Ruiz to win that fight due to some misguided thought that he got screwed in the first fight.

I thought Holy won the first fight...it was a close fight but I had no problem with the outcome. AND I thought Holy SHOULD have won the second fight as well, even with the KD....

BUT...at the time the boxing public thought Ruiz either won the first fight or kept it close enough that he somehow deserved things to swing his way the second time.

Yeah...I recall being super pissed about the Body KO being taken away.

The third fight is a little foggy to me...I THINK I agreed with Ruiz winning, but it being close.

Ruiz is considered 2-1 with Holyfield....but in mind he should be 1-2, as I thought he lost the first and second.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 25 2010, 11:51 AM) *
I PRAY he's a dog.

Look at him man!.....HE IS A DOG!

As in the BOUNTY HUNTER TYPE!

Look at Norm telling him...."sick 'em Jahnney...sick 'em!!!"

Look at the look in his eyes....that dog is ready to draw blood!
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Mar 25 2010, 01:40 PM) *
The third fight is a little foggy to me...I THINK I agreed with Ruiz winning, but it being close.

Ruiz is considered 2-1 with Holyfield....but in mind he should be 1-2, as I thought he lost the first and second.

Third fight was a draw, no? I didn't watch it, but I recall most feeling like Holyfield should have got the dec.
BGv2.0
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Mar 25 2010, 01:54 PM) *
Third fight was a draw, no? I didn't watch it, but I recall most feeling like Holyfield should have got the dec.

YEP...I think you are right....

Man...it's a real fog....it's not exactly Holyfield/Bowe level material. lol
Method
I agree, Holy deserved I & II.
The CEO
I don't know how you guys remember anything about those Holy-Ruiz fights...I repressed them like they were a traumatic childhood experience.

I'm with Sweetness and Meth and anyone else who thinks Dawn Louise is a disease.
d843

Well damb!THAT'S HARSH
d843

I SAY ,FUCK HAYE!I really hope ruiz pulls this shit off!If he does,I can't wait to see the look on that "genuine" look alike futha fucs face!I still think the hammer & the steel fist will give him a shot to imbarriss his bitch asss
BGv2.0
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 25 2010, 03:04 PM) *
I don't know how you guys remember anything about those Holy-Ruiz fights...I repressed them like they were a traumatic childhood experience.

I'm with Sweetness and Meth and anyone else who thinks Dawn Louise is a disease.

You know...they were not Bowe/Holy level...not by a long shot....but they were decent due to the weird stuff that surrounded the fights and the aging fighter and a then younger guy....

SHIT....compared to today's HW landscape and outcomes....they were steller testaments to the divison!

Like I said...love him or hate him...the guy gets people talking. Look at this thread...it's 5 pages. JR threads ALWAYS get good back and forths...becasuse people are so divided on him....and that is good for the division.

Even if people HATE him....at least he gets some sort of emotional response from folks....that can't be said for 99% of the HW division these days.

Remember when the HW lanscape was full of interesting fighters.

The evil cock busting nutcase Andrew Golota.
The Latino Octopus John Ruiz
The hard hitting-Don King hiared David Tua
The smart ass ego fueled British Champion LL
The Always hungry George Forman.
The oddball righty-lefty, warm and cold M Moorer

Hell even the relative unknows were interesting.

The Vegan with hot wife Zeljko Mavarick
The fat but mean Lionel Butler
The plumber looking Indian Joe Hipp
The Clone Trooper Jimmy Thunder

ahhh....it seems like yesterday.

Compare that to the BORING, uninspired CRAP that is the HW division today.

It's a shame.
d843
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Mar 25 2010, 03:47 PM) *
You know...they were not Bowe/Holy level...not by a long shot....but they were decent due to the weird stuff that surrounded the fights and the aging fighter and a then younger guy....

SHIT....compared to today's HW landscape and outcomes....they were steller testaments to the divison!

Like I said...love him or hate him...the guy gets people talking. Look at this thread...it's 5 pages. JR threads ALWAYS get good back and forths...becasuse people are so divided on him....and that is good for the division.

Even if people HATE him....at least he gets some sort of emotional response from folks....that can't be said for 99% of the HW division these days.

It's a shame.
GREAT POST,I wonder if m.moore is seriously thinking about a come back?i'd love to see him & j.toney go @ it
d843
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 25 2010, 03:04 PM) *

I know this is off topic but freddy roach is going to be on espn Jim Rome tomorrow
BGv2.0
QUOTE (d843 @ Mar 25 2010, 03:57 PM) *
GREAT POST,I wonder if m.moore is seriously thinking about a come back?i'd love to see him & j.toney go @ it

I saw that on the front page...I hop eit's not true.

Moorer was hard to get driven when he was in his prime...I see no way that changes with age. He looked AWFUL on his last "comeback" run....struggling with guys like Robert Davis and then getting CRUSHED Ruiz style at the hands of Tua.

And that was damn near ten years ago....

Say it ain't so MO!

BUT...with the divison in the state it's in...I can see how these guys would think it's a possibility. I just say wait a few years and let the Klits retire....then it would be a VERY real possibility to capture a belt.
Method
QUOTE (The CEO @ Mar 25 2010, 04:04 PM) *

Can we get a HATE LOCOMOTIVE GOING FOR RUIZ? I wanna be the guy shoveling the coal!
D-MARV
Here you go Method...

KookedKrack
I have learned my lesson.....i don't watch ANY fights involving John Ruiz.

Bore me once shame on you.

Bore me twice shame on me.
grapevine241
definitely a strong upset chance in this fight
The CEO
QUOTE (BGv2.0 @ Mar 25 2010, 04:47 PM) *

It's a shame.

That IS a great post...can't deny that...

but what's most important TO ME is that John Ruiz is directly responsible for introducing the ILLEGAL, excessive holding, offensive style that was later revolutionalized by Ricky Hatton...I've seen several other fighters catch on and use variations of "The Louise Style" in this latest era as well...as IF it was all fine and dandy to hold and hit all night long...to make it a PRIORITY to hold.

That's not Boxing...that's Bullshit.

Ruiz should have been DQed at LEAST 2, 3 times in his career....Hatton should have had points deducted at times and DQed at LEAST 1 time in his career....

Anyway...not arguing with you...glad you're posting more...I'm enjoying what I'm reading...but I see my point as undeniable too...

QUOTE (Method @ Mar 25 2010, 06:47 PM) *
Can we get a HATE LOCOMOTIVE GOING FOR RUIZ? I wanna be the guy shoveling the coal!

Well...Ruiz WAS in...

The FightHype Hate Dump

John Ruiz: Spyder, wvu8893, The C.E.O., JD, damarvelous1, Big Slim, snoopnick, happygocampy, Lil-lightsout, 3King3, biggeorge89, rusty_trombone

but if there was anyone to lead a FULL SCALE HV (Hate Vehicle) for him...that would be Sweetness.

His Ruiz Hate reads a 9.8...I felt the aftershocks from Chicago all the way down here in Georgia after that one post...lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.