Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WBC admits there's too many interim belts.....
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Byrd Man
WBC President Jose Sulaiman has expressed concern on the free way that boxing organizations are using the approval of interim championships, when they should be used strictly when a champion leaves a title inactive for medical or legal problems. He plans to present a recommendation to the WBC Governors at the coming 48th annual convention to be held in Cancun, Mexico, from November 7 to the 13, in regards to instituting a WBC silver world championship, in substitution of an interim championship “that does not represent a real title, when it is approved only for a fight without real significance.”

Snoop
So their solution to eliminating interim belts is to create more belts? Man, as if the belt situation wasn't ridiculous enough...
KookedKrack
WWE titles>>all the titles in boxing at this point

My face lights up with a smile every time i hear about a boxer refusing to pay a sanctioning fee to those cocksuckers.
Jack 1000
I don't get this. There's nothing lost or gained. It just sounds like they are replacing the Interim Championship with a silver belt. And there will be no such thing as a WBC Interim champion anymore. But why create a new non-title belt? Unless it's just a place holder for the #1 contender until he can fight for the title.

Jack
Snoop
Same shit under a different name, basically.
Spyder
Interim Belts are fought for when the Champion can't make his mandatory...what would constitute a Silver bout?
Byrd Man
The WBC just seems to constantly try to one-up themselves in the realm of ridiculousness
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.