Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HBO@ 9:30 PM (CST) SPOILERS @9:45 Guzman vs. Funeka II
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > Archives
Jack 1000
This thread is for all round-by-round and post fight reactions to the Funeka-Guzman rematch and the Maidana-Cayo fight.

Jack

Administrator
kidbazooka1
Guzman looked much better this time around and deserved the win but need to get his sh*t together if he want to cmpete with the big names.

Maidana stopped Cayo in the 6th rd in a give and take war with a brutal punch to the mid section. Theg uy may not be the mot skilled 140lb around but he sure can punch.
Snoop
I was about to say...did nobody watch this fight?
Snoop
Snoop
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 27 2010, 11:33 PM) *
Guzman looked much better this time around and deserved the win but need to get his sh*t together if he want to cmpete with the big names.

Maidana stopped Cayo in the 6th rd in a give and take war with a brutal punch to the mid section. Theg uy may not be the mot skilled 140lb around but he sure can punch.

Of course he would've he didn't have to cut any weight in the lead-up to the fight. When you come in 9 pounds over the limit you don't deserve to win shit. Guzman really disgusts me. I used to be a fan a while back but all I want to see now is his arse knocked out.

Didn't he have Big Floyd training him a coupla years ago? Yeah I remember they parted ways coz I think Senior didn't feel like Guzman was taking his shit seriously enough. It's pretty clear he has been proved right and nothing much has changed.
Snoop
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 28 2010, 08:24 AM) *
Of course he would've he didn't have to cut any weight in the lead-up to the fight. When you come in 9 pounds over the limit you don't deserve to win shit. Guzman really disgusts me. I used to be a fan a while back but all I want to see now is his arse knocked out.

Didn't he have Big Floyd training him a coupla years ago? Yeah I remember they parted ways coz I think Senior didn't feel like Guzman was taking his shit seriously enough. It's pretty clear he has been proved right and nothing much has changed.

Co-sign. Guzman didn't even deserve to have this fight, let alone the victory. This was a fight between a lightweight and a welterweight.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (kidbazooka1 @ Mar 28 2010, 05:33 AM) *
Guzman looked much better this time around and deserved the win

Sorry he actually deserves to be beaten with a lead pipe. People want to question peoples victories because of unproven allegations well her eis proof this cunt came in a cuntry mile over weight & this is anything but a win. It carries as much weight as me beating a old lady with a zimmer frame. Sure I could do it & look pretty damm good doing so but I would still be a cunt just like this chump is.

Never liked Guzman anyway so he is no loss.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 28 2010, 03:16 AM) *
Sorry he actually deserves to be beaten with a lead pipe. People want to question peoples victories because of unproven allegations well her eis proof this cunt came in a cuntry mile over weight & this is anything but a win. It carries as much weight as me beating a old lady with a zimmer frame. Sure I could do it & look pretty damm good doing so but I would still be a cunt just like this chump is.

Never liked Guzman anyway so he is no loss.

Many parts of this post are funny but this takes the cake. I think I have just learned a new word laugh.gif
Michigan Assassin
I was thinking during the match "why are they making a bigger deal out of Guzman's BS weight?" but I was really happy when Kellerman went off on the whole situation after the fight.

Hopefully that piece of shit Guzman never gets another big fight or slot on HBO.
salvador
QUOTE (Michigan Assassin @ Mar 28 2010, 03:20 AM) *
Hopefully that piece of shit Guzman never gets another big fight or slot on HBO.

I agree completely. What a piece of shit. What was Funeka going to do, not fight? Not take a paycheck? Pass on a huge HBO opportunity after being robbed in their last fight.

But isn't Guzman with Golden Boy?

Would someone at FH please ask Oscar whether or not he would have EVER fought a guy who weighed in 9 pounds overweight at lw? And ask him how come Funeka wasn't given a heads up a week in advance when it was obvious that that piece of shit Guzman was going to come in so overweight.

KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Guzman is a disgrace to boxing, and doesn't deserve anything for this win. In fact, this fight should honestly be a NC. Serioulsy, 9 pounds overweight constitutes to a huge advantage for Guzman. He was obviously a different fighter, and that's just sickening. I hope he never gets on HBO/Showtime/ESPN/any channel on TV. He's a waste of talent and doesn't deserve a pay day based off what he did. He can fight on an independent, shitty, Golen Boy card that all three people will watch. Funeka was still competitive with everything stacked, and he doesn't deserve a loss in this situation. Fuck Joan Guzman.
enigma1969
You know what? Lost in all of this crap by Guzman is the way the 140lbs divison is shaping up! Guzman vs Funkea was not even the match event but its getting the most heat.
D-MARV
Put Guzman in with Pacquiao... Pac would charge Guzman 10 million a pound!
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 28 2010, 10:46 PM) *
Put Guzman in with Pacquiao... Pac would charge Guzman 10 million a pound!

Put him in with Margarito & allow Margs loaded wraps I say.
Snoop
What was most disgraceful was how Guzman was constantly taunting Funeka throughout the whole fight. It's like the guy had no shame at the fact he was fighting TWO weight classes above his opponent.
Thegreatequalizer
9 pounds over lightweight is ridiculous. i give praise to funeka for taking the second fight with a fighter coming in overweight. i'm glad hbo likes him so hopefully he'll continue to get fights. guzman coming in two weight classes over is a tough challenge. yeah, he was a total dick taunting him like he was a bad ass when every boxing fan knew he came in overweight and that's the reason he was able to absorb those punches. it'll be fun to see him get ko'd by a real welter. maybe cotto should fight him.

maidana has quite a punch. i found cayo's style a little annoying but i like the fact that he was willing to fight inside and trade, though that's kind of what got him ko'd. i think with a better trainer he could be a real contender. maidaina is a fun fighter to watch and seems like he doesn't have any problem making exciting fights. looking forward to his next fight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.