Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tradeoff: Manny dropping lawsuit and Floyd dropping drug test
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Snoop
WTF is this bullshit on the front page?

Roach trying to make it seem like dropping a lawsuit and drug test are the same? I'm no legal expert, but I don't think Team Pac has much of a chance in winning that lawsuit, yet have the world to gain in Mayweather dropping the blood test.

And please clear up on what the final stipulations were. Wasn't a 15 day before the fight blood test agreed upon by Mayweather but Pacquiao still refused? Why are they still talking about random drug tests and right before the fight? AND, Pacquiao still using the "I'm afraid of needles excuse?" I don't know how anyone doesn't see this as suspect.
lloyd mayflower
Yep, horseshit, we'll drop a lawsuit levelled against you for accusing us of something you think we're doing wrong, and you can drop your demands for us to disprove said accusation. No Freddie, not sure that cuts the mustard
Keith
This is just trashy shit.

Listen... I can understand if a fighter doesnt want to be hassled with needles and piss tests in the days leading up to a fight. Its a legit concern. A fighter should be trying to stay relaxed and focus on his fight. Floyd agreed to 15 days out on the blood test. Any fighter not willing to make 30-40 million dollars over a needle prick more then 2 weeks before a fight is a shitbag. Roach trying to act like they have the moral high ground disgusts me.

Bitching, moaning, and flat out fighting against trying to have a cleaner sport is a terrible look for Team Manny.

King Eugene
Roach isn't a fool. He's trying to get keep this going thinking Floyd will focus on the drug test/negotiations, over look Shane, come in unfocused, lose, and not have to worry about fighting Floyd. They'd much rather fight Shane anyway because of his style alone.
Spyder
Pacquiao agreed up to 24 days out. If Mayweather insisted 15, then we're only talking about a 9 day gap.
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 27 2010, 06:54 PM) *
Pacquiao agreed up to 24 days out. If Mayweather insisted 15, then we're only talking about a 9 day gap.

I think the problem is that 9 day gap makes a huge difference when it comes to cycling.
Keith
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 27 2010, 02:54 PM) *

What's the difference between 15 and 24 from Manny's perspective?

What's the difference between 15 and 24 from Floyd's perspective?

When you answer those questions, it's clear who has the high ground and who's acting like a bitch/cheater.
D-MARV
Roach is protecting his fighter from being exposed as a "cheater". I'm not mad at Roach for that.
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 27 2010, 04:37 PM) *
Roach is protecting his fighter from being exposed as a "cheater". I'm not mad at Roach for that.

Wait... your saying if Roach knows Manny's cheating and he's trying to protect him... You wouldnt be mad at him?

That means Roach would of been, and will continue to send a juiced up fighter into the ring to bash peoples brains in... and your ok with that?
D-MARV
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 27 2010, 04:42 PM) *
Wait... your saying if Roach knows Manny's cheating and he's trying to protect him... You wouldnt be mad at him?

That means Roach would of been, and will continue to send a juiced up fighter into the ring to bash peoples brains in... and your ok with that?

you're right... fuck him!
Keith
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Mar 27 2010, 05:15 PM) *
you're right... fuck him!

clapping.gif
Rperez
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 27 2010, 09:09 AM) *

Roach trying to make it seem like dropping a lawsuit and drug test are the same? I'm no legal expert, but I don't think Team Pac has much of a chance in winning that lawsuit, yet have the world to gain in Mayweather dropping the blood test.

And please clear up on what the final stipulations were. Wasn't a 15 day before the fight blood test agreed upon by Mayweather but Pacquiao still refused? Why are they still talking about random drug tests and right before the fight? AND, Pacquiao still using the "I'm afraid of needles excuse?" I don't know how anyone doesn't see this as suspect.

have you watched the interview on ESPN http://espn.go.com/boxing/ Roach and Rome, where Roach talks about the lawsuit will indeed be dropped and the drug testing due to Mayweather not being READY?

Thats shit, he knows Mayweather wont drop the drug testing obiously he has SHANE going through this already, PACMAN will never get this fight as he will not come forward and fight while taking blood as HE KNOWS HE WILL BE CAUGHT. THE FIL CASH COW WILL BE EXPOSED AND HIS LEGACY WILL BE TARNISHED.
The CEO
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 27 2010, 01:09 PM) *

lol...I had to post something in the blog section of that article, Captain....here's what I put...

"It's not smart to let your mouthpiece (Roach) talk for you when they're an easy to read/known liar as well..

Face it....Manny Pacquiao transformed into Manny STACKiao...as in STACKIN' PEDs, the deck against his opponents, and big money he doesn't deserve...

I'm ashamed I used to appreciate him."

spiteful.gif
KookedKrack
The Pontoon™ tried to ride off in the sunset but they keep pulling us back with shit like this. The stans can't even defend this guy anymore.
Spyder
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 27 2010, 02:59 PM) *
What's the difference between 15 and 24 from Manny's perspective?

What's the difference between 15 and 24 from Floyd's perspective?

When you answer those questions, it's clear who has the high ground and who's acting like a bitch/cheater.

It's not clear. That's why the subject is so polarized.
Keith
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 27 2010, 06:39 PM) *
It's not clear. That's why the subject is so polarized.

nono.gif It's perfectly clear... Manny has absolutely no good reason not to take the blood test 15 days out...

...unless he has something to hide, is scared to fight, or wants to act like a diva. thumbsdown_anim.gif

Name one logical reason for not accepting 15 days.

But hey, we've covered all this before so there really isnt any reason to get ourselves all fired up over it anymore.

AussieLad
I'm more disappointed that i dont get to see Floyd sued for all he's worth, leaving floyd pushing trolleys full of empty coke cans, and cleaning car windows in the street with a dirty rag
Byrd Man
Until there's a failed test, or more to go on than circumstantial evidence or bullshit accusations based on what WE would do, I still refuse to call it as him cheating.

Too many people have the mentality of "who wouldn't do whatever for that much money" under the impression of US, who don't have a shit ton of money in the bank, who aren't set for the rest of our lives, and who really doesn't NEED that money.

More money is always good, but people are trying to throw accusations on him based on circumstances that aren't applicable. We can't accuse someone who's in another whole level as it pertains to financial security, and being secure with what and who he is, based on how WE would react.

We react to certain hurdles or situations differently because of our place in life at that moment.

Of course none of us would give up that much money over a blood test. Bottom line is, he doesn't need that money.

So how can we hold him up as a cheater, based on how WE would react?

Besides, I've never been comfortable throwing out accusations based on circumstantial or weak evidence. There's been too many instances over the years of people losing their livelihoods and even their LIVES over false accusations and shit based on weak evidence, or hearsay.

But that's just my thoughts.

And I'm not a Pac fan at all, so it's not like this is my favorite fighter I'm defending. It could be he's on something. I just don't see the evidence that he is, besides some "prove to us you're NOT doping" mentality.
Spyder
QUOTE (Keith @ Mar 27 2010, 07:14 PM) *
nono.gif It's perfectly clear... Manny has absolutely no good reason not to take the blood test 15 days out...

...unless he has something to hide, is scared to fight, or wants to act like a diva. thumbsdown_anim.gif

Name one logical reason for not accepting 15 days.

But hey, we've covered all this before so there really isnt any reason to get ourselves all fired up over it anymore.

That's the absolute PEAK of training camp. You don't see a logical reason why someone wouldn't want to feel physically drained when he's supposed to feel like a beast?
Keith
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 27 2010, 07:31 PM) *
That's the absolute PEAK of training camp. You don't see a logical reason why someone wouldn't want to feel physically drained when he's supposed to feel like a beast?

Dude...it's a tablespoon of blood. The human body recoups that in less then an hour or two. We're talking about 15 days.
Snoop
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 28 2010, 12:26 AM) *
Until there's a failed test, or more to go on than circumstantial evidence or bullshit accusations based on what WE would do, I still refuse to call it as him cheating.

How are we supposed to see a failed test when he won't take the test in the first place? THAT'S the problem.
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 27 2010, 05:21 PM) *
How are we supposed to see a failed test when he won't take the test in the first place? THAT'S the problem.

I understand, but the point is that he has never failed a test and has never done anything that would suggest that he's taking anything. At least nothing concrete that I've seen. It's all conjecture and "well, he did this and looks like that, so he must be on something" type accusations.

As I've said before, this country we've gotten to the point where you have to PROVE your innocence, instead of others having to prove your guilt.

If someone wants to accuse him of taking something, then let them come up with the evidence. It's not Manny's responsibility to do their work for them. If Floyd and his father HONESTLY think he's on something, then come with the hard evidence to back it up not some bullshit about "he started out at this weight" and all this other bullshit.

Snoop
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 28 2010, 01:29 AM) *
I understand, but the point is that he has never failed a test and has never done anything that would suggest that he's taking anything. At least nothing concrete that I've seen. It's all conjecture and "well, he did this and looks like that, so he must be on something" type accusations.

As I've said before, this country we've gotten to the point where you have to PROVE your innocence, instead of others having to prove your guilt.

If someone wants to accuse him of taking something, then let them come up with the evidence. It's not Manny's responsibility to do their work for them. If Floyd and his father HONESTLY think he's on something, then come with the hard evidence to back it up not some bullshit about "he started out at this weight" and all this other bullshit.

Manny hasn't failed any of the current testing standards which have been proven to be flawed in the numerous amount of steroid cases in the past. Despite all these instances of cheating, nothing has changed. I'm not saying definitively that Manny is on something, but it isn't exactly difficult to get away with it these days.

For me, it's not so much Manny's rise in performance, his physique, or even his inflated dome, it's the illogical excuses and story changes his team have repeatedly made. If he just would have stuck to one story and one excuse that actually made sense, it wouldn't be a problem, but he hasn't.
Byrd Man
I agree with the changed stories thing. I still wonder whether or not Manny's putting this shit out or if it's Roach/Arum coming up with excuse after excuse. I mean we'd like to think that Manny knows what these guys are saying, but for some reason I don't have a hard time imagining him having no clue that they're saying this. lol

Snoop
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Mar 28 2010, 01:58 AM) *
I agree with the changed stories thing. I still wonder whether or not Manny's putting this shit out or if it's Roach/Arum coming up with excuse after excuse. I mean we'd like to think that Manny knows what these guys are saying, but for some reason I don't have a hard time imagining him having no clue that they're saying this. lol

LOL. I wouldn't disagree with you there. Even if he was taking steroids, I bet he doesn't know he's doing it, but rather just following his nutritionist's orders.
Provo209
Fuck Manny Pacroids,Roach Knows his boy will get his ass kicked and keeps talking shit and making excuses just so this fight won't happen and his boy don't get caught cheating.

Dan Rafeal of ESPN reported that the drug testing was in the orignal contract offer and NOT last minute like team Pacquiao claims..

They tried Changing the date May to March then the gloves and weight and a 10 million dollar penalty then the drug issue ??? This boy is scared ! Floyd IMO wants this fight ,he could have walked away when the 10 mill penalty came up ..10 million......who asks for something like that ??

And Byrd Man ,,, Pac quilty bro LOL..HBO knows it that's why they show split screens of Pacs weight in 2 years LOL...if Pacs not quilty then Barry Bonds aint either..LOL
ROLL DEEP
All I know is that if the whole world were looking at me and were suspicious of ME cheating, then I'd take the test to shut everyone up.

I wouldn't want that lurking on my conscience knowing that people are whispering and talking behind my back calling me a drug cheat or whatever.

So why not just take the fucking test?

Scared of needles? How big is his phobia of them? Shit, I HATE, HATE, HATE needles, but I give blood. It makes me feel sick and I dislike every second of it, but I do it for FREE to help someone out. Do it for $20 million or whatever that fight would make?!

Personally, I have no idea why Pac won't take the test if he's innocent. It doesn't make sense to me dntknw.gif
Provo209
I just read the article again,Freddi is so full of shit saying we didn't want 2 give in to his demands that's like giving 2 rounds away...LOL...Freddie didn't Floyd accept your guys 8oz demands instead of WW regulations 10oz gloves and didn't Floyd accept Pac 10 million dollar penalty demand?????? If im not mistaken that's a commision rule ....is it?????? So one needs to ask him that .I bet that fuker gets stuck..LOL,

"uhhhhh well u kno uhhh" LOL......FuK team Pac !
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (Provo209 @ Mar 29 2010, 01:37 PM) *
I just read the article again,Freddi is so full of shit saying we didn't want 2 give in to his demands that's like giving 2 rounds away...LOL...Freddie didn't Floyd accept your guys 8oz demands instead of WW regulations 10oz gloves and didn't Floyd accept Pac 10 million dollar penalty demand?????? If im not mistaken that's a commision rule ....is it?????? So one needs to ask him that .I bet that fuker gets stuck..LOL,

"uhhhhh well u kno uhhh" LOL......FuK team Pac !

freddie just wants to keep duping the pac fans into believing their b.s... he is full of it...
Spyder
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Mar 29 2010, 08:37 AM) *
All I know is that if the whole world were looking at me and were suspicious of ME cheating, then I'd take the test to shut everyone up.

I wouldn't want that lurking on my conscience knowing that people are whispering and talking behind my back calling me a drug cheat or whatever.

So why not just take the fucking test?

Scared of needles? How big is his phobia of them? Shit, I HATE, HATE, HATE needles, but I give blood. It makes me feel sick and I dislike every second of it, but I do it for FREE to help someone out. Do it for $20 million or whatever that fight would make?!

Personally, I have no idea why Pac won't take the test if he's innocent. It doesn't make sense to me dntknw.gif

He doesn't want to give in to Floyd. I get it. I wouldn't give in to Floyd either, but I would probably spin it back to him.

"LMAO...Look at the pretty boy!...Scared that Filipino muscle is gonna smash his pretty face!...haha"

I'd go on, and on talking down to him and making him feel embarrassed for being worried enough to accuse me of using steroids. I would probably try to make a wager out of it too.

"Ok Floyd, I'll take the test if you're so scared of me...but if I pass, then you have to publicly apologize for being such a scared little pussy...or pay me $10 million...of course, if I fail, then I'll do the same for you."

But that's me. I'm not the most respectful person when I get to talking shit. Manny is different. He keeps it classy, and just refuses to give in. Either way, both guys are going to find a middle ground and get the fight done. There's just too much money involved for it not to...
Snoop
QUOTE (Spyder @ Mar 30 2010, 01:33 AM) *
"Ok Floyd, I'll take the test if you're so scared of me...but if I pass, then you have to publicly apologize for being such a scared little pussy...or pay me $10 million...of course, if I fail, then I'll do the same for you."

Perfect way to make an already complicated situation even more complicated. laugh.gif
torvix2000
Is Team Pac really dropping the lawsuit or not?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.