Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mr Clean Joe Calzaghe likes his coke...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Maxy
Article plus video

Yep, Joe seems to be enjoying his retirement....

laugh.gif
Box in Hand
QUOTE (Maxy @ Mar 27 2010, 05:51 PM) *
Article plus video

Yep, Joe seems to be enjoying his retirement....

laugh.gif

It's sad but a lot of fighters go to shit after their careers. Sweet Pea and Hamed come to mind. Years of focus and discipline and when the show is over they are surrounded by the wrong people and make bad choices.
KookedKrack
Time will not do Calslappy justice his resume is being exposed as the days pass by and now he'll be known as the slapboxing cokehead smile_anim.gif
JD
Big star back home who is part of the scene...and he likes coke? Shocker...
enigma1969
QUOTE (JD @ Mar 28 2010, 01:48 AM) *
Big star back home who is part of the scene...and he likes coke? Shocker...

Co-sign.
STEVENSKI
I actually respect him more now than at any time in his career. That said he is still a Taffy faggot.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I laughed when he complained that you can't get good coke in Wales. Funny that, you can't get good boxers there either laugh.gif

And then Gonzo saying that he wouldn't want Amir Khan in his stable. Really? You prefer training Enzo Macaroni instead? Ha ha, like Steve said a Taffy faggot, just like his son. I bet they go out cruising together.
Method
Man, you got to read the "comments section" of the article. A lot of people from his village chiming n about what a deuche bag Joe really is. Hahahaahaha.
lloyd mayflower
I'm not going to advocate taking drugs or condemn it, but heres a man, like most other pro sportsmen who dedicated his life from an early age, to the age of 37 to training and fighting, probably whilst all his mates were out on the town gettin fucked up and chasing women. Who can blame him for sampling what he missed out on? And also, as for "Trashing Hatton" was anything he said about him, or Khan and Naz for that matter, out of line? I dont think so.

Im not saying this to defend Joe, but the Sun/News of the World is a scummy fucking rag who do this shit all the time. They will happily fund the bullshit pseudo celebrites in this country paying them for there sick tacky wedding shots etc but they go after anyone who has ever acheived anything, and use there position in the British media to act as Rupert Murdochs (an australian) mouthpiece to influence British politics.
oozemcbuck
He'll be back fighting by 2011, talking about he got that "itch". Yea, that itch in your nose. Broke and outta money by 2011.
Maxy
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Mar 28 2010, 09:49 AM) *
I'm not going to advocate taking drugs or condemn it, but heres a man, like most other pro sportsmen who dedicated his life from an early age, to the age of 37 to training and fighting, probably whilst all his mates were out on the town gettin fucked up and chasing women. Who can blame him for sampling what he missed out on? And also, as for "Trashing Hatton" was anything he said about him, or Khan and Naz for that matter, out of line? I dont think so.

Im not saying this to defend Joe, but the Sun/News of the World is a scummy fucking rag who do this shit all the time. They will happily fund the bullshit pseudo celebrites in this country paying them for there sick tacky wedding shots etc but they go after anyone who has ever acheived anything, and use there position in the British media to act as Rupert Murdochs (an australian) mouthpiece to influence British politics.

Spot on.
Method
QUOTE (oozemcbuck @ Mar 28 2010, 12:04 PM) *
He'll be back fighting by 2011, talking about he got that "itch". Yea, that itch in your nose. Broke and outta money by 2011.

Hahahaha. Yup. And Im not hating on the man for getting his white bag on, but he acts like such a smug prick sometimes, and he got kind of a gift vs, Hopkins, and wanted absolutely no part of a rematch.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 28 2010, 09:09 PM) *
Hahahaha. Yup. And Im not hating on the man for getting his white bag on, but he acts like such a smug prick sometimes, and he got kind of a gift vs, Hopkins, and wanted absolutely no part of a rematch.

What you mean clearly but closely beating Hopkins?

I am no Calzaghe fan but he has done his time & if he wants to do whatever he wants in retirement then good for him. Part of the problem is that the public is so starved of genuine heroes they want to hold up entertainers & athletes as role models. They are not role models they are paid to entertain not set a example.

As for his whinging about how much footballers are paid compared to him look at how much revenue you generate vs how much revenue they generate. They get paid according to how much interest & $$ they can generate as do you mr sub 300K PPV buys.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Mar 28 2010, 07:23 PM) *
What you mean clearly but closely beating Hopkins?

I am no Calzaghe fan but he has done his time & if he wants to do whatever he wants in retirement then good for him. Part of the problem is that the public is so starved of genuine heroes they want to hold up entertainers & athletes as role models. They are not role models they are paid to entertain not set a example.

As for his whinging about how much footballers are paid compared to him look at how much revenue you generate vs how much revenue they generate. They get paid according to how much interest & $$ they can generate as do you mr sub 300K PPV buys.

He did draw huge crowds in the U.K though.
MarzB
This is funny because a lot of boxers get hated because their perceived personalities and one of the so called "nice guys" in Calzaghe is like this,lol. I generally agree with Lloyd's post though but I don't really care about these guys personal lives generally speaking.

I'm not surprised and while I'm NOT a Calzaghe fan, it's a shame he got caught up(at 38 for crying out loud) in things that most 20 somethings are involved in. You're telling me the only THRILLS in life when you have loads of money is going out ALL the time and doing lines?? That seems to be the life he's living.

Thanks for the background on that rag tabloid also.

Ray Leonard did the same thing also and he's treated like a god so I'm sure Calzaghe will be forgiven on his side of the pond.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (MarzB @ Mar 29 2010, 08:05 AM) *
This is funny because a lot of boxers get hated because their perceived personalities and one of the so called "nice guys" in Calzaghe is like this,lol. .

Calzaghe perceived as a nice guy? laugh.gif

The dude is perceived as an up-his-own-arse, shit talking idiot. He's not known as a down to earth, respectful, humble type of guy.

Everyone knows he's got a mouth on him and can't wait to let everyone know he's the best fighter to come out of the UK...pfffft.

MarzB
Look, I'm not in the UK so I don't know exactly what his perception is and thats not my thing anyways. When I see guys damn near being knighted and/or presented with medals from the Queen, I hardly doubt they do that to guys with "bad reputations". Anyways, it doesn't null what I said.
Method
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Mar 29 2010, 08:28 AM) *
Calzaghe perceived as a nice guy? laugh.gif

The dude is perceived as an up-his-own-arse, shit talking idiot. He's not known as a down to earth, respectful, humble type of guy.

Everyone knows he's got a mouth on him and can't wait to let everyone know he's the best fighter to come out of the UK...pfffft.

Yup, judging by the "comments" section of the article.

You're telling me the only THRILLS in life when you have loads of money is going out ALL the time and doing lines?? That seems to be the life he's living.

I hear you there. Seems completely ridiculous that's the best you can do. Cocaine is a dirty ass drug/habit.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 28 2010, 04:23 AM) *
I laughed when he complained that you can't get good coke in Wales. Funny that, you can't get good boxers there either laugh.gif

And then Gonzo saying that he wouldn't want Amir Khan in his stable. Really? You prefer training Enzo Macaroni instead? Ha ha, like Steve said a Taffy faggot, just like his son. I bet they go out cruising together.

shok.gif shok.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

People tend to act like assholes on that nose candy so this actually explains a lot.
King Eugene
I personally think its funny. Who gives a shit what he's doing now that his career is over with and with his personal life. I just hope he doesn't pull a Heath Ledger.

Quick question...who would rather get in a street fight with? I prime Roy Jones or Joe Calzaghe? Me personally I'd pick Roy because there is a slight chance I could get to that chin but man if I dont... laugh.gif

Calzaghe is one of those dudes you just dont want to fight. He has no damn quit in him. You probably have to kill him to get him to stop. laugh.gif Relentless white boys(nothing racist intended) are the worse ones to fight if you have no stamina. They'll beat you off workrate alone laugh.gif
ROLL DEEP
I too don't really care what he does now his careers over.

I don't mean that in a horrible way, but I genuinely would rather learn about something else than what Calzaghe does with his spare time.

With regards to a street fight, I'd fight Jones rather than Calzaghe and his pikey Welsh mates every time, haha.
Mean Mister Mustard
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 30 2010, 03:35 AM) *
I personally think its funny. Who gives a shit what he's doing now that his career is over with and with his personal life. I just hope he doesn't pull a Heath Ledger.

Quick question...who would rather get in a street fight with? I prime Roy Jones or Joe Calzaghe? Me personally I'd pick Roy because there is a slight chance I could get to that chin but man if I dont... laugh.gif

Calzaghe is one of those dudes you just dont want to fight. He has no damn quit in him. You probably have to kill him to get him to stop. laugh.gif Relentless white boys(nothing racist intended) are the worse ones to fight if you have no stamina. They'll beat you off workrate alone laugh.gif

Plus if he's high as a hippie he won't feel the pain.

ROLL DEEP Posted Today, 10:31 AM
I too don't really care what he does now his careers over.
I don't mean that in a horrible way, but I genuinely would rather learn about something else than what Calzaghe does with his spare time.
With regards to a street fight, I'd fight Jones rather than Calzaghe and his pikey Welsh mates every time, haha.

LOL
WindyCityP
Nothing wrong with a little toot.
KENSOFINE
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Mar 28 2010, 04:23 AM) *

Funniest post EVER!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.