Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxing - The Greatest Sport Ever!
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
enigma1969
I came across the video on YouTube and just wanted to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKfSlU2uGRA

Plus this leads me ask what were some of the greatest moments in boxing to you?

Corrales comeback against Castillo in their first fight.

Evander Holyfield defeating Tyson.

Hopkins derailing Trinidad in the finals of the Middleweight Tournament.

Sugar Shane Mosley proving that he was far from done in stopping Tough Tony.

Hagler vs Hearns!

I could go on but I would to hear from others ...

The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (enigma1969 @ Mar 28 2010, 03:02 AM) *

Plus this leads me ask what were some of the greatest moments in boxing to you?

Corrales comeback against Castillo in their first fight.

Evander Holyfield defeating Tyson.

Hopkins derailing Trinidad in the finals of the Middleweight Tournament.

Sugar Shane Mosley proving that he was far from done in stopping Tough Tony.

Hagler vs Hearns!

I could go on but I would to hear from others ...

Tyson beating Spinks in 91 seconds.

Been beating McClellan. I know I know, a terrible outcome to that fight, but the way Benn took the beating of a lifetime and came back to win was simply astonishing.

Toney beating Holyfield. Again yes an old Evander but as a bigtime Toney fan seeing him handle holyfield like no-one else before (or since) was really remarkable.

Corrales/Castillo for obvious reasons.

So many more but those are the ones that jump out at me first. I base my criteria on seeing fights live on TV, I've seen some crazy fights on YouTube but the excitement isn't quite as great already knowing the result.
Method
I've seen that video in the past. Thx for bringing it back.

One of my greatest moments of all time was the middleweight tourney - being from Philly (a bridesmaid's sports town) and having your guy do what only you and a select few others knew he would do was gratifying. To watch a guy talk the talk and walk the walk...just bad ass.

Surprisingly, another great moment, where I actually got up and screamed, was Rahman KO'ing Lennox Lewis. I hated Lewis, thought for his size he fought like a big pussy (not as big a puss as Wlad though). To see him KO'd was euphoric.

Love Hagler so that KO was badass, but I didn't see it live so it cant really count for me.

Saw Chavez/Taylor live and that one hurt.
D-MARV
One of my greatest moments in my young life was watching Hopkins stare down the media after he schooled Pavlik...

Rahman KOing Lewis sent chills up my spine as well. Watching Tarver KO Roy Jones was horrible.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 28 2010, 08:31 AM) *
Surprisingly, another great moment, where I actually got up and screamed, was Rahman KO'ing Lennox Lewis. I hated Lewis, thought for his size he fought like a big pussy (not as big a puss as Wlad though). To see him KO'd was euphoric.

I'm a Lewis fan so that sucker BIG TIME for me.

Much prefer the 2nd fight laugh.gif
enigma1969
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 28 2010, 01:31 PM) *
I've seen that video in the past. Thx for bringing it back.

One of my greatest moments of all time was the middleweight tourney - being from Philly (a bridesmaid's sports town) and having your guy do what only you and a select few others knew he would do was gratifying. To watch a guy talk the talk and walk the walk...just bad ass.

Love Hagler so that KO was badass, but I didn't see it live so it cant really count for me.

Saw Chavez/Taylor live and that one hurt.

Yeah Chavez vs Taylor was amazing. The best fight of that decade.
kidbazooka1
NO doubt boxing is the greatest sport in the world.

Duran/Leonard I
Hagler/Hearns
Chavez/Taylor
Duran/barkley
Duran/Moore
Morales/Barrera I,II,II
Morales/Pacqiuao I,II
Gatti/Ward

All f*cking wars no other sport compares.
Byrd Man
Chris Byrd becoming two time Heavyweight champ!

lol....

Seriously though, some of my favorite fights:

Taylor v. Chavez I (a fucking travesty of justice)
Gatti-Ward Trilogy
Snoop
QUOTE (enigma1969 @ Mar 28 2010, 08:02 AM) *

Only a handful of recent fights and you can already see boxing is the greatest. Imagine if they had went extensively into the history of the sport.
ROLL DEEP
Isn't anyone here a computer wizard who can do an updated version?
Method
Jesus CHRIST how did I overlook Gatti/Ward I.

That fight, even more so, ROUND 9, was the greatest round of any fight i have EVER witnessed.

I felt like Adrian Balboa, LITERALLY stood up in the middle of the round, after Gatti took ALL of that punishment, and screamed, "Stop the fight".

Im glad they didn't, because Gatti turned it around and went on the offensive for most of the remainder of that particular round.

That was a fight that should have been declared a draw. NOBODY deserved to be declared the "loser" of that fight.
Snoop
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 29 2010, 09:16 PM) *
Jesus CHRIST how did I overlook Gatti/Ward I.

That fight, even more so, ROUND 9, was the greatest round of any fight i have EVER witnessed.

I felt like Adrian Balboa, LITERALLY stood up in the middle of the round, after Gatti took ALL of that punishment, and screamed, "Stop the fight".

Im glad they didn't, because Gatti turned it around and went on the offensive for most of the remainder of that particular round.

That was a fight that should have been declared a draw. NOBODY deserved to be declared the "loser" of that fight.

You got to see that fight live? Lucky bastard...
King Eugene
One thing I absolutely love about Benard, Roy, Sweat Pea, Manny and other slick boxers is when they are throwing combination's and the opponent covers up, they pivot to get another angle and soon as their opponent let their guard down they unleash another combo. Man I love it...prime example is at 2:00 in that video. Damn I love boxing!
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 29 2010, 08:03 PM) *
One thing I absolutely love about Benard, Roy, Sweat Pea, Manny and other slick boxers is when they are throwing combination's and the opponent covers up, they pivot to get another angle and soon as their opponent let their guard down they unleash another combo. Man I love it...prime example is at 2:00 in that video. Damn I love boxing!

Yeah, I like that too. Sick.

I like in that video when Jones drops Calzaghe (with his forearm, haha) and as Calzaghe's dropping, Roy's getting ready to grab and spin off to attack or retreat from a different angle.
Method
You got to see that fight live? Lucky bastard...

Yeah, Live from my living room.
D-MARV
The body punch Hopkins landed at 2:12 was the sickest punch in the whole video.
Snoop
QUOTE (Method @ Mar 30 2010, 12:36 PM) *
Yeah, Live from my living room.

LOL
Provo209
All the Rocky movies LOL that shit gets me pumped LOL and ready !

My best moments were all the Chavez fights all my Fam would get 2gether and party.that was tight..

And to whoever said about Lennox getting knocked out ,shit im jumped up out of my seat LOL I was screaming LOL....I hated that fuker ,but Now I love him LOL....

Man lots of great memories ,I just love the sport don't matter who it is I sit at the edge of the couch and just get focused into the fight.i been in it since I was small and just love it...

Greatest performance IMO was When Floyd fought gatti ,that was a masterpiece in my mind...

Nothing better then "THE SWEET SCIENCE"
Big Slim Sweet
Snoop, I saw Ward-Gatti 1 live at the Mohegan Sun. Pretty fucking special.

Holyfield-Tyson 1
I had been telling people for 8 years that Holyfield would whip Tyson's ass. I would say it even when I didn't believe it anymore. Some of you might remember, a lot of folks back then weren't even trying to HEAR speculation about Tyson not killing everyone. I literally had guys damn near ready to scrap when I would tell em. I remember when that fight was over, I was falling down drunk, slapping hi-fives with every dude at the bar where I watched it, and thinking to myself about all the folks I was gonna call over the next week to say I TOLD YOU SO MOTHERFUCKER

Corrales-Castillo 1
Just amazing. Fuck did I love Chico. I was truly humbled watching that fight. One of those times where it just feels great to be a boxing fan, simple as that.

Hagler-Hearns
Watched this fight as a kid with my father on closed circuit at the old Chicago Stadium, and it changed my life forever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.