Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: iPad
FightHype Community > OTHER HYPE > General Discussion
King Eugene
I've read a few reviews about it but want to get some of you computer gurus opinion about it.
lloyd mayflower
I'm not an expert, but from what iv heard about it, is it not just a big Ipod touch??
Snoop
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Mar 30 2010, 11:45 AM) *
I'm not an expert, but from what iv heard about it, is it not just a big Ipod touch??

I've heard the same. If you really are interested in getting it though King, wait for a few versions to come out and let them figure out the kinks first.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 30 2010, 08:33 AM) *
I've heard the same. If you really are interested in getting it though King, wait for a few versions to come out and let them figure out the kinks first.

Nah I wasn't going to get one. Just curious about it. My next purchase is going to be a macbook. Right now I'm using two lap tops, one for my work programs which is basically the whole Adobe Creative Suite 4 and the other is just my shoot the shit lap top. I bought an external hard drive to save some memory but would much rather just travel with one laptop.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Mar 30 2010, 08:45 AM) *
Nah I wasn't going to get one. Just curious about it. My next purchase is going to be a macbook. Right now I'm using two lap tops, one for my work programs which is basically the whole Adobe Creative Suite 4 and the other is just my shoot the shit lap top. I bought an external hard drive to save some memory but would much rather just travel with one laptop.

I've got a Macbook Pro - and it's bad ass.

Well, i use it for the media stuff really, but the whole 'feel' is just better than a PC.
King Eugene
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Mar 30 2010, 10:07 AM) *

Well, i use it for the media stuff really, but the whole 'feel' is just better than a PC.

Yea I've messed around with one before and it has absolutely everything I need. At work I use Macs and PC's but I use the PC more just cause its more of a central station for us. I get on the Macs every now and then but still know just about everything there is to know as far as short cuts and what not. I got so much shit going on at the moment that I cant just out right buy it right now. I'm a save my pennies for a bit and probably get one by mid summer.
ROLL DEEP
Do it! Do it!

I haven't looked at mine properly yet. Keep meaning to set aside a day and run through everything.
Snoop
QUOTE (ROLL DEEP @ Mar 30 2010, 02:07 PM) *

I got a 15-inch Macbook Pro myself. Damn thing is almost a part of me now.
ROLL DEEP
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 30 2010, 01:16 PM) *
I got a 15-inch Macbook Pro myself. Damn thing is almost a part of me now.

I know the feeling laugh.gif
lloyd mayflower
I like to call it my macDOWN pro, but I too measure it in inches
Fitz
I find it pointless. Haven't done much research with it, but seems like a very limited computer and a jumbo size novelty of the ipod touch or something. I think it's more just for the novelty.
Snoop
QUOTE (lloyd mayflower @ Mar 30 2010, 08:41 PM) *
I like to call it my macDOWN pro, but I too measure it in inches

I thought you used the metric system on that side of the pond. laugh.gif
Byrd Man
http://cnettv.cnet.com/reasons-get-apple-i...3-50085472.html

Great video on 5 reasons not to get an iPad.

1. No camera
2. No multitasking (can't listen to music on it while doing a spreadsheet, etc)
3. No replaceable battery
4. You're stuck with Itunes/Apple store to get your media. You're locked in (or should I say OUT) from using any other media.
5. Considering all of the previous four, why drop 400 bucks or more on one of these?

Fuck that shit.
lloyd mayflower
QUOTE (Snoop @ Mar 30 2010, 10:31 PM) *
I thought you used the metric system on that side of the pond. laugh.gif

We do mostly, but for some reason some thing are still measured in good old feet and inches. And more importantly, pints!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.