Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hopkins Ethers Floyd Jr
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Method
Great overall interview can be found here...

All Hip-Hop.com Interview with Bernard Hopkins

AllHipHop.com: Whatís the problem with you and Floyd Mayweather? He never has anything positive to say about you. Was there something that happened in the past between you two or is it just a personality clash?

Hopkins: Well Floyd had personal stuff to say about Rick Ross, too. He knows me, and he would never say anything to my face. Floyd ainít no gangster like he thinks he is. Iím not a part of the Hip-hop world when it comes to a rapper. Iím a part of Hip-Hop when it comes to the streets. You can pull up my record. But I donít back the ignorant days of my past and having to spend years in a 5 by 5 cell. I know how these dudes would really be if they werenít surrounded by gold watches, diamonds, and all that. It means nothing to me, and I donít have to play the buffoon like the system wants.

If he wants to waste money in clubs, blow $40 million dollars and not pay his taxes, thatís on him. We have to think and be different. Warren Buffet and Bill Gates, you havenít seen those guyís houses. You havenít seen Bill Gates with a million dollars sitting in stacks like some drug dealer. I donít have a self-esteem problem, Floyd does. Iím 45; heís like a young boy to me. I was schooled by old heads. So when I became an old head to the 20ís and early 30ís guys, when I speak they listen. Same why the rappers do with Jay-Z, I have that in the boxing world.

It ainít about how much money you got, but how much you can count 20, 30 years from now. Mike Tyson had $300 million dollars, and he got tricked out of it. Letís see whoís balliní 15-20 years from now, when you need the money and canít jump in the ring and make that money back. Because if the rumors are true, Floyd needs money now [laughs]. Itís not how much you got, but how much you keep. I would never flash my money.

Youíll never catch me on MTV Cribs. Oh Iím sitting on 17,000 square feet, I got 6 acres. But I ainít got to call the newspapers and tell them come to my house, and next thing you know someone runs up in there damn near trying to take the Kool Aid out my refrigeratorÖeven though I donít drink Kool Aid, heh. Thatís the difference between me and Floyd and where the arrogance comes from.

When Floyd saw me at the Fontainebleau in Miami , because I got a condo down there, the first thing he said to me ďyo man you got to see my house!Ē Now Iím looking at this dude at like 2 in the morning, this young boy, saying first of all what do I care? Tell me about you r family, your daughter, your pops, but he wants to tell me I got to see his house like Iím a b***h! I ainít one of your bitches, man. What are you talking about?! And lo and behold, I watch the 24/7 from the last fight, you seen it and I seen it, him sitting up there with Puffy showing it off. Iím not into that.

Nobody has seen Jay-Z house, have they? Think about it. Look at the ignorance. Take this as a lesson dog, this is straight knowledge. Iím sitting pretty good. You never see anyone up in my house in Delaware unless they got helicopters. I take them to the condos in Philly and Miami, and they desperately been trying to get to the main house for the last 10 years. They know itís nice, HBO is like ďpeople got to see it Bernard, see your business savvy, etc.Ē I say nah, [because] then they wonít want to give me any more checks! I know human nature. Noooo, the less they see the better Iím off.

Thatís a street thing, if I was drug dealer why would I go out and buy a brand new car and draw attention on my block? No, I want them to think Iím doing bad. You take the streets and take into corporate America, and thatís why you have rappers that donít have to sell coke no more. Corporate America is the new drug game. If you still out there trying to hustle on the block youíre a fool.
Keith
Hopkins is a wizard.

Byrd Man
This made me like Bernard just a little bit. lol
D-MARV
I wouldn't really call it ether but Bernard spoke the truth man... I always respect Bernard's business approach.

But Bernard shouldn't worry about Floyd... James Toney has been spitting some real ether... Calling Hops a cry baby and shit. LOL
KookedKrack
I think part of the reason Floyd acts the way he does is due to insecurity that being said Bhop is dropping nothing but knowledge in that interview good find Meth.
Spyder
That's some Sun Tzu shit...

"When you're weak, make them think that you're strong...and when you're strong, make them think that you are weak."

The man is definitely a thinking boxer.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Apr 2 2010, 12:29 AM) *
But Bernard shouldn't worry about Floyd... James Toney has been spitting some real ether... Calling Hops a cry baby and shit. LOL

Well Toney is telling the truth for once in his life. Hopkins is a cry baby & a whinger. That said what Nard said above is gospel. I hope to see FLoyd broke as fuck one day & unlike Tyson there will be no one who will be prepared to help the cunt out when the cash runs out.
Provo209
BHOP has street Knowledge I feel what he's saying he's a Vet he's older and has some sense plus he's never had money like Floyd.,But shit man when people are making 20 mill for a fight and making Floyd money ,they can act the way they want...Money does Change people .I mean shit if was ballin like that I don't even know what I would do LOL..but I see what BHOP means ..and BHOP aint got that kind of Money.
enigma1969
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 2 2010, 12:29 AM) *
Great overall interview can be found here...

All Hip-Hop.com Interview with Bernard Hopkins

A Legend In The Game!
Snoop
Good read. More boxers need to adopt a Hopkins-like mentality.
JLUVBABY
QUOTE (StyleZ @ Apr 1 2010, 07:29 PM) *
I wouldn't really call it ether but Bernard spoke the truth man... I always respect Bernard's business approach.

james toney is a fight hopkins should be trying to make should he win this... lets face it hopkins isnt beating the dawsons or the hayes of the world but him and toney would be a very interesting scrap i think... SHOULD HE WIN...
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (Snoop @ Apr 2 2010, 03:18 AM) *
Good read. More boxers need to adopt a Hopkins-like mentality.

How so blaming every man & their dog for his losses rather than his inactivity & unwillingness to push the action in the ring?
MarzB
I don't disagree one bit but I frankly could give a schit about that aspect of Floyd or anyone. I guarantee this though. Should he lose his fight with Jones that 99% of folks have him INKED in to win I guarantee he not only won't be as vocal but we'll hardly see him during the buildup of the Mosley fight.

I love Hopkins but he's an instigating asshole at times. Let that "fool" part from his money, he'll learn. You worry about yourself.
pcraw
I'm not fooled. I know too much about dude. Don't think Hopkins is giving back to the needy in North Philly. Floyd flaunts it, but he is generous with it albeit if only for the holidays.
Snoop
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 2 2010, 03:38 AM) *
How so blaming every man & their dog for his losses rather than his inactivity & unwillingness to push the action in the ring?

LOL. You know what I mean.
thisneverworks
QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 1 2010, 11:35 PM) *
I'm not fooled. I know too much about dude. Don't think Hopkins is giving back to the needy in North Philly. Floyd flaunts it, but he is generous with it albeit if only for the holidays.

Give to the needy? How about just to trainers?

Ask Bouie Fisher how he feels about the way Hopkins manages his money and handles his business.
salvador
All that sounded righteous about it's not what you've got but what you keep - until he got to the part where he talked about his 17,000 sq ft house on 6 acres and his 2 condos.

King Eugene
Knowledge? Its fucken common sense. Anybody with money has seen the rise and fall of the likes of Tyson, Hammer, and etc... If you haven't learned from their mistakes you deserve to lose it all.
kidbazooka1
Good sh*T by Hopkins.

And as much as we all hate DLH that mutherf*cker has got to be one of the most successful boxers outside of the ring EVER.
tymoney
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 2 2010, 10:05 AM) *
Knowledge? Its fucken common sense. Anybody with money has seen the rise and fall of the likes of Tyson, Hammer, and etc... If you haven't learned from their mistakes you deserve to lose it all.

Nuff said!
Snoop
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 2 2010, 04:05 PM) *

Thing is, a lot of people don't know how those downfalls start happening, let alone realize it's happening to them when it does.
JonnyBlaze
B-Hop is the man and I've got EVEN MORE respect for him now..How's that possible??hahaha..The guy keeps surprising us..

He is dead on about Floyd..To want to talk about his house off the bat instead of his fam or other things is just straight up retarded..Floyd still is a little boy and B-Hop is a man..
SmartyBeardo
Hopkins needs to retire. The fact that he felt the need to engage in this pitiful dancing exhibition puts the exclamation point on it.

He talks about how he doesn't need to flaunt his success at the same time he is flaunting it. He talks about his benevolent dispensing of prodigious wisdom while he tells us he holds his cards close.

If he was half as wise and wealthy as he is all too happy to suggest that he is hiding from us, he would never have involved himself in this pathetic exercise that does not warrant being called an event.

Nobody wants to watch two elderly gentlemen slow-dance and french kiss in public. Get a room!

And, for omnipotent being's sake, don't tell us what you are telling us you are not telling us.
PR316
Floyd is an insecure dude, there's no doubt about it.

The fact that he has put on this facade and act to portray this role of gangster that he does tells us all we need to know.

I'm not a Mayweather hater. I admire him as a fighter and since I don't personally know the guy, I can't judge him. But he comes off very insecure and of having a low self esteem because of his need to constantly flaunt and draw attention and controversy to himself.

Hopkins was dead on. Not what I would say "ethering" Floyd but telling it like it is.
KookedKrack
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 2 2010, 11:05 AM) *

Not everyone is old enough to know about the fall of tyson, hammer etc. and common sense isn't something a lot of people have so it can be considered knowledge to a lot of people.
King Eugene
Clearly everybody was raised different cause thats something you learn at a young age.
thehype
QUOTE (JonnyBlaze @ Apr 2 2010, 04:40 PM) *
B-Hop is the man and I've got EVEN MORE respect for him now..How's that possible??hahaha..The guy keeps surprising us..

He is dead on about Floyd..To want to talk about his house off the bat instead of his fam or other things is just straight up retarded..Floyd still is a little boy and B-Hop is a man..

LMAO

Man, you guys crack me up with the bullshit you buy in to.

What did Bernard say in that interview...

"I know how these dudes would really be if they weren't surrounded by gold watches, diamonds, and all that. It means nothing to me, and I don't have to play the buffoon like the system wants."

"You'll never catch me on MTV Cribs."

"He wants to tell me I got to see his house like I'm a bitch! I ain't one of your bitches, man. What are you talking about?! And lo and behold, I watch the 24/7 from the last fight, you seen it and I seen it, him sitting up there with Puffy showing it off. I'm not into that."

Bernard Hopkins shows off penthouse

I mean, don't get me wrong...it wasn't his "house" that he was showing off, but man, don't try and act like you're not "into that" when you're smiling at the camera, giving a tour of your penthouse, flashing your Icelink watches and then talking about all the cars you got.

"2 Range Rovers, a Chrysler, Bently and a SL500. It's the new one, the hard top one and I had it all done up." - Bernard Hopkins

You'll never catch his ass old, boring ass on MTV Cribs because they'll never ask him to be on it. Like his boxing career, Bernard "The Hypocrite" Hopkins just isn't big time like that so he's gotta do his flossin with DJ Vlad on Hot In Here 3 instead.

laugh.gif

Geesh!

I really don't understand how easy it is for this guy to sucka some of you like that.

laugh.gif

Ether my ass...he must have been looking in a mirror when he gave that interview.

laugh.gif
RyanTical
Hopkins has a point, but, you can look at this one of two ways:

1)
Mayweather is getting into character for the camera as he's mentioned in the article on this very website.

2)
If Mayweather keeps up his "Scarface act" he puts on with his money instead of acting the way a thirty-three year old man should, he'll end up with a Alejandro sosa at his doorstep. Then again, I think Freck "Billionaire" already scared the bajezus out've Floyd to the point where he quit with the flaunting. Although, I doubt it. We'll see come tonight on Mayweather-Mosley 24/7 how much Mayweather has matured as an adult.
Method
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 10 2010, 12:43 AM) *
LMAO

Man, you guys crack me up with the bullshit you buy in to.

What did Bernard say in that interview...

"I know how these dudes would really be if they weren't surrounded by gold watches, diamonds, and all that. It means nothing to me, and I don't have to play the buffoon like the system wants."

"You'll never catch me on MTV Cribs."

"He wants to tell me I got to see his house like I'm a bitch! I ain't one of your bitches, man. What are you talking about?! And lo and behold, I watch the 24/7 from the last fight, you seen it and I seen it, him sitting up there with Puffy showing it off. I'm not into that."

Bernard Hopkins shows off penthouse

I mean, don't get me wrong...it wasn't his "house" that he was showing off, but man, don't try and act like you're not "into that" when you're smiling at the camera, giving a tour of your penthouse, flashing your Icelink watches and then talking about all the cars you got.

"2 Range Rovers, a Chrysler, Bently and a SL500. It's the new one, the hard top one and I had it all done up." - Bernard Hopkins

You'll never catch his ass old, boring ass on MTV Cribs because they'll never ask him to be on it. Like his boxing career, Bernard "The Hypocrite" Hopkins just isn't big time like that so he's gotta do his flossin with DJ Vlad on Hot In Here 3 instead.

laugh.gif

Geesh!

I really don't understand how easy it is for this guy to sucka some of you like that.

laugh.gif

Ether my ass...he must have been looking in a mirror when he gave that interview.

laugh.gif

He mentioned the only places hes ever showed were his condos in the allhiphop.com Q&A, so there's nothing really revealing here. All kidding aside, though, some hip hop site Titled their article, "Hopkins Ethers Floyd Mayweather". Only the hip hop community would come up w some rhetoric like that. You shoulda put up Matty Goldstein's vid of Ex with all his cars and bullshit that he did for B-Talk back in the day.
thehype
QUOTE (Method @ Apr 10 2010, 09:20 AM) *
He mentioned the only places hes ever showed were his condos in the allhiphop.com Q&A, so there's nothing really revealing here. All kidding aside, though, some hip hop site Titled their article, "Hopkins Ethers Floyd Mayweather". Only the hip hop community would come up w some rhetoric like that. You shoulda put up Matty Goldstein's vid of Ex with all his cars and bullshit that he did for B-Talk back in the day.

laugh.gif

We KNEW you'd come back with that fact about it only being his penthouse in Philly.

laugh.gif

I think you get the point though...he tries to front like he's not into all that flossin' and stuff, but in reality, he does it too. Case in point, Matty Goldstein's vid of Ex with all his cars and bullshit. LOL. I forgot all about that...I'll see if I can dig that up.
Method
Oh, I absolutely agree with you.

...and I only mentioned the penthouse in Philly cuz in that allhiphop article he specifically made the comment along the lines of "I may show them my penthouse n Philly or Miami, but never the main house". Whatever. Not like it makes it any better. I agree w you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.