Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cintron-Williams.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Lil-lightsout
I know many will pick Williams by easy win, but I feel Citron at least has a punchers chance. I also think it should be an entertaining fight as long as it lasts. I say Kermit needs to put it on PW early and hope to hurt him. PW always has tremendous stamina, where Cintrons stamina is not good at all, the longer this fight goes easily benefits Williams. I thought PW looked his worst in his last fight, but before that he looked pretty damn solid. I feel Martinez style gave Paul fits, where Cintron will be tailor made for Williams. I will say Paul gets a TKO win in the mid to late rounds, Kermit either will collapse on the canvas from Paul's pressure or he will retire on his stool. Kermit's only chance is to bomb Williams out of there in the first four rounds.
KYLE THEEE SPINKS FAN
Williams got this easy. Cintron has a punchers chance, but Williams has a great chin. He stood up to some big shots against Martinez, and took Margarito's best as well. Cintron doesn't have the mental capacity to deal with all the shots Williams will be throwing from that southpaw style. Kermit was able to outbox Angulo, but Williams is way above that level. Cintron may land a couple pretty bombs, but like usual he'll collapse. I could see this ending like the Margarito fights, with the pressure and all the shots Williams throws. Cintron will break down and be stopped in the 8th.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 2 2010, 12:21 AM) *
Williams. Cintron has a gash in between his legs.

...along with two flaps.

Williams by either late round TKO or wide UD. Cintron cant handle pressure.
Snoop
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 2 2010, 04:21 AM) *

LOL. I thought he suffered an injury when I first read this.
Big Slim Sweet
Williams beats the stuffing out of this turkey.
kidbazooka1
Cintron is a softy Williams should take this easly.
ViperSniper
I like this match up for both fighters. I think it may show a little bit of how Williams might fair up against Pavlik if they should meet anytime soon as Cintron is also a straight up strong fighter with a powerful right hand. This fight should be a pretty good scrap that Williams like always will make harder than it should & let his hands & defense. As much as Williams can get a little bit sloppy and excited at times I think he should have control over this one & stop Cintron in 8.
D-MARV
PWill by Groundation.
Keith
QUOTE (Fitz @ Apr 2 2010, 12:21 AM) *

QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 2 2010, 12:28 AM) *
...along with two flaps.

Kermit has a set of beef-curtains down there.

You have to be a man to beat Paul Williams.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
I really wanna see Kermit cry again. Comedy gold. I mean his fucken name is Kermit. Aint gonna frighten anybody with that name. laugh.gif

I would love to see P-Will win in a dominant fashion and then call everyone out at 147. That would be the shit. I see him picking off Cintron and slowly busting him up.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 2 2010, 07:04 AM) *
I would love to see P-Will win in a dominant fashion and then call everyone out at 147. That would be the shit. I see him picking off Cintron and slowly busting him up.

I'm actually getting sick of hearing Williams (really it's more Goosen) call out the 147 division. I understand the frustration but that ship seems to have sailed. Those guys aren't going to fight him and that's really sort of the end of that.

I'm a big Paul Williams fan, but he needs to set his sights on the Pavlik-Martinez winner IMO. His future as a money maker in the sport is as a middleweight, whether he wants it that way or not.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 2 2010, 10:59 AM) *
I'm actually getting sick of hearing Williams (really it's more Goosen) call out the 147 division. I understand the frustration but that ship seems to have sailed. Those guys aren't going to fight him and that's really sort of the end of that.

I'm a big Paul Williams fan, but he needs to set his sights on the Pavlik-Martinez winner IMO. His future as a money maker in the sport is as a middleweight, whether he wants it that way or not.

I'm a PWill fan too but after taking those shots and getting out on his feet against Martinez. I dont think he'll be as quick to jump back in there at those higher weights. I'm still confused as to why they didn't make a big fuss over Martinez getting Pavlik next instead of him(PWill).
JD
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 2 2010, 11:13 AM) *
I'm a PWill fan too but after taking those shots and getting out on his feet against Martinez. I dont think he'll be as quick to jump back in there at those higher weights. I'm still confused as to why they didn't make a big fuss over Martinez getting Pavlik next instead of him(PWill).

Probably because he knows...

Haymon.
thefloatingmonkey
Easy win for Williams. Cintron is definitely not at his level. Williams will consume Cintron with punch output and speed, and will stop him or make him quit mid fight.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Apr 2 2010, 11:58 AM) *
Easy win for Williams. Cintron is definitely not at his level. Williams will consume Cintron with punch output and speed, and will stop him or make him quit mid fight.

Unless Cintron sends him to you know where.
The Original MrFactor
QUOTE (thefloatingmonkey @ Apr 2 2010, 12:58 PM) *

Thats it. Yup. Williams swarms Cintron with punches and stops him late or UD12. Williams will win somewhere between 10 and 12 rounds if it goes the distance.
BigG
I think Cinton gets stopped late rounds.
JonnyBlaze
Ya all are bustin on Cintron and even though I don't really like him,he has looked good lately..When he boxes,I become impressed with him..Williams hasn't impressed me much lately..Everytime I see him,I see things that others could expose..He is kinda like Margarito(throws a lot of punches and uses offense as defense)..Williams has height on his side along with a big reach on anyone he fights..

I don't think Cintron has what it takes but I don't think this will be a blow out..If Cintron boxes him,I think Williams might get exposed kinda like when he fought Quintana the first time..Likely,maybe not,but I think there is a definite chance..
salvador
QUOTE (The Ollie Reed Fan Club @ Apr 2 2010, 07:04 AM) *
I would love to see P-Will win in a dominant fashion and then call everyone out at 147. That would be the shit.

That's exactly what I want as well.

I would just as soon see Williams fight Clottey or someone at 147 just to make sure the public knows he's a ww.

Keith
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 4 2010, 07:14 AM) *
That's exactly what I want as well.

I would just as soon see Williams fight Clottey or someone at 147 just to make sure the public knows he's a ww.

The problem with PWill at welter is he probably wont be the PWill that left 147 or the guy we see at 154 or 160.

I believe he can make the weight because he's been so adamant that he can still do so.

Unfortunately, he'll be a much weaker fighter both in physical strength and energy. His durability and punch output will both decline.

That being said... I think I would still like to see him return to welter if it meant getting a fight with Floyd, Pac, or Shane.
Lil-lightsout
Everybody picking Paul in this one, I thought maybe a few might give Cintron a shot seeing PW on the canvas and looking sloppy his last fight. One thing is for sure, Cintron gets NO respect around here. laugh.gif Well actually Blaze gave Cintron a little chance, but I kind of disagree how. Cintron can box with the limited fighters, but I see PW pressure style getting to Kermit. I just can not even remotely see Cintron keeping up with Williams in the stamina department. Cintron had a short amateur career also, and seems to not have the mental toughness most fighters at the elite level of this sport.

Still I will be rooting for my hometown fighter to bomb Paul out of there early. Regardless, it is nice that both fighters took this fight, I think it is a nice little match-up.

I also agree with Keith about PW at welterweight, which I have been saying for quite a bit now. It has probably been two years since he was at that weight, and until he actually makes it there for an actual fight, I say he looks weak and not near as strong at 147.
SmartyBeardo
Cintron has a MUCH better chance than most are giving him. Martinez exposed and damaged PWill. Granted, Cintron is not the boxer that Martinez is, but he is no slouch and he has power.

If Cintron can defend himself from the initial barrage and catch PWill with a KD a la Martinez, he may be able to get him out of there. If not, Cintron probably retires on his stool somewhere after 6.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 4 2010, 09:21 AM) *
Cintron has a MUCH better chance than most are giving him. Martinez exposed and damaged PWill. Granted, Cintron is not the boxer that Martinez is, but he is no slouch and he has power.

If Cintron can defend himself from the initial barrage and catch PWill with a KD a la Martinez, he may be able to get him out of there. If not, Cintron probably retires on his stool somewhere after 6.

Yeah, I agree. I definitely think Cintron can hurt Paul, especially after seeing him get hurt by Martinez. I think that gives Kermit a little confidence. I also think if he can not get PW out of there, I see him retiring on his stool or either taking a knee or something.
Keith
QUOTE (SmartyBeardo @ Apr 4 2010, 09:21 AM) *
Granted, Cintron is not the boxer that Martinez is, but he is no slouch and he has power.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 4 2010, 09:59 AM) *
Yeah, I agree. I definitely think Cintron can hurt Paul, especially after seeing him get hurt by Martinez.

I believe Cintron's power is overated....

-- Most of his ko's are TKO's. He only has 3 ko's.

-- He's never ko'd or tko'd any fighter with substantial credibility outside his tko in 10 rds against David Estrada 4 years ago.

-- His biggest wins since were decision victories against N'dou and Angulo.

-- He never hurt or knocked down Margarito, Martinez, or Angulo.

When he faced inferior physical fighters early in his career, Cintron looked like a big puncher, but...

Everything had to be perfect for him to land those solid right hands... his feet, his distance, repeatedly landed, against inferior physical fighters.

salvador
QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 4 2010, 07:53 AM) *
The problem with PWill at welter is he probably wont be the PWill that left 147 or the guy we see at 154 or 160.

I believe he can make the weight because he's been so adamant that he can still do so.

Unfortunately, he'll be a much weaker fighter both in physical strength and energy. His durability and punch output will both decline.

That being said... I think I would still like to see him return to welter if it meant getting a fight with Floyd, Pac, or Shane.

It might be that he's weak at 147 and it might be that he really does have a freakish body and that he can be a monster at 147. We don't know.

At this point he's proven that he deserves a shot against Floyd, Shane, Pac ect. If he's weaker, he'll probably lose. But if he can maintain his strength I believe he can beat all of them and it sucks that these guys aren't being asked about Paul in postfight interviews.

D-MARV
After PWill beats up Cintron, he will fight Pavlik-Martinez winner.
Keith
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 4 2010, 10:50 AM) *
But if he can maintain his strength I believe he can beat all of them

Agreed.

and it sucks that these guys aren't being asked about Paul in postfight interviews.

I Absolutely agree.
Lil-lightsout
It might be that he's weak at 147 and it might be that he really does have a freakish body and that he can be a monster at 147. We don't know.

At this point he's proven that he deserves a shot against Floyd, Shane, Pac ect. If he's weaker, he'll probably lose. But if he can maintain his strength I believe he can beat all of them and it sucks that these guys aren't being asked about Paul in postfight interviews.

Maybe they do not ask these guys because they are in different divisions and he no longer fights at welterweight. After seeing PW many flaws at a heavier more comfortable weight, no way do I see him beating any of those three guys at 147. In fact I have always said PBF would toy with him and pick him apart. He would outbox him with ease.

Also, WHEN and if he ever actually drops back down to 147, sure he deserves a shot. But until then it's just talk. If he truly wants to fight them, why not drop the weight NOW and make your presence known. There are tons of other fighters he could knock off to show he means business... right? Maybe he could force the big names to fight him if he would stick around and start making some noise. It is not like he stuck around the welterweight division a long time after winning his belt.
D-MARV
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 4 2010, 11:24 AM) *
Maybe they do not ask these guys because they are in different divisions and he no longer fights at welterweight. After seeing PW many flaws at a heavier more comfortable weight, no way do I see him beating any of those three guys at 147. In fact I have always said PBF would toy with him and pick him apart. He would outbox him with ease.

Also, WHEN and if he ever actually drops back down to 147, sure he deserves a shot. But until then it's just talk. If he truly wants to fight them, why not drop the weight NOW and make your presence known. There are tons of other fighters he could knock off to show he means business... right? Maybe he could force the big names to fight him if he would stick around and start making some noise. It is not like he stuck around the welterweight division a long time after winning his belt.

Let's see... hmmmm

PWill beat Margarito!!! (At tht time, Margarito was the most feared fighter on the planet or so they say)

If that doesn't warrant a big fight then I don't know what will. Margarito was the top dawg at that time, Right behind Floyd. No one wanted to fight him. That's why he moved up!
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (D-MARV @ Apr 4 2010, 11:44 AM) *
Let's see... hmmmm

PWill beat Margarito!!! (At tht time, Margarito was the most feared fighter on the planet or so they say)

If that doesn't warrant a big fight then I don't know what will. Margarito was the top dawg at that time, Right behind Floyd. No one wanted to fight him. That's why he moved up!

Come on man... Mosley destroyed cheatarito and look at how many fights he had since. There were still other fighters he could have faced, eventually people would have forced a mega fight if he would have kept winning. He just left too early and did not stick around long enough. How many "big money" fights has he had since moving up???
salvador
QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 4 2010, 10:24 AM) *

The entire point of Williams' size, reach, stamina advantage is that his advantages grow disproportionately as he goes down in weight. There's no such thing as a 6'3" ww with an 82" wingspan who throws 100+ punches a round. Pavlik is 6'2" with a 75" reach. Nobody at 147 even comes close.

Williams says he can make 147 and until he proves himself wrong, I'll believe him. His frame seems capable of handling it for some freakish reason.

He was at 147 for over a year after beating Marg and the only big fight he could get was Quintana???? He was clearly being ducked (and I believe Shane even said he wasn't ready for Paul).

Who would you have him fight at 147 to have him prove he deserves a shot? The answer is that it doesn't matter. Floyd's going to beat Mosley and PAc fairly easily and retire. Pac will retire after a farewell fight in the Phillipines and Shane will be done after the Floyd fight.

Williams' chance at 147 has passed. That said, I'd still love to see him call out all these guys just so that the world knows their exit from the sport is tainted with the fact that they all shamelessly ducked Williams.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (Keith @ Apr 4 2010, 09:41 AM) *
I believe Cintron's power is overated....

-- Most of his ko's are TKO's. He only has 3 ko's.

-- He's never ko'd or tko'd any fighter with substantial credibility outside his tko in 10 rds against David Estrada 4 years ago.

-- His biggest wins since were decision victories against N'dou and Angulo.

-- He never hurt or knocked down Margarito, Martinez, or Angulo.

When he faced inferior physical fighters early in his career, Cintron looked like a big puncher, but...

Everything had to be perfect for him to land those solid right hands... his feet, his distance, repeatedly landed, against inferior physical fighters.

And I believe Cintron's record is clearly underrated by most, other than those who conveniently avoid him. His record is 30-2-1. He has stopped 28 of the 30 he has defeated. The only two that he failed to stop are N'dou and Angulo. Neither of these fighters have EVER been KOed.

Cintron also failed to stop SMartinez, but earned a draw. His only two losses were to Margarito. Both should be removed from his record, IMO.

What does Kermit Cintron have to do to get some respect?

I believe the likely end to his battle with PWill is Cintron's retiring on his stool somewhere after 6. However, the fact that he has fought SMartinez to a draw combined with his clear record of stoppages and tough decisions, is convincing enough to suggest that he could defeat PWill.

Cintron is a dangerous opponent for anyone without plaster in his gloves.
Thegreatequalizer
yeah, cintron got a draw with martinez, but he didn't earn it. that was martinez' fight.

i think cintron has a good chance of knocking down williams in the fight. cintron does have a good punch. the problem is that williams conditioning is good and seems as though he can withstand being knocked down by most people under 160. his workrate and size advantage i think will lead him to a late stoppage or more probably a decision after hitting the canvas at some point.

i still give williams a high probability of beating the top welters. sure floyd could come in and school him a la corrales, but i don't think he can hurt him, and though williams is sloppy at times he's not as sloppy as corrales was and is much bigger. and the main thing with williams is that if he were to train to fight a certain way for floyd (tall with a constant jab) there's a good chance he could completely dominate him, which is why floyd doesn't want to fight him.
D-MARV
Cintron was the first man I saw get KO'd and lose a decision but comes away with a draw. That scoring was TERRIBLE.
Big Slim Sweet
QUOTE (salvador @ Apr 4 2010, 12:13 PM) *
The entire point of Williams' size, reach, stamina advantage is that his advantages grow disproportionately as he goes down in weight. There's no such thing as a 6'3" ww with an 82" wingspan who throws 100+ punches a round. Pavlik is 6'2" with a 75" reach. Nobody at 147 even comes close.

Williams says he can make 147 and until he proves himself wrong, I'll believe him. His frame seems capable of handling it for some freakish reason.

He was at 147 for over a year after beating Marg and the only big fight he could get was Quintana???? He was clearly being ducked (and I believe Shane even said he wasn't ready for Paul).

Who would you have him fight at 147 to have him prove he deserves a shot? The answer is that it doesn't matter. Floyd's going to beat Mosley and PAc fairly easily and retire. Pac will retire after a farewell fight in the Phillipines and Shane will be done after the Floyd fight.

Williams' chance at 147 has passed. That said, I'd still love to see him call out all these guys just so that the world knows their exit from the sport is tainted with the fact that they all shamelessly ducked Williams.

But Sal, if you acknowledge Williams' chance at welter has passed, why do you want him to continue focusing on it? What's the point? Don't you think he should keep his sights set on fights and fighters that could actually figure into his future?

You know I was with you when Mayweather was ducking Margarito. That was one guy ducking another guy, so a smear campaign was appropriate. This is different. This is a whole division collectively saying this dude is too big for us.

With all of them doing it, none of them look as bad. That's just the reality of it, at least as I see it.

QUOTE (Lil-lightsout @ Apr 4 2010, 11:19 AM) *
Come on man... Mosley destroyed cheatarito and look at how many fights he had since. There were still other fighters he could have faced, eventually people would have forced a mega fight if he would have kept winning. He just left too early and did not stick around long enough. How many "big money" fights has he had since moving up???

I agree. If the big $ at 147 was going to remain Paul's goal he should have stuck it out there longer and cleaned out the B and C guys. It would have sucked for him financially short term but really it was his only option.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Sweetness @ Apr 4 2010, 05:55 PM) *
I agree. If the big $ at 147 was going to remain Paul's goal he should have stuck it out there longer and cleaned out the B and C guys. It would have sucked for him financially short term but really it was his only option.

Damn Slim... you have been agreeing with me a lot lately. Thanks man. friends.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.