Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Percy No Mercy...
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
King Eugene
I find it extremely hilarious how he's going back and forth with Toney and Banks. I appreciate the interviews man(seriously)...its like a dang soap opera. laugh.gif Hell after just two I want to see them fight now. The Battle of the D.
D-MARV
I would like to see them fight too.
pcraw
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 2 2010, 05:06 AM) *
I find it extremely hilarious how he's going back and forth with Toney and Banks. I appreciate the interviews man(seriously)...its like a dang soap opera. laugh.gif Hell after just two I want to see them fight now. The Battle of the D.

Thanks King. You're not related to Don are you? J/K. There is more where it came from my man. John Arthur (AKA "Pops") interview coming later on today.
King Eugene
QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 2 2010, 09:44 AM) *
Thanks King. You're not related to Don are you? J/K. There is more where it came from my man. John Arthur (AKA "Pops") interview coming later on today.

(Uncle Rucker's Voice)Eugene, King Eugene...no relations
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 2 2010, 08:44 AM) *

Keep it up, pcraw, you've got the best thing going out there.
oozemcbuck
shit, by the time Toney gets a fight he's gonna have to give 1/3 up to pc for promoting him !! laugh.gif
thehype
Pops interview is up. Toney too...more funny stuff. LOL.
pcraw
Hey fellas I really appreciate it man. We will definitely keep bringing it. Thanks again.
Provo209
I personally enjoy all of Percy interviews its like he gets the guys to open up and be them selfs LOL..Percy keeps it real and they see that..im a huge fan of Floyd sr interviews LOL . Keep them coming Percy ,good shit...
King Eugene
Percy you ought to see if you can get Toney to start posting on the boards.
D-MARV
I would Love a Chat with Toney!!!!!
Byrd Man
not like he ain't got shit else to do but talk trash. he'll fit in perfectly! ha ha.
King Eugene
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 2 2010, 11:48 PM) *
not like he ain't got shit else to do but talk trash. he'll fit in perfectly! ha ha.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Make it even more interesting and make him a Mod, give him his own blog, let him do interviews, and cover other fights. Shit just give him a job here on fighthype.com Talking about traffic...
Byrd Man
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 2 2010, 10:41 PM) *
Make it even more interesting and make him a Mod, give him his own blog, let him do interviews, and cover other fights. Shit just give him a job here on fighthype.com Talking about traffic...

And to make it interesting, install a filter for cursing. Every post it'd be like filling out a madlibs book.
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 2 2010, 11:17 PM) *
Percy you ought to see if you can get Toney to start posting on the boards.

Man that would be awesome!
pcraw
Unfortunately he's not a fan of computers. But he calls me at least every other day, so we should be ok with Toney content. Hell he called me Brittany Spears for texting him once. "I don't do text messaging...fucking Brittany Spears." Lol. Much love to you guys though. You guys keep me going man. I will be dropping some audio of our next interview. Shhhhh. Lol
King Eugene
QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 3 2010, 08:18 PM) *
Unfortunately he's not a fan of computers. But he calls me at least every other day, so we should be ok with Toney content. Hell he called me Brittany Spears for texting him once. "I don't do text messaging...fucking Brittany Spears." Lol. Much love to you guys though. You guys keep me going man. I will be dropping some audio of our next interview. Shhhhh. Lol

lol damn that sumbitch is old school. He said to hell with new school technology. laugh.gif
KookedKrack
QUOTE (pcraw @ Apr 3 2010, 07:18 PM) *

Toney is wild.
King Eugene
Come to think about it I dont think it would be a good idea for him to post here(even though he wont anyway) because I sense a lot of internet tough guys on here that would be very disrespectful intentionally because they are protected behind the keyboard.
Douchebag
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 6 2010, 01:54 AM) *
Come to think about it I dont think it would be a good idea for him to post here(even though he wont anyway) because I sense a lot of internet tough guys on here that would be very disrespectful intentionally because they are protected behind the keyboard.

Yup, you would see a whole bunch of "new" aliases popping up getting JT riled up on these boards. I would be hilarious for about 2 days, after that it would get redundant.
MarzB
One thing you can't knock on James and thats being fake. He's been consistently disrespecting ('Nard, Chris Byrd ie) for YEARS.

Loved the interview today and it's funny how Bernard is playing Toney to the side of sorts when this is probably a much more marketable fight stateside than his suggestion of fighting Haye. Nard didn't help things last Saturday with that performance if he hopes for a network to pick it up. But it still is an intriguing matchup. Too bad it won't happen.
Antonio Tarver
QUOTE (The Conscience @ Apr 6 2010, 06:41 AM) *
Yup, you would see a whole bunch of "new" aliases popping up getting JT riled up on these boards. I would be hilarious for about 2 days, after that it would get redundant.

Shut up fatty, fatty boom boom.
Method
One thing you can't knock on James and thats being fake. He's been consistently disrespecting ('Nard, Chris Byrd ie) for YEARS.

Not true. In recent years Toney would go on record that "Bernard is my dawg", and, "Me and Bernard are the only throwback fighters out there". On both this site and B-Talk.

Not until Toney needs a fight/money did the onslaught begin, and that's al good, because I would love to see the fight. But it will NEVER HAPPEN. No Money in it.

If the fight was so marketable, HBO would pony up the money for it. Plain and simple.
MarzB
Touche you're right. I'll stand corrected there. But I'll raise you and say that Toney has also said (I think it depends on how he's feeling at the time frankly) "Nard's gonna need more than his mere right hand and head butt to beat me". This was after the second Taylor fight.

But are you saying that Bernard has marketability at this point? I mean this isn't all Toney now you know.
Method
Hopkins has more marketability than Tony. I'll at LEAST say that.

That fucking Billy Goat comment was priceless though.
King Eugene
dont know if any of you guys have seen this already but I thought it was pretty interesting. Just didn't want to start a new thread for it.

Method
Can you understand a fucking word being said in that?
Big Slim Sweet
I recall Toney saying something like 'Bernard did me proud' after Hopkins thrashed Tarver. I also recall Toney picking Jones to beat Hopkins going back to 2006 when they nearly rematched, and saying something about running in head first and holding not being able to get it done.

I believe JT has full respect for Hops and his abilities, he just believes himself to be the better, truer throwback. Hopkins' career achievements outshine his and it pisses him off. James thinks he can whip him and wants to prove it.
STEVENSKI
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 6 2010, 06:54 AM) *

Grimace is a big man I am sure he could take it.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 6 2010, 07:36 PM) *
Grimace is a big man I am sure he could take it.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

King Eugene
No Mercy, I know I asked for audio but I'm damn glad you typed it out first cause you couldn't understand a damn thing he was saying. LOL I guess your use to it by now.
King Eugene

thehype
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 10 2010, 04:49 AM) *
No Mercy, I know I asked for audio but I'm damn glad you typed it out first cause you couldn't understand a damn thing he was saying. LOL I guess your use to it by now.

Yeah, you get used to it...but man, if you thought that was bad, you should hear Roy. LOL.
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 12 2010, 04:38 PM) *
Yeah, you get used to it...but man, if you thought that was bad, you should hear Roy. LOL.

Roy is what we like to call, Kountry...and Little Roy is even easier to understand than Big Roy. lol

When I was in school growing up, pretty much every Facilities Engineer talked like those guys. It's like another language...like Patois. Rooted in english, but with subtle variations.

King Eugene
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 12 2010, 03:38 PM) *

I can understand every single word Roy says. His words aren't slurred. He just talks fast as hell. I remember living in Orlando...I had to adjust to that shit quick as hell.
thehype
QUOTE (King Eugene @ Apr 13 2010, 02:00 AM) *
I can understand every single word Roy says. His words aren't slurred. He just talks fast as hell. I remember living in Orlando...I had to adjust to that shit quick as hell.

I never said they were slurred...I just said he's hard to understand on an audio tape...and so is Paulie Malignaggi. Truth be told, it's actually a lot easier to type of interview when someone is talking slow and/or slurred than it is to type up one when someone is talking fast and with slang.

laugh.gif

Method
yknowmsayn
Spyder
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 14 2010, 02:02 PM) *
I never said they were slurred...I just said he's hard to understand on an audio tape...and so is Paulie Malignaggi. Truth be told, it's actually a lot easier to type of interview when someone is talking slow and/or slurred than it is to type up one when someone is talking fast and with slang.

laugh.gif

Hype, you need to invest in one of those speak-to-text software programs.

If they don't have one that understands Roy, then you should invent it...start cashing in on those computer skills man! laugh.gif
King Eugene
QUOTE (thehype @ Apr 14 2010, 01:02 PM) *

laugh.gif

Oh I know you didn't. I was basically saying its easier (for me) to understand him than it is to understand Toney. I was one of the ones to request the audio of Toney's interviews...I'd rather just read them now. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.