Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Videos: AA's punch on Dirrell vs the greatest KO of all time.
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
xAUGUSTUSx
Dirrel slips at 4:05 mark and AA hit's him just before it goes to 4:06 mark. It was literally a fraction of a second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOQOBj4gV0o

Marciano purposely hit Walcott after Walcott was out cold being held up by the ropes. Walcott was down for a whole second and a half before Rocky hit him. Walcott went down at the end of the 3:21 mark and Rocky hit him at the 3:23 mark. This KO is still considered today as the greatest KO ever. If you're being held up by the ropes then you have been knocked down. fact

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eQ9EnCvk7U

Why did Laurance cole count to 6 before panicking the way he did. Why did he count and then make up his maind so fast about AA hitting him while he was down? AA should've been more careful yes but the whole thing was handled stupidly. If direll was hurt so bad why were'nt the doctors rushing into the ring? The whole thing stinks but the fight was good until that point except for the missed KD's.

Why was Laurance Cole standing in the middle of the ring when all this went down?
Boxers react in fractions of a second all the time...anytime they avoid a punch and throw a counter, they are reacting in much less time than Abraham had to compute that Dirrell was on the ground.

AA knew what he was doing, and Cole sucks ass. Mystery solved.
STEVENSKI
Dirrell got what he deserved. Ever heard of protect yourself at all times. That includes when you are unable to keep your balance due to your lack of training in boxing fundamentals.
D-MARV
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 2 2010, 09:43 PM) *
Dirrell got what he deserved. Ever heard of protect yourself at all times. That includes when you are unable to keep your balance due to your lack of training in boxing fundamentals.

LOL... Dirrell slipped on the water from Abe's corner.

No point in debating... Abraham got his ass handed to him... USA is running shit in this tournament.
The Ollie Reed Fan Club
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 2 2010, 08:43 PM) *

Funny you should say that. Now I'm not commenting on the validity of the punch (although I have my own thoughts on that) but to me Dirrell looked like he didn't slip, rather he found himself out of position after throwing a punch, and being open to a counter he just 'slipped' to the canvas. However I would also say that once there Abraham took a rather cynical shot at him.

Was Dirrell faking? I guess the only one who truly knows is Dirrell himself. If I had to guess I would say yes, I thought he played it up. Was he up in the fight? Yep, comfortably, but remember he had already been screwed against Froch and was tiring against Abraham and maybe his brain just said take the dive it will be the easiest way.

Abraham though only has himself to blame. If he hadn't taken such a cheap shot then Dirrell wouldn't have had anything to work with. And I don't buy this crap about split second stuff. Everything in boxing happens in a split second. Abraham knew what he was doing. He was getting desperate like Dirrell but for different reasons.

I am conflicted about this whole situation. Neither guy went up in my estimations. Go Andre Ward?
Lil-lightsout
QUOTE (Spyder @ Apr 2 2010, 03:19 PM) *
Boxers react in fractions of a second all the time...anytime they avoid a punch and throw a counter, they are reacting in much less time than Abraham had to compute that Dirrell was on the ground.

AA knew what he was doing, and Cole sucks ass. Mystery solved.

Very well put.
SmartyBeardo
QUOTE (STEVENSKI @ Apr 2 2010, 08:43 PM) *

Indeed.

And so did Abraham.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.