Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Haye vs. Ruiz (WBA Heavyweight Title)
FightHype Community > BOXING HYPE > Boxing
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jack 1000
For all information about Haye-Ruz on-going and post-fight contents. No public streaming links rule still applies, so if you find a link you still must keep it private through e-mail or PM.

All fight results and comments should be posted in this thread. No Spoiler warning is needed because there is appears to be a totally non-televised fight.

Jack

Administrator
Al Hata

If anybody got one, PM me please.
Nay_Sayer
QUOTE (Al Hata @ Apr 3 2010, 02:28 PM) *
If anybody got one, PM me please.

Me too...
SmartyBeardo
I wish it was April 1st. The possibilities would be endless. rap.gif
Al Hata

found one, pm me if you want it.
Maxy
So this isn't televised in the US?

WTF?

OK....
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Maxy @ Apr 3 2010, 03:49 PM) *
So this isn't televised in the US?

WTF?

OK....

I know!

Even though it's only Ruiz. I don't know what is gained by not showing the fight in the States! It should still be shown! Seeing Ruiz get KTFO, (at least I hope), is PRICELESS!!!

Jack
Maxy
Did I read correctly that the Klit fight wasn't shown either, or at least not shown live? At the end of the day boxing fans want to see fights. It pisses me off when I have to search out streams over here because our TV companies don't show the fights from overseas that I want to see. I mean, they encourage illegal streaming when there is no other choice don't they?
Al Hata

klit fight wasn't shown either.
Byrd Man
I want to see this fight if possible.
Keith
Ruiz looks to be in good shape.
Al Hata

70,000 viewers on the stream, hope it sticks.
Byrd Man
WAR RUIZ! lol
Al Hata

Ruiz dropped with the first punch of the fight, down again later in the round. Haye landing anything he wants.
D-MARV
Fuck... Haye is gonna KO him... I laid down big on a Haye Decision.
Al Hata

Ruiz looked better in the 2nd, landed some punches. Haye didn't do much.
Byrd Man
Haye fucking hitting Ruiz in the back of the head...
Maxy
Ruiz recovered well and looked decent in the second.
Al Hata

All Haye in the 3rd. Ruiz is taking some huge shots. Busted nose. British announcers comparing Haye to Ali.
Byrd Man
yeah Ruiz definitely recovered nicely. I thought it was gonna be over in the 1st. Don't know why David didn't go after him harder after that second knockdown, but not sure whether that counted as a knockdown or not.

And did Ruiz lose points for hitting after the bell?
Maxy
QUOTE (Al Hata @ Apr 3 2010, 05:22 PM) *
All Haye in the 3rd. Ruiz is taking some huge shots. Busted nose. British announcers comparing Haye to Ali.

Speed wise...but dumb nonetheless.
Maxy
Ruiz wins the 4th, working Haye well with the jab and coming forward all the time. Haye looks to be breathing heavy....surely not....
Keith
HAye already looks tired after 4.
D-MARV
Haye is gassed!
Byrd Man
Haye hit him in the back of the head AGAIN!?!?!

After losing a point for it, does he lose another or get DQ'd?
Maxy
Ruiz down in the 5th....rabbit punch? Yeah maybe....
The CEO
QUOTE (Al Hata @ Apr 3 2010, 06:22 PM) *

and saying Ruiz is one of the toughest Heavyweights ever...LMAO....it's ridiculous...

Haye's defense is horrible...Ruiz was snappin' his head back with jabs...lol

another Rabbit Punch KD?
Aware
Ruiz looks old and listless just waiting to be knocked out.
HaydelHammer
put him to sleep haye ...get it done.
The CEO
and another Rabbit Punch KD...lol...Haye knows he's immune.
Byrd Man
how many times are they gonna let Haye hit Ruiz in the back of the head before they DQ this bitch?
Al Hata

Haye is rabbit punching, but that's not the thing doing John in.
D-MARV
Haye's defense is terrible and his stamina sucks... If Hopkins is watching then I know he has a smile on his face.
HaydelHammer
John must go down. lol
Al Hata

Should stop this fight soon.
Maxy
Got to say, full praise due to Ruiz. He's taking some big shots but he's always coming forward. The worry for Haye is his stamina if he can't get Ruiz out of there but he's well ahead on points.
D-MARV
LMAO... Ruiz's nose is BROKEN
Jack 1000
Hearing a lot of Rabbit Punches by Haye. How many points has he lost because of this?

Jack
JD
Haye was gassed and Ruiz sucked.

Sad state of affairs. Sorry fellas, Haye is NOT the heavyweight savior, either Klitschko brutalizes him.

And yes...the ref sucked, Haye was lighting up the back of Ruiz's head.
The CEO
and there's the stoppage.....old, 2nd rate Ruiz gave Haye all he could handle...

I'm tellin' ya...ducking The Klits was the smartest thing Haye's ever done...
HaydelHammer
lmao at those replays of haye jumping into his shots like that. lol He damn sure lives up to that haymaker nickname
Byrd Man
QUOTE (Jack 1000 @ Apr 3 2010, 03:46 PM) *
Hearing a lot of Rabbit Punches by Haye. How many points has he lost because of this?

Jack

Only 1 in the 1st round.

He should have had AT THE VERY LEAST two more points taken off, and in most cases he would have been DQ'd because two "knockdowns" were a result of rabbit punches, and Ruiz got hit again a few times with rabbit punches but didn't go down.

That ref was garbage, but it was in London so... *shrugs*

Didn't expect them to DQ the champ over there but still...
D-MARV
Hopkins Beats Haye

Vitali Beats Haye

Haye knocks Wlad the fuck out!!!!

IM CALLING IT RIGHT NOW! I smell a Haye KO's Wlad thread coming soon.
Aware
That was a great stoppage by Ruiz's corner. David Haye didn't have the one punch knockout power to get Ruiz out of there, Ruiz would have taken unnecessary punishment.
RyanA
Haye by TKO?
Maxy
I thought Haye made harder work of it than he needed to do. Ruiz proved to be tough and to be durable. Yes, there were a few rabbit punches but they didn't have any baring on the outcome.

Less convinced now about Haye's chances vs the Klits after this fight though. However, he makes for far more exciting fights than either of them could ever do.
Byrd Man
while the rabbit punches may not have affected the end result, and I give Haye credit because he looked better than I thought he would, going by the rules and history, I would expect him to be DQ'd for multiple rabbit punches after being warned.

Hell, the VERY FIRST time he did it he got a point taken away, and then the next three times nothing, even with Ruiz protesting to the Ref holding his glove to the back of his head.

Ruiz really couldn't do shit to Haye though. Haye did what he wanted to him, except put him away for good. Haye should and will catch some shit for not finishing Ruiz in the 1st round when he could have, although many fighters haven't been able to put Ruiz down for the count.
Jack 1000
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 3 2010, 05:48 PM) *
Only 1 in the 1st round.

He should have had AT THE VERY LEAST two more points taken off, and in most cases he would have been DQ'd because two "knockdowns" were a result of rabbit punches, and Ruiz got hit again a few times with rabbit punches but didn't go down.

That ref was garbage, but it was in London so... *shrugs*

Didn't expect them to DQ the champ over there but still...

Gotta take both Klits over Haye. David seems to be a very robotic one-punch power guy, but doesn't seem to set up very well and has a bad history of rabbit punching. The Klitschkos are both too big for him and although methodical, are more skilled.

Haye is/was better at Cruiserweight. Haye's got a lightning in a bottle shot against Wlad, because Wlad does not have a good cihn. But David's chances to win against Wlad? Only about 30% maximum. Against Vitali, 10% or less.

Jack
The CEO
QUOTE (Byrd Man @ Apr 3 2010, 07:01 PM) *
while the rabbit punches may not have affected the end result, and I give Haye credit because he looked better than I thought he would, going by the rules and history, I would expect him to be DQ'd for multiple rabbit punches after being warned.

Hell, the VERY FIRST time he did it he got a point taken away, and then the next three times nothing, even with Ruiz protesting to the Ref holding his glove to the back of his head.

Yep...that's the general protocol of a fair, unbiased ref...

After a point is taken for an intentional offense, another point must be taken on the same consecutive offense (if intentional again)...then you start getting into DQ territory...you don't go backwards after taking the point.
Maxy
Haye is the most exciting heavyweight out there but I don't think (sadly) that he is the best. Unless he could get either Klit out of there in the 1st round I foresee a painful evening for him.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.